Tom Clancy's EndWar Xbox 360

7.2

1. NikoK.
    Nov 22, 2008
    What's so special about this game? Did it bring anything new to Real Time Strategy -games, but voice-command? Only thing why people bother voting over 4, is because they don't accept the fact that they spent over 60
  2. Mar 15, 2015
    This game is not very good. The voice controls are hard to work which really sucks the fun out of this game. Also you don't really do anything, you just bark orders at people which usually the orders aren't even what you said like I said it's the bad voice controls.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Although you quickly realize that there isn't that much variety to the game-play it is incredibly satisfying barking orders to your troops.......when it understands you. It does get a little tedious when you have to repeat a command 5 or 6 times. Overall it is probably better as a rental since there is not enough replay value to keep you coming back.
  4. AllenS.
    Nov 7, 2008
    High 8's but since I have to go with a whole number score it's a 9 reasonable depth, decent AI and voice command really works. Any critic who thinks that there was another true rts not just strategy games in general that was better done than this one is a fool.
  5. BretO.
    Nov 10, 2008
    There is NO WAY you can tell me that this game is as bad as some of the reviews say it is. I know, I
  6. SamuelS.
    Nov 14, 2008
    This game is efficient, no doubt about it. The biggest problem that I've had with RTS games is that, if I am to be completely honest, I absolutely hate mining. I want to play a game, not wait around for it to play itself. The appeal of the RTS genre for me has been that I get to play army-men outside of a sandbox. Really, I just want to blow stuff up, and I want to blow it up faster This game is efficient, no doubt about it. The biggest problem that I've had with RTS games is that, if I am to be completely honest, I absolutely hate mining. I want to play a game, not wait around for it to play itself. The appeal of the RTS genre for me has been that I get to play army-men outside of a sandbox. Really, I just want to blow stuff up, and I want to blow it up faster than the other guy. This game provides that, with voice-recognition that is scary in its accuracy (yes, it will misinterpret orders from time to time). Also, online is fun. Having a persistent war, with each day set as a turn, gives a sense that you are a commander in a larger conflict. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone interested in a glimpse at true next-gen RTS. Expand
  7. MatthewC.
    Nov 17, 2008
    Very good game, the voice-command system is a wonder in itself. Online play is by far better then the single player campaign is worth the cost of xbox live each month.
  8. DeuceM.
    Nov 3, 2008
    Based on the extremely limited demo (one battlefield, no special features like WMD or airstrikes), the game was still impressive and fun enough for me toI consider this the best console RTS title ever. With the persistent online campaigns, this game will attract a huge Ghost Recon-like loyal fanbase.
  9. LukeJ
    Nov 4, 2008
    Great RTS game takes time to get used to the voice commands but once you do you'll have a lot of fun with this game just make sure not have any background noise its very sensitive.
  10. DanT.
    Nov 5, 2008
    Actually the score reflects my pleasure at being proved completely wrong. I had relatively low expectations for this game but honestly it is superb. Excellent voice control system, not a click fest, surprising depth. Also impressed by the AI felt very human. Well done Ubisoft.
  11. AlexC
    Dec 1, 2008
    I just got the game and have already beaten half of it, and i can tell you it does deserve atleast a 5. The gameplay is just astounding, especially because there are few of its kind, strategy games on consoles, and yet it is almost as easy to use as PC strategy games. I give it a 9/10. The only thing i dont like about it is how long it takes to do some things, like moving from place to I just got the game and have already beaten half of it, and i can tell you it does deserve atleast a 5. The gameplay is just astounding, especially because there are few of its kind, strategy games on consoles, and yet it is almost as easy to use as PC strategy games. I give it a 9/10. The only thing i dont like about it is how long it takes to do some things, like moving from place to place and how long it takes to get more units. All in all, i recommend it to everyone who likes real-time strategy games. And if you dont like them, i still recommend it! Expand
  12. AlexR.
    Jun 9, 2009
    It is amazing how balanced this game is, it really emphasizes the need for a wide spread of units. The rock paper scissors formula is ingeniously synchronized with every single unit. Tom Clancy's Endwar has an RTS multiplayer unmatched by any game on the Xbox-360. The micromanagement tools are superb and easy to handle. Microsoft should have given Halo Wars to these guys.
  13. KenP.
    Nov 11, 2008
    Between U.S., Russian and European forces there are several differences, and these differences are essentially what make the game. When you have the burly, slow and highly effective russians versus the fast and strong, slippery american faction, it makes for interesting strategy variation.
  14. ClandE.
    Nov 11, 2008
    Easily the most cinematic of all the Tom Clancy games, including its approach to plot as it unfolds depending on which faction you choose and how you play online. The way the gameplay unfolds is unique: Tom Clancy RTS is a new way of approaching gaming in my opinion, and the WW3 concept is pretty intriqing in how Ubisoft has taken it on.
  15. DaleA.
    Nov 10, 2008
    Endwar shines on so many levels. Obviously there is the voice commands. Then there is the pleasure of playing a strategy game without all of the micromanagement and resource gathering, you are free to concentrate on the actual fighting. Its
  16. DavidC.
    Nov 15, 2008
    Great theme, great vision, but the game play just isnt that fun. The voice commands work really well, but the gameplay is very slow. I guess playing on the pc would have been better
  17. Max
    Nov 7, 2008
    Never used to play strategy titles (FPS are my poison) -- but this one's great. The voice control feature works extremely well, the action is fast, the graphics are great... what can I say, Ubisoft did it again. EA should take notice.
  18. ChrisL
    Dec 2, 2008
    I played the demo of this game, then i got the real version. The real version is way more fun than the demo, the voice command system works, really well. I played 1 round for a friend of mine, and he immediatly decided to play it. This is not how you do an RTS on a console, this is how you do any RTS.
  19. AcroNinetyseven
    Sep 28, 2009
    Thanks to the voice commands (VC), playing this RTS is simple and user friendly! The VC allows you to become the commander and free up the controler insted of cramming a keyboard and mouse on a game contoller! The only thing thats isnt the best is the units and veiwing them, sometimes its hard to find units but over all AWSOME GAME 11/10~!~
  20. Sep 8, 2013
    A fairly average strategy game for x-box. The controls don't get in the way and there is an upgrade system, however for the most part it is fairly linear. It also has very good graphics. Other than that there is not much else to raise it above average other than it's voice control system. The game is good to take out and play a few levels every once in a while.
  21. May 2, 2013
    Wow, quite the experience. RTS games alone retain that certain quality of "I am commanding an army, feel my wrath," but with the addition of vocal support, I was blown away. The entertainment is top-tier, providing tens of hours of gameplay either defending, attacking, securing, or just plain destroying objectives in RTS open world map variants. As aforementioned with the addition of vocalWow, quite the experience. RTS games alone retain that certain quality of "I am commanding an army, feel my wrath," but with the addition of vocal support, I was blown away. The entertainment is top-tier, providing tens of hours of gameplay either defending, attacking, securing, or just plain destroying objectives in RTS open world map variants. As aforementioned with the addition of vocal support, you may simple utter the command "Unit 1 attack hostile 3," or "Unit 3 secure Alpha," to which the game understands with perfect clarity. Highly recommended to those who wish to expand their gaming horizons. Expand

1. Calling EndWar shallow would be unfair — streamlined would be a far better descriptor. Unit detail and animation is intricate, and stacks of research went into concocting the sleek weapon systems of 2020AD. Each skirmish is brutally acted out before your eyes, but these animations are the icing, not the cake. For you are not a soldier — you are a general. Once you get into the mindset of a commanding officer, EndWar takes on a life of its own.
  2. GamePro
    With its slick voice-command system, depth of strategy and frenetic action, EndWar is one game I'll still be playing after its evaluation. [Dec 2008, p.96]
  3. EndWar is fun, fast-paced and will likely swoon even a few jaded shooter fans to the RTS fold.