6.0

1. Apr 8, 2014
    If you are a fan of CoD multiplayer and NOTHING else, then this game is for you.
    If you like storyline and a good campaign that preps you for multiplayer, then you are looking in the wrong place.
    The "Campaign" storyline is a 60 second voice-over between multiplayer battles. That's it. Sure you get new maps for each successive "chapter", but there is no campaign in the traditional sense (a la Halo 4).

The multiplayer itself is good. The different load outs are balanced. The parkour thing is moderately fun, but most players aren't using it because you are a big fat bulls-eye running along the side of a wall.
    BUT - the multiplayer isn't anything new or fresh, if you've played CoD or BF, you've played this game (except for mechs and wall running - woo hoo.)
  2. May 17, 2014
    Not a bad game, and its a great choice for people like me that don't really like first person shooters but want to experience the rush of one every once in a while. Unfortunately, the lack of any real campaign really leaves the whole thing feeling like a Free-To-Play that I just paid $60 for. Wait until it's down in the $20-$30 range and you won't feel so ripped off. Unfortunately, I don'tNot a bad game, and its a great choice for people like me that don't really like first person shooters but want to experience the rush of one every once in a while. Unfortunately, the lack of any real campaign really leaves the whole thing feeling like a Free-To-Play that I just paid $60 for. Wait until it's down in the $20-$30 range and you won't feel so ripped off. Unfortunately, I don't see people sticking with this for that long, either, so you might just end up in late-buyer ghost towns. (And no, the voice-overs that take place during the loading screens and the few video clips in the upper right hand corner DO NOT constitute a campaign of any sort.) Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    This game, while not a complete waste of time, is defiantly not worth the full retail price. Getting the negatives out of the way, the campaign feels like a string of multiplayer maps strung together with a plot written by a middle schooler. The guns have been done better in COD and Halo, and the titans were infinitely more entertaining and cool in Lost Planet. The free running neverThis game, while not a complete waste of time, is defiantly not worth the full retail price. Getting the negatives out of the way, the campaign feels like a string of multiplayer maps strung together with a plot written by a middle schooler. The guns have been done better in COD and Halo, and the titans were infinitely more entertaining and cool in Lost Planet. The free running never really clicks and the customization never seems to make a difference. It's still a fun play if you pretend there's not only one type of gameplay and you hadn't just payed $60 for something that feels like a DLC of an earlier COD title. Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2014
    Firstly, Blue Point did an excellent job with the port. While it doesn't have the same graphical flair as the XB1, it still looks good on nearly 10 year old hardware and runs smoothly to boot.

The game is fun, for a while, but could offer a little more to the player. Customization, more game modes, etc. IW was never good when it came to providing lobby leaderboards, and I guess they brought that with them to Respawn. The biggie though is the AI controlled grunts. These are what really kills this game for me. They are the overwhelming majority of the enemy you will come across and for real competitive players this will make the game get stale rather quickly. Maybe subpar players enjoy getting these kills, but it doesn't do anything for me, and is the ultimate reason I'll be selling the game. Don't get me wrong the game has potential, but it becomes stale and boring rather quickly.
  5. Apr 10, 2014
    The same mechanics and gameplay we know from Call Of Duty, repackaged at a price for those who choose to buy it.
    All those who believe it is innovative are in for a great surprise.
  6. Jul 23, 2014
    This game isn't my favorite. It had a lot of potential, but the "story" isn't very engaging, and the multiplayer gets boring very quickly. I didn't play this game for long before deciding that it just wasn't very exciting. The mechanics and ideas could have gone very far but just weren't executed very well.
  7. Jun 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every map feels the same...Nothing is new...Nothing will be different when you play.....You get in, shoot some people do awesome parkour and then get your titan, maybe kill some people then eject then shoot some more people then you win or lose. This game is repeated and I'm sick of it. I'm generation 2 (Gen is like prestige in call of duty) and this game is very boring to me now. I had fun before, but it is not fun anymore. I will play again some day, but this game feels the same... The Campaign is so boring and literally is just like online. Expand
  8. Apr 13, 2014
    No campaign? No buy. I play exclusively single-player games and I won't buy a game to have 15min repetitive matches. Give us some content if you want the game to succeed.
  9. Apr 11, 2014
    it's too much like COD, the Wallrunning and Doublejumping feeling is overall too minor;..it IS more fun than COD or BF for online fun,..but is imo NOT more fun or tens than Gears of War, Halo (ODST,R,4) and L4D(2) online matches...

(and the "wallruning/jumping" feeling of Infamous SS is by far more impressiv.., even Master Chiefs jumps are somewhat more fun in the heat of the battle.. the jetpack jumps in Titanfall are mostly to get way fast, not to fight/aim with......)

and the big vehicles shout outs in the Halo franchise are overall more fun and have more diverstiy to controll than Titans, even if Titans can repell some some rockets..

glad I didn't get a XO for this game..., but if you're COD addicted, you'll probaly enjoy this, but if you're looking for real fresh online fun or want to to reignite the online fire, then you might be a bit disapointed..

maybe I excpete too much after the first beta hypes and vids.., and maybe because I played Thief (cool parcours feeling) and Infamous SS (cool hovering/wallrunning) before Titanfall, that Tintanfall dispapointed...

it's not bad, just not what the hype was trying to sell us..
  10. Feb 16, 2015
    This game is Online Versus Only.
    Not worth buying until price reach 29.99 USD.
    Only good part is New Gameplay unlike Most Shooters nowdays.
    Season Pass DLCs are worth since Filesize is 600MB-Upwards not Pay to unlock key.
  11. Oct 3, 2014
    The most interesting thing about Titanfall is how bland and generic it feels already. It gets boring and repetitive for however long it takes an average player to get bored of Call of Duty. Except COD has a cohesive main story and multiplayer and even sometimes a zombie mini game. Titanfall doesn't have that excuse though. Its seems reasonable to assume the developers could have added aThe most interesting thing about Titanfall is how bland and generic it feels already. It gets boring and repetitive for however long it takes an average player to get bored of Call of Duty. Except COD has a cohesive main story and multiplayer and even sometimes a zombie mini game. Titanfall doesn't have that excuse though. Its seems reasonable to assume the developers could have added a main story that included the big selling point known as the "Titans." It is fun however and provides great satisfaction from taking a robot down as a pilot or squashing the little ants that are pilots under your giant foot. Its just too bad that the Titans control exactly the same as the pilots, so you might as well just be a pilot and get the exact same result at much less expense.
    Overall Titanfall is deep, deep in the bargain bin by now and just don't pick it back because you will very swiftly be bored with the knowledge that you might as well just be playing your Call of Duty or any other bland title.
  12. Jun 2, 2014
    Honestly, I bought this game in recommendation. I can say that, at the time, it was worth the 60$. But within a month of leaping onto titans backs, snapping unsuspecting necks of players and grunts, this game got old fast. The game has an amazing fresh new look on first person shooters. Something the genre NEEDS. but unfortunately when boiled down, its just another shooter. You start toHonestly, I bought this game in recommendation. I can say that, at the time, it was worth the 60$. But within a month of leaping onto titans backs, snapping unsuspecting necks of players and grunts, this game got old fast. The game has an amazing fresh new look on first person shooters. Something the genre NEEDS. but unfortunately when boiled down, its just another shooter. You start to realize the games true face as the hype and infatuation die down. Then you realize that not alot of mind blowing add ins are really "mind blowing" at all. It all begins to go stale fast. If you play alone, you wont have as much fun as you would with your friends. What really dissapoints me is that the AI in the game have 10x more tactical sense than the actual players. They hug walls, move into cover, etc. But players just fly around with little to no teamwork. In a way, its less tactical than the Call Of Duty franchise.

Short review i know, but i got my point across.

Final Verdict- 7 out of 10
  13. Apr 17, 2014
    This game has so much potential and yet somehow fails to deliver. This is the first game I've played that has a tacked on campaign, and not a campaign in the usual sense, its actually still multi player and you move on regardless of if you win or lose. My biggest complaint is the lack of split screen. When I play online multi player games, and that is all this game is, I enjoy playing withThis game has so much potential and yet somehow fails to deliver. This is the first game I've played that has a tacked on campaign, and not a campaign in the usual sense, its actually still multi player and you move on regardless of if you win or lose. My biggest complaint is the lack of split screen. When I play online multi player games, and that is all this game is, I enjoy playing with friends etc. in the same room, enjoying one company and what have you. I have no idea how a game in this day and age that focuses exclusively on multi player it would exclude a significant portion of the multi player field. Crazy. Expand
  14. Jul 15, 2014
    Titanfall was one of my biggest expectations in this year. And it's failed. It isn't failed because it's from EA. It has failed in the titan gameplay. You can only play in 3, yes in 3 titans. And these are not very different. When you name the game with the "greatest feature" (the titans), then they have to play a role in the game. It's like building highways for pedestrians. Oh, and whereTitanfall was one of my biggest expectations in this year. And it's failed. It isn't failed because it's from EA. It has failed in the titan gameplay. You can only play in 3, yes in 3 titans. And these are not very different. When you name the game with the "greatest feature" (the titans), then they have to play a role in the game. It's like building highways for pedestrians. Oh, and where is a singleplayer champaign?...ah whatever. But in other gameplay elements the game is solid. The best feature is the speed in the battles. It makes the game like the old classic competetive games like Quake.
    So. Buy the game, if you like speed. Buy it not, if youre awaiting a new Mechwarrior.

Sorry for translation errors.
  15. Aug 11, 2014
    It was a really short game in my opinion.Only twenty or so easy missions.Also I found it quite annoying that you can only play if there are other gamers online willing to play.
  16. May 18, 2014
    The game works on last gen console surprisingly smoothly. It's fun as well, for a while atleast. Guns are not balanced well - for example the carbine, which fits on long/medium and short distances, has almost no recoil at all, when some smg's do have actually quite big recoil (comparing to carbine) and they're bad in longer ranges.

Anyways, when there is no online

Anyways, when there is no online -leaderboards/stats/clans -systems, it will eventually get boring. It's hard to find new people to play with, arrange matches or battles, when this option don't exist. They also made a companion app, which lets you check your stats from your phone/tablet, but it's only for xone users.

Matchmaking system in it's current point is ridiculous; no team -randomization between the rounds, even when your team has only like 4 players when the other has full 6. No teambalance.

All in all, i still enjoy this game every now and then. It's a fresh change in shooters and it's fun to play with party.

- Add a stats/leaderboard -community website
    - Buff the recoil, balance the guns, add more guns
    - Make public lobby -system better by autobalance option.

In it's current state: 7
  17. May 11, 2014
    Titanfall introduces new and fun multiplayer along with mechs. However the good parts start to end there, the game lacks any worthwhile content except for the multiplayer; including a short and boring online campaign mode with bare-bones weapons, customization, and annoying achievements required to unlock more mechs, the best part of the game.
  18. May 23, 2014
    It was a fun game but I got really bored of the game after I completed the "campaign". The campaign was a poor excuse of "single player", thirty seconds of dialogue per mission isn't a campaign. There isn't a big varieties of gun, there are like 10 guns but I only see 5 of those weapons being used. It was the most overrated game I played this year. Overall, It's a good game but It justIt was a fun game but I got really bored of the game after I completed the "campaign". The campaign was a poor excuse of "single player", thirty seconds of dialogue per mission isn't a campaign. There isn't a big varieties of gun, there are like 10 guns but I only see 5 of those weapons being used. It was the most overrated game I played this year. Overall, It's a good game but It just gets boring after 5-10 hours. Expand
  19. Jul 27, 2014
    This game is extremely polished and has some fun mechanics. However, the game lacks depth. You only get about 10 primary weapons for you pilot and 6 for your titan. There is a campaign, but it is multi-player with people talking about stuff occasionally on the corner of your screen.

The graphics are good and the controls are some of the best. There isn't much to do in the game because you will probably have almost everything unlocked within one day of owning. The amount of people still playing this game is very small. At launch it took less than 10 seconds for every game mode. Now it is about a minute and I quit playing the game soon after I bought it.
  20. Oct 27, 2014
    Titanfall can be a fun game it can also be boring game. Was it overhyped yes, but does that mean its a bad terrible games, nope this a good game but just gets repetitive after 8-10 hours. I do like how you can wall run and parkour but there's next to no customization and not much variety, don't even bother with the campaign it's the same thing as multiplayer. That's a good thing and a badTitanfall can be a fun game it can also be boring game. Was it overhyped yes, but does that mean its a bad terrible games, nope this a good game but just gets repetitive after 8-10 hours. I do like how you can wall run and parkour but there's next to no customization and not much variety, don't even bother with the campaign it's the same thing as multiplayer. That's a good thing and a bad thing. The game does pull you back into the game after a break I do recommend this game to people who like PVP. If you like a story I don't. Expand
  21. Oct 29, 2014
    Ok I'll get this out of the way right now before I go into a rant. The game does get repetitive and the story is none existent. Now with the rest, the game is fun to play for a while and the Titans were a cool idea. Everything about the Titans is freaking awesome. I just wish the fun would last longer.
  22. Jul 27, 2015
    Titanfall was a very fun game. The only gripe I have with it is how it has little to no replay value and gets boring very quickly. This is mostly due to it having a useless campaign that is just another rendition of multiplayer. The game however is very fun, and could have been something truly amazing had there been more replay value implemented.
  23. Aug 15, 2016
    This game is good. Graphics is average and gameplay is awesome, this game about robots, as MechWarrior Online and Hawken, but Titanfall isnt free to play game, MechWarrior Online and Hawken are free to play games and in Titanfall graphics is better than in MechWarrior Online and Hawken. Titanfall is good game, but not ideal, can and better.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 12, 2014
    Fails to match up with the visual splendor and high framerates of the PC version. Still, Titanfall is quite enjoyable even on last-gen hardware. It's a real shame that he technical issues end up feeling quite secondary compared to the fact that Titanfall is so desperately in need of new content. [June 2014]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jun 1, 2014
    A competent shooter, but fails to replicate the fun, frantic pace or steadiness its next-gen cousin achieved by quite a way. [Issue#111, p.82]
  3. May 2, 2014
    Some features from the Xbox One and PC versions are missing, but the essence of Titanfall is present in the Xbox 360 edition of Respawn's superb online shooter.