8.0

1. Aug 24, 2012
    After purchasing GRFS and feeling hugely disappointed and well cheated out of my £40 I couldn't help but feel nostalgic about the countless hours, days and alas years my friends and I spent at the helm of the ghost recon franchise. The days when you could actually speak to most people playing and issue warnings of a looming sniper or vocalise strategy's, when a game actually feltAfter purchasing GRFS and feeling hugely disappointed and well cheated out of my £40 I couldn't help but feel nostalgic about the countless hours, days and alas years my friends and I spent at the helm of the ghost recon franchise. The days when you could actually speak to most people playing and issue warnings of a looming sniper or vocalise strategy's, when a game actually felt realistic almost like you were there. I remember sprawling in the thick undergrowth actually raising my head for real, in a vane attempt to look over the grass. The game throughout the franchise had a real community spirit and with so many configurable options and a ridiculous amount of amazingly atmospheric diverse maps you were never far away from the next great online battle . You were also part of a team and you treated the maps strategically as such and that atmosphere and team spirit is what's missing from the modern shooters. Have you noticed how all the new breed of so called strategy shooters, advertise the fact you should play as a team ? But how many games do you jump into where people actually do? GRecon was the kind of game that didnt need to try and coax you into such.

Well I played Graw 2 again the other day after selling GRFS and you know what? it still hasn't lost that original charm, after all those years it still feels fresh compared to all the modern shooters, GRFS included. The community might be a lot smaller but you can generally always find a a decent game where people still talk and have a laugh with one another. After playing this again, I realised that GRFS would have been far more successful, just updating on the previous formula. Instead what we got was a game selling its soul and providing us with yet another COD clone, albeit a 3rd person view and a Gears of war cover system tagged on. What a shame!!
  2. May 27, 2012
    With all the fun I am having with the fantastic Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, I decided to revisit GRAW2 and it's still that great game, with great graphics and tons of content (including two FREE map packs with 7 maps in each pack) that I remember. It almost seems like this game is underrated, even, with all the cool stuff you can do with it. The campaign is awesome, the co-op, the MP,With all the fun I am having with the fantastic Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, I decided to revisit GRAW2 and it's still that great game, with great graphics and tons of content (including two FREE map packs with 7 maps in each pack) that I remember. It almost seems like this game is underrated, even, with all the cool stuff you can do with it. The campaign is awesome, the co-op, the MP, it's all so great that, to me, this is one of the best shooters to ever grace the Xbox 360. That's high praise, but it's just that good. Expand
  3. StewL.
    Mar 8, 2007
    Absolute fantastic game. Graphics and game play are the best on 360 to date!
  4. DwayneJ.
    Mar 8, 2007
    At first, the game looks the same. The updates to cross-com as well as some new smoke and light effects make this game worth a look. A sidenote: I'm so glad they revised the clunky weapon switching that they used in the original GRAW.
  5. KritzM.
    Mar 8, 2007
    I'll admit, I'm not the biggest Tom Clancy fan. Splinter Cell didn't really interest me, and the new Rainbow Six still isn't apart of my collection. But ever since I picked up GRAW, I've always held a new respect for Ubisoft. GRAW, for me, set the bar on what should be expected from any third person shooter. A great, simple to use control layout, clean and crisp I'll admit, I'm not the biggest Tom Clancy fan. Splinter Cell didn't really interest me, and the new Rainbow Six still isn't apart of my collection. But ever since I picked up GRAW, I've always held a new respect for Ubisoft. GRAW, for me, set the bar on what should be expected from any third person shooter. A great, simple to use control layout, clean and crisp graphics and talented voice acting (Steven Blum, aka "Spike Speigal" from Cowboy Bebop) are all what makes a good game. When it comes down to it, the great thing about the newest Recon game to show up, GRAW 2, is that none of these things have changed. It's what a sequel should always be. The same thing we know and love, but more of it. Obviously there's improvements, such as the touched up cross-com and the PIP view that let you see what your allies see, full-screen. The negative side is that it's way too short. Four hours of playing on Normal will easily get you halfway through the game. Also, the fire effects are dull. The cross-com feeds are still out of sync, the rotation of buttons is confusing at first ("A" to reload, "X" for night-vision, "Y" for action, "B" for weapon swap), your teammates are still run-in-front-of-tank stupid and the multiplayer's still way too run-and-gun. But when it comes down to it, GRAW2's just too damn fun to pass off. For anyone who enjoyed the first, it's a must have. It may be just an expansion, but that's all I ever asked of it. Expand
  6. BryanM.
    Apr 9, 2007
    I love this game. Its multiplay is the best. This is one of the best online games for the 360. The only reason it got a 9 and not a 10 is because if you play split screen you can not see your gun or your person and that is crap.
  7. ApocalypseBrown
    Jun 9, 2007
    Quite simply an excellent tactical shooter on and offline. If you love war and are not named George Bush or Tony Blair, this is for you. The only qualm is the pro-American bias in the single-player, and from an French developer, is rather strange!
  8. MilesD.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Better than Vegas, better than graw1, better than gears... it's flat out the next gen shooter to date. i'm pretty sure it has the most weapons and accessories of any game ever made, and that alone makes it rock... but the levels are extremely advanced, the frags, sniping opportunities... everything... just makes the game addicting and vastly enjoyable. 10 out of 10!
  9. JayDee
    Mar 17, 2007
    Pure quality, the technology upgrades are amazing, the action scenes and intense combat make you see the 360's potential start to shine through. the graphical difference between this and the first installment are huge and make me look forward to the next version, but yet again like many of the quality Xbox 360 games............FAR TOO SHORT!
  10. FPSMaster
    Mar 8, 2007
    Everything from last year returns but just a little better in every category from controls, to graphics, to A.I., to gameplay, to weapons, to vehicles. Online has even more modes, but the spawn and base camping are still there so be ready to be himmed in and killed over and over if you don't practice for hours everyday. The skating animations are back online too but seem even more Everything from last year returns but just a little better in every category from controls, to graphics, to A.I., to gameplay, to weapons, to vehicles. Online has even more modes, but the spawn and base camping are still there so be ready to be himmed in and killed over and over if you don't practice for hours everyday. The skating animations are back online too but seem even more silly looking than last year and the slowgrenade throwing with it's slow, terrible animation and no cover system online ruins what could be the equivalent to an outdoors Rainbow Six Vegas. A nice follow-up, if only a tweaked expansion. Next time though, it better either be ghostly again like the original Ghost Recon or they need to chnage the name because there's hardly anything ghostly about this series anymore with airstrikes and battles going on in every direction. Tom Clancy's Advanced Land Warrior would be a better fitting title. Expand
  11. JLiberman
    Apr 16, 2007
    A game that hits the highlights. Top Graphics, great weaponry, a short but sweet singleplayer campaign and a satisfying multiplayer experience.
  12. McBain17
    Sep 4, 2007
    This is the best SP AND MP game I have played all year. I highly recommend it to ALL players. The sinlge player is gripping and sucks you in with incredible graphics, a compelling story and stunning soundtrack that makes you feel like your living a movie. The MP is just super fun with tones of modes and maps to keep you busy for a long time. This is a must have for any FPS/3rd person shooter fan.
  13. TheDude
    Jun 25, 2007
    This game is a blast. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because, if I had to choose just one, I prefer Rainbow Six Vegas. That's just a personal preference because I prefer gratuitous action to laying down under cover and sniping enemies from a distance. That said, this is still a great game. What really makes it stand out is the co-op mode. The missions are difficult, This game is a blast. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because, if I had to choose just one, I prefer Rainbow Six Vegas. That's just a personal preference because I prefer gratuitous action to laying down under cover and sniping enemies from a distance. That said, this is still a great game. What really makes it stand out is the co-op mode. The missions are difficult, and my friends and I had a blast trying to work through them together. I wish there had been more co-op missions, because I really didn't care all that much for the single-player missions, but the co-op was good enough to warrant a high grade on its own. If you have a few friends who like this sort of game, are on-line, and who will also get it so you can work through it together, then you should have an excellent time playing it. Expand
  14. MickFlanigan
    Feb 21, 2008
    Game was very very good, had a long play time for me. I was a bit disappointed in the feel this was just an expansion pack, but with the short turnaround from GRAW 1, it is to be expected. Maps were good, lighting was sometimes tough, especially washout. I still don't like the track speed of sniper rifles, but for team play, it is tops. COD4 has beeter graphics, more real game play,Game was very very good, had a long play time for me. I was a bit disappointed in the feel this was just an expansion pack, but with the short turnaround from GRAW 1, it is to be expected. Maps were good, lighting was sometimes tough, especially washout. I still don't like the track speed of sniper rifles, but for team play, it is tops. COD4 has beeter graphics, more real game play, but features in GRAW2 like waypoint parkers and map call up are awesome. Played this game for a good year before shelfing due to online team moving to COD4. Would love to go back though. Expand
  15. Jul 4, 2013
    Lovely graphics and immersive gameplay compensate for a somewhat ordinary story in "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2," yet another worthy addition to the Tom Clancy gaming empire.

1. An acquired taste. It is the best of its kind but it still takes a certain mindset to fully enjoy (read: patient people). If you're a twitch shooter and think stealth is for sissies, you might want to rethink any decision to buy this game.
  2. Something about it just feels too clinical, too rehearsed and at the end of the day this is a sequel in the strictest definition of the word. It doesn't take any risks, it doesn't give players new, exciting or exotic flavours and it tends to focus more on the multiplayer side than the single player experience.
  3. Although the single-player is a roller coaster ride, complete with "on rails" vehicle sections that are over all too soon the multiplayer will ensure that you stick around.