8.0

1. May 27, 2012
    With all the fun I am having with the fantastic Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, I decided to revisit GRAW2 and it's still that great game, with great graphics and tons of content (including two FREE map packs with 7 maps in each pack) that I remember. It almost seems like this game is underrated, even, with all the cool stuff you can do with it. The campaign is awesome, the co-op, the MP, it's all so great that, to me, this is one of the best shooters to ever grace the Xbox 360. That's high praise, but it's just that good. Expand
  2. Aug 24, 2012
    After purchasing GRFS and feeling hugely disappointed and well cheated out of my £40 I couldn't help but feel nostalgic about the countless hours, days and alas years my friends and I spent at the helm of the ghost recon franchise. The days when you could actually speak to most people playing and issue warnings of a looming sniper or vocalise strategy's, when a game actually felt realistic almost like you were there. I remember sprawling in the thick undergrowth actually raising my head for real, in a vane attempt to look over the grass. The game throughout the franchise had a real community spirit and with so many configurable options and a ridiculous amount of amazingly atmospheric diverse maps you were never far away from the next great online battle . You were also part of a team and you treated the maps strategically as such and that atmosphere and team spirit is what's missing from the modern shooters. Have you noticed how all the new breed of so called strategy shooters, advertise the fact you should play as a team ? But how many games do you jump into where people actually do? GRecon was the kind of game that didnt need to try and coax you into such.

Well I played Graw 2 again the other day after selling GRFS and you know what? it still hasn't lost that original charm, after all those years it still feels fresh compared to all the modern shooters, GRFS included. The community might be a lot smaller but you can generally always find a a decent game where people still talk and have a laugh with one another. After playing this again, I realised that GRFS would have been far more successful, just updating on the previous formula. Instead what we got was a game selling its soul and providing us with yet another COD clone, albeit a 3rd person view and a Gears of war cover system tagged on. What a shame!!
  3. Jul 4, 2013
    Lovely graphics and immersive gameplay compensate for a somewhat ordinary story in "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2," yet another worthy addition to the Tom Clancy gaming empire.
  4. May 29, 2012
    I never played the first Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and now I really want to. This game has a very good campaign, good multiplayer , fun Co op campaign and it's better then most of games now a days. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 8.4/10
  5. Jun 6, 2013
    After having Future soldier for some time I decided to play GRAW 2 again just to bring back past memories. The game has a great since of motion to it's controls for a game back in the day. AI lacks, but I bet it was the best it could do in it's day. But the game makes up for gameplay. As you get ambushed by enemies that make you think twice, loosing teammates makes for a good panic and change in firefights. This something you rarely see today. Expand
  6. Rem
    Jul 17, 2013
    G.R.A.W 2 is a smart game for all the right reasons. It makes you feel intelligent and it rewards you for playing well. The one thing I have to commend most is the feeling of simply playing it. It has an exceptional Gulf War feel, something that video games have yet to explore. Not only that but the HUD displays just enough information to make you feel like you are playing a tactical game without cluttering the screen. The presentation is well done, but what of the graphics. It's great while not really pushing the standards. Environments are bland but models and particle effects are noteworthy. The story is not much of the main focus, but if you have been following Tom Clancy for a while now, there are some throwbacks here. Other than that, expect the usual espionage tale. The campaign runs a good length of 7-8 hours but what I enjoyed most out of that was the gameplay. Your character is no super soldier, so you have to take a slower methodical pace. Utilizing your squad and drones to the fullest potential will ensure victory. Close quarter combat should never be an option though. There is a good layer of strategy and it is pretty easy to die if you do not play smart. One drawback would be the pacing. It doesn't do too much outside of the usual turret sequence so it doesn't feel too special. The multiplayer is great, but uninspired for the most part. Overall, I enjoyed G.R.A.W 2. It feels better to play than the original (though the controls take some time getting used to) and it delivers a better punch in presentation. It represents what good sequels should do, and I commend it for that. Expand
  7. Apr 24, 2012
    I'm just going to start off by saying this is more of an expansion to the original warfighter game. Graphics still stand up and the game is alot of fun to play. Every aspect of the game is identical to graw. It seems like more effort could have been put into this sequel.
  8. Dec 7, 2012
    Pretty good when you get used to it, but until then, it is torture trying to get going. The game is worth a few hours of enjoyment, but I would recommend getting it from the clearance bin if you can.
  9. Oct 23, 2013
    [7.9] Another exciting challenge from the Tom Clancy series is always a welcome release (though of course I am writing this several years after its release). GRAW 2 really works well in atmosphere, in mechanics, in strategy, and in appearance. The game meets somewhere in between Battlefield 3 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and the result is quite good. The game requires you to be cautious, which all good games should do, but isn't so difficult that it should lose your attention. It isn't hard to become immersed in this game, but some glitches, relatively linear gameplay, and lack of interesting game modes prevent this game from being the best of its kind. Expand

1. An acquired taste. It is the best of its kind but it still takes a certain mindset to fully enjoy (read: patient people). If you're a twitch shooter and think stealth is for sissies, you might want to rethink any decision to buy this game.
  2. Something about it just feels too clinical, too rehearsed and at the end of the day this is a sequel in the strictest definition of the word. It doesn't take any risks, it doesn't give players new, exciting or exotic flavours and it tends to focus more on the multiplayer side than the single player experience.
  3. Although the single-player is a roller coaster ride, complete with "on rails" vehicle sections that are over all too soon the multiplayer will ensure that you stick around.