5.6

1. Apr 4, 2012
    This is the best Tiger so far without a doubt. I love the new swing mechanic, and putting is great as well. If you make a bad shot, you really feel as if it were your fault and not the games. The graphics have been completely revamped, and the new look is terrific, with grass blowing in the wind, moving clouds, streaming sunshine, and the crowds now look quite colorful and much more realistic. There is a noticeable decrease in overall resolution, which I'm guessing is due to hardware limitations, and which creates a perfect argument for new consoles. I don't care much for the kinect feature, it is just too cumbersome for me, but you may like it. I have no problem at all paying for extra courses, because well, I want lots of extra courses!! Overall just a great and super fun game. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Gameplay mechanics are good in general. Putting though feels like lottery and not a skill game like swinging with other clubs. Graphics are ok, but not great. The level of detail is surprisingly low considering the game engine does not have to handle a whole lot compared to your average racing sim or FP shooter. The character animations are very dated. Knowing what can be done with character animation these days it's puzzling that the players are so unnatural in their movements. The embarrassing constipated walk routine and robotic swing animations are not really up 2012 standards. The stuttering animations between shots and long loading times between holes are also annoying but of course do not affect actual gameplay.

Kinect is a disaster as allways.

A good game, but due to EA's usual money grabbing "extra content" shenanigans, you only get half a game when you exit the store and don't go buying this one used either. There is a use once code included that must be bought again if you want all the bells and whistles.
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is an awesome game. The new swing mechanic is amazing, especially the strike meter, it's a game changer. And now I can earn the DLC courses for free. I will play the hell out of this game.
  4. Mar 27, 2012
    Other? Okay, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is a great game, with excellent graphics, awesome gameplay, much options, excellent multiplayer. But the problem is that is same like the other Tiger Woods games, and if you have the other edition is better than you don't buy this edition, but is a great title.
  5. Mar 31, 2012
    Good fun game if you like golf, if you don't like golf just go pass it and never look back. Swing mechanics are good but not great. Putting is better but not by a lot
  6. Mar 29, 2012
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 was the first game in the Tiger franchise that I have ever played. At first I was skeptical of how any golf game could keep anyone interested and engaged, but after giving this title a fair shot I understand what keeps users coming back for more.

This title boasts a completely revamped swing mechanic, moving the experience a step closer to mimicking a real swing.
    Thumbstick swings can be difficulty to get the hang of (especially on Tour Pro and Tournament difficulties) but there is definitely consistency to how the swings work. The idea behind this is that the user must get the feel for a perfect swing, much like real golf. My only complaint with the swing mechanic is how easy it is to master, with no random element of **** for hazards such as sandtraps or mulch.

One of my biggest criticisms in this game is the Kinect feature. This feature was very hyped up but does not seem fully tested and it requires that users abandon whatever notion of a correct golf swing they had and re-learn how to swing for the sake of being good at this game. Putt power/distances are off, the motion is not accurate, and navigating menus is difficult.
    Pins give assistance, but for the most part the pins do not have a great effect on gameplay, and spending coins (or god forbid real money) on them seems like a waste of time. One of my biggest enjoyments in this game is course mastery and DLC. They give you the opportunity to earn everything for free! Never have I seen purchasable DLC also be available through free gameplay. Sure, the amount of rounds required to earn ALL courses is a bit through the roof, but this lets users pick and choose how to spend their rewards from gameplay. Players of previous titles should already know which courses they enjoy and which to avoid. Country clubs function as designed and are a legitimate aid with completing masteries and earning DLC.

Graphics are great, the variety of gameplay within courses is decent, and if you are a fan of golf this game has the potential to absorb and distract for hours. Overall I give this title a 9/10. I can understand how the DLC upsets people, and I can also understand how this title is not worth purchasing if you already own other games in the series. I recommend this game to golf fans, but not necessarily critcal gamers
  7. Apr 28, 2012
    Good gameplay, characters, my player, along with Tiger woods legendary mode, but kinect gameplay lowers my rating a lot. It was a good game all around, but kinect makes this a 6/10.
  8. Apr 27, 2012
    Bellissimo, davvero un gioco coinvolgente. Consigliato a tutti, non solo agli amanti del golf. Rilassa, soddisfa, impegna, insomma ha tutto un mix per passare diverse ore senza accorgersene. Andare sul green e centrare la buca da 10 metri è davvero il massimo, quando ormai sembrava tutto perso.... Per non parlare dell' hole in one, un orgasmo unico! Da avere!
  9. Jun 26, 2012
    My buddy and I rock Tiger Woods PGA 11 all the time. It's an incredibly fun game, and it's very user-friendly. You don't have to learn how to play PGA 11. You get better at using the advanced controls, but you don't have to spend hours learning how to play the game. THIS GAME, on the other hand, PGA Tour 13, is a pain in the a** to play. The controls feel far too complicated and the game just doesn't feel right.. Expand
  10. Sep 25, 2012
    Easily the best golf game I have ever played. The controls are challenging when you first pick it up but with some practice they become very intuitive. You can actually feel when you mis-hit a shot but when you hit a great shot it is very rewarding (just like real golf!). You actually feel excitement when you play well, I was playing in a tournament with my player and managed to get my first hole-in-one and I literally jumped up off the couch and pumped my fist. The my player mode is amazing with you starting out as an amateur and working your way up to the PGA tour, with a chance to play the Master's as a amateur. Tiger mode is fun and mixes up the challenges. If you've enjoyed any Tiger Woods games in the past you should definitely pick this one up. Expand
  11. Sep 18, 2013
    Coming from last playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008, this game is an utter failure. It seems like this game is made for the people who really aren't serious about golf, or those who don't know about in-depth mechanics of golf. Being able to deck a driver out of a plugged fairway bunker? I don't think that's very possible. Tutorials are taught when you stumble upon actions in the game. They're not all introduced whenever you begin the game, nor is there an obligatory tutorial. Not to mention the putting is insanely touchy, and all the unnecessary things added. Club selection is dull, contains just about the same amount of selection as Tiger Woods 2008. There are no shot modes, nor can you gauge how far you're actually swinging the club. This isn't worth the rent if you're looking for the old simulation that golf games used to be. Golden Tee goes more in-depth than this. Expand
  12. Feb 11, 2014
    Until I get a full game with all courses available I will not play this game or give it good reviews.

That is all I ask for, a complete game. I don't want to have to download anything after I buy it.

1. Jun 16, 2012
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is what we came to expect from the series: it contains enough new stuff to justify purchase, but doesn't do anything groundbreaking enough to speak to a new demographic. The word 'solid' is usually not enough, but this franchise has been on this level for years, and we're simply getting used to it.
  2. May 16, 2012
    There's no compelling reason to "upgrade" from last year's version and the game should not be bought for Kinect play alone. However, if you haven't played a Tiger Woods game in a while and can live with the courses available at the start, it's possible for you to be quite happy with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.
    Beware the temperamental difficulty. [Issue#84, p.83]