5.9

1. Apr 25, 2013
    After years and years of build and press, videos of wrestlers motion capturing moves over and over, we finally receive TNA IMpact! The video game. A Stumbling mess of a 'wrestling game' that contains terrible A.I, no rules in matches and an interesting storyline ruined by glitches.

The storyline is interesting, better then many recent WWE Games, but is ruined by the 'tag team' portion of the game due to the fact that your partner will Never Ever Help you. Every single match is No DQ, with a chair outside the ring that can be used constantly.

On the plus side? The graphics are incredible. That's all.
  2. May 17, 2012
    I like this game a lot more than most it seems. I think the gameplay is a ton of fun and really like the Ultimate X match. The graphics are top notch as well and to this day still look better than any WWE game on the market. It does have some problems such as a lack of moves, awful CAW and small roster but overall it was a very good first effort. Midway is now dead so any hope for a newI like this game a lot more than most it seems. I think the gameplay is a ton of fun and really like the Ultimate X match. The graphics are top notch as well and to this day still look better than any WWE game on the market. It does have some problems such as a lack of moves, awful CAW and small roster but overall it was a very good first effort. Midway is now dead so any hope for a new TNA game must come from someone else and I hope that happens soon. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    Very dissapointed play this game for hours and nowhere in it did I see any TNA. This is false advertising at it's worst, Shame shame, wrestling part was okay I guess.
  4. SuleimanM.
    Sep 19, 2008
    First things first, play it with someone else. Fast paced, action packed, heart pumping, power bombing fun, what can I say? It's Total Non Stop Action.
  5. robertm.
    Sep 12, 2008
    A pretty solid brawler worth checking out. Should be a good series in years to come.
  6. RobertF.
    Sep 12, 2008
    this captures the feel of wrestling, the controls are simple and the matches are fast paced and really fun to play with friends, so pick this up especially if ur a fan of TNA and wrestling. Outbeats smackdown vs raw anyday.
  7. BobB.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Good, but lack of features and match types (WHERES SIX SIDES OF STEEL?) makes it sad. CAW is too limited, but game play is great. Basically, it has what SVR needs and vise versa!
  8. AngelitoY.
    Sep 11, 2008
    For several years there has only been 1 dominant brand of sports entertainment and with that only one franchise of wrestling video games. But, with TNA on the rise they have spawned the first competition in both sports entertainment and in the wrestling video game market. The problem here is their first attempt at the video game world is a bit lack luster to say the least. While For several years there has only been 1 dominant brand of sports entertainment and with that only one franchise of wrestling video games. But, with TNA on the rise they have spawned the first competition in both sports entertainment and in the wrestling video game market. The problem here is their first attempt at the video game world is a bit lack luster to say the least. While graphically the wrestlers look great. Each wrestler has a distinct look and this game really shows that off with little details like skin texture and so forth. In my opinion there is a laundry list of problems with the game. For starters one thing fans will notice is the entrances of the wrestlers as it sort of reminds you of the early incarnations of the WWF Smackdown series, where the wrestler is introduced, walks on stage and is shown walking the ramp and cut....horrible for this generation of video gaming. Another factor for me was the lack of moves allocated to each wrestler as you tend to do the same moves over and over and over again, which brings you to the horrible CAW mode. Even WWF Warzone had a better CAW. For what it's worth the game is still fun to play , just don't expect it to be "The Next Big Thing" in wrestling video games as the game feels to arcade like and way too fast paced. Sting and the rest of the stars from yester-years shouldn't be running around like they were x-division stars. Expand

TNA iMPACT! had a lot of potential, but it didn't follow through on most of it. Beyond the limited/repetitive moves, lackluster CAW, and scaled back online, my main problem is that iMPACT! doesn't feel like real wrestling.
  2. The character models are excellent while the animation is fluid and lively, but the physics of fighting definitely lack polish and can create some frustrating situations. Yet despite these technical shortcomings, it's still great fun to clothesline, drop kick, and power bomb your friends in and out of the ring.
    That failure to compete isn't just in the options, either -- even the grapple system failed to hook me. It's a shame, too, because the developers boasted that they based their controls off of the Nintendo 64 wrestling classic "WWF No Mercy." Nice try, guys!