8.5

1. May 28, 2015
    This is the most action packed and most story driven action adventure survival game I have ever played. You as Lara Croft is supposed to rescue and save your friends who have been lost on this mysterious island (but there is more to the story than just that). The gameplay feels smooth and fun. And by the way, this game is very intense. Your character gets knocked all over the place, has aThis is the most action packed and most story driven action adventure survival game I have ever played. You as Lara Croft is supposed to rescue and save your friends who have been lost on this mysterious island (but there is more to the story than just that). The gameplay feels smooth and fun. And by the way, this game is very intense. Your character gets knocked all over the place, has a lot of close calls of falling from great heights and get abused by a lot of the enemy soldiers, she nearly gets raped by one of them. Its very interesting to see how much Lara Croft changes as you go on your wild adventure. This is a must-buy. Expand
  2. May 28, 2015
    10 out of 10. If there was ever a game deserving of a perfect score. This is it. It does everything right. Multiplayer, not so much. Single player, top-notch.
  3. May 23, 2015
    6.5/ 10
    6.5/ 10
    Gameplay 2.5/ 4 - combat is the only really responsive and enjoyable part of the gameplay; it's fun, can be challenging and offers good variety. The movement/ climbing/ jumping mechanics were a big disappointment; an extremely dumbed-down Assassin's Creed...almost impossible to miss a jump. Skill/ practice is irrelevant from the adventuring perspective. The entire skilltree was an obvious add-on and is meaningless....insultingly so.
    Story - 2/4 - not bad, not great. World is small and very linear. Puzzle sections are few, very, very brief and very simple. Largest single criticism of the game is that the devs knew that their audience was men, so even though you are "playing" Lara, she remains eye-candy....how immersed in a game can I be if there continues to be close-up shots of solely my chest when forced to continually slide into cracks....seriously guys, grow up; at least Witcher allows us to be pervs the way we normally are :)
    Visuals 1/2 - again, not bad, not great.
    Soundtrack 1/1 - well suited and enjoyable.
  4. May 17, 2015
    Great game, good story, cool combats. I like Lara in new perspective, this parkour and archer girl is bad-ass. Great decision if you are choosing between Watch Dogs and this.
  5. Apr 11, 2015
    Good game overall with no real bugs. Biggest complaint is the reliance on QTEs for just about everything including combat which takes any sort of skill out of the game. There are also many places in the game where you fail the QTE once and you die. This takes all the fun out of the game. Button mashing isn't a skill.

Final level is probably the worst of the entire game because of

Final level is probably the worst of the entire game because of poor camera angles and tricky jumps that are hard to line up because of it. It looks like the devs ran out of ideas so they started coming up with stupid stuff.

Not happy with achievements either. Several require sheer luck rather than any sort of skill.
  6. Mar 8, 2015
    A bit too much 'Action' and way too less riddles. This Game has also way too many "wanna-be-cinematic"-cutscenes and many, many ideas from 'Survival-Horror' Games, especially from "Dead Space" (by the way: I think it has more blood than "Dead Space"). Weapon-Upgrades; Open World, but not really Open World etc. And then there is additionally HP-Regeneration (worst Game-Feature ever.) TheA bit too much 'Action' and way too less riddles. This Game has also way too many "wanna-be-cinematic"-cutscenes and many, many ideas from 'Survival-Horror' Games, especially from "Dead Space" (by the way: I think it has more blood than "Dead Space"). Weapon-Upgrades; Open World, but not really Open World etc. And then there is additionally HP-Regeneration (worst Game-Feature ever.) The Game isn't bad, but it has the typical "Game-diseases" which have many Games in this decade. Oh and climbing reminds me a little bit of the "Prince of Persia"-Series... Expand
  7. Mar 6, 2015
    Best Tomb Raider to date. The reboot of this series is a stunning feat. I really had fun with the controls of Laura and the gun play. Rock solid I felt skill based. Gave it a 9 because the ending was a little less than the build up to it was.
  8. Mar 5, 2015
    The game started out not that bad, but soon turned into a never ending stream of blood guts and gore with enemies that can seem to hit you when shooting except when you have nearly won the battle. the only reason that i didn't give this a zero is because the scenes are well done. by scenes i mean the movie like videos that constantly interrupt the game. Even on easy it is ridiculously hardThe game started out not that bad, but soon turned into a never ending stream of blood guts and gore with enemies that can seem to hit you when shooting except when you have nearly won the battle. the only reason that i didn't give this a zero is because the scenes are well done. by scenes i mean the movie like videos that constantly interrupt the game. Even on easy it is ridiculously hard to kill the enemies, who by the way never seem to run out of bullets, oh and when you reach certain areas of the game be prepared to fight enemies who are well shielded, not to mention the sudden jumps in tech and the "unwinnable" situations. But don't take my word for it, try submitting yourself to this horrific game. It is currently free if you have a gold membership. But be warned, there is no way out.

Side effects: fear, weird dreams, checking around the next corner, complete outrage that something like this was made, and wonder at the "good" reviews
  9. Feb 11, 2015
    I've played most of the previous Tomb Raider titles and this is a whole new experience. They've really taken this series to a whole new level. The previous games were pretty one dimensional and generally quite average. However, with this release you get the whole package of a well rounded experience. It was really thought out and expanded. Tomb Raider always fell short in the combat area,I've played most of the previous Tomb Raider titles and this is a whole new experience. They've really taken this series to a whole new level. The previous games were pretty one dimensional and generally quite average. However, with this release you get the whole package of a well rounded experience. It was really thought out and expanded. Tomb Raider always fell short in the combat area, but now it is excellent. The weapons are a blast to use and have some great options to upgrade. Character leveling is pretty basic, but a nice addition. Just like the old games there are puzzles, but they are a little more basic in this release, however still fun and challenging in a few sections. The game is open world and beautiful - a blast to explore.
    The graphics in this game are just excellent, beautiful and immersive cut scenes too. The story is pretty interesting, though a bit typical at times. However, where it really excelled was in character development. This young Lara Croft is fleshed out so well and you really become attached to her as you experience her growing and becoming stronger in the face of adversity. She continues to be extremely sexy without the blatant sexism of the previous titles.
    Overall, this was an extremely well done release. I look forward to what they do with the series moving forward.
  10. Jan 14, 2015
    Definitely one of my favorite games from the past few years. The story is kind of all over the place, but few games keep you engaged as much as this one. The graphics are also fantastic and the death sequences are brutal. My only complaint would be too many F-words, but at least they’re not as prevalent as games like Last of Us or Walking Dead. Definitely try Tomb Raider if you haven’tDefinitely one of my favorite games from the past few years. The story is kind of all over the place, but few games keep you engaged as much as this one. The graphics are also fantastic and the death sequences are brutal. My only complaint would be too many F-words, but at least they’re not as prevalent as games like Last of Us or Walking Dead. Definitely try Tomb Raider if you haven’t already. Expand
  11. Dec 22, 2014
    Bad things this game did:
    Not an open world like it could have been
    Horrible ending Forgettable story and characters Crafting (while good) you can't read what the hell you just did had to find tombs on your own. one location pretty much "I hate tombs" **** that line Good things: Story: all be it, not brilliant Combat was OK I suppose but it felt more like a cover shooter half
    Bad things this game did:
    Not an open world like it could have been
    Horrible ending
    Forgettable story and characters
    Crafting (while good) you can't read what the hell you just did
    had to find tombs on your own.
    one location pretty much
    "I hate tombs" **** that line

Good things:
    Story: all be it, not brilliant
    Combat was OK I suppose but it felt more like a cover shooter half the time.

biggest falt:
    NOT ****ING TOMB RAIDER!!!!!!
  12. Nov 12, 2014
    This is the Tomb Raider game they always needed to make. Amazing story, amazing characters (especially Lara), and amazing gameplay.

My only main criticism of the game is the tombs themselves. Tombs should have been incredibly expansive puzzle-fests. Instead, they're very short, single-puzzle distractions. Very disappointing. Some of the scripted events are lacking, but otherwise

Some of the scripted events are lacking, but otherwise the gameplay is phenomenal. Although, I do think it focuses too much on action and too little on puzzle solving. Hopefully they'll fix that in the sequel.

It was honestly a toss-up between an "8" and a "9", but ultimately I choose "9" because I didn't feel it's action-oriented gameplay should detract from the score, even though I think Tomb Raider should have more puzzle elements than action.
  13. Nov 4, 2014
    We all know Tomb Raider. It's an action adventure game, where you play as an overy sexualized British lady, and you shoot bad guys, and solve puzzles, and find relics; however, it's always been a bit cartoony. This reboot of Tomb Raider is real, and it's nitty, and it's gritty.

But is that a bad thing? It depends on what you want. For me I thought it was a good game, but with too much deviation. Here are my cons and pros:

CONS 1. There were not enough puzzling elements to the game. There were some, but they often didn't make sense, or weren't particularly enthralling. The puzzle/logic aspect to this game has been watered down a great deal in favor of action and adventure. 2. Combat, while improved in comparison to the other Tomb Raider games, is still lacking. It's hard to maneuver and turn when a million guys are attacking. You have to constantly switch back and forth between perspectives, and the dodge move Lara does isn't very good. Why does she crawl like a dog? It often moves you in the wrong direction. However, the combat isn't all bad. The auto cover is an excellent feature. And I also don't think they should scrap the idea of a combined system, where you view Lara in 3rd and 1st person modes. It's just that they need to make Lara more robust and able to dodge attacks better. Semi-assisted aiming would be good too. 3. I hate how the game automatically autosaves when you exit the campfire. What if I don't want to save it and I just want to experiment with my upgrades? 4. Tiny text. Why is the text so tiny? It's hard to see, especially when you consider the colors they chose to display information. 5. Lara is very sluggish in comparison to her former self. She's not as acrobatic and it feels more realistic...yeah, but it's not as fun. She can't leap and hop like she used to. Oh, sure, Lara is still a super human, but she needs to be more acrobatic, I feel. 6. Why does she scurry around like a dog? Why can't she just duck and skulk like a normal person (in a video game)? 7. It was very hard to see in some points of the game. The environments were too busy. It was way too dark. There was wind, and snow, and rain blowing in your face. You didn't know where to go. It made the game kind of annoying to play. There weren't huge issues with camera, but clarity was a problem. 8. Graphics are beautiful, yet somehow lacking. A lot of the environment looked dark and stiff. There was no sense of wonderement. You felt like you were always in a prison of some sort. 9. Voice acting. It's not that anyone did a bad job at voice acting, but I feel like the other Laras in Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld had better, more lively voices. 10. Button mashing! I hated it. It was so annoying to have to mash button X to open or do something. A couple times should do it. Having to press X rapidly 15 or 20 times is irritating. At most it should be 5 times. 11. So, you're in this huge rather lush world, but it's easy to get lost, and lose sight of your objectives. The "instincts" button while helpful didn't always hit the mark. In another Tomb Raider game I played she gave verbal clues, which was great, and in my opinion should be implemented into the next game in addition to the instincts tool. This would give further clarity as to what you have to do and where to go. 12. The story was so so. Nothing compelling or really emotional. I thought it lacked heart, and some of what happened was just ridiculous, and made no sense. It lacked consistency. 13. Game errors. There was a point in the game where my game just completely froze for no reason. I understand why this happens, but it should not be a thing.

PROS (There are more pros than there are cons in this game, but I'm only listing what stuck out.) 1. I like how the remodeled Lara to make her more realistic. Her boobs, while still quite large, are not as ridiculous as they once were. And she looks more like an explorer rather than a stripper. 2. I really like the open world, how you can explore, and move around. Makes you feel like you're there. The environments are large and spacious. While I noted they weren't perfect it is much an improvement over the previous games. The graphics at times can be very, very beautiful. 3. Pumping up the action was a great idea. It really pushed you along in the game. Made you feel excited. 4. Other than my comments on the puzzling elements, the style of gameplay was mixed together quite well. It was not completely linear. There were parts of the game where you only had to run and slide, or push the button at the right moments, and was used in the right amount. 5. The weapons upgrades were good fun. It gave an RPG feel to the game. ... In conclusion: Good game. Can be a bit frustrating, but worth checking out. Especially if you're a Tomb Raider fan. If you're not you still might like this.
  14. Sep 2, 2014
    Tomb Raider (2013) starts interestingly, it has a good story and we get CGI cutscenes. But the more it progressed i came less to like this game: lack of tombs , traps, animal fights, things what makes a great adventure that relaxing atmosphere in the past Tomb raider games ..oh! and the memorable music. The game has very nice graphics. When Lara isn't shooting human enemies it's quite niceTomb Raider (2013) starts interestingly, it has a good story and we get CGI cutscenes. But the more it progressed i came less to like this game: lack of tombs , traps, animal fights, things what makes a great adventure that relaxing atmosphere in the past Tomb raider games ..oh! and the memorable music. The game has very nice graphics. When Lara isn't shooting human enemies it's quite nice to play but there are many big action sequences and fighting against enemies, the game invests too heavily on action, which Isn't my liking. I get the feeling I've seen this many times before Expand
  15. Aug 11, 2014
    Tomb Raider has a very interesting plot with really good graphics for xbox 360. The voice actings are pretty good, and even though I don't like stealthing as much, but the stealth in tomb raider was really interesting. Awesome game, and I would recommend it to probably anybody.
  16. Aug 11, 2014
    What happened to Tomb Raider? It simply turned into a game like Uncharted, but that's okay. There is nothing to worry about. This one is good too, wonderful, refreshing, and full of adventures too. The graphics are amazing. The new Tomb Raider is very entertaining and no less important than the previous ones.
  17. Jun 25, 2014
    Overall is an amazing game and maybe my second favorite Tomb Raider game, what I didn't like a lot about this game it's the stage changes, some feel the same and Tomb Raider games usually have many stage changes, because usually they take you to different parts of the world, even when this is in one island, it's pretty good.

The controls are great and fun, I enjoyed the gameplay a lot.

The controls are great and fun, I enjoyed the gameplay a lot. The story is good enough but maybe the final part feels rushed, there's no face to face fight with Himiko and Mathias' button fight is dumb and too easy, it needed something better with those two.

Visually is good, I like what they did to Lara's design and her character's emotions, she feels more vulnerable at first and you can feel how the character grows up while you continue playing. I recommend it a lot.
  18. Jun 9, 2014
    Very entertaining game. Great graphics, story, dialog and suspense. Checkpoints are generous. Menus are easy to navigate and on-the-fly fighting and crashing is well crafted. Easy to navigate to your next objective thanks to some in game tools. There is significantly more violence in this game and ranks up there with the bloodiest of them which might be a turn-off to some classic players.Very entertaining game. Great graphics, story, dialog and suspense. Checkpoints are generous. Menus are easy to navigate and on-the-fly fighting and crashing is well crafted. Easy to navigate to your next objective thanks to some in game tools. There is significantly more violence in this game and ranks up there with the bloodiest of them which might be a turn-off to some classic players. Laura takes a major beating in this one, but remains humble and focused, which elicits plenty of empathy and support. Lots of extras for those side quest hunters. Overall highly recommended. Expand
  19. May 27, 2014
    Beautiful game. Lara's a totally new character, we can feel more her, see her and her emotions. Her first kill and her first adventure in Yamatai to kill that **** of Himiko haha.
    Anyway, Tomb Raider give us a whole new experience, a journey with a new Lara. A more human Lara, a more characterized Lara, a totally new Lara.
  20. May 17, 2014
    I still dont know if it's worth an 8 or 9.
    really good game, immersive with crazy storyline.
    you really get into it. you feel lara's emotions. Nothing seems fake. it's detailed and beautiful. lots of variety. even some puzzles gameplay's amazing only negative point is concerning the bow. It really feels great when executed as it's supposed to but... when you've spent all your gun
    I still dont know if it's worth an 8 or 9.
    really good game, immersive with crazy storyline.
    you really get into it. you feel lara's emotions.
    Nothing seems fake. it's detailed and beautiful.
    lots of variety. even some puzzles
    gameplay's amazing

only negative point is concerning the bow. It really feels great when executed as it's supposed to but... when you've spent all your gun ammos and start to shoot with the bow without streching it at all like it would be a pistol and that it actually shoot and hits target.. hum (almost sorry to say that but it,s true)

buy it
  21. Apr 7, 2014
    This game is so great that a year after playing it a second time I had to write a review.

Tomb Raider is a series I loved on my ps2, and as the series continued I became disapointed. The series needed a reboot, and Crystal Dynamics hit it out of the park. The series reboot is a joy to play, and left me excited for the future of the series again. The island and detail in the visuals

The island and detail in the visuals is a joy to behold. It is rare for me to really enjoy visuals to the extent that I would take my time taking in the island, and surrounding nature to explore. Exploration is a blast, and the only complaint I would have is it needed more of it. Finding artifacts and exploration is so fun, and done well I wanted more of it. The tombs were a highlight, and something done so well I wanted more. This may sound like a negative and it may be slightly, but it is more telling how well it is done.

The mechanics and controls is masterfully done. Climbing and shooting is pure joy, and done very well. The game allows for sneaking, or hunting depending on how you want to approach areas. The graphics, as mentioned, are fantastic. It is mature in content, especially if you end of dieing. I rather enjoyed the grittiness of the content, and is something I wanted to see from Tomb Raider since the beginning. The sound and island life is done well, and hunting is fun to do, but lacks depth. This is something that could be fleshed out more in the future, and expand on the need to hunt to survive.

The game is a blast and is a title I believe you shouldn't miss.

Fun Factor 9/10
    Control: 10/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Note: Multiplayer is added and a nice feature, but it may not hold your attention beyond a dozen times.
  22. Mar 30, 2014
    It really wasn't that good. At the beginning you walk a bit, wolves attack, walk a bit, wolves attack, its very tedious. It doesn't get better. It is a short game that doesn't give a great experience. The shooting is good but it doesn't deserve the praise its gotten.
  23. Mar 21, 2014
    This game is amazing I never liked the tomb raider games until this came out the clunky sloppy third person platforming IS NO MORE its smooth and feels great sometimes there is questionable landings but in my opinion I'd rather have that than have to start all over again because of a hyper sensitive platforming system.The gameplay is great also I really liked the upgrading system findThis game is amazing I never liked the tomb raider games until this came out the clunky sloppy third person platforming IS NO MORE its smooth and feels great sometimes there is questionable landings but in my opinion I'd rather have that than have to start all over again because of a hyper sensitive platforming system.The gameplay is great also I really liked the upgrading system find salvage which is the equivalent of money and use it to upgrade your weapons which are very reasonable upgrades such as quicker reload time or incendiary shotgun shells to name a few also another thing I liked was finding weapons part to reach the next level weapon for example upgrading a makeshift bow to a actual long bow and the story for this game let me tell you was amazing I'm not gonna post any spoilers but if you haven't gotten this game get it you won't regret it and a word of advice look all over the place for hidden items and raid the tombs it I'd worth while Expand
  24. Mar 7, 2014
    As much as I love Tomb Raider, I'm afraid I won't be purchasing the newest release. For some reason, the makers have gone far, far away from what the game started out to be and have made it an 18, adding excessive violence and bad language. What's the point of that? This used to be a game I could play with my kids, with the suspense factor being paramount, particularly in the first game.As much as I love Tomb Raider, I'm afraid I won't be purchasing the newest release. For some reason, the makers have gone far, far away from what the game started out to be and have made it an 18, adding excessive violence and bad language. What's the point of that? This used to be a game I could play with my kids, with the suspense factor being paramount, particularly in the first game. Now they've turned it into a completely different format and just used the Tomb Raider name to create a survival game that has nothing to do with the original Tomb Raider.

I'm very upset! :(
  25. Mar 2, 2014
    Lara Croft is Born.

Pros: Amazing graphics. Semi open world. Great level design. Atmospheric. Great protagonist with the nice English accent. Triple A voice acting. Action packed. About 10 to 16 hrs. Cons: Story is ridiculous. Lara's friends are bland. Side tombs are uninspired. Exploring island is too scripted. Lara is like a god surviving all that chaos, she's not
    Lara Croft is Born.

Pros:
    Amazing graphics.
    Semi open world.
    Great level design.
    Atmospheric.
    Great protagonist with the nice English accent.
    Triple A voice acting.
    Action packed.
    About 10 to 16 hrs.

Cons:
    Story is ridiculous.
    Lara's friends are bland.
    Side tombs are uninspired.
    Exploring island is too scripted.
    Lara is like a god surviving all that chaos, she's not superman, make it less set pieced.
  26. Feb 6, 2014
    This game was FANTASTIC. It was action packed, amazing visuals, perfect controls and a great combat system. It was an amazingly immersive environment and the game took me 15 hours plus (I did spend a bit of time wandering)

Definitely a top 5 XBOX 360 game since launch.
  27. Feb 3, 2014
    Adventure, action, history... Good game...................................................................................................................
  28. Jan 29, 2014
    tomb raider, the best way you can invest some money on a game, its beautiful, it has excelent gameplay controll, its full of art its awsome. you will not regret about buyin it
  29. Jan 25, 2014
    This is the first game I have not been able to put down in a long time! It is non stop action along with a great story. I put off getting this game for a while, cuz I have never been that big into the Tomb Raider games, but I am glad I gave it a chance! This is the first 10 I have ever given a game, it is a must have ! They have re done everything thing , I agree it is a mix of UnchartedThis is the first game I have not been able to put down in a long time! It is non stop action along with a great story. I put off getting this game for a while, cuz I have never been that big into the Tomb Raider games, but I am glad I gave it a chance! This is the first 10 I have ever given a game, it is a must have ! They have re done everything thing , I agree it is a mix of Uncharted and Far Cry 3 ..... Except better. If you like either of those games go get this! You will not regret it . I can't wait for the next one. Expand
  30. ERB
    Jan 22, 2014
    Outstanding graphics,Beautiful world,and fun game play and interesting story Tomb Raider has to be one of the best video games of this year.This is a must buy game for you gamers.

1. Apr 5, 2013
    The new Tomb Raider is not as revolutionary as the original from 1996 but this reboot is the most mature, interesting and friendly entry to the series. For me it is Uncharted on steroids, a game that’s better in every aspect than Nathan Drake’s adventures. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.52]
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a fine game, but something essential feels like it has been left out. Lara seems to have found the map, but missed the treasure.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    Tomb Raider is the second best Uncharted game behind Uncharted 2. While it gives up a lot of its adventure identity fans have come to know and love, the end result is still a fantastic game that shouldn’t be missed by any action fan. If Crystal Dynamics can inject more adventure elements into a potential sequel, it would be a pretty interesting proposition indeed.