Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Xbox 360

• Release Date: Mar 9, 2006
  • Also On: PC
7.9

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Great addition to the Tom Clancy series. This is the best 360 game in my opinion to date. (2011) You love it or you hate it. Loved the multiplayer, Co-op and the Singleplayer was just amazing.
  2. ZacD
    Jul 26, 2009
    Great game, the best Naruto game I have bought in a while, at a great price too! $.98 plus tax at my local wal-mart. The graphics and explorability (word?) are great and sets it apart from naruto games on nintendo consoles. If only they get some bleach games like this!
  3. MattB.
    Mar 9, 2006
    Wish I could give it a 7.8. Lobby system is a joke. We pay for XBLive and ... can we just get a SOCOM setup ... PLEASE! Graphics are hot! Seems like a bit of a run & gun in multiplayer ... but I've only played one night.
    Mar 10, 2006
    Best game yet for the 360....a true next-gen title. Multiplayer rocks. Buy this game.
  5. ChrisS.
    Mar 10, 2006
    Great Graphics....Great Multiplayer......Great Game!
  6. Leo
    Mar 10, 2006
    Awesome, awesome, awesome. AI can be bad sometimes but that cannot take away from what really is the first proper next-gen game. Pity that MetaCritic's scoring system doesn't discount stupid low ratings that some people give to screw the average score though! [Ed: Yeah, pity]
  7. KrisP.
    Mar 7, 2006
    This is a fun and exciting game. The designers put so much detail into it. It is turning a little to much technology parts inside the. It now seems like a fantasy game. Who knows maybe we'll have plasma pistols and photon rifles on Ghost Recon 4.
  8. Justin
    Mar 9, 2006
    Great game, amazing graphics, wonderfully innovative tactical gameplay. I must-have for Xbox 360 owners.
  9. AnthonyVolpe
    Jun 9, 2006
    An enormous improvement over the previous versions. The gameplay is solid but unforgiving, the squad commands are great and surprisingly intuitive, and the Republic-Commando-style teammate healing feature is a great plus. Online play with the right group of people is unlike anything you'll ever play - 11-year-old Halo 2 trolls NEED NOT APPLY. Older, more wily and tactical playersAn enormous improvement over the previous versions. The gameplay is solid but unforgiving, the squad commands are great and surprisingly intuitive, and the Republic-Commando-style teammate healing feature is a great plus. Online play with the right group of people is unlike anything you'll ever play - 11-year-old Halo 2 trolls NEED NOT APPLY. Older, more wily and tactical players recommended and welcomed. Expand
  10. Max
    Aug 3, 2007
    Tom Clancy games rarely disappoint me. I had a fun time with Ghost Recon. Sadly, it was my first game i bought for the 360 and I didn't know what would happen when I pick up the 360 when it's playing a cd inside it.....(it gets scratched). The assortment of rifles, snipers, and machine guns were fun to play with. The maps were fun and I liked how I could hook up 3 other Tom Clancy games rarely disappoint me. I had a fun time with Ghost Recon. Sadly, it was my first game i bought for the 360 and I didn't know what would happen when I pick up the 360 when it's playing a cd inside it.....(it gets scratched). The assortment of rifles, snipers, and machine guns were fun to play with. The maps were fun and I liked how I could hook up 3 other controllers and play online with my friends. I am disappointed in GRAW 2 because there isn't anyone playing GRAW1 anymore and GRAW 2 isn't as good. This game was$60 well spent but there isn't many people playing it anymore so a used copy from Gamestop would well suit a gamer. Expand
  11. AndyB.
    Mar 10, 2006
    What a fps should be. GRAW is the epitome of a next gen title.
  12. FPSMaster
    Mar 12, 2006
    Great SP graphics, terrible A.I. from friendlies and enemies and cheap deaths. Controls in SP are a little clunky, and will get you killed a lot more than your lack of knowing what to do. Overall, SP is what Full Spectrum Warrior would be if you had total control over everything. MP is still crap because of the historic Ubisoft online interface of archaic menus, refreshing lists and bad Great SP graphics, terrible A.I. from friendlies and enemies and cheap deaths. Controls in SP are a little clunky, and will get you killed a lot more than your lack of knowing what to do. Overall, SP is what Full Spectrum Warrior would be if you had total control over everything. MP is still crap because of the historic Ubisoft online interface of archaic menus, refreshing lists and bad online stability. Getting dropped from matches in the norm, and the graphics have been toned down in MP to about Chaos Theory graphics (but jaggier and worse lighting) which looked good a year ago on Xbox, but look way too plain now against the beautiful SP which still could look better without all the pop-up and low res texture work. Get it for online if you don't care about graphics and liked the archaic set-up of GR2 and GR2SS, because it looks and plays EXACTLY the same now, spawn camping, slow lobbies, retarded hosts that start the room and leave for an hour and all. Get it for SP because of the graphics, but don't expect to play too long once you get to the night missions which have the worst looking night vision since the first Syphon Filter games. Overall, a disappointmewnt and another reason to say the 360 still doesn't have a true next gen game since this is just BARELY an upgrade from GR2...mainly the SP graphics are the only new thing about it. Expand
  13. TreborD.
    Mar 12, 2006
    Flawless on & off-line. Can't put it down!
  14. JayB.
    Mar 12, 2006
    I know PS3 is coming, but as far as here and now, it's great to own a 360! I'm a longtime fan of ghost recon, but have never been into a war game like this. A 360 must for anyone who likes to experience a game, not just play one.
  15. AlexL.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Great game. All the best bits of other titles from this genre rolled into one, but with fantastic graphics, intuitive controls (mostly) and great technology. I only wish I owned a HD tv! The balanced plot keeps the action diverse and fresh throughout. My only problem is I played this through to completion on my first weekend. What did I do then? Started a new campaign on 'Hard' Great game. All the best bits of other titles from this genre rolled into one, but with fantastic graphics, intuitive controls (mostly) and great technology. I only wish I owned a HD tv! The balanced plot keeps the action diverse and fresh throughout. My only problem is I played this through to completion on my first weekend. What did I do then? Started a new campaign on 'Hard' straight away. Seeing as I didn't bother bothered playing the last few levels of PDZ its refreshing to play a game this absorbing again. Great next gen title. Spured me to finally pack away my old Xbox, as I can't see myself going back now. Expand
  16. SlicesRight
    Mar 23, 2006
    Great game and developers are starting to show "next gen" in their code. Great stuff.
  17. MatChavez
    Mar 20, 2006
    It's scary how good this game plays online. The 9 is for the things it could have polished better, like the online lobby, etc.
    This game is all about multiplayer xbox live action. Consider the campaign like Halo; a training mission. Give this game some serious consideration, and I'll be fraggin' you online!
  18. J.W.
    Mar 5, 2006
    Wow. Great GR gameplay plus drool-inducing graphics and complete multiplayer and singleplayer modes make this one of the best games to come out in a while.
  19. BernL.
    Mar 6, 2006
    First really good looking 360 game.
  20. Tony
    Mar 7, 2006
    Great game with some seriously kick-ass multiplayer options! LAV hunt rules!
  21. Adam
    Mar 8, 2006
    Everything and more you could want from a Ghost Recon game. I never realy enjoyed Ghost recon or rainbow six games on my xbox but I decided to give them a chance on the 360. The graphics are amazing the stroy is great and the game play is the best yet in this series. Ubi soft has taken advantage of the 360's potential and hands down the best game on the 360 to date. The game shines Everything and more you could want from a Ghost Recon game. I never realy enjoyed Ghost recon or rainbow six games on my xbox but I decided to give them a chance on the 360. The graphics are amazing the stroy is great and the game play is the best yet in this series. Ubi soft has taken advantage of the 360's potential and hands down the best game on the 360 to date. The game shines brightest of course on xbox live. Expand
  22. DonnieL.
    Mar 8, 2006
    I almost crapped in my pants when I played this game!! Very real!
  23. Matt
    Mar 9, 2006
    Finally a reason to get on Live! Looks amazing.
  24. BretD.
    Mar 9, 2006
    Very good graphics and tight gameplay. The AI is a little weak sometimes. I would like my soldiers to "duck and cover" a bit more.
  25. Froggy
    Mar 9, 2006
    Fans of realistic military shooters (HALO fan boys need not apply) will rejoice. GRAW provides it all: visuals, audo, gameplay, replayability (online), story... I can't recommend this game enough.
  26. Merrill
    Mar 9, 2006
    WOW! I was wondering when my $400+ dollar 360 purchase would finally be justified and today is the day. All of the past Ghost Recon games have been great but this is far beyond what I had expected. There are very few words that would describe this game so just go buy it ASAP! :)
  27. ChrisC.
    Simply Amazing game with amazing graphics. Welcome to next gen
  28. BrianW.
    Mar 9, 2006
    Makes Call of Duty 2 look like Doom in comparison. First true Next-Gen FPS.
  29. DavidB.
    Apr 17, 2006
    stunning visuals and intense game play, make this a must-own title for strategy/shooter fans. the training mission isn't as fleshed out as it should have been for firsttime GR players; but it doesn't take long before the controls become second nature and rather fluid as you preogress through out the missions. smart and gorgeous? you bet.
  30. Ben
    Apr 21, 2006
    I played the last Ghost Recon game. It really sucked and I hated it, but then I saw such good reviews for this one and I saw my friend playing it and it looked awesome. It's definetly the best shooter for the 360. I do have some problems with it. Every once in a while you will encounter a spot that you'll be stuck on for a half-an-hour, and when you try to crawl when your prone I played the last Ghost Recon game. It really sucked and I hated it, but then I saw such good reviews for this one and I saw my friend playing it and it looked awesome. It's definetly the best shooter for the 360. I do have some problems with it. Every once in a while you will encounter a spot that you'll be stuck on for a half-an-hour, and when you try to crawl when your prone sometimes you lift off the ground like some invisible guy was pulling you up by your neck. These complaints seem petty in contrast with the hours of awesome gameplay though. Expand
  31. Ryan
    May 13, 2006
    I dont know how some of you can say this game has terrible play or is a waste of money. Ive had this game for a week and im still playing it nonstop! It has extremely realistic environments and Great Hitbox's on enemies. Online is like a dream come true! The best part is when you can get a bunch of your freinds on and all work together on co-op. If your some crazy Rambo guy maybe I dont know how some of you can say this game has terrible play or is a waste of money. Ive had this game for a week and im still playing it nonstop! It has extremely realistic environments and Great Hitbox's on enemies. Online is like a dream come true! The best part is when you can get a bunch of your freinds on and all work together on co-op. If your some crazy Rambo guy maybe this isnt the game for you because it requires some skill. All in all this game is beautiful! there are some other good games out there but this one is the delicous pie of the bakery! Expand
  32. josh
    May 2, 2006
    Hey Garbo O! do you have a good reason to give this game a 2! Bitch what the frecken hell. you sound like one of those ass holes that can't realize a good game when he sees it! ya and navy seals is a terrible game and sucks my balls.
  33. TrayB.
    May 20, 2006
    great game,shooter,and the graphiscs are pretty good as well.
  34. Syc
    Nov 9, 2006
    An excellent tactical shooter that's accessable enough to appeal to those who normally wouldn't play this type of game. Co-op is also excellent though the removal of the single player cover system in multiplayer is perplexing.
  35. BrandonC.
    Mar 11, 2006
    Was way better then I expected! Very quality game and worth every dollar!
  36. Ryencoke
    Mar 11, 2006
    Excellent. Finally, a game for Xbox Live that is amazing. Excellent job, Ubisoft.
  37. MattW.
    Mar 11, 2006
    Wow! Visually stimulating in every way. And incredible gameplay. I now have something worth playing till Halo 3 comes out... (keep your fingers crossed)
  38. JeffA.
    Mar 10, 2006
    Sony says the next generation begins with them. Wrong. The next generation begins when you play Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the 360. This is the Halo of wargames.
  39. ToriW.
    Mar 13, 2006
    It's a 360 showcase! I've read the other reviews adn most agree, this is a game that really shows off the 360. As to those who say there still isn't a decent next gen game, I ask what it will take to get the designation? I defy anyone to come up with a better looking game than this one.
  40. CorporalPunishment
    Mar 13, 2006
    This game is a worthy successor in the Ghost Recon series. It takes everything I loved about the first games and adds next gen graphics. YES Xbox 360, YES! After a slow start (how many were disappointed with the much anticipated PDZ?), I hope this is the game other 360 titles will aspire to be like or even beat fi they can. The next gen has begun!
  41. GaryE.
    Mar 13, 2006
    The graphics are stunning and game great, however I still get the feeling this is a little rushed!!
  42. NitemareRacer97
    Mar 13, 2006
    Great game but it freezes when i am connecting but it think its something wrong with the cd so im gonna exchange that for another copy and it will still be a great game.
  43. AlfredN.
    Mar 15, 2006
    If you dont give this better than an 8 then you obviously can't be happy with anything. This game is by far the Best military shooter I have ever played. When we saw the intro we said man I can't wait until games look like that. This comes closer than any I have ever seen. The only reason I give it a 9 is because the Local Mper is a little screwed up. Go buy this game if you dont have.
  44. LeroyRodgers
    Mar 15, 2006
    This game is a ten all you idiots giving it a 6 or less dont understand games let alone tactical shooters cant wait for Gears of war you say the A.i is crap Gears of war is supposed to have the greatest A.I to date and is supposed to rival that of humans.
  45. LeroyR.
    Mar 15, 2006
    This game is a ten not a 6 or lower. You guys dont understand first person tactical shooters. You say the AI sucks just you wait my friend Gears of war is primed to have the most realistic AI ever created and its supposed to rival that of humans.
  46. Miguel
    Mar 19, 2006
    Best game ever!
    Guess there's no fanboy now say this can be done on a 6 years old machine. It was funny to see comments on great games such as PGR3 and CoD2, when this kind of loosers gave these game 0 (zero) and then admited they didn't own a X360.
    Tip: if you want to bash a machine/game don't grade it 0, 'cos everyone will notice you're jealous!
  47. MattyB.
    Mar 21, 2006
    I've never been a fan of the Ghost Recon franchise. I was more into SOCOM and was sure there was nothing better. Honestly, after playing GRAW for five minutes, I'll never touch SOCOM again. The game looks stunning and the gameplay is such that it makes me feel like you are actually part of the game. This is no run-'n-gun game. You actually must form some sort of game plan I've never been a fan of the Ghost Recon franchise. I was more into SOCOM and was sure there was nothing better. Honestly, after playing GRAW for five minutes, I'll never touch SOCOM again. The game looks stunning and the gameplay is such that it makes me feel like you are actually part of the game. This is no run-'n-gun game. You actually must form some sort of game plan before you execute your mission. Either that, or you're going to get frustrated very quickly. I got my 360 for Christmas and have absolutely enjoyed the games I initially got. However, this may be the first game for the 360 that really made me think, "Ok, now this is next generation!" Seriously, it's that good! I'm not a huge gamer, but this thing made my heart race and palms sweat. If it wasn't for a few minor bugs here and there (what game doesn't), this game would get a 10+! Collapse
  48. JimW.
    Mar 8, 2006
    GRAW combines next-gen graphics with next-gen gameplay. A well-designed single-player and an excellent multiplayer make for the best Xbox 360 game to date.
  49. GusClass
    Mar 9, 2006
    GRAW is an incredible game!
  50. ElectricMonk
    May 10, 2006
    Until GRAW came along for the 360, I pretty much avoided Tom Clancy titles. However, I am very glad that I decided to purchase this along with "Perfect Dark Zero"--both are amazing first-person shooters, but GRAW takes the cake! Awesome graphics, totally immersible sound, tight controls and incredibly realistic gameplay make this one of my favorite titles by far for the 360.
  51. DarrinZ.
    May 3, 2006
    I am not big on 1 person shooters but this is one of the best games I have ever played on any platform.
  52. TylerH.
    Aug 2, 2006
    I love this game, even though it does have some wired glitches, it is still the best war game out so far for xbox 360.
  53. TimothyCycofoo831
    Feb 16, 2007
    GRAW is absolutely the most realistic game, compared to other games.

Mikko this is a reply to you. If you think rainbow six vegas is more realistic than graw than i should slap u. GRAW for one can be unrealistic. so can other games that try to be realistic. but GRAW is the most realistic video game today because tacticalism and the perfection of the 1 shot kill. Im a 2nd
    GRAW is absolutely the most realistic game, compared to other games.

Mikko this is a reply to you.

GRAW for one can be unrealistic. so can other games that try to be realistic.

Im a 2nd luietenant in the army and I know how to lead a squad or company.
    meaning i dont run around like a vulnerable idiot
    I play with my friends which are also in the army.

we play tactical. Like it was real warfare and trust me this is the most realistic thing we can ever get to

Far cry is FAR from realistic. dont even gotta question that answer

DOOM... not even close to realistic

the only things that arent realistic is the Weapon recoil.
    thats about it so lets rethink this situation
  54. BealeZ.Bubb
    Mar 13, 2006
    GO GO GO! That pretty much sums up the game experience. In a war movie, whenever you hear this phrase it means that things are jumpin' off! As you play through the game, you never quite get used to the bullets whizzing by, people dropping like flies, BIG pretty explosions, the general overall pace of the game. At the end of every gaming session I have come away nervous and GO GO GO! That pretty much sums up the game experience. In a war movie, whenever you hear this phrase it means that things are jumpin' off! As you play through the game, you never quite get used to the bullets whizzing by, people dropping like flies, BIG pretty explosions, the general overall pace of the game. At the end of every gaming session I have come away nervous and breathless, jumpy and....very satisfied! Though a very different game, I haven't stayed this interested in a game session after session since Half Life 2. Extremely addicting! Expand
  55. CherryTree
    Mar 14, 2006
    This is no joke. This is Advanced Warfighter! Without a doubt the most realistic and gorgeous tactical shooter I've played in ages. And all those people saying that this is the showcase game for Xbox 360? Believe it! Sometimes I get blown away because I'm gawking at the screen instead of paying attention to the enemies up my butt. 9 of 10!
  56. GordanF.
    Mar 14, 2006
    This is a weapon fanatics dream. The list of weapons for single player and online player games is extensive and tasty. Play again and again using different weapons to see how they shape up against overwhelming opposition! Sometimes you'll run across something that makes you just cream. Such as...well...that would be spoiling the fun wouldn't it? Just go get this awesome game and This is a weapon fanatics dream. The list of weapons for single player and online player games is extensive and tasty. Play again and again using different weapons to see how they shape up against overwhelming opposition! Sometimes you'll run across something that makes you just cream. Such as...well...that would be spoiling the fun wouldn't it? Just go get this awesome game and see for yourself! Expand
  57. Alex
    Mar 21, 2006
    i'm beginning to notice a trend with Tom Clancy Games. the third time is always a charm. it was that way with Splinter Cell (the first two were merely OK), now thats how it is with Ghost Recon. in short: GRAW is amazing. there are very few noticable flaws, and the online is ultra-smooth (except for the occasional teleporter). one thing though: this game is HARD. unless you know i'm beginning to notice a trend with Tom Clancy Games. the third time is always a charm. it was that way with Splinter Cell (the first two were merely OK), now thats how it is with Ghost Recon. in short: GRAW is amazing. there are very few noticable flaws, and the online is ultra-smooth (except for the occasional teleporter). one thing though: this game is HARD. unless you know exactly what you're doing, expect to die SEVERAL times. the multiplayer is the best part of the game. its REALLY ADDICTING. super-smooth gameplay with even just 10 people is a rarity now-a-days, but GRAW pulls it off nicely with 16 people. the one thing that baffles me the most, however: why can't you stick yourself to a wall in Multiplayer? it makes no sense... Expand
  58. DarrenB.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Awesome, finally a game that requires stealth and operates in a realistic manner...1 shot CAN kill you and there is no magical first aid kit to bring you back to 100% health. This forces you to think and take in the surroundings in its entirety. Only problem that I have is that there aren't enough levels (maybe because I play it too much) and some levels are extrememly harder than Awesome, finally a game that requires stealth and operates in a realistic manner...1 shot CAN kill you and there is no magical first aid kit to bring you back to 100% health. This forces you to think and take in the surroundings in its entirety. Only problem that I have is that there aren't enough levels (maybe because I play it too much) and some levels are extrememly harder than others. All up I wanted to give it 9+. Can't wait for a sequel or add on. Expand
  59. DAneR.
    May 13, 2006
    Sick game one of the best ones. If youre like me and had the orginal xbox but hated all the tom clancy games you should get this game because it is a big imporvement on the old games.
  60. JamesA.
    Feb 19, 2007
    Great graphics, fun online, only wish more co-op, if anyone who said this game is too hard doesn't know a good game, games are ment to be hard, the makers don't want you to beat it as soon as you get it, lost of wapons, I love it, my fav.
  61. NateC.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Impressive. Great graphics and gameplay. Friendly AI is dumb as a post though. You actually have to think to get through the game.
  62. May 8, 2012
    TCGRAW its traditionally a perfect example of what is a tactical war-game in a way that makes you think you're intelligent and smart to carefully move and take care of your platoon. Ignoring the graphical aspect , GRAW is marvelous.
  63. Apr 24, 2012
    Decent game with good graphics at the time. I was disappointed with the fact that i couldn't switch between first and 3rd person camera. Great gameplay and cover system. Multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired. It is obvious that the majority of the production went into the single player mode. A lot of fun.
  64. Jun 25, 2013
    With its beautifully digitalized interpretation of warfare, its fairly interesting story, and that always-successful Tom Clancy seal of approval, "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" renders itself an incredibly enjoyable shooter.
  65. Jul 3, 2015
    Just bought this game and I must say that this game was pretty hard for me. If you are a beginner to the GRAW series, this game is challenging. Graphics are superb and sound is awesome. Only reason I give it a 8/10 is because one headshot and you're dead...
  66. Sep 10, 2015
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was one of best new games to come out on the 360. The best part of the game was the multiplayer that I put many hours into with my friends.

1. 360 Gamer Magazine UK
    Horribly frustrating but deeply satisfying. [Issue #7]
  2. And when some players will struggle to overcome the Normal default difficulty at times, the opportunity to replenish health would have been welcome.
  3. Killer App? It appears so! There are certainly exciting times coming up for 360 owners and GRAW can now be the flagship for next-gen titles done right.