7.2

1. May 22, 2012
    Ghost recon future soldier is in my opinion the BEST shooter I've ever had the pleasure of playing,yeah the graphics may not be top notch like BF3 or call of duty but they are still pretty good looking.the game play is what I love the most about this game,it's super addictive fast paced and full of out of you're seat action *I LOVE IT*.
    but SP is not the only winner here,the Multi-player
    but SP is not the only winner here,the Multi-player is head and shoulders the best I've seen so far,I can't stop playing MP since I got home today and all I can think about is how much you're able to customize the weapons in this game.and don't listen to all those haters out there *including some Critics lower scores*they are all made up of cod fan boy's.if you want a real mans game get Ghost Recon future soldier asap.
  2. May 22, 2012
    The best ghost recon game ever.The graphics are awesome and AI is one of the best ever in games,your teammate can kill enemy and save you when you are down.Great job Ubisoft
  3. May 23, 2012
    Just finished an epic night of GRFS multiplayer and I am pleasantly surprised! You can definitely tell they were trying to cater to the COD crowd but that's not necessarily a bad thing here. GR purists will be mad but the multiplayer matches can get crazy wild! People still seem to be learning the modes and objectives but the game is so much fun I didn't want to stop. I've yet to try theJust finished an epic night of GRFS multiplayer and I am pleasantly surprised! You can definitely tell they were trying to cater to the COD crowd but that's not necessarily a bad thing here. GR purists will be mad but the multiplayer matches can get crazy wild! People still seem to be learning the modes and objectives but the game is so much fun I didn't want to stop. I've yet to try the SP but the MP will keep me happy for days. Expand
  4. Jun 13, 2012
    Multiplayer review. Is familiar enough to the earlier G.R.A.W. games while refreshingly different and more advanced to incorporate some of the advances other games have added the last few years. The maps are great. Many different nooks and crannies, multiple level with stuff in between (i.e. you run up and down sloping gradients within the map structure). Great evolution of the seriesMultiplayer review. Is familiar enough to the earlier G.R.A.W. games while refreshingly different and more advanced to incorporate some of the advances other games have added the last few years. The maps are great. Many different nooks and crannies, multiple level with stuff in between (i.e. you run up and down sloping gradients within the map structure). Great evolution of the series and absolutely a needed entry back into the genre. This game like the others is much more tactical than the CoD/BF3 games. CoD obviously the least. BF3 a bit more medium, except when you play the 64 person maps in a narrow passageway/vehicles. But this multiplayer YOU have to be the man. No killstreaks. No vehicles. Sure you have some tactical toys to play with, but you can't just call in an AH-6 overwatch, and don't have to worry about BF3 air vehicles devastating the entire map's groundforces.

I disagree that you can't run and gun. The difference is, you have to be a little bit more reserved, a bit more tactical with it, and it is easier to get nailed because of it. Snipers get good views of you through obscure spots, and sensors can allow you to be shown as you are running towards people. So maybe a more accurate way to describe is jog and pause rather than run and gun. The weighting system also changes your speed and determines how fast you can get past snipers on the run and such. The game is also FAR more realistic than CoD in the sense of it doesn't take 10 shots to take someone down. One clip on a standard assault rifle can easily take out five guys. While I like CoD as it has a place, the whole 1 shot or 10 shots is really kind of lame. I wish they'd tighten that down a bit. In Future Soldier a normal clip is enough to lay waste to most of the opposing side and you can do it faster. The hit detection is good and because it doesn't take 10 hits, it allows for a more realistic aim worsening to be more realistic but not entirely hampering. It works, it's more realistic, and even adds a bit of skill and real time processing while in a medium-long range firefight. While it sucks when someone hacks your data stream, it is a cool feature and awesome when someone on your team hacks the others.

I love this game. Max Payne 3 is pretty fun. But of the two I opened on the same day, THIS is the game that has gotten my attention and the one I can't put down. (though my 360 keeps crashing with Max Payne 3 might have a bit to do with that as well...seems like all 360 Rockstar games are buggy as hell). Easy to fall in love with this multiplayer. May still grow quite attached to Max Payne 3's, but already have with TC:FS. If you liked the GRAW series, this is a no brainer. If not, the additions make this quite a different game as well. Again great blend of familiarity, yet major differences. Been a long time coming for this game and glad UBI finally got another out. 10 for multiplayer.
  5. May 25, 2012
    GRDS is a great squad based shooter that uses stealth and teamwork. The campaign so far has been pretty good through 5 missions. Its a nice change of pace from COD/Battlefield3. The multiplayer is fun also. Graphics look great most of the time. Really enjoying it. If you like FPSs then its a no brainer to buy.
  6. May 22, 2012
    I've been playing this game since Saturday and I really like it. I stopped playing military type multiplayer games when COD BlackOps came out. I couldn't take the cheap, run & gun game play style. Calling in nukes is probably one of the stupidest things you could do in a game...makes no sense. A soldier cannot just call in a nuke, or an airstrike. There's certain channels you have to goI've been playing this game since Saturday and I really like it. I stopped playing military type multiplayer games when COD BlackOps came out. I couldn't take the cheap, run & gun game play style. Calling in nukes is probably one of the stupidest things you could do in a game...makes no sense. A soldier cannot just call in a nuke, or an airstrike. There's certain channels you have to go through in order for both those things to happen. With that being said I decided to get back into social gaming by playing TC GR FS and I don't regret it. It's fun and for the most part, it's tactical. Yeah you could run and gun, but odds are you will get bucked. The game modes are all objective based which I don't mind. The gunsmith feature is really cool. This game is the thinkings man COD and that right there ...is high praise. Expand
  7. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A wonderful game, tactically sound, excellent graphics, great sound and a perfect mix, perhaps does not stand movies that left their mark but finally a game that usually differ from the standard canon of fps, which brings fresh air. If you would like fps games I highly recommend it. Expand
  8. May 22, 2012
    First off, do not try and put this game in the same category as MW or BF franchise. They are not the same style of game. GRFS is all about teamwork and co-op. Like all Tom Clancy games, the story line is focused, yet gives players the freedom of choice on how to approach each mission. You can setup coordinated attacks, choose multiple entrance points on how to approach differentFirst off, do not try and put this game in the same category as MW or BF franchise. They are not the same style of game. GRFS is all about teamwork and co-op. Like all Tom Clancy games, the story line is focused, yet gives players the freedom of choice on how to approach each mission. You can setup coordinated attacks, choose multiple entrance points on how to approach different scenarios. This game is far more tactical than other shooters on the market. The think that might throw people off is the 3rd person perspective. If you enjoy games like Gears of War or other Ghost Recon games, then you will not be disappointed. Like almost every Tom Clancy game, this game is meant to be played with friends. Tom Clancy games have always been known for their great coop gameplay and GRFS definitely lives up to the Tom Clancy brand of gameplay in this regard. The single player experience is okay, but again, play the campaign with 3 friends and you'll have a much better experience.

Moving on to MP. This is the area that will leave some people disappointed or frustrated. If you enjoy the competitive multiplayer experience of Gears of War, you will have no issues adjusting to this. Some people hate the 3rd Person style of gameplay so this game will probably have you going back to BF3 or MW3. I however, enjoy both. BF3 is a game that is all about teamwork. GRFS is even more team oriented and going lone wolf at the wrong time can really hurt you AND your team. What I love about this MP experience is that everything you do that benefits your team is GREATLY rewarded. To give you an example, I finished a MP match with 1 kill and 6 deaths, however, I finished the match with the highest score in the entire match. How? I captured objectives, defended my teammates when they were capturing objectives (big points for this). When an objective was captured, I stayed within the radius of the objective and offered defense until the time expired...a big bonus for that as well. I also provided intel by dropping sensors and revealing the location of the enemies and let my teammates take care of them. Everything you do that helps your team is rewarded significantly higher than simply focusing on kills. I finished with more points than a guy with 18 kills. This game encourages teamwork, coordination, and approaching every combat situation with caution. The gameplay is fast paced and intense, but it is all about finding cover, covering your teammates and watching their back as they try and capture objectives. The best is if you stun and enemy, you can hack into his intel, revealing the location of his teammates, then finish him off. If you like a game where you can free roam, do your own thing, get a bunch of kills and not have the stress of worrying about watching your teammates back, or give support and cover to your team, then you might not enjoy this game. This game is for people who enjoy the grind of working as a team. One weak link on the team (weak link being a person who is off doing his own thing and not communicating with his squad) will ruin the chances of your team winning. If you like strategy and tactics mixed with fast paced action, then this game is for you.

Now onto customization. I actually love what Ubisoft did with the gunsmith feature. Most shooters today only allow you to customize the exterior features of a weapon system (scopes, muzzles, grip attachments, laser sites, etc.) GRFS takes this to the next level by allowing you to customize the internal components as well. You can customize the gas system in the gun, the trigger, the type of stock, etc. Everything has a tradeoff and there really is no right or wrong way to configure. If you want more control, you can unlock a gas system that slows down the fire rate as a tradeoff for better accuracy. Some stocks increase your speed in handling the weapon and making the gun lighter. Other stocks are heavier, slow you down, but give you better control and accuracy. Every attachment has a benefit and what I love is that there is a visual graph which shows you how your loadout is affecting your weapon. Usually the tradeoffs are control vs. maneuverability or fire rate vs. accuracy. Or weapon power vs. ease of control, so there is great balance. Each class is leveled up separately and there are 50+ levels with each class. When you hit level 50 with a class, you unlock another character to use in that class with different loadouts. So there is a potential of over 150 ranks to achieve if you level each class to the max. Overall this is a great game to play with friends and if you enjoy tactical shooters and strong emphasis towards coordination and working as a team, then once you get the hang of this game, you will love it.
  9. May 23, 2012
    Ghost recon future soldier!!!!The name of the game dictates it's playing style.The HUD looks cool and the magnetic sensor mode,drone,warhound are brilliant pieces of tech.It is a far better game than the COD's & Battlefields of the world.Also the campaign is well paced and lasts a whole lot longer than Cod's standard 5 hrs SP.Guerilla mode is fun to play and should be played in 4 playerGhost recon future soldier!!!!The name of the game dictates it's playing style.The HUD looks cool and the magnetic sensor mode,drone,warhound are brilliant pieces of tech.It is a far better game than the COD's & Battlefields of the world.Also the campaign is well paced and lasts a whole lot longer than Cod's standard 5 hrs SP.Guerilla mode is fun to play and should be played in 4 player CO-OP.Competative multiplayer is not great,neither is it reckless fun,instead it is really cool to coordinate precision attacks over the headset.It actually rewards you for being stealthy.Overall not the best game in the market,but easily a shooter worth giving COD a run for it's money. Expand
  10. Jun 4, 2012
    Fantastic game. Campaign reminds me of the old SOCOM games (1,2, & 3): very tactical and serious. The multiplayer is addictive and tactical as well. If you want a tactical TPS, look no further.
  11. May 27, 2012
    Campaign - One of the best campaigns out there if you like shooters. It starts off with a bang and you can even play with 3 other players for the campaign which makes the experience even more enjoyable. The campaign is about a team of Ghost (special forces) with a mission to stop a coup in Russia that killed another team of Ghost and to protect others around the world. The Ghost have toCampaign - One of the best campaigns out there if you like shooters. It starts off with a bang and you can even play with 3 other players for the campaign which makes the experience even more enjoyable. The campaign is about a team of Ghost (special forces) with a mission to stop a coup in Russia that killed another team of Ghost and to protect others around the world. The Ghost have to get warheads out of the wrong hands before it creates a global catastrophe. Throughout the game, you'll learn more about the characters and things get really intense. The campaign is about 9-12 hours long depending if you're playing alone or with friends. It is very entertaining and I find myself getting very addicted to the campaign alone. During the campaign, you get to use special gadgets such as the drones and sensor grenades. You also have the ability to use the body cloaking, sync shots, and Gunsmith to customize your weapon completely to your liking. Some missions require tactics, while others just require you to be a good shooter. The campaign for this had me looking at shooting games differently and better. It's just so creative and it took the developers a lot of hard work. 100/100(A+)

Graphics - Subpar. The developers could have done better. Only the cutscene graphics bother me. They look worst than the actual gameplay graphics. You will notice the distortion in the cutscene which makes the game look like an unfinished product. The actual gameplay graphics are vibrant and I prefer these graphics over other third-person shooters such as Gears of War 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. The blood shows off the graphics especially if it's a headshot. I suggest you set the brightness to a good position in the game's settings because that will make a significant difference. 90/100(A-)

Gameplay - The gameplay offers a tactical experience. This game has the best gameplay I have ever experienced. The cover system is the best cover system you can find in a game. This is tied with Battlefield 3 for best hit detection in a military game. Stealth kills are always fun. Especially when your character says "go to hell" while slitting the bad guy's throat. When you crouch or go prone, your character automatically cloaks and it looks beautiful. You can do certain things such as rolling on the ground while you're prone to get a hit on your enemy as a surprise. You cannot customize the controls to your liking, but none of my friends have a problem with the controls. I have 4 friends with this game. The sound is amazing and everything sounds realistic. When you first pop in the game, it installs some audio content for a better audio experience. I was blasting my surround sound. Also, in Guerilla Mode (survival) you are able to use kill skreaks. That is fun as well. 100/100(A+)

Multiplayer - Teamwork oriented multiplayer. There are 4 gamemodes and they are all objective based. There is not flatout team deathmatch or free for all, even though I wish there was. The character choices are riflemen, engineers and scouts. All have their specialties and different weapons they use. I prefer riflemen the most because they can take the most damage to the torso. The highest level is level 50 and you get credits for playing. Those credits can be used towards gun attacthments and equipment. The multiplayer actually takes skill, but it is still balanced. I got the Signature Edition from GameStop so I got the MK14 as a bonus for my riflemen and it's an amazing gun. The multiplayer goes up to 16 players online and has 10 maps. 95/100(A+)

Playing Time/Content: The campaign is lengthy, multiplayer is fun. and Guerilla Mode is fun as well. I will be spending a lot of time with this game and so will 4 of my friends. 100/100(A+)

Overall Score: 97/100(A+)

+ Co-Op campaign with up to 4 players
    + Co-Op survival with up to 4 players (2 player split-screen available)
    + Cover system
    + Gunsmith
    + Lengthy campaign
    + Sound
    - No split-screen co-op
    - No non-objective based multiplayer game modes
    - Quality of cutscenes
  12. May 22, 2012
    Graphics are top-notch for a console; combat feels smooth, cover system works very fun. The impressive suite of features and atypical approach to third-person pew-pew gives it an edge over many me-too action games. Its maps are designed to make players work for their kills, which makes them feel like they've truly earned each one.
  13. May 22, 2012
    A really surprise for me.Better than CoD or Battlefield if you like tactic and playing coop. Best shooter of the year ? Graphics are cool. Music and sound too. gameplay is really brillant. I finished the campaign in 11 hours. (and i don't understand how we can finish the campaign in 3 hours... but why not ). difficulty is well tuned but play in elite if you want challenge.
  14. May 22, 2012
    Game is awesome once again!! Multiplayer is the best ever. Great graphics, gamrplay and replay value! Must buy.. This game is not for cod run and gun fans.
  15. May 22, 2012
    This game truly is a work of art. High detail, fun to play, decent campaign, and more. Reminds me of the old SOCOM games, and no doubt that those games were great.
  16. May 22, 2012
    Picked this up earlier today, been playing for a couple hours and absolutely love it. Great change from COD and the BF Games. Fun Multiplayer and Story, defiantly pick this one up
  17. May 22, 2012
    The best military shooter I played.
    A very long campaign mode and playable with 3 other guys, a very good guerilla mode, and a good adversarial mode.
    I'm strongly recommand it !!!
  18. May 23, 2012
    AWESOME Game. I have been waiting for the next Ghost Recon for over 4 years. Ubisoft has delivered once again. It's nice to play a shooter where you actually have to use your brains. The graphics are fantastic, the controls are excellent and the sound....amazing! I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet, but i am strongly looking forward to it. Good start to the year Ubi!
  19. May 23, 2012
    First off let me say I truly love this game for what it is, a game that has tried as hard as possible to stick to its roots while living in a society where there is so much pressure to make games like COD and Battlefield. You can't get made at UbiSoft for these minor changes to conform to what the majority of gamers buy. A company is not gonna spend millions of dollars to make a game thatFirst off let me say I truly love this game for what it is, a game that has tried as hard as possible to stick to its roots while living in a society where there is so much pressure to make games like COD and Battlefield. You can't get made at UbiSoft for these minor changes to conform to what the majority of gamers buy. A company is not gonna spend millions of dollars to make a game that isn't gonna sell in a market created by us the gamers which is willing to shell out billions to buy pop shot shooters like COD. This game is not perfect but in no way is it deserving of 4's and 0's. Don't listen to the reviews saying it's not tactical or it doesn't revolve on teamwork. This game highly rewards the team player. Oh and one final note Gunsmith is the finest weapons customization system made simply for the fact that you can instantly try you desired part on the range before you spend your hard earned points on them. Does this game deserve a 10 no but it's getting one from me to help curb the unfair average all the unrealistic gamers have given it. Expand
  20. May 24, 2012
    Simply put. It's the best of what military shooters have to offer. Tactical decisions are important but with the focus on intel they are manageable and not frustrating. It's extremely rewarding to think of a plan to tackle the situation and emerge victorious. Great single player campaign and even greater coop and adversarial multiplayer. Anyone that complains about this masterfully craftedSimply put. It's the best of what military shooters have to offer. Tactical decisions are important but with the focus on intel they are manageable and not frustrating. It's extremely rewarding to think of a plan to tackle the situation and emerge victorious. Great single player campaign and even greater coop and adversarial multiplayer. Anyone that complains about this masterfully crafted game is a CoD kid that knows no better than running and gunning. Expand
  21. May 24, 2012
    There are some parts of the game that could of used a bit more polish, but when you get into the co-op campaign, the fast arcade-like feel of guerrilla, and the extremely fun, extremely fun, I mean extremely fun multiplayer, the purchase is very worth it. Go buy it, enjoy it, I give it two thumbs up... and two toes too.
  22. May 25, 2012
    I love this game ! The control are the best controls in any shooter, the cover system is fantastic !
    The campaign is longer than most other games ( I made it in 15 hours ), the teammate AI is really outstanding.
    Add to this the guerilla and the very good multiplayer part, this is really the shooter of the year !
  23. May 26, 2012
    Best tps since a very long time. Graphics are awsome, maybe the engine is not top notch but the overall feeling is great. Lighting and sfx deserve a special award. Campaign is well paced, multiplayer is fun and more challenging (way more than any cod or bf) and guerilla is is a bonus but an amazing one. I didn't play the previous ghost recon but now I'm waiting for the next one. HopeBest tps since a very long time. Graphics are awsome, maybe the engine is not top notch but the overall feeling is great. Lighting and sfx deserve a special award. Campaign is well paced, multiplayer is fun and more challenging (way more than any cod or bf) and guerilla is is a bonus but an amazing one. I didn't play the previous ghost recon but now I'm waiting for the next one. Hope you'll enjoy this game as I do! Expand
  24. May 26, 2012
    Simply put this game fixes the problem with this generation of shooters. The ability for anyone to step up and play games. To be good at this games campaign just takes trail and error, however the meat of this game is the gorilla mode and the multiplayer.
  25. May 27, 2012
    The only tactical shooter you will ever need ghost recon proves that there are more to shooters than running and gunning or working alone the tactical team play is where ghost recon shines if you are a tactical player and you want a fun co-op game then ghost recon is the game for you!go on now pick it up
  26. May 27, 2012
    Huge scope + Nice break from the leading shooter + Incredible character control and animations + cool AI TM8 + pleasant multiplayer game = really good game!
  27. Jun 10, 2012
    This is a definite 10/10, the campaign blew me away and the multiplayer it's just pure fun, If you want a long and amazing campaign and a fun and tactical multiplayer this game is a must-buy and it is also a refreshing change from call of duty and battlefield, I think every gamer should try it
  28. Jul 17, 2012
    The gameplay is really smooth, the action is almost non-stop (talking about both single-player and multiplayer), and as most players should have realized by now, the multiplayer is not like Call of Duty but more similar to Battlefield where teamwork is crucial to winning. There are a few technical problems that does affect the players regarding the network service quality such as once in aThe gameplay is really smooth, the action is almost non-stop (talking about both single-player and multiplayer), and as most players should have realized by now, the multiplayer is not like Call of Duty but more similar to Battlefield where teamwork is crucial to winning. There are a few technical problems that does affect the players regarding the network service quality such as once in a while unstable servers, not being able to join games that already started with parties, long host-migration transitions, etc. However, these problems should be fixed by the time the new DLC Arctic Strike comes out and a large amounts of problems have to do with the user's own internet problems and faults Expand
  29. Mar 25, 2013
    The game is amazing. Campaign is pretty good with a few small flaws. It's challenging, stealthy, tactical, and has a absolute perfect split between pulse pounding action and stealth. It's co op, as well, making it a blast to coordinate with friends.

Multiplayer launched with the game almost still in beta. There were many glitches, bugs, and exploits when it launched. Luckily most of them had been patched. I think of the reason for this is Ubisoft didn't know truely how many people were going to be playing the multiplayer which also led to some lag issues and I assure you, they won't make the same mistake. Multiplayer overall is intensely fun, stressful, difficult, tactical, teamwork based, and stategic.Never have I been in a game that I cared so much about the objective that it made me want to throw a grenade at my feet to save it.

You WILL enjoy this game. Buy it. For the people that say this isn't Ghost Recon, this is a different part in the franchise. if this was supposed to relate to the previous GR it would say GRAW on it now wouldn't it? It has gone in a different direction than previous GR.. Luckily, It's the right direction. 10/10
  30. Aug 6, 2013
    Dudes this game is awesome i like it because of the tactic. It has not the best graphics but ok who cares? the game is fun. And to all noobs who dont read the controls, next time read them before saying it doesnt work or that its no realy aiming but just hip fire, well thats because u didnt read the controls it comes with the game. well ive glitches to like weird killcams (they shot in theDudes this game is awesome i like it because of the tactic. It has not the best graphics but ok who cares? the game is fun. And to all noobs who dont read the controls, next time read them before saying it doesnt work or that its no realy aiming but just hip fire, well thats because u didnt read the controls it comes with the game. well ive glitches to like weird killcams (they shot in the wal and then i died in my spawn) and teammates kills or flashes me because they are idiots. that is what ruining the game, it are the players not the game. btw there is a teamdeathmatch in the dlc. Btw they graphics from cod are also bad and i didnt like the campaign. It was almost the same. cod is every year the same anybody complaining, no Expand

1. Aug 3, 2012
    A tactical shooter with focus on stealth and teamwork. Buy it for the multiplayer modes and play with a team of friends, as the campaign is missing a large portion of the Ghost Recon-identity.
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    A surprisingly engaging campaign with a slew of co-op options, let down by okay graphics and inconsistent connectivity. Get some. [Aug 2012, p.66]
    So what did I think of my first Ghost Recon experience? Well, I think it did a lot of things well. Despite lacking any kind of coherent plot, Future Soldier's campaign had the hooks in me and I couldn't help but finish it off, despite having no interest in the pay-off. Chalk this up to a great combat system and some pretty satisfying stealth segments.