7.2

1. May 23, 2012
    THis is the shooter I've been waiting for since SCOM1 and and GRAW 1. Co-op is perfect, the single player is little unbalanced, but the contextual controls deliver and to CO-OP is amazingly well done. To be honest, I did not think Ubisoft had a shooter of this caliber in them. I expected to be returning this one, but I am actually spending more time in GRFS than Diablo 3 right now. StealthTHis is the shooter I've been waiting for since SCOM1 and and GRAW 1. Co-op is perfect, the single player is little unbalanced, but the contextual controls deliver and to CO-OP is amazingly well done. To be honest, I did not think Ubisoft had a shooter of this caliber in them. I expected to be returning this one, but I am actually spending more time in GRFS than Diablo 3 right now. Stealth kills are very satisfying, the weapon customization is best of any so far, but could still use some work and some expansion on options but overall this is very solid and does deliver where R6V2, GRAW2, BF3 and MW3 did not. My biggest ding is the train-wreak of a Menu system and the horrible writing/voice acting (the narrator is decent). The cut scenes just look like wax face, soulless abominations from D3, Ubi, stay out of the uncanny-valley). There are also numerous typos and mismatches in the subtitles, spank your QA and production team. Expand
  2. May 22, 2012
    Ghost recon future soldier is in my opinion the BEST shooter I've ever had the pleasure of playing,yeah the graphics may not be top notch like BF3 or call of duty but they are still pretty good looking.the game play is what I love the most about this game,it's super addictive fast paced and full of out of you're seat action *I LOVE IT*.
    but SP is not the only winner here,the Multi-player
    but SP is not the only winner here,the Multi-player is head and shoulders the best I've seen so far,I can't stop playing MP since I got home today and all I can think about is how much you're able to customize the weapons in this game.and don't listen to all those haters out there *including some Critics lower scores*they are all made up of cod fan boy's.if you want a real mans game get Ghost Recon future soldier asap.
  3. May 22, 2012
    The best ghost recon game ever.The graphics are awesome and AI is one of the best ever in games,your teammate can kill enemy and save you when you are down.Great job Ubisoft
  4. May 23, 2012
    Just finished an epic night of GRFS multiplayer and I am pleasantly surprised! You can definitely tell they were trying to cater to the COD crowd but that's not necessarily a bad thing here. GR purists will be mad but the multiplayer matches can get crazy wild! People still seem to be learning the modes and objectives but the game is so much fun I didn't want to stop. I've yet to try theJust finished an epic night of GRFS multiplayer and I am pleasantly surprised! You can definitely tell they were trying to cater to the COD crowd but that's not necessarily a bad thing here. GR purists will be mad but the multiplayer matches can get crazy wild! People still seem to be learning the modes and objectives but the game is so much fun I didn't want to stop. I've yet to try the SP but the MP will keep me happy for days. Expand
  5. May 25, 2012
    It feels like an age since this game was first announce,& sure enough has had a fair few delays.When the game was first announced all that time ago,i was concerned with the way Ubisoft was taking the Ghost Recon Series.The previous gen games were modern day set,& therefore more realistic & easier to relate to,then with the next gen of machines,we got the Advanced Warfighter 1&2 titles.ThisIt feels like an age since this game was first announce,& sure enough has had a fair few delays.When the game was first announced all that time ago,i was concerned with the way Ubisoft was taking the Ghost Recon Series.The previous gen games were modern day set,& therefore more realistic & easier to relate to,then with the next gen of machines,we got the Advanced Warfighter 1&2 titles.This set about using more overtly futuristic tech,like drones & the cross coms,which while not presently used,were still very viable.When i saw the reveal for Future Soldier,my heart sank,with even more emphesis on future tech,complete with the contraversial Harry Potter style invisibility cloaks!? I couldnt have been the only one concered,judging by the way we were constantly assured that the tech is in development & within a decade away,but what was most worrying was the impact it would have on the gameplay.
    Well,the games finally here,& i'm relieved to say that its absolutely superb! The optical camo is still there,but is not by any means an infallible technology.Its not only handled well,not over the top & detrimental to gameplay,its actually well implimented into the gameplay.It gives you options you wouldnt normally have in this type of game,& created something i wasnt expecting.Something that feels a bit different,but in a good way.You see the technology has its limits,which you need to keep in mind when using it.You cant get too close to the enemy,or you will still be seen,& it only works when your crouched or prone,so you cant move fast when using it.It makes for a great tool to not make things too easy,but to get you into position to create opportunitys & strategys for you,such as setting up killing zones for sycronised kill shots launching your drones,which in themselves,with drones that can fly,& even land & drive,to the extreeeeemely cool WarHound(I'll let you find out)really run & useful to use,or going in for a stealth kill.
    Stealth plays its part in alot of the game,though you dont have to use it if you dont want to most of the time.You can go in guns blazing conventional style of thats what you wish,but its nowhere near as much fun as going in unseen & using strategy.The game feels much like a cross between Ghost Recon & the excellent Splinter Cell-Conviction.It even borrows the cool system that lets you dash between covers quickly,to be either unseen or when your under heavy fire,but you can move & switch covers conventially too,so it has the best of both worlds.
    Another aspect i wasnt sure about,was the 'sycronising shots' mechanic,but yet again i was very pleasantly suprised.Its very satisfying marking up to four targets,watching each of your squad get into a firing position,then wait for you to take your shot,or give the order for them to take theirs,Not because its hard to do,but because its so 'easy' to do.This mechanic that tells you when everyones shot is lines up & ready to fire,among other features,lends well to the excellent(& finally once again implimented)Campaign Co-Op(up to 4-player Co-Op no less,each with your own character with slightly different look).Its about time Campaign Co-Op made a return to Ghost Recon,I've missed you,& i'm suprised Co-Op isnt featured more in squad games,as you'd think being in a squad is an ideal opportunity for Co-Op.I havnt played multiplayer much,but theres some interesting modes,including a couple of no-respawn ones,which are fun if tense.Also of note,is Guerilla mode,which is basically a Hoard mode,but more tactical,a bit like the survival mode in Modern Warfare 3,but at a slower,more considered pace & different rounds,such as stealth kill rounds.Sadly Campaign Co-Op can only be played either Online or System link,no split screen,but Guerilla & other multiplayer modes can be played Online,System Link & Split Screen,or combining those.So the game is a very good package,& the Co-Op means the game has great replay value.Graphics are great on the whole & the look suits the game extremely well.Theres a few muddy textures here & there,but nothing thats going to bother you,you'll be too busy enjoying the game with a grin on your face.Theres some moments that look absolutely beautiful,such as weather effects whci i wont spoil by talking about.
    One final mention must go to Gunsmith.Its an excellent tools that lets you customise your weapons in minute detail(if you so wish),from its paint job to different types of trigger,barrel,gas system,attachments etc etc.I love it! It may sound daunting,but it really isnt,give it a go,you'll find it satisfying when the weapon re-assembles with all your choices taylor made for your next sortie.This is damn near perfect military squad game,that shows that a cinematic feel CAN be achieved in a Co-Op game(I'm looking at you Activision & EA,so take note).
  6. May 29, 2012
    The best army game I have played till now.have an experience of your own and the graphics is just awesome.The tactics sync shot etc are very cool.So i recommend you check this out.
  7. Jun 13, 2012
    Multiplayer review. Is familiar enough to the earlier G.R.A.W. games while refreshingly different and more advanced to incorporate some of the advances other games have added the last few years. The maps are great. Many different nooks and crannies, multiple level with stuff in between (i.e. you run up and down sloping gradients within the map structure). Great evolution of the seriesMultiplayer review. Is familiar enough to the earlier G.R.A.W. games while refreshingly different and more advanced to incorporate some of the advances other games have added the last few years. The maps are great. Many different nooks and crannies, multiple level with stuff in between (i.e. you run up and down sloping gradients within the map structure). Great evolution of the series and absolutely a needed entry back into the genre. This game like the others is much more tactical than the CoD/BF3 games. CoD obviously the least. BF3 a bit more medium, except when you play the 64 person maps in a narrow passageway/vehicles. But this multiplayer YOU have to be the man. No killstreaks. No vehicles. Sure you have some tactical toys to play with, but you can't just call in an AH-6 overwatch, and don't have to worry about BF3 air vehicles devastating the entire map's groundforces.

I disagree that you can't run and gun. The difference is, you have to be a little bit more reserved, a bit more tactical with it, and it is easier to get nailed because of it. Snipers get good views of you through obscure spots, and sensors can allow you to be shown as you are running towards people. So maybe a more accurate way to describe is jog and pause rather than run and gun. The weighting system also changes your speed and determines how fast you can get past snipers on the run and such. The game is also FAR more realistic than CoD in the sense of it doesn't take 10 shots to take someone down. One clip on a standard assault rifle can easily take out five guys. While I like CoD as it has a place, the whole 1 shot or 10 shots is really kind of lame. I wish they'd tighten that down a bit. In Future Soldier a normal clip is enough to lay waste to most of the opposing side and you can do it faster. The hit detection is good and because it doesn't take 10 hits, it allows for a more realistic aim worsening to be more realistic but not entirely hampering. It works, it's more realistic, and even adds a bit of skill and real time processing while in a medium-long range firefight. While it sucks when someone hacks your data stream, it is a cool feature and awesome when someone on your team hacks the others.

I love this game. Max Payne 3 is pretty fun. But of the two I opened on the same day, THIS is the game that has gotten my attention and the one I can't put down. (though my 360 keeps crashing with Max Payne 3 might have a bit to do with that as well...seems like all 360 Rockstar games are buggy as hell). Easy to fall in love with this multiplayer. May still grow quite attached to Max Payne 3's, but already have with TC:FS. If you liked the GRAW series, this is a no brainer. If not, the additions make this quite a different game as well. Again great blend of familiarity, yet major differences. Been a long time coming for this game and glad UBI finally got another out. 10 for multiplayer.
  8. May 28, 2012
    Okay I am first going to start this off with a warning, Metacritic is full of bias trolls. All of these rating with 0/10 are just ridiculous. NO GAME I have ever played deserves a 0, let alone a game like this. Watch YouTube videos, read other reviews, and buy the game to find out for yourself that this game is great.
  9. May 25, 2012
    GRDS is a great squad based shooter that uses stealth and teamwork. The campaign so far has been pretty good through 5 missions. Its a nice change of pace from COD/Battlefield3. The multiplayer is fun also. Graphics look great most of the time. Really enjoying it. If you like FPSs then its a no brainer to buy.
  10. May 27, 2012
    GRFS builds on the previous ghost recon games by adding some interesting and cool gameplay mechanics. The campaign is fun and the levels open up a lot more in the second half of the game. The characters are cool but, you never really get to know them or truly care about them. The guns all sound and work like they should, which is a plus. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay feelsGRFS builds on the previous ghost recon games by adding some interesting and cool gameplay mechanics. The campaign is fun and the levels open up a lot more in the second half of the game. The characters are cool but, you never really get to know them or truly care about them. The guns all sound and work like they should, which is a plus. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay feels a lot faster than previous ghost recon games. The multiplayer is also very good and is great to play with friends. I'm very happy that you can also play through the campaign with friends too. The only thing I don't like about multiplayer is that there's no deathmatch or teamdeathmatch game modes which is pretty standard for a game like this. Overall GRFS is a great game and is everything that I wanted the next installment in the ghost recon series to be. Expand
  11. May 22, 2012
    Ok first thing I got to say is I haven't played the full retail game yet but I did play the beta and yes they were a lot of bugs but when it worked it was epic im really looking forward to it ... unfortunately I cant pick it up until friday as im in europe ... to the 3 idiots who gave it a 0 ... 1 i bet you haven't played it and 2 we dont all just play the generic CoD all day long so stopOk first thing I got to say is I haven't played the full retail game yet but I did play the beta and yes they were a lot of bugs but when it worked it was epic im really looking forward to it ... unfortunately I cant pick it up until friday as im in europe ... to the 3 idiots who gave it a 0 ... 1 i bet you haven't played it and 2 we dont all just play the generic CoD all day long so stop trying to get us to by giving games low ratings. Expand
  12. May 22, 2012
    I've been playing this game since Saturday and I really like it. I stopped playing military type multiplayer games when COD BlackOps came out. I couldn't take the cheap, run & gun game play style. Calling in nukes is probably one of the stupidest things you could do in a game...makes no sense. A soldier cannot just call in a nuke, or an airstrike. There's certain channels you have to goI've been playing this game since Saturday and I really like it. I stopped playing military type multiplayer games when COD BlackOps came out. I couldn't take the cheap, run & gun game play style. Calling in nukes is probably one of the stupidest things you could do in a game...makes no sense. A soldier cannot just call in a nuke, or an airstrike. There's certain channels you have to go through in order for both those things to happen. With that being said I decided to get back into social gaming by playing TC GR FS and I don't regret it. It's fun and for the most part, it's tactical. Yeah you could run and gun, but odds are you will get bucked. The game modes are all objective based which I don't mind. The gunsmith feature is really cool. This game is the thinkings man COD and that right there ...is high praise. Expand
  13. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A wonderful game, tactically sound, excellent graphics, great sound and a perfect mix, perhaps does not stand movies that left their mark but finally a game that usually differ from the standard canon of fps, which brings fresh air. If you would like fps games I highly recommend it. Expand
  14. Jun 25, 2012
    First off, amazing campaign, and a delight to play with three other friends. Complaints about lack of matchmaking for co-op modes is a bit understandable, but at the core of it my group required cooperation and trust to finish missions, nothing we could find in a group of strangers even in the off chance they had their mics on.

Two outstanding problems are the AI getting stuck on walls

Two outstanding problems are the AI getting stuck on walls (On the nights a fourth member could not play) causing us to reset. The other, not having drop in capability which harmed us when one group member locked up and had to reset causing him to not get credit for the very long mission we had been playing.

Overall a solid experience, a good mix between stealth and action, with an addition of melee take downs from Splinter Cell: Conviction, which is always a welcome touch when being sneaky or closing in on an enemy. You can redbox this game for 2 bucks a night and play system link without buying the Uplay pass if you want to try it out, but all three modes seem to provide enough entertainment.
  15. May 22, 2012
    First off, do not try and put this game in the same category as MW or BF franchise. They are not the same style of game. GRFS is all about teamwork and co-op. Like all Tom Clancy games, the story line is focused, yet gives players the freedom of choice on how to approach each mission. You can setup coordinated attacks, choose multiple entrance points on how to approach differentFirst off, do not try and put this game in the same category as MW or BF franchise. They are not the same style of game. GRFS is all about teamwork and co-op. Like all Tom Clancy games, the story line is focused, yet gives players the freedom of choice on how to approach each mission. You can setup coordinated attacks, choose multiple entrance points on how to approach different scenarios. This game is far more tactical than other shooters on the market. The think that might throw people off is the 3rd person perspective. If you enjoy games like Gears of War or other Ghost Recon games, then you will not be disappointed. Like almost every Tom Clancy game, this game is meant to be played with friends. Tom Clancy games have always been known for their great coop gameplay and GRFS definitely lives up to the Tom Clancy brand of gameplay in this regard. The single player experience is okay, but again, play the campaign with 3 friends and you'll have a much better experience.

Moving on to MP. This is the area that will leave some people disappointed or frustrated. If you enjoy the competitive multiplayer experience of Gears of War, you will have no issues adjusting to this. Some people hate the 3rd Person style of gameplay so this game will probably have you going back to BF3 or MW3. I however, enjoy both. BF3 is a game that is all about teamwork. GRFS is even more team oriented and going lone wolf at the wrong time can really hurt you AND your team. What I love about this MP experience is that everything you do that benefits your team is GREATLY rewarded. To give you an example, I finished a MP match with 1 kill and 6 deaths, however, I finished the match with the highest score in the entire match. How? I captured objectives, defended my teammates when they were capturing objectives (big points for this). When an objective was captured, I stayed within the radius of the objective and offered defense until the time expired...a big bonus for that as well. I also provided intel by dropping sensors and revealing the location of the enemies and let my teammates take care of them. Everything you do that helps your team is rewarded significantly higher than simply focusing on kills. I finished with more points than a guy with 18 kills. This game encourages teamwork, coordination, and approaching every combat situation with caution. The gameplay is fast paced and intense, but it is all about finding cover, covering your teammates and watching their back as they try and capture objectives. The best is if you stun and enemy, you can hack into his intel, revealing the location of his teammates, then finish him off. If you like a game where you can free roam, do your own thing, get a bunch of kills and not have the stress of worrying about watching your teammates back, or give support and cover to your team, then you might not enjoy this game. This game is for people who enjoy the grind of working as a team. One weak link on the team (weak link being a person who is off doing his own thing and not communicating with his squad) will ruin the chances of your team winning. If you like strategy and tactics mixed with fast paced action, then this game is for you.

Now onto customization. I actually love what Ubisoft did with the gunsmith feature. Most shooters today only allow you to customize the exterior features of a weapon system (scopes, muzzles, grip attachments, laser sites, etc.) GRFS takes this to the next level by allowing you to customize the internal components as well. You can customize the gas system in the gun, the trigger, the type of stock, etc. Everything has a tradeoff and there really is no right or wrong way to configure. If you want more control, you can unlock a gas system that slows down the fire rate as a tradeoff for better accuracy. Some stocks increase your speed in handling the weapon and making the gun lighter. Other stocks are heavier, slow you down, but give you better control and accuracy. Every attachment has a benefit and what I love is that there is a visual graph which shows you how your loadout is affecting your weapon. Usually the tradeoffs are control vs. maneuverability or fire rate vs. accuracy. Or weapon power vs. ease of control, so there is great balance. Each class is leveled up separately and there are 50+ levels with each class. When you hit level 50 with a class, you unlock another character to use in that class with different loadouts. So there is a potential of over 150 ranks to achieve if you level each class to the max. Overall this is a great game to play with friends and if you enjoy tactical shooters and strong emphasis towards coordination and working as a team, then once you get the hang of this game, you will love it.
  16. May 25, 2012
    I think that Future Soldier is a great game. I find the campaign to be engaging and exciting. The multiplayer while maybe not the best is still really good and offers an excellent change of pace from all the fps shooters. I LOVE the gunsmith, it truly allows you to truly make every gun your own! My only real issue is that the kill cams show the person never hitting you (but it is slightlyI think that Future Soldier is a great game. I find the campaign to be engaging and exciting. The multiplayer while maybe not the best is still really good and offers an excellent change of pace from all the fps shooters. I LOVE the gunsmith, it truly allows you to truly make every gun your own! My only real issue is that the kill cams show the person never hitting you (but it is slightly hilarious at the same time). Maybe add some other awesome tech as well, but I really like the game. Expand
  17. May 23, 2012
    Ghost recon future soldier!!!!The name of the game dictates it's playing style.The HUD looks cool and the magnetic sensor mode,drone,warhound are brilliant pieces of tech.It is a far better game than the COD's & Battlefields of the world.Also the campaign is well paced and lasts a whole lot longer than Cod's standard 5 hrs SP.Guerilla mode is fun to play and should be played in 4 playerGhost recon future soldier!!!!The name of the game dictates it's playing style.The HUD looks cool and the magnetic sensor mode,drone,warhound are brilliant pieces of tech.It is a far better game than the COD's & Battlefields of the world.Also the campaign is well paced and lasts a whole lot longer than Cod's standard 5 hrs SP.Guerilla mode is fun to play and should be played in 4 player CO-OP.Competative multiplayer is not great,neither is it reckless fun,instead it is really cool to coordinate precision attacks over the headset.It actually rewards you for being stealthy.Overall not the best game in the market,but easily a shooter worth giving COD a run for it's money. Expand
  18. May 24, 2012
    I give this game a solid eight because it runs smooth, the tactics that are implemented in this game are phenomenal and somewhat realistic, The only thing i can say that i kinda dislike is the fact that you have to unlock some attachments and some guns by completing some challenges during the campaign, but its not that deep to be complaining because i am going to play this game over againI give this game a solid eight because it runs smooth, the tactics that are implemented in this game are phenomenal and somewhat realistic, The only thing i can say that i kinda dislike is the fact that you have to unlock some attachments and some guns by completing some challenges during the campaign, but its not that deep to be complaining because i am going to play this game over again and get as many achievements as possible and unlock all the guns and attachments for the single player story. i am tired of people complaining about that because you cannot expect everything to be handed to you, you have to work for it, and i think that is good because that applies to everything in life, everything is not going to given to you, but overall the game excellent Expand
  19. May 27, 2012
    Very impressed by the game and while I would agree that the graphics don't blow me away all the time the core fun and strategy of the game could not be much better. Not since the first SOCOM games have I felt like such a badass strategy killing special operator. Thanks Ubisoft I cannot wait to see the next generation Ghost recon that is most likely inevitably going to come!
  20. Jun 4, 2012
    Fantastic game. Campaign reminds me of the old SOCOM games (1,2, & 3): very tactical and serious. The multiplayer is addictive and tactical as well. If you want a tactical TPS, look no further.
  21. May 24, 2012
    Yes, the campaign isn't immersive and there are issues with the graphics. For someone like me the issues with the campaign are irrelevant as I only bought this game to play multiplayer, so this review is focusing on the multiplayer experience. After logging 10 hours into the game, all I can say is it is incredibly fun granted you have friends to play with. The camo system is balancedYes, the campaign isn't immersive and there are issues with the graphics. For someone like me the issues with the campaign are irrelevant as I only bought this game to play multiplayer, so this review is focusing on the multiplayer experience. After logging 10 hours into the game, all I can say is it is incredibly fun granted you have friends to play with. The camo system is balanced since if you're close enough you can see cloaked enemies. One of the biggest issues I've had with multiplayer is how confusing the maps are since most are vertical. They also give you very few grenades and equipment items - 2 grenades and 1 equipment. This may seem balanced given other multiplayer shooters do the same thing, but considering how much longer you are alive and how much more support you are expected to give in a match there should at the very least be a more efficient and frequent way to resupply. It's relatively hard to level up because so much XP is needed but I find that a good thing as it keeps you coming back and gives you an incentive to keep playing. Games where you have everything given to you within the first 6 logged hours are almost always highly monotonous and not challenging enough to keep me occupied for more than a few weeks. At first the iron sites/optic zoom seemed awkward but it just takes some getting used to. Solid 8l Expand
  22. May 27, 2012
    Campaign - One of the best campaigns out there if you like shooters. It starts off with a bang and you can even play with 3 other players for the campaign which makes the experience even more enjoyable. The campaign is about a team of Ghost (special forces) with a mission to stop a coup in Russia that killed another team of Ghost and to protect others around the world. The Ghost have toCampaign - One of the best campaigns out there if you like shooters. It starts off with a bang and you can even play with 3 other players for the campaign which makes the experience even more enjoyable. The campaign is about a team of Ghost (special forces) with a mission to stop a coup in Russia that killed another team of Ghost and to protect others around the world. The Ghost have to get warheads out of the wrong hands before it creates a global catastrophe. Throughout the game, you'll learn more about the characters and things get really intense. The campaign is about 9-12 hours long depending if you're playing alone or with friends. It is very entertaining and I find myself getting very addicted to the campaign alone. During the campaign, you get to use special gadgets such as the drones and sensor grenades. You also have the ability to use the body cloaking, sync shots, and Gunsmith to customize your weapon completely to your liking. Some missions require tactics, while others just require you to be a good shooter. The campaign for this had me looking at shooting games differently and better. It's just so creative and it took the developers a lot of hard work. 100/100(A+)

Graphics - Subpar. The developers could have done better. Only the cutscene graphics bother me. They look worst than the actual gameplay graphics. You will notice the distortion in the cutscene which makes the game look like an unfinished product. The actual gameplay graphics are vibrant and I prefer these graphics over other third-person shooters such as Gears of War 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. The blood shows off the graphics especially if it's a headshot. I suggest you set the brightness to a good position in the game's settings because that will make a significant difference. 90/100(A-)

Gameplay - The gameplay offers a tactical experience. This game has the best gameplay I have ever experienced. The cover system is the best cover system you can find in a game. This is tied with Battlefield 3 for best hit detection in a military game. Stealth kills are always fun. Especially when your character says "go to hell" while slitting the bad guy's throat. When you crouch or go prone, your character automatically cloaks and it looks beautiful. You can do certain things such as rolling on the ground while you're prone to get a hit on your enemy as a surprise. You cannot customize the controls to your liking, but none of my friends have a problem with the controls. I have 4 friends with this game. The sound is amazing and everything sounds realistic. When you first pop in the game, it installs some audio content for a better audio experience. I was blasting my surround sound. Also, in Guerilla Mode (survival) you are able to use kill skreaks. That is fun as well. 100/100(A+)

Multiplayer - Teamwork oriented multiplayer. There are 4 gamemodes and they are all objective based. There is not flatout team deathmatch or free for all, even though I wish there was. The character choices are riflemen, engineers and scouts. All have their specialties and different weapons they use. I prefer riflemen the most because they can take the most damage to the torso. The highest level is level 50 and you get credits for playing. Those credits can be used towards gun attacthments and equipment. The multiplayer actually takes skill, but it is still balanced. I got the Signature Edition from GameStop so I got the MK14 as a bonus for my riflemen and it's an amazing gun. The multiplayer goes up to 16 players online and has 10 maps. 95/100(A+)

Playing Time/Content: The campaign is lengthy, multiplayer is fun. and Guerilla Mode is fun as well. I will be spending a lot of time with this game and so will 4 of my friends. 100/100(A+)

Overall Score: 97/100(A+)

+ Co-Op campaign with up to 4 players
    + Co-Op survival with up to 4 players (2 player split-screen available)
    + Cover system
    + Gunsmith
    + Lengthy campaign
    + Sound
    - No split-screen co-op
    - No non-objective based multiplayer game modes
    - Quality of cutscenes
  23. May 22, 2012
    This is not a final review of the game, but a first impression of the first 3-4 hours of my time with it. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is a lot of fun from my first few hours. I played the first 2 hours of campaign and while the story could be copy-pasted into almost any other modern war game, I still had fun with it. The combat was smooth and engaging enough for me not to notice theThis is not a final review of the game, but a first impression of the first 3-4 hours of my time with it. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is a lot of fun from my first few hours. I played the first 2 hours of campaign and while the story could be copy-pasted into almost any other modern war game, I still had fun with it. The combat was smooth and engaging enough for me not to notice the linear levels and the less tactical gameplay as compared to other Ghost Recon games. The only real squad tactics in this game is setting up for sync shots, an ability that lets your squad take out up to 4 enemies at the same time. You can't give orders to your squad otherwise, which is my only complaint about the single player so far.

As for the multiplayer, I played about 2 hours of the "conflict" game type. It's a gametype that acts similar to "headquarters" in Call of Duty games. There is a neutral objective on the map and your team has to capture and defend the control point to get points. When capturing a point, you cannot move which puts your team at a disadvantage. The rest of your team has to set up good defensive positions and prepare for an enemy attack. Enemies can see your capture progress, so they know how close you are to taking the objective. The game get's interesting later in the matches. Sometimes an objective will spawn already in a team's control and that team must defend it right away. They have to defend it for 3 minutes or the attacking team has to take it. Games last 15 minutes and do not have a score cap. I really like this game type as opposed to the generic game types that appear in a lot of other shooters.
  24. Apr 16, 2013
    (Played the beta, single player completed on normal, all characters in multiplayer level maxed, purchased day of release, played the DLC).

Ultimately, what sets GRFS apart from other first person shooters is the tactics that are involved in all facets of the game. The heart of the game lies in it's multiplayer experience, in my opinion. The campaign does some neat and innovative things such as the 'Sync Shot' but what put me off from it, is effectively being penalized for not playing the game a certain way... the way the game wants me to play.

In the campaign, you can unlock certain things to better your guns and equipment and based off the score of each mission you can potential unlock more things. What I didn't enjoy is that if you do not complete a challenge or have a high enough mission score by playing the game the way the game wants you to play it, you can't unlock items, even if you were highly successful in your mission. I didn't want to use the guns they outlined... I wanted to play the game my way.

The story, like other military-esque games, has you in various locations and each mission does do something intriguing (like using giant mecha-robots) and those parts were enjoyable and challenges aside, the game is laid out in a tough but fair way that does make you earn mission completion.

The questions that arise in the campaign are redeemed somewhat in the multiplayer experience. Each level designed is great, in that, you are able to flank (or be flanked) in each and every position you are attacking/defending. The progression of each character is reasonable but the stratification is not significant... so a level 5 character does have the ability to challenge a level 45 character well, where skill is the deciding factor (as it should be, in my opinion). 'Conflict' mode is especially fun and my favorite though being placed in a team that is not up to par is frustrating (but that could be said for any game). This feeling seems accentuated in GRFS as the normal k/d ratio, as in other FPS', is not relevant and taking objectives is... and newcomers to the game are often lost or "camp" and until they learn that, make it slow going. It is very possible to be the MVP of a match without killing anyone... which was great to do.

Ultimately, the game... particularly the online experiences, are definitely worth the purchase, in my opinion. (8/10)
  25. May 22, 2012
    so COOL with KINECT;high values in "missions design,textures resolutions,gadgets effects,gameplay depth and environments use" but sometimes "enemy`s AI" is so dumb.
    i played on hard.
  26. May 31, 2012
    Wow, this was good. As far as tactical games, nothing gets better outside an RTS. Sync Shot is unlike anything else, if your looking for a third person shooter that stands out above all us in graphics and rich story, this is your answer. The technology within the game, is pretty cool. Please understand I am MGS guy, so this kind of game is right up my alley. It has a nice rich story lineWow, this was good. As far as tactical games, nothing gets better outside an RTS. Sync Shot is unlike anything else, if your looking for a third person shooter that stands out above all us in graphics and rich story, this is your answer. The technology within the game, is pretty cool. Please understand I am MGS guy, so this kind of game is right up my alley. It has a nice rich story line with your typical Clancy plot twists and dialogue. The only issue would be the lack of control at multiple points, you think your playing but if you try moving you realize it is a cutscene, which gets frustrating, but still a great game and worth your time from start to finish. Here the full review: http://liquidgamer.podbean.com/ Expand
  27. Jun 23, 2012
    This Ghost Recon game may not be the best one in the Ghost Recon series but still has a lot to offer. Campaign is really good in this one and different for the other two. Co-op a lot of fun too. Ghost Recon Fs may not be the best one but its still worth buying. Ghost Recon Future Soldier 8.0/10
  28. May 22, 2012
    Great game, alot of content. f you want a game that keeps you busy this summer and still have time to spend with friends and family GRFS is for you. it haves the perfevt balence in complexity and simplenes.
    while gamers that are used to FPS are going to have a hard time with this. after finishing the 10 or more hour campaing, you should be ready for MP. good clan managment. good ping.
    all
    all perfect. but no matter what the game is, theres still going to be people learning to play or just people who are dumb as bricks
  29. May 28, 2012
    This is hands down the best multiplayer team tactical shooter I have played in a long time. So much fun if you can get into a game where everyone has a mic and is playing as a team. Only reason this game gets an 8 instead of a 9 from me is poor AI glitches holding back single player campaign and the at times poor graphics from say wood breaking or glass shattering, Kind of pulls youThis is hands down the best multiplayer team tactical shooter I have played in a long time. So much fun if you can get into a game where everyone has a mic and is playing as a team. Only reason this game gets an 8 instead of a 9 from me is poor AI glitches holding back single player campaign and the at times poor graphics from say wood breaking or glass shattering, Kind of pulls you away from the intensity of the game. At least graphics don't suffer any loss between single player and multiplayer. Fast paced intense and all around good fun when you're in the heat of battle. Special class skills keep the battlefield ever changing and engaging. Must buy for anyone who likes team based gameplay and enjoys TPS. Expand
  30. May 22, 2012
    Graphics are top-notch for a console; combat feels smooth, cover system works very fun. The impressive suite of features and atypical approach to third-person pew-pew gives it an edge over many me-too action games. Its maps are designed to make players work for their kills, which makes them feel like they've truly earned each one.

1. Aug 3, 2012
    A tactical shooter with focus on stealth and teamwork. Buy it for the multiplayer modes and play with a team of friends, as the campaign is missing a large portion of the Ghost Recon-identity.
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 19, 2012
    A surprisingly engaging campaign with a slew of co-op options, let down by okay graphics and inconsistent connectivity. Get some. [Aug 2012, p.66]
    So what did I think of my first Ghost Recon experience? Well, I think it did a lot of things well. Despite lacking any kind of coherent plot, Future Soldier's campaign had the hooks in me and I couldn't help but finish it off, despite having no interest in the pay-off. Chalk this up to a great combat system and some pretty satisfying stealth segments.