8.0

1. May 27, 2012
    With all the fun I am having with the fantastic Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, I decided to revisit GRAW2 and it's still that great game, with great graphics and tons of content (including two FREE map packs with 7 maps in each pack) that I remember. It almost seems like this game is underrated, even, with all the cool stuff you can do with it. The campaign is awesome, the co-op, the MP, it's all so great that, to me, this is one of the best shooters to ever grace the Xbox 360. That's high praise, but it's just that good. Collapse
  2. Aug 24, 2012
    After purchasing GRFS and feeling hugely disappointed and well cheated out of my £40 I couldn't help but feel nostalgic about the countless hours, days and alas years my friends and I spent at the helm of the ghost recon franchise. The days when you could actually speak to most people playing and issue warnings of a looming sniper or vocalise strategy's, when a game actually felt realistic almost like you were there. I remember sprawling in the thick undergrowth actually raising my head for real, in a vane attempt to look over the grass. The game throughout the franchise had a real community spirit and with so many configurable options and a ridiculous amount of amazingly atmospheric diverse maps you were never far away from the next great online battle . You were also part of a team and you treated the maps strategically as such and that atmosphere and team spirit is what's missing from the modern shooters. Have you noticed how all the new breed of so called strategy shooters, advertise the fact you should play as a team ? But how many games do you jump into where people actually do? GRecon was the kind of game that didnt need to try and coax you into such.

Well I played Graw 2 again the other day after selling GRFS and you know what? it still hasn't lost that original charm, after all those years it still feels fresh compared to all the modern shooters, GRFS included. The community might be a lot smaller but you can generally always find a a decent game where people still talk and have a laugh with one another. After playing this again, I realised that GRFS would have been far more successful, just updating on the previous formula. Instead what we got was a game selling its soul and providing us with yet another COD clone, albeit a 3rd person view and a Gears of war cover system tagged on. What a shame!!
  3. Jul 4, 2013
    Lovely graphics and immersive gameplay compensate for a somewhat ordinary story in "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2," yet another worthy addition to the Tom Clancy gaming empire.
  4. May 27, 2012

1. An acquired taste. It is the best of its kind but it still takes a certain mindset to fully enjoy (read: patient people). If you're a twitch shooter and think stealth is for sissies, you might want to rethink any decision to buy this game.
  2. Something about it just feels too clinical, too rehearsed and at the end of the day this is a sequel in the strictest definition of the word. It doesn't take any risks, it doesn't give players new, exciting or exotic flavours and it tends to focus more on the multiplayer side than the single player experience.
  3. Although the single-player is a roller coaster ride, complete with "on rails" vehicle sections that are over all too soon the multiplayer will ensure that you stick around.