7.1

1. Feb 11, 2015
    A solid Tomb Raider title, but very one dimensional. The combat continues to be very one dimensional and a bit buggy at times. There are also some ridiculous repetitive areas, such as half an hour long motorcycle chases. The graphics and story are strictly average.
    What this title does best and what it has become known for are the puzzles. They are very challenging (at least on Hard which I played on) and entertaining. In a world of games that are pretty straight forward and easy these days, Tomb Raider actually challenges you and makes you think.
    Overall a fun experience, but quickly forgettable.
  2. Oct 2, 2014
    It's good fun and it has a strong puzzle element, but the (bad) controls hold back this game a great deal. There are some parts that are totally frustrating. Because it makes little to no sense. Altogether this game holds up, even after 8 years, but it is with many flaws.
  3. Jan 16, 2014
    Tomb Raider: Legend was my 2006 game of the year (pause for applause). After years of not being a player of the action/adventure genre, that Lara now belongs to along with Mr Drake, Batman and some scruffy Prince of Persia, I really enjoyed this game. I thought the gameplay was great (apart from camera issues, key to the genre) but I went back and played through the levels again trying toTomb Raider: Legend was my 2006 game of the year (pause for applause). After years of not being a player of the action/adventure genre, that Lara now belongs to along with Mr Drake, Batman and some scruffy Prince of Persia, I really enjoyed this game. I thought the gameplay was great (apart from camera issues, key to the genre) but I went back and played through the levels again trying to achieve gold medals, something I rarely do in games but I found the flowing movement and level design of a real high standard. The story really got me, to me she was after the ultimate artefact and that's what this character was all about. Overall I think this is the 360 must own outing of Lara Croft, the game misses out on a ten by being too short, although it was good design that I wanted to go back and play again the fact is I craved more of this game and other titles, that mastered the genre with this generations hardware, showed more could have been done. It was for me the most engaging game of 2006. Expand
  4. Apr 23, 2013
    Second best in the franchise in my opinion. Only beaten by anniversary. The main reason being because the game is to short. But this game is great from beginning to end. The graphics for an early Xbox 360 game are great. The control problems holding back earlier games is finally fixed with the crystal engine from crystal dynamics. The puzzles were fun to solve. And the platforming is wellSecond best in the franchise in my opinion. Only beaten by anniversary. The main reason being because the game is to short. But this game is great from beginning to end. The graphics for an early Xbox 360 game are great. The control problems holding back earlier games is finally fixed with the crystal engine from crystal dynamics. The puzzles were fun to solve. And the platforming is well done. Again i will say that anniversary is better. But that is only because of the games length. I recommend this game to anyone who loves platformers Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2013
    Bueno, divertido, historia interesante pero ante todo CORTO. Muy corto, tanto que en menos de un dia te lo puedes pasar. Otro punto flaco de este juego y para los amantes de la saga Tomb Raider es la perdida de la personalidad de Lara. En este juego se muestra una Lara mas real por asi decirlo, mas niña, mas delicada, alejandose por completo de la mujer madura sensual y sobretodo dura.Bueno, divertido, historia interesante pero ante todo CORTO. Muy corto, tanto que en menos de un dia te lo puedes pasar. Otro punto flaco de este juego y para los amantes de la saga Tomb Raider es la perdida de la personalidad de Lara. En este juego se muestra una Lara mas real por asi decirlo, mas niña, mas delicada, alejandose por completo de la mujer madura sensual y sobretodo dura. Supongo que fue una estrategia de adaptarse o desaparecer tomada por la compañia. Otra tonteria que no me gusto nada fue cambiar de la trenza característica de Lara Croft a el pelo mas que comun que lleva Lara en este juego. Puede parecer una tonteria pero para mi le resta puntos. También tiene sus puntos fuertes, para mi la movilidad de Lara es perfecta y el gancho magnetico encaja a la perfeccion, tanto que lo han mantenido en juegos posteriores. Asi como los bosses que esta bastante bien.

El juego es jugable pero no espereis un juegazo!
  6. Jun 28, 2012
    Back to the basics. Pretty visuals and easy controls. The gameplay feels smooth and fast paced. The story is mediocre. Tons of re-playability and unlockables. Enjoyable.
  7. Feb 19, 2012
    I just can't describe the epicness. It's unique, deep and the graphics are not THAT bad, considering it was made on the PS2. Some of the bosees are a pain in the ass though.
  8. Jan 9, 2012
    Tomb Raider: Legend é um excelente jogo.Porém peca em sua inteligência artificial que é falha ao extremo e aos próprios momentos de falha da própria Lara.O visual é ótimo para a época em que foi lançado.Tem uma história boa que vale a pena serTomb Raider: Legend é um excelente jogo.Porém peca em sua inteligência artificial que é falha ao extremo e aos próprios momentos de falha da própria Lara.O visual é ótimo para a época em que foi lançado.Tem uma história boa que vale a pena ser explorada pelo jogador. Expand
  9. Jun 9, 2011
    Don't listen to the negative reviewer haters, They probably haven't even played the game or hate the xbox for some reason. Tomb Raider Legend is a very good game.Classic exploration, puzzles and shooting. That's it. The graphics are good, ( some minor framerate issues that we can live with ), music good, gameplay very good. Overall is an enjoyable experience
  10. Aug 14, 2010
    The first worthy successor to the original game in the series. The story is engaging and in the same spirit as the original. The game has a good blend of exploration and action elements mingled with some rare but slightly annoying reaction time sequences. The pacing is excellent with some breathtaking scenery and a heroic soundtrack. Too bad shooting is the only way to resolve conflicts,The first worthy successor to the original game in the series. The story is engaging and in the same spirit as the original. The game has a good blend of exploration and action elements mingled with some rare but slightly annoying reaction time sequences. The pacing is excellent with some breathtaking scenery and a heroic soundtrack. Too bad shooting is the only way to resolve conflicts, but at the easiest setting this forced violence doesn't detract too much from the adventure. The original game had less violence and was a better experience overall. Expand
  11. DavidD
    Apr 26, 2009
    First, I want to say that I have not played a Tomb Raider game since the 3rd one way back when. With a recommendation from a friend, I played this not too long ago (March of 2009). I was so surprised how much fun this was!! I am very glad they got this franchise back on track. I know a lot of people might not have liked the different feeling from what made Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider, but I First, I want to say that I have not played a Tomb Raider game since the 3rd one way back when. With a recommendation from a friend, I played this not too long ago (March of 2009). I was so surprised how much fun this was!! I am very glad they got this franchise back on track. I know a lot of people might not have liked the different feeling from what made Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider, but I thought it was great. The smaller levels, the different worlds, were all a great treat! I also liked the fact that Lara had others to talk to. I liked her gear very much also. I think even though this was 3 years ago, the graphics were still pretty good. The music and sound were just awesome!! Some people have said that this was a 6 hour game. I totally disagree. If you run threw it in the time trials, sure it is very short but that is after the fact. If you go threw it and try and get everything you can and try and look at everything so you don't miss anything, it is about a 10 hour game. Anyway, I was very happy with it and I think it is a great comeback for the franchise. Now, Off to playing Underworld. Expand
  12. chad28
    Nov 30, 2007
    Overated, bad graphics blocky and untextered.
  13. StevieB.
    Jun 8, 2007
    The only thing letting this game down is the really crappy graphics, otherwise this is a very solid game. the puzzles aren't very challenging compared to last games, okay story but the developers could of tried much harder.
  14. ZackL.
    Nov 9, 2006
    Good action game. graphics aren't bad and the gameplay delivers. Unfortunately the story and camera work are quite deplorable. In addition, the level design is weak and straight forward. But all in all, this still remains a solid action title. For anyone who owns a 360, I also recommend (if you haven't tried it yet) to buy Gears of War. You won't regret it :)
  15. Syc
    Nov 9, 2006
    A good action platformer that's far better than previous titles in the series but is over way too quickly (about 6 hours to the end) and provides little incentive to return. Perfect for a weekend rental.
  16. JG
    Jun 2, 2006
    Not a bad game, the story is ok, the graphics are good, I would definently rent it before buying it because once u beat it theres nothing else.
  17. Daz
    May 21, 2006
    Is the last reviewer Bill Gates? If so why has he given it a 0? Tombraider is great. It's how i remembered the first tombraider to be before the series started to go downhill. There is a nice mixture of puzzles, acrobatics, and fighting. the presentation is good. All in all a return to form for Lara
  18. BillG.
    May 3, 2006
    I belive that a far better looking version of this game is on the PC at only £17.99 and isnt windows and XBOX360 owned by the same person. you guys have got to relise that £17.99 for the PC version and £39.99 for the 360 version just dont make sence. thats what this review is based on, oh and the PS2 version is £10 cheaper.
  19. DavidS.
    May 1, 2006
    This game had a lot of promise but failed to fully deliver. Lara's movement and agility were good, but paled in comparison to POP. I especially found the controls quite annoying when shooting. It was difficult to always lock on to the target I wanted to hit. The game plot was very patchy and this title has absolutely no replay value whatsoever! THIS IS NOT A BUY! Rent it from your This game had a lot of promise but failed to fully deliver. Lara's movement and agility were good, but paled in comparison to POP. I especially found the controls quite annoying when shooting. It was difficult to always lock on to the target I wanted to hit. The game plot was very patchy and this title has absolutely no replay value whatsoever! THIS IS NOT A BUY! Rent it from your local video store! It's a fun and somewhat engaging title that lasts for about 6 hours. Way too short to merit a purchase. Finally, I'll be completely honest and add that chix with guns just don't do it for me! Expand
  20. RickC.
    Apr 20, 2006
    Pure delight. Way to short, but if you are a fan of the previous TR releases, then you'll love this one. Already looking forward to the next TR release.
  21. ScottV.
    Apr 17, 2006
    It's a bit short, and on the 360 the graphics could have been better (although they are still better than the other platforms) but in the end this is simply a very fun game. Most of it is puzzle solving that you can do at your own pace, punctuated by brief bursts of combat or other faster activities. There is a lot of variety and the level design is top notch. As for length, even the It's a bit short, and on the 360 the graphics could have been better (although they are still better than the other platforms) but in the end this is simply a very fun game. Most of it is puzzle solving that you can do at your own pace, punctuated by brief bursts of combat or other faster activities. There is a lot of variety and the level design is top notch. As for length, even the 8-hour time quoted by the reviewers is not stopping to smell the roses and search for hidden treasures (which unlock costumes and achievement points), much less 5 or 6 as one reviewer threw out. I figure a good stab at playing through the game and finding most of the (optional) hidden stuff without a walkthrough would take at least 10-12 hours, and getting all the achievements by going through all the levels in hard mode and time trial mode would take a few more hours. So, unless you're really strapped for cash I wouldn't consider the length to be a reason to avoid this game, and there is very little else to complain about. Collapse
  22. MatChavez
    Apr 12, 2006
    So based on the demo alone - not fair, of course - I have to say it's not going to get $60 from me. The demo is worth downloading since it takes quite a while to get through. It's fun, once. The gunplay is silly. Her boobs are ginormous. She looks good and is fluid in motion. However, after the staring at the hot gymnast thing wears off, it's a mildly entertainingSo based on the demo alone - not fair, of course - I have to say it's not going to get $60 from me. The demo is worth downloading since it takes quite a while to get through. It's fun, once. The gunplay is silly. Her boobs are ginormous. She looks good and is fluid in motion. However, after the staring at the hot gymnast thing wears off, it's a mildly entertaining game, and a mild challenge that isn't riveting or nervewracking. It is fun... but after the demo, I am done with it. Expand
  23. TomW.
    Apr 9, 2006
    a well planed game .simple controls , i did lose the mental chllenenge or exploration in all levels of gameplay. last she sooooo bad looks so good.

1. It might not be the same sort of revitalization that "Resident Evil" got last year, but make no mistake, this is a very good game with plenty of thrills, twists, turns, and thanks to some great stages and tons of personality, Legend doesn't just bring TR back, it will make you forget everything about those old, dusty PlayStation games as well.
  2. If there is to be a sequel, and I join the rising chorus of voices demanding one, it is going to have to properly develop the core (design) gameplay that Tomb Raider: Legend gets back to.
  3. A brilliant game that no 360 gamer should ignore.