7.9

1. Jun 25, 2013
    With its beautifully digitalized interpretation of warfare, its fairly interesting story, and that always-successful Tom Clancy seal of approval, "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" renders itself an incredibly enjoyable shooter.
  2. May 8, 2012
    TCGRAW its traditionally a perfect example of what is a tactical war-game in a way that makes you think you're intelligent and smart to carefully move and take care of your platoon. Ignoring the graphical aspect , GRAW is marvelous.
  3. Apr 24, 2012
    Decent game with good graphics at the time. I was disappointed with the fact that i couldn't switch between first and 3rd person camera. Great gameplay and cover system. Multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired. It is obvious that the majority of the production went into the single player mode. A lot of fun.
  4. Sep 12, 2013
    Far from great...far from horrible. It is a middle of the road shooter with all the tell-tale problems that are significantly more noticeable in FPS's. The controls are clunky and without sharp controls in an FPS, it can never be a great game. The graphics were dated and the friendly A.I. was terrible. Forcing myself to finish the single player campaign was tedious and not fun.
  5. Dec 25, 2013
    This game had quite a few interesting ideas and mechanics but for the most part they could do with a bit of polish for example the use of support units, this makes the game seem like you can and must take a tactical approach to levels, however the limited control means that more often than not your support units do little more than cover your flank. In my opinion this campaign was all about caution and patience, two things which quickly dissipate in a (realistic) shooter game where one shot can kill. Whilst I think the game may have been a bit of fun when it was released, 7 years late I don't feel like it is worth going back too, Also I have to note I am not against tactical shooters as a whole, I played the original ghost recon on xbox and loved it. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2010
    When this was first released, it was one of the best games ever made, but it's been put in perspective a few years later, which is what this review is based on. I had a lot of fun playing this game, but there were so many unforgiving points that made your replay sections over and over again. The multiplayer was compelling but they removed the cover system and it also looked far worse than the singeplayer for whatever reason. It's an interesting game, but these days doesn't really hold up. Expand
  7. Oct 11, 2011
    I can appreciate that this was one of the first next-gen titles for 360, but playing in hindsight I can only find the controls difficult to master, the third-person camera becomes really awkward and often changes angle or direction in the heat of the action. Multiplayer is simple, anyone who likes the 'hold the trigger and point' COD set-up will enjoy it. Decent graphics and squad command for the time the game was made, but the fire fights are often let down by poor AI and the camera,as I've already noted. Decent story and awesome sound track however. Decent enough, not re-playable. Expand
  8. Feb 8, 2013
    Bad! Abysmal campaign. Horribly slow multiplayer. It's a mystery to me why this game is generally highly rated. It's painful to even type 150 characters for this crap.
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    Great addition to the Tom Clancy series. This is the best 360 game in my opinion to date. (2011) You love it or you hate it. Loved the multiplayer, Co-op and the Singleplayer was just amazing.

1. Horribly frustrating but deeply satisfying. [Issue #7]
  2. And when some players will struggle to overcome the Normal default difficulty at times, the opportunity to replenish health would have been welcome.
  3. Killer App? It appears so! There are certainly exciting times coming up for 360 owners and GRAW can now be the flagship for next-gen titles done right.