8.3

1. Mar 2, 2013
    Pick this game up for under $2 at Gamestop, it is well worth it. I wasn't expecting much but myself and several friends all decided to buy it. Terrorist mode is fun and it STILL has an online community.
  2. Jul 27, 2011
    The king of FPS! Where is rsv3? This games owns, single player is crap but online is still the best, beats all cod games to date and battlefield games. It's realistic in damage but is a lot of fun too. Maps are spot on also. I hate ghost recon but I hope ubisoft make another rsv without copying the dead FPS years we have been through. NO KILLSTREAKS NO PISSING ABOUT WITH RESETTING RANKS!The king of FPS! Where is rsv3? This games owns, single player is crap but online is still the best, beats all cod games to date and battlefield games. It's realistic in damage but is a lot of fun too. Maps are spot on also. I hate ghost recon but I hope ubisoft make another rsv without copying the dead FPS years we have been through. NO KILLSTREAKS NO PISSING ABOUT WITH RESETTING RANKS! just hardcore death matches! Expand
  3. May 11, 2011
    Rainbow 6 Vegas 1&2 are the best Swat team games ever made to date,in my opinion! They're not boring,have planty of action & tension,& yet is quite realistic at the same time.By that i mean the tactics you can employ & options available to you,Real life weapons & equipment,& can die quickly if your careless.The graphics are good,with some great detail,& its great that the game can beRainbow 6 Vegas 1&2 are the best Swat team games ever made to date,in my opinion! They're not boring,have planty of action & tension,& yet is quite realistic at the same time.By that i mean the tactics you can employ & options available to you,Real life weapons & equipment,& can die quickly if your careless.The graphics are good,with some great detail,& its great that the game can be played Co-Op online & off via Split-Screen,Though its a pity you dont get the cutscenes & storytelling when you play in Co-Op.Shame.. Which is the only reason this doesnt get a perfect 10. Collapse
  4. Aug 17, 2011
    It is a good game with its features but the gameplay is extremely hard when I started the game the check points where to scarce and the enemy's can take 3 bullets when you can only take one and there is about 20 enemy. If you like fps games and have money to spare you might as well get it but if you want a *{GREAT}* game for your money than this is not the game you want its not a greatIt is a good game with its features but the gameplay is extremely hard when I started the game the check points where to scarce and the enemy's can take 3 bullets when you can only take one and there is about 20 enemy. If you like fps games and have money to spare you might as well get it but if you want a *{GREAT}* game for your money than this is not the game you want its not a great game but it is good(and i see someone says that the only people who dislike are the ones that are bad at it that is not true. Me and my friend play games to 12:00 at night we play all different shooters and we are not horrible at them Expand
  5. Oct 24, 2011
    The single player is quite bad. There's almost no story. But online is where this shines as a tactical shooter. It's so much better multiplayer than RSV2, more fun to play as well. The only real issue is that there's only 1 gun people use: FAMAS 6x scope. But lots of good and fun games have outstanding weapons. In every way, it's gun on gun action. A good player can dominate a bad playerThe single player is quite bad. There's almost no story. But online is where this shines as a tactical shooter. It's so much better multiplayer than RSV2, more fun to play as well. The only real issue is that there's only 1 gun people use: FAMAS 6x scope. But lots of good and fun games have outstanding weapons. In every way, it's gun on gun action. A good player can dominate a bad player regardless of what gun they use. Another issue with this game is major lag at times online. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    This is in my top 5 favorite games ever list even now it still plays great sure the single player maybe a little weak but it beats the newer CoD games and battlefield games hands down and the multiplayer is amazing
  7. Dec 11, 2011
    I remember when tom clancy games were great. This game is awesome, a lot of fun in this game, best in the series in my opinion. The graphics, and plot were great and the first person to third person mechanics are amazing. The dev team did a great job on this one.
  8. Jun 25, 2013
    With absolutely perfect combat, an interesting story, an awesome assortment of guns, and arguably the best squad-command-based combat system of all time, "Rainbow Six Vegas" rightfully inserts itself into the Tom Clancy game empire.
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    Fun game to play, but short story line and limited in what you can do and where you can go.
    I only played offline, single player so I can't comment on the online or multiple player aspect.
    Good graphics and sound.
  10. Jun 22, 2013
    Great game, a lot options of tactic ,like in a real life ,but lacks graphic and you cant save when you want in singleplayer ONLINE 9/10
  11. Nov 17, 2013
    this was the first real shooter for 360. got many awards and also goty editiion. i had 360 and ps3 version. it was my favorite game out of all for the longest duration of years. now that i dont have a copy, im ready for a new copy and miss it. Logan keller was my favorite g.i. joe for hella long
  12. Jan 11, 2014
    The best first person modern military shooter this generation and for one reason only, the terrorist hunt multi-player game mode. With it's excellent AI and level design the terrorist hunt is still challenging even seven years after the game was released and best of all it could be enjoyed split-screen. This is a game me and my friends pick up to play every couple of months, it's a realThe best first person modern military shooter this generation and for one reason only, the terrorist hunt multi-player game mode. With it's excellent AI and level design the terrorist hunt is still challenging even seven years after the game was released and best of all it could be enjoyed split-screen. This is a game me and my friends pick up to play every couple of months, it's a real teamwork building experience (although, Dean, your crap. Sorry but you are dude). The game fails on the 10 for it's single player campaign, although quite enjoyable it didn't really have any memorable moments and it's more the gameplay and room layouts you want to master rather than being gripped by story. Overall a non stop giver of a game if you like to play with friends. Expand
  13. Sep 20, 2014
    This game currently has an 8.4 user score on Metacritic, which just goes to show that most Metacritic users have very low standards for games. Some users even gave this turd a 10, which makes me honestly wonder if we played the same game, because the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas I played was such a poorly designed mess that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Ironically, Microsoft gaveThis game currently has an 8.4 user score on Metacritic, which just goes to show that most Metacritic users have very low standards for games. Some users even gave this turd a 10, which makes me honestly wonder if we played the same game, because the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas I played was such a poorly designed mess that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Ironically, Microsoft gave this pile of canine fecal matter away to Xbox Live Gold members for free. It's like getting free AIDS. They only give away games that either a) everyone and their mother already has (Like Halo games), or b) nobody in their right mind **** wants (Fable 2). This game falls under the latter category.

Now, this game isn't even up to Ubisoft's seemingly non-existent standards. The game is AT LEAST as glitchy as most Ubisoft titles. There are various audio glitches. The textures can sometimes take forever to load in. I've seen enemies stick the muzzle of their gun through a wall, somehow see me with the muzzle of their weapon, and then shoot me. Through a wall. Quality.

As for graphics, I think it's safe to say this is the ugliest AAA game to use Unreal Engine 3. They somehow took a decent looking engine and made a game that looks like regurgitated **** chunks. If you look closely you'll see that the rappel rope on your team member's uniform is a FLAT TEXTURE of a rappel rope. Graphics don't really matter to me though, and I try not to factor graphics into my review scores no matter how ugly a game is.

The sound design for the game is actually alright, although a bit quirky. It lends itself nicely to the gameplay, as you'll be able to hear random terrorists chit-chatting just around the corner or on the other side of a wall, letting you know that you're about to enter a room full of terrorists. There's a bit of a flaw here too, however. Often times you won't be able to hear enemy gunfire if you're around a corner or they're out of view, despite being literally 5 feet away from you or less. Again, another nitpick. It's not Battlefield, but that's not what you should be expecting.

The animation system is one of the parts where this game actually shines. The attention to detail on the weapon reloading animations is superb. All weapons are animated not only in first person, but also third person. Everything from the loading of individual shotgun shells into the magazine tube to loading another box of ammo into your LMG is painstakingly animated and you can tell they put a lot of time and effort into it. You can even see the little details like the magazines being swapped out and thrown on the ground in third person. It's quite amazing and I commend the animators for doing it, and I wish more games had this attention to detail.

The AI in this game is probably the worst aspect. Your two AI squadmates are pretty much useless in the game's 'realistic' difficulty setting. You're going to start feeling like you're babysitting them very quickly, and probably fail missions countless times because of them. They stick themselves in front of your crosshairs constantly, block your way constantly, accidentally friendly fire you or their other squadmate (which is an instant fail by the way, even if they shot the other AI squadmate), and generally will make you want to pull your hair out. The terrorist AI, on the other hand, is absolutely lethal. You are the three stooges, whilst the terrorists are basically an army of T-800-esque killing machines. They will kill you by staring at you, and then shoot a couple of bullets where you were standing for good measure. No, I'm not joking, they will actually do this. They'll also stick their gun through a solid wall and shoot you as well. You will die. You will die a lot.

Moving on to the gameplay part of the review, which is the real meat of the review, there seems to be a bit of promise. There is some quality here, you can tell that they at least tried. The weapons themselves are pretty standard in terms of function and control. There are various types firearms to choose from, with a selection of attachments for each. There are different pieces of explosives and equipment as well, including a (useless) riot shield. The single player story is literally just a bunch of nonsense that you shouldn't even pay attention to because it makes no sense. The levels are extremely linear and scripted. There is no replayability here, and beating it on Realistic difficulty is more a test of patience than a test of actual skill. The worst part is that the developers, for some reason, forced a checkpoint shortage into the game. This must have been baby's first game development project for the level designers. You will retry certain areas over and over again until the stars align and you make it through, only to die in the next room full of enemies and have to start over again from the beginning because you didn't get a checkpoint. Adversarial is a joke. Co-op Terrorist Hunt is probably the most fun game mode.
  14. May 11, 2011

The sprawling levels like the glowing Fremont Street or the Hoover Dam open up Rainbow like it's never been before, and the result is a balanced shooter that is as much close-quarter combat as long-range head shots...The best first-person shooter on the Xbox 360.
  2. It's the game's multiplayer mode that will keep us playing Vegas for years to come. This isn't just the multiplayer game of the year, it may actually be the best multiplayer game in the whole Xbox 360 library.
  3. Due to the easy-to-use squad control, advanced A.I., gorgeous visuals, realistic physics, and intense action, Rainbow Six Vegas is easily the best in the series. While the game has been slightly simplified - and is not a massive next-gen leap forward - the result is a fantastic, intense experience that few others can rival. [Issue 18, p.62]