8.5

1. Mar 6, 2013
    I honestly don't know what I'd change about this game. The location is gorgeous, and wholly believable. definitely gives even far cry 3 a run for its money. The new Lara, who has some of the most believable motion capture I've ever seen in a game, gives an impressive amount emotional range and detail. may be the best game performance ever, i can't remember one more intense. Now, mind you, I love the Uncharted series, but especially when it comes to combat, namely gunplay, this game ANNIHILATES it. This is partially because of the new cover mechanic, and partially because an M rating gives developers more freedom to accurately depict violence. The puzzles are great, as long as you ignore the giveaway hint system, and figure them out on your own. The pacing has adrenaline at a constant high, and have a surprising amount of variation. Story is great, as long as your not easily turned off by a slightly cheesy supporting character or two. All in all, this is the first adventure game that has truly felt like an adventure worth taking. This game game certainly holds the adventure game throne, at least until The Last of Us comes out. Expand
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    I rate games based on how much fun I have while playing, Tomb Raider is loads of fun. Laura Croft maneuvers threw different terrain fluently. Her animations are top notch, similar to Drake's in Uncharted. I found the mechanics for upgrading your character unique and well designed, it didn't take away from the game play experience. I hated Assassins Creeds approach to shops and upgrades it was boring and ill designed. Tomb Raider only lacks in one area, audio. The sound quality is poor on my high end surround sound head phones. Note on television speakers the audio issues aren't noticeable. All in all this game is great, pulse pounding cut scenes and surprise attacks from enemies gets your blood pressure going. Expand
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    Tomb Raider is back and better than ever. What's awesome is that, despite being a reboot, the classic aspects of Tomb Raider that we all know and love is still very much present in this game. There is still a huge emphasis on puzzles, platforming, and exploration. Combat, this time around, is much more prevalent which isn't necessarily a bad thing; it works well, and is seamless. The cover system itself is innovative, eliminating the chunkiness of taking cover that plagues most third person shooters. Instead, Lara blends with environments with ease. The new Lara is a huge improvement over the past iterations. The story is also stronger than the past games which gives us incentive to care about the characters. All in all, an amazing game. It's no wonder that, after 9 games, Lara is considered an icon. She is a legend. Enough said. Expand
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    I have played this game for 2 days straight and I'm still at 50 completion and its been wonders playing it. This game re borned the tomb raider series for the better and I'm glad I purchased this. Now the single player is amazing and easily worth 60 by itself but the developers also added multiplayer and I got to say coming from COD this is so much fun for me because it mixes pakour and claiming and all sorts of thing that make it fun but it does have some connectivities issues but its pretty rare. Bottom line is you won't regret this purchase. Expand
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    Got this game for free with my graphics card. Came in with no expectations, but was I ever wrong!

Graphics are phenomenal; music and ambient sound is spooky and keeps you on edge; combat is straightforward and fun; storyline is awesome and entirely believable; character development is fantastic the list goes on and on.

The only detrimental aspects of the game are the quick time
    events and the GUI. I understand the QTEs make you focus on imporant parts of the storyline or keep you on the edge of your seat, but they get tiresome and really require no skill other than waiting to press a certain button at a specific moment.

The GUI in upgrading weapons/skills could have been designed better. After about 30 seconds of switching through it, I quickly got a headache from all the jostling around on the screen.

Nevertheless, I was truly blown away by this game. Coming from a fan of the original Tomb Raiders from the 90's, this is a breath of fresh air into what was stagnated game franchise. While it is not perfect (but truly, what games are?) it is still one of the best games of 2013. If you are on the fence about getting this game, wait no longer. Go and purchase it immediately. It will not disappoint.
  6. Mar 7, 2013
    One of the best game I´ve played this year. It´s Awesome and you won´t regret buyng it. It´s not fair the comparison with Uncharted. Each game have it´s own issues. I`ve spent more than two days to reach only 50%. M
  7. Mar 6, 2013
    The Game is awesome! next gen is here! the story is not very interesting but its Ok. the game-play are amazing. enemies are interesting, everything in this game are amazing! Must Buy
  8. Mar 6, 2013
    Un juego excelente, el modelado de Lara es impresionante, los escenarios muy bien diseñados y en ciertos momentos genera mucha tensión, la pena es que está todo demasiado guiado y no deja nada de libertad.
  9. Mar 6, 2013
    This truly Is a Tomb Raider game, sure it has more combat than the classic Tomb Raider's but that's just based on the fact gaming trends have changed. The Graphics are amazing! The Story is a little bit predictable but still good enough and Lara is actually believable and more likable now! 100% game of the year! must play!
  10. Mar 7, 2013
    A fantastic reboot for the Tomb Raider series. The game truly makes Lara Croft a relatable character in the modern video game audience. From start to finish this is an origin story you do not want to miss. A few minor criticisms but these never detract from the game and more so to do with there wasn't enough of them ...

+ Engaging and intriguing storyline
    + Fantastic Pacing and mix of
    gamely
    + Amazing graphics and atmospheric environments (literally the best looking game I have seen on my console)
    + Dynamic combat and XP system

- Would have liked to see more puzzles harder puzzles Multiplayer is standard. Would have been nice to see something unique here maybe a cool co-op etc

Still these never take away from the true masterpiece that is Tomb Raider. For action adventure fans this is a must buy. For anyone who plays games at all MUST BUY.
  11. Mar 8, 2013
    This game is amazing! I have over 80 games for my xbox and this is one of the best. The game has beautiful graphics along with outstanding physics. Many of the environments are so good that I found them to rival crysis at points. The skill system is a nice feature that allows you to customize Lara to your play style. For example you could go through the entire game only using a bow or an axe. The combat is fluid and the guns sound powerful like they should. The enemy AI is good but better on harder difficulties. Also for those who complain about it being to easy all you have to do is increase the difficulty. Story wise this game nails it again. The story is action packed and exciting. The story is structured very similar to the TV show Lost. Another point I'd like to make is that this is my first Tomb Raider game so I am not bias. Although this reboot has made me a fan and I hope Square Enix has more planned. FYI, if you are looking for a multiplayer game this is not it. The campaign is amazing but the multiplayer is lackluster. Also if you dont want to get this game because the protagonist is a woman... then good luck getting a girlfriend. Expand
  12. Mar 8, 2013
    The team who made this game was clearly inspired by the Uncharted series, but they took the all the action of that series and added a soul. This is a beautiful game, and I hope there's a lot more to come from this team.
  13. Mar 8, 2013
    Very much enjoying tomb raider. It fits nicely into the adventure action game niche; assassins creed type, but has its own unique identity, making it feel very fresh and new.

A very good reboot to a franchise I never much cared about, it's very cinematic but doesn't remove player control to make it work. Well worth the buy, I highly suggest it.
  14. Mar 9, 2013
    First let me start by saying I have been a huge tomb raider fan all the way back to its beginnings in 96 So I may be a little biased in my rating But never has a game had me on the edge of my seat for the entire campaign like this game has. I was very nervious that with this reboot tomb raider would lose its way and alienate it's core fans like myself After Playing this game I can truely say this game has not only stayed true to its roots but expanded upon them and for a die hard fan like me I could not be more happy I really hope this is the begging of many more games like this from this series. Go do yourself a favor and give this title a try I promise you will be amazed by the grafix story and gameplay Expand
  15. Mar 14, 2013
    The original TR games should be written off. Much in the same way as the original Batman films. This is a very, very good game. No hidden agenda here, i just like playing good games and have been for 30 years!
    Anyone who rates this less than 7 is working for the sun queen! Seriously, best game I have played for a while. Just wish the map was bigger, maybe open world, with more tombs to
    explore but I understand the limitations of the current generation consoles. Can not wait for the next one. Expand
  16. Mar 9, 2013
    Best game i've played in a long time. Looks great and really fun the set pieces are better than any cod has to offer, imo. Definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone...
  17. Mar 10, 2013
    There are very few games that I would consider worthy of a '10', but Tomb Raider is one of them.
    The main reason is that it fully accomplishes what it sets out to do in just about every respect. The gameplay, while not necessarily groundbreaking, innovates in all the right places-- from the flawless movement mechanics that encourage fluid exploration, to the solid 3rd-person combat
    mechanics that does away with traditional 'press a button to lock onto cover' system, to the almost invisible camera that seamlessly transitions from close up claustrophobic spaces to expansive vistas. The innovation here is subtle but the developers seem to have made all the right decisions.
    Along with the exploration that players have come to expect from traditional platformers, they've added RPG elements in the form of skill and weapon upgrades that not only add depth and meaning to exploration, but serve to support the narrative by making Lara Croft gradually become closer to the tough character she will ultimately grow into.
    The combat mechanics are tight and easy to pick up quickly, aided by careful level design that challenges the player while never being frustrating-- something that many games seem to forget to do properly.
    The auto-cover system makes the combat feel refreshingly different from games like Uncharted or Gears of War since the player is always able to fluidly move between cover without ever feeling stuck. The combat spaces tend to encourage vertical movement as well, rewarding players for well-timed jumps and dodges and making Lara seem that much cooler for developing her climbing skills. Also, the enemy AI was surprisingly smart-- playing the same combat scenario by 'restarting from last checkpoint' made me realize that there are so many ways to approach combat. Enemies do such a great job of adapting and reacting to your combat style that you can tell the designers spent a lot of effort to make each setup play many different ways.
    The environments are harsh and unforgiving yet hauntingly beautiful-- whether you're underground or atop a mountain cliff side, there just so much to look at that it never gets stale. This also really made me want to keep playing just to see what was next.
    While I didn't love all the characters (particularly some of the voice work on some lesser supporting characters), nothing stood out as jarringly bad and the story actually kept me interested to play to the end. It's helpful to note that finding journal entries and other artifacts really helps fill in the holes of the story. In other words, don't just skip everything and rush to the finish line-- it'll be worth the time to listen to backstory.
    Lastly, the audio is amazing. Not just the score, which is beautiful, but every little thing in the world makes just the right sound and it really immersed me in the experience.
    Lastly, give multiplayer a chance! I've only played a small amount but there's actually enough innovation there to make it feel unique and fun. Interesting game modes, unique weaponry, setting traps, and fun team-based gameplay are just a few things that will make me play some more for sure.
  18. Mar 10, 2013
    Tomb Raider set out to be an origin story, to reboot the franchise and it has completed that goal above and beyond. As every origin story should it provides in amazing detail the changes of Lara Croft through her adventures. Tomb Raider appeals to everyone, fans of adventure games, fans of Lara Croft and fans of video games. This reboot is a must buy.
  19. Mar 12, 2013
    I'm going to keep this short and sweet. This is the most enjoyable campaign experience I've had in a LONG time. And I've played all the top rated titles. I used to play the old games, and while they were good for their time they had their flaws. This is my favorite Tomb Raider by FAR. Great smooth game mechanics and handling. Very good graphics and story. Nice balance of fighting, exploring and puzzles. Honestly this is the first single player campaign in years I couldn't stop playing because it was so engrossing. Definitely go buy this game if you like to be immersed in a journey. It deserves a metacritic rating in the 90s for sure, Walking Dead got a 92 and it doesn't hold a candle to Tomb Raider. 10 out of 10! Expand
  20. Mar 10, 2013
    Best of the tomb raiders for me, first game in a long time to really get me rearing to come home from work and continue playing. The gameplay was top notch and the puzzles were good. The games length was perfect and has a continue mode for players that would like to go back to the tombs/areas they missed.
  21. Mar 10, 2013
    I just got 4000 Microsoft points from this site for free! :D freemspointsforever com This game really sucks dude. If you buy it you're a retardedededed.
  22. Mar 10, 2013
    One of the best video games of last years... everything is great except a few of parts for upgrade. Therefore in the end the only variant is to kill deer’s and hares. Somehow it not humanly
  23. Mar 10, 2013
    This is my first review on here but I've played a large number over the years and always refer here for real user reviews. Tomb raider is a fantastic game. The cut scenes are often so well done that sometimes you are not sure if you are controlling the character or if it is a short cut scene. The environments although dark at times are very fun and interesting to work your way through. I would compare the gameplay so much to my favorite franchise with the batman arkham series. The use of different weapons and tools opens the world up throughout the game so that you have many opportunities to continue to explore. The mechanics are great once you get used to them. The only problem I had was with the timing of when you are supposed to hit the counter buttons. Other than that it has the great first person qualities of the best games, some decent although pointless customizing of skills (you have to upgrade almost everything before you open up the final tier of skills), and exploring of a simple open work although it is not fully open.

The only real complaint that I have is that the intensity goes from very high to very low. The moving over ledges and cliffs is nice but did not seem to feel like I had to be very skilled to manage it. There is little by way of timing with different buttons. You have to try this game. From the start, you are thrown into a fun story!
  24. Mar 11, 2013
    Tomb raider reboot is outstandingly done. This game delivers intense cinematic feel which helps the immersion and compliments the experience. Encountered a graphics during the large combat scene but this does not take for the overall experience. If you still wonder about picking this game up. Take this suggestion. Its worth it. Thank you for your time.
  25. Mar 11, 2013
    Without question, this is the best entry in the series. It controls smoothly and the action is exciting and intense. Camille Luddington gives the most emotional performance as Lara Croft so far. I've ignored the Tomb Raider series since Chronicles but this brought me back into it and now I can't wait for Square Enix's continuation of the series. I hope it remains in their hands for a long time.

There are flaws, like the plot and especially the antagonists being fairly weak. However, I overlooked these issues in gratitude for finally getting a Tomb Raider game that didn't collapse due to horrible controls and muddy graphics that made solving puzzles nearly impossible.
  26. Mar 11, 2013
    The new Tomb Raider is amazing. I am not a big fan of third-person games in general. However, this game is incredibly fun to play and is very accessible if you're more of a first-person shooter type of player. The action and story are very engaging and you'll find it hard to put down once you've familiarized yourself with all that's possible. The learning curve is very short which means you'll platforming across massive environments for hard to find treasure and embedding your climbing axe into the skulls of those less fortunate very quickly. This game is very violent, and there is something strangely invigorating about dodging a melee attack and stabbing your enemies knee with an arrow, so you can lay the final blow to their head the cut scenes are fantastic. The mechanics are great, and I have no bad things to say about this game. If you've enjoyed any of the newest Batman games I highly recommend you pick this up. Potential Game of the Year. Expand
  27. Mar 11, 2013
    A masterpiece. It certainly beats my expectation over my extremely high expectation on games reboot. It is easily the best game of the year 2013. can't wait to have a second game from Crystal Dynamics.
  28. Mar 13, 2013
    Tomb raider is back and better than ever.
    Not only is the reboot more challenging than the old games, its more compelling, you will feel like Lara has evolved throughout her journey. You will see Not only the physical but the mental damage she goes through and how she pulls through and emerges as true tomb raider.
    -combat
    Not exactly innovative but unique bow abilities and finishing
    moves
    -story
    Amazing, feels like a really good movie, like something Stanley Kubrick would direct.
    -parkour
    Feels like uncharted, but with a bit more options thanks to Lara's ability to jump walls and her climbing axe
    -bad things
    While the ending is quite satisfying, the final mission can get tedious because you thrown off balance a lot while being shot at
    The final boss battle is easy, Just wait for him to attack, dodge, roll behind him and put a shotgun round in his back

I almost forgot the graphics
    The graphics are amazing, so much attention went into this game, to put it simply this game makes halo 4 look like pacman the graphics are that amazing.
  29. Mar 13, 2013
    I finally made a Metacritic account just to review this game. I am a big fan of mature, story-driven games with deep character development. Thus, I hold games like Bioshock or Witcher in a very high regard. That being said, this game is a gem. I have never been a fan of the Tomb Raider series mainly because the story for many of the games seemed overly fantastical and borderline absurd. Furthermore, previous Tomb Raider games featured an overly sexualized Lara Croft who was not very relatable or likeable. This game, however, is a much needed breath of fresh air and a wonderful reboot of the franchise.

First of all, the new Lara Croft is often vulnerable, but still strong and resilient. The way her personality and character developed throughout the story was just beautiful. As a player, one begins to care about the character as if she were a real person.

Second of all, there is an incredible amount of detail in all of the different environments. The forests, shanty towns, ship wrecks, caves, and tombs are littered with so much visual eye-candy that it really brings the player into the game. As a history buff, I absolutely loved finding the different artifacts and also found the optional tombs and the ancient ruins to be breathtaking. This game does not skimp on the visuals.

In summary, I definitely recommend this game to anyone who favors story, character development, and exploration over straight action. Although there are brief episodes of intense fighting, the focus of this game is really to tell a story that is filled with moments of mystery, awe, sadness, and grace.
  30. Mar 26, 2013
    I have to say honestly best game I have played in a long time. This game is a must try you would not be disappointed. Very similar to uncharted in mostly every way however i think tomb raider is much darker. Its that good that im after all the collectibles in game and going for the 1000g i honestly cannot put it down. Go on give it a try you know you want to....;)
  31. Mar 15, 2013
    This game is awesome. I've never played any old tomb raider's games, and I didn't plan to get this game when it first came out. However, after checking a 20 minutes youtube play-through video, I felt the urgency to get the game on my hand, and turned out totally worth the money and the time. After Mass effect 3, my interests in video game reached a low point, all video publishers treat us as cash-cows and release unfinished/unpolished product. Finally, tomb raider makes me want to play video game again. and I have tons of WTF- that's so awesome moments when playing this game. In a way, I love Lara more than brain-dead Shepherd in ME3, that's how good the character development in TR. The combat is solid and fun to play. I have zero trouble with QTE, when the ring is on waiting for the 'Y' to show up, then press 'Y', i am not sure how anyone can miss it and think it is too hard. The story, well, is so-well done, after I finished the game I felt 'OK, it is possible again for video game to tell a COMPLETE story in a satisfying way'. You can feel that the developers put so much love in this game. Expand
  32. Mar 23, 2013
    Most beautiful Lara ever created...thanks to camilla luddington for lending voice & character .Engaging Music...Camera view is apt..very good story line.. Story of How young lara with no skills and weapons becomes skilled survivor Tomb Raider is clearly depicted all together make game engaging involving interesting Fantastic Job and great effort by Square Enix Its worth the wait of 2 years since first awesome lively trailer

Best of Tomb Raider game ever till date..

10hr of engaging gameplay

Prince Of persia and TOmb Raider go hand in hand..if u miss the former,later can also be an alternative
  33. Mar 17, 2013
    I have played every Tomb Raider since the beginning and this reboot is by far the best ever. Letting the player experience Lara's origin and that fact that she's not perfect, finds herself in serious trouble and gets pretty badly beat up is in amazing experience. I winced and felt for Lara every time she got hit by an enemy, fell off a cliff and got impaled. The game mechanics are so immersive that I forget I am playing a video game. It's more like watching a compelling movie.

Bravo!
  34. Mar 17, 2013
    All I have to say is wow. Overall with the 11 hour Campaign, it was pretty awesome. Both Multiplayer and Campaign have very good Graphics, Interfaces, and Animations. I have to say, that this game is good how it does Free-Roam and Story Mode put together, Love it.
  35. Mar 17, 2013
    I honestly wasn't sure what I would think of this reboot of Lara, but I ended up really liking it. My biggest problem with it was the quick time events, at times it felt like there was to many. Mostly this comes from failing a number of them several times and having to repeat them cause I wasn't able to hit the correct button quickly enough leading to Lara's death, as I've never been great with qt events. I really like the over all story and the fact they stuck with Lara's history of dealing with mystical things. Combat felt good to me loved using the bow quickly became my go to weapon for most long range fights even after getting other weapons like the pistol, or rifle. Expand
  36. Mar 19, 2013
    I enjoyed every minute with this game. The story was great and the action was top notch. My only complaint is that the pace of the story wasn't consistent throughout. The last half of the game slowed down and there were very few big set pieces. Must buy!
  37. Mar 19, 2013
    This is what tomb raider needed in my opinion to stay competitive with the like of uncharted, the graphics are amazing the story is epic, square Enix have made Lara back to her best.
  38. Mar 20, 2013
    "TOMB RAIDER is an excellent reboot of a gaming icon that proudly celebrates the character that started the action genre to begin with. Lara Croft is a strong, believable & badass character that proves there’s room for the opposite gender in a genre overpopulated by male action heroes.

It’s a brutal game that showcases a young woman braving the elements to survive & become the character
    that fans worldwide have loved for years. It’s not only a fantastic action adventure game with beautiful environments, music & game design but a compelling character piece that proves that this is a series to watch out for.

TOMB RAIDER is a bloody good time, anyone looking for a great semi-open world adventure should definitely look into this. It’s amazing."

Read my full review: http://tmblr.co/ZOA6EyfkoZaI
  39. Mar 21, 2013
    Fan boys can say what they will that this is a horrible game that doesn't represent the old Tomb Raiders. Thing is, this is next gen. Game developers are moving on and working with the hardware they are given. Many developers are not doing a good job with bringing their old games forward.

This Tomb Raider was amazing. It's rare for me to actually play a game nowadays that I am
    completely satisfied with. I had no complaints. This was a good story/plot and was exciting all the way through. It was like watching a movie that I get to interact with.

Seeing Lara Croft more down to earth and real was enjoyable. For those saying this game is linear, you are incorrect. This was far from it. Every game with a story has to have certain paths you take and certain scripted events. If Tomb Raider is "Linear" then so is Skyrim. When you take on quests in Skyrim you have to follow certain paths just like Tomb Raider. When you are following paths you come across various dungeons and special activities. This applies to both Tomb Raider and Skyrim. Besides...what is wrong with a linear game? Ask yourself why are you playing a game? If you are looking for mindless wandering around with no goals then you are playing the wrong game. If you are looking for a game with a good story and exciting moving gameplay then here you go. "Sandbox" games with storylines usually have junk story lines. It's to hard to plug in a detailed quality story when you have no clue where the player is going to go next. I give this game a 10/10. There are no flaws. It beats out almost every game that I have played recently. For anyone that has not played this game, I encourage you to get it whether you played the old Tomb Raiders or not. It was truly an amazing journey.
  40. Mar 21, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played, and is a welcomed addition to the Tomb Raider franchise. It's a reboot of the original Tomb Raider series, and is leaps & bounds above the previous games.

It's like sticking your hand in the honey jar. You're definitely going to pull out some golden, sweet, goodness.
  41. Mar 24, 2013
    TombRaider is a fantastic reboot of the series, a dark twisted story, stunning graphics and smooth gameplay. Could do with more puzzles. 86/100

42. Mar 25, 2013
    When I was younger I never really got into the whole Tomb Raider thing, wasn't my cup of tea. But I have to say that this reboot is a cracking game. The first game for me in a long time where the disc has stayed in the Xbox until I have finished it I usually get bored after a couple of days of a game, even if it is very good, and play something else for a while. And I rarely complete games now days as I move on to other games and don't usually go back to them.

Some great scenery, good story, entertaining set pieces and, I found, decent variety throughout the game. I think they got things like the 'sensation' of firing the weapons spot-on, I found that very satisfying. I didn't quite get to grips with melee combat until later in the game as I found that a bit hit and miss possibly due to my fat fingers than any problems! Some of the QTE sections were a little bit off too. I actually don't mind them usually. but I found them a little bit unforgiving. Overall, I can't really find too many more faults with it. Like Hollywood has done a lot recently, this reboot has really freshened up a well-worn franchise, and I hope they are busy working on the next installment now as I will be eagerly anticipating it as long as it's more of the same!
  43. Apr 5, 2013
    There is no reason why someone may call this game a "bad game". So let's start with how the story develops you are Lara Croft an archaeologist that wanted to explore a dangerous island in order to uncover an old legend that supposedly is true, after a while you will notice how meanwhile you advance the story and it starts becoming more complex and starts revealing more secrets without becoming confusing at any point you will start notice how the character (Lara) itself becomes more aggressive and learn how to fight in a much more advanced way. When you start the story Lara is just... well an archeologist all alone in what appears to be a deserted island as she starts getting used to the surroundings of the island itself. The fist kill that Lara has to do it is shocking, not only is extremely violent but you will start to see how she starts changing, the first guy that she has to kill is never presented like "ok so you just killed this dude move on and kill more in order to get to the next mission" is an emotional impact as much as it is to the character as to the player. Every objective has a meaning and a ton of variety within you will be switching weapons constantly and not because the game tells you to but because everyone of them has his pros and cons and they are useful for different situations, you can upgrade your weapons so they're more powerful and better looking this combined with a beautiful climbing/platforming mechanic that feels just awesome. Even after i finished the game i just wanted to play it for a second time just to get more collectibles or to manage to upgrade all of my weapons just to feel as the most badass and feared warrior that there is in the island.
    Something that needs to be said is that the characters in this game are extremely charming at least 90% of them and again there is going to be a couple of deaths to "minor" characters in the game that will end up giving a huge emotional impact both on Lara and the other characters. In conclusion Tomb Raider 2013 is just a beautiful fun experience that no one should miss excellent graphics, stellar gameplay, interesting story make Tomb Raider 2013 the best game in the franchise so far, i hope that square enix keeps up with this franchise just to take on Lara on another mind blowing adventure. Oh and the game is extremely violent in different ways so is not a kids game to be honest.
  44. Mar 28, 2013
    This is how you reboot a game! It's an adventure game but it has action, stealth one very insteresting story and excellent gameplay mechanics. I highly recommend this one to everyone!
  45. Mar 31, 2013
    Game is awesome, but too expensive. I preffer to download game from web like from: http://xbox360-complex.com/tomb-raider-ntsc-upal-xbox360-complex-1-gb-links-no-limit/
  46. Apr 2, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation of console. Top graphics, animation, artificial inteligence, story and production in general. It´s a perfect reboot for this franchise.
  47. Apr 3, 2013
    Awesome game play, amazing characterization, epic upgrade system, wonderful and challenging exploration, and a good story. The best in the series, by far.
  48. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing Graphics, Great Story, Great game play.....Except for the level with all the smoke/fog that was pain..I cant see them but apparently they can see me...haha
    Defiantly worth the money
  49. Apr 19, 2013
    This is my first review so constructive criticism would be appreciated thanks. so with that out of the way I am loving this game. the story is that Lara and her crew shipwreck in the dragons triangle so they are looking for a way to escape. the cutscenes are amazing with one tiny little factor which sorta ruins them. quicktime events. I know in this day and age where quicktime events are everywhere this is expected but still. but other than that the cutscenes are great. Lara is given a personality and its a very believable personality. and gameplay is downright stupendous. there are four weapons to play with. you can run in to battle guns ablazing or be more precise with the bow. and there are amazing puzzles temples to explore each one is unique. and the graphics are beautiful. they wonderfully flesh out the surroundings and it is beautiful. i wish i could say the same for the music though but its just a bunch of generic songs that play for five seconds and i struggle to remember one. but overall this game is amazing. it is a must buy and while it does have a fewflaws they are extremely minor Collapse
  50. Apr 11, 2013
    Este es si duda uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado. Me ha enganchado desde el principio. Nada más terminarlo he vuelto a empezar a jugarlo, y eso que tengo un montón de juegos pendientes. Es de los pocos juegos que puedo recomendar con los ojos cerrados a cualquiera. No se si será el GOTY del año 2013 porque todavía es pronto, pero de momento, para mí lo es, por encima del Bioshock Infinite. Para mi tiene mucho más mérito porque tradicionalmente los juegos con protagonista femenina son menos valorados, cosa que a mi me da mucha rabia. Hay juegos como este, donde la protagonista no tiene por que tirar de fuerza bruta, sino de habilidad y destreza. ¿Por que no una mujer entonces? Expand
  51. Apr 27, 2013
    Tomb Raider is an amazing reboot of the franchise and I definitely enjoyed my experience playing this game. The game looks great from a graphical standpoint. Gameplay is solid. Lara Croft's character model is particularly detailed and I liked how she will react to the environment. For example, when you are near a wall or cliff side she will put her hand up against the object if you get too close or cover her face when you go near fire. It may be something that was overlooked by players but I thought it added to the player immersion. The story is fairly engaging, although the NPCs that Lara interacts with throughout the game are somewhat underdeveloped and lacking in any real depth that makes you care about them. Tomb Raider is also a very mature game, there are numerous parts in the game that truly highlight the intense struggle Lara Croft must go through to survive.

There are also numerous collectibles throughout the game that encourage you to explore the environment. Finding these collectibles also give you experience points and salvage which you can use to upgrade your skills and weapons. Upgrading skills allows Lara to climb walls faster, perform stronger melee kills and find more loot in throughout the world.

My only complaint, if I had to say something, would be the length of the game. I really would've liked to continue playing this game but I am hopeful that single player DLC may be released as I most certainly purchase it. Also, multiplayer is somewhat forgettable in comparison to other, more established, game franchise. I would've preferred the resources that were put into creating a multiplayer, be put into expanding the single player experience.
  52. Apr 15, 2013
    A survivor is born, that's the phrase of the game, and that's what you say when you finish the game. The Saga of Tomb Raider is back and stronger than ever.
  53. Apr 23, 2013
    Wow, this game owned my life for about 2 weeks. It would have been more if I hadn't 100%'d it. Some of my all time favorite games are Resident Evil 4, Batman AA, and Uncharted 2 (though the top spots go to Fallout 3 and Half-Life 2). Tomb Raider is basically a mash up of those 3 games. You have the dark mysteries environment with crazy people (RE4), the metroidvania exploration of Batman, and a very healthy dose of Uncharted storytelling and high impact, but controllable moments. I actually LOVED the combat in this game, it is a little loose, but hits that sweet spot of controlled chaos. Constantly upgrading weapons and equipment and lots of collectibles only fueled my addiction. Easily one of my favorite games of this generation, a culminations of a lot of the best game design that has evolved in the last 5 years. Play it! Expand
  54. Apr 24, 2013
    is an awesome shooter with frenetic action, story worthy of indiana jones, charismatic characters, beautiful graphics and lots of fun, no doubt, and a q cocorrente strong for best game of the year.
  55. Apr 24, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have played in years! Graphics are excellent. Many times I found myself stopping and just looking at the landscape. Game play is a blast. Aiming and shooting is very easy. Enemy AI is just right. My only complaint is that I wish the dlc was something other than mulitplayer.
  56. Apr 24, 2013
    At first glance I thought this new Tomb raider would be a uncharted clone. But the end result was completely different then what i was expecting. The story was exciting and slowly piece together as you really notes left behind by characters. Lara is the star character in the game because she becomes a innocents girl to a killer. Though this was pretty fast because one moment she grieving from killing a man but then killing other people like nothing. It might have more enjoyable if the developers made this process a bit slower. The game mechanics of this game are really good and the weapons each have their own unique purpose. The stealth works well with this game and silently killing off guards is a blast The game is not completely free roam but the game offers you a chance to re explored previous areas to look for parts. The addition of tombs make this game even more enjoyable as you figure ways to complete the puzzle. The graphics are really good and the environment and character models are top notch. The only problem i had with the game was the multiplier which could use more work. Overall, I enjoyed this game more then uncharted and couldn't stop playing. Expand
  57. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is so totally underrated that its almost a sin. I cant help but think that all the fuss about Bioshock Infinity stole attention from a lot of great games but mostly from Tomb Raider. Bioshock Infinity is a great game, no doubt. But its still just a shooter at its core and not that different from previous Bioshocks. Ok, Tomb Raider is not perfect either, but I think it deserves a lot more credit than it has been given. Sure, it has some same things going on as Uncharted did, but why is that so bad? Bioshock is doing basically the same thing in its own genre. Tomb Rider does thing the right way although it might not be so revolutionary.

I really enjoyed Tomb Raider and it has a lot of great stuff going on. The characters are great, the visuals are stunning and the level design is incredibly detailed. The game is more mature and not just boobs with guns. Finding stuff ingame felt really good and rewarding for some reason. I never give a rats butt about finding collectibles or achievements in games and I didnt collect everything, but I had to make sure at least all the optional tombs ware raided and most relics found. The gameplay and controls are fluid and the action is awesome. Some annoying QTE-parts could have been dropped but it doesnt spoil it. Man I just hope Tomb Raider sells well. Just want the developers to get the credit they deserve for making this great game. I´m really looking forward whats coming next from them. Tomb Raider is not the greatest game ever, but its really good. Make sure to try TR if it interests you even just a little bit.
  58. Apr 26, 2013
    Na minha opinião, um dos melhores jogos de 2013 jogabilidade, enredo e otimos graficos uma das melhores experiencias que tive no meu xbox 360.
    O jogo um belo rebot da serie.
  59. Apr 28, 2013
    If you like uncharted you will love this game, I watched the e3 demo a couple of years ago and my wife got me the game for easter and I just completed it. There is def a replay value to it as will and I fully intend to go back and play it again once I get caught up on all my games. I will say that there is only a few games I go back and replay and tomb raider is that good
  60. May 2, 2013
    This game is GREAT! For you of those saying pick up CoD and then saying TR is "unrealistic," i would say that is fairly hypocritical. For one, CoD (with the commando pro perk) allows you to jump off buildings, no matter how HIGH AND LIVE! Still seem realistic,not to mention that your guy gets Swiss cheesed with bullets and DOESN'T DIE! And if this game still seems unrealistic, keep in mind you're playing a VIDEO GAME! Would you like to have CoD more realistic? Take away zombies, all perks (with the exception of the ones having to do with ammo and 'nades) take away health regain and there you have it, realistic CoD! Not to mention that your guy can sprint and jump over things like he is carrying nothing!
    I'm not hating on CoD, trust me! I love CoD! I just hate it when people underrate a great game because of it being "unrealistic" and then saying "go pick up CoD" or some other unrealistic game.

Also, i do agree with whoever said they like "Far Cry 3," that game is also a great game with AI that actually can challenge you!
  61. May 11, 2013
    This game is absolutely awesome. The earlier titles of Tomb Raider were hard for me since I suck at jump puzzles. This game absolutely put those away. There were some inconsistencies with Lara being constantly hesitant of taking the shot at the big baddy and saving her friend. The truth is, in order to make the game longer the directors deliberately made this whole weird situation even worse. However as a whole, this is definetly the best game I've played this year. Expand
  62. May 12, 2013
    To put it simply, this game is amazing. In the latest instalment of the tomb raider franchise, you play as a younger Lara Croft. Without revealing too much of the storyline, the crew of the Endurance become stranded on a Japanese island. From the minute you land on the island, you realise the sheer beauty that the developers of this game have pulled off. The Island is covered in lush forest and mountains tower over you. In the first five minutes you experience some of the great quick-time event sequences that are scattered throughout the game.

The combat in the game is genuinely fun. The gunplay isn’t anywhere as good as say, Call of Duty but it is still enjoyable and it works. The greatest enjoyment you will get in the way of combat is the bow. It is insanely rewarding to use and there is nothing more satisfying than nailing a headshot on an enemy. You also have the option to go hunting. The bow, again, is the best choice for hunting, which is also a great addition to the game. You can hunt wolf, deer, boar, rabbit and many more animals, all giving you an XP reward once looted.

There is also the option to go exploring around each of the locations. Collecting salvage, relics, documents and GPS caches is a great addition. If you ever want a break from the constant, fast paced action you can use your survival instincts to hunt down these items. As well as the extra relics, documents etc. there are optional tombs. Optional tombs are hidden tombs that involve puzzle solving to get through and reach the treasure. The treasure highlights all the relics, GPS caches and documents in the specific area on your map and gives you a large XP reward.

XP plays a big part in the game. Once you level up, a skill point is unlocked, which can be spent at a base camp. The skills are all useful and I never found one was wasted on something I didn’t need. Collecting salvage can be used to upgrade weapons. Anything with fire seemed to be extra useful, for example this could be used to shoot explosive barrels, taking out a group of enemies in a matter of seconds. At the base camps, you have the option to travel to previous areas, which is helpful when you are trying to collect everything.

Tomb Raider also has a multiplayer but it is nowhere near as good as the single player. There are four game modes, team death match, free for all, Cry for Help which is a domination like mode and rescue which involves you stealing health packs from dead enemies. Cry for help is fun to start with but, like the rest, gets boring after playing a few hours. In the few hours of multiplayer I played, I encountered lag, bugs and lots of overpowered bows. It was fun but it felt like an unnecessary addition to an almost flawless game.

Overall this game is excellent. I had to search hard for things that had gone wrong with this game. If only the developers had removed the multiplayer and instead, spent the time extending and perfecting the single player this game would have been exceptional.
  63. May 15, 2013
    This game takes the delicate, young Croft through a state of psychological brilliance and intrigue, paired against despair and unfounded hate. In executing a game almost a decade after the popular series was making its mark in the market, the developers not only put life in the busty adventurer, but made her relate-able (as much as possible when comparing your every-day gamer to a gritty, in your face revenge killer who searches for long lost treasures).

The game, most especially in the opening, is not completely littered with cut-scenes. However, they are common. Most notably, they are common without being destructive to any degree. They flawlessly wedge their way into the gameplay, incorporating even the semi-common slow motion action and button mash scenes that, yes, make no sense. However, the designer is keeping you enthralled.

By making the introduction interesting and keeping out repetitive wash and action, they don't overwhelm you with terrible cut scenes like most games, only to then destroy your senses through implementation of overplayed and overly familiar battle scenes. They acknowledge the fact that most battles in a single game will be dramatically representative of each other, but do so without making them drab or useless.

The story alone is worth 10 points. The beautiful graphics (playing on eyefinity, 3-monitors. its ok to be jelous), matched to the not entirely linear story only reinforces that rating. Puzzles make sense without being blatantly obvious. And a modern feel of experience for weapon upgrades and skill, resembling Croft's jump into the busty destruction we are all familiar with from her soft past, make for a modern game with a historic feel, all without giving you the handicap all games seem to be giving you.

Also, the lacking downloadable content remind me that this company is the last one to remind us that the cost of the game is about the story, playability, replayability, and enjoyment...Not about making extra bucks and changing their name to Blizzard Entertainment, all while holding ourselves in public because, hey, we are Blizzard and we don't care about you. Now pay us for this reskinning.

Lets just hope companies will follow in these footsteps and do the right thing. Make art that is enjoyable, accurate, and destructively fun.

As said, the execution is almost incredibly flawless. However, the one thing I can't get over is the fact that they gave her a "mountain axe" (its called an ice tool); enabling her to throw 1/8cm steel straight into rock and pull it out again without bringing any damage to the tool. This is just depressing since i have been ice climbing most my life and know exactly the limitations.

No, this shouldn't bother me. But I could expect this in an Indie game and not a game where, despite the legend they try to bring to life in Yamatai, the developers did their homework. All they needed to do was call Petzl (the company they obviously got the design from) and ask, "how do you use this?"
  64. May 17, 2013
    Pretty awesome if you want my opinion. I played the game for 11 hours straight. I rented it from a redbox so I definitely got my moneys worth. Anyway I have never been a big tomb raider fan but this game converted me. I was pleased.
  65. May 29, 2013
    I have never played any Tomb Raider game before. And I decided to give this game a go. And it was amazing. I love Lara's development from a timid, fragile girl becoming a bad ass killer, merciless, survivor. The story was great, well-written, maybe a little bit cheesy sometimes. However, her friends' character development are weak. I love the gameplay a lot. It is an amazing game, and probably one of the best games of 2013 Expand
  66. May 31, 2013
    I have been a fan since the original Tomb Raider on the Playstation One. This new installment really hit the mark. The story is great, the characters are very well developed. Lara Croft is back and better than ever. Tomb Raider needed a fresh new look and Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics really outdid themselves this time.
  67. Jun 1, 2013
    this game is great!, we finally get to see how lara becomes the adventurer she is today, the story is engaging, combat is excellent, platforms are also great, puzzles are good not too hard but not too easy, i really liked this game! awesome characters, great accion, voice acting is great too, if you have not bought this game yet i recommend that you should
  68. Dec 5, 2013
    Game was just plain excellent, Firstly to talk about the little things, your free running skills have been polished wonderfully and respond pretty much exactly as you intended the majority of the time, salvaging and upgrading weapons and skills is easy and fun but engaging enough for you to want to do it. Collectibles are manageable and don't just feel like a time waste to be completed after the game is over and the enemies attack with real intent and different strategies. The shooter and combat are well honed and the finishers and deaths are brutal but engaging all the while driven by an intense and riveting storyline made immersive through heart pumping quicktime events. I loved every moment of this game. (did not touch the multiplayer cannot comment) Expand
  69. Dec 31, 2013
    The leading female and one of the most recognisable video game characters is back! That's right Lara Croft! and man is she more bad ass then ever. After the series was heading for a land slide I'm glad crystal dynamics has pick it back up into its true glory. A total redesign of Lara's character structure and personality has influences a positive attitude towards gamers and made the game more believable and realistic. Tomb Raider is a true adventure filled with fun combat and graphical environments that are worth $80 just to look at. Apart from the cheesy characters and story this is a near perfect reboot to the franchise that was well in need of one. When the credits begun to roll, you will feel like your money was well spent and be filled with excitement to see what comes next. Expand
  70. Jun 9, 2013
    Okay enough with the Uncharted comparisons critics, sheesh. Tomb Raider is one of the finest platformers to come out in some time and it definitely stands on it's own. You take control of a young Lara Croft who get's stranded along with her ship mates on a (supposedly) deserted island. There is a legend surrounding the history of the island, and let's just say that the story throughout the game is very solid and keeps you guessing. When Lara starts out, she seems a little frail and apprehensive. However once you navigate a few caverns, collect some loot and hone your hunting skills, Lara quickly turns into the fierce killing tigress that she was always meant to be. Collecting and then upgrading weapons is fun and eventually you'll feel like a genuine bad-azz, dispatching the local thugs with ease and. Speaking of the thugs, they can seem slightly repetitive after a while, but I'm just glad Crystal Dynamics stretched the campaign out as long as they did. In a day and age where COD games routinely release with puny 4 hour campaigns, Tomb Raider is fairly lengthy.
    The console versions have great graphics, but the PC version with Tress FX enabled is truly a sight to behold. When this game ends you will be sad. It really sucks to see the ending to one of the best platformers in the genre, and Lara's tight little body will burn a place in your memory until the next Tombs need a Raidin'..
    P.S.
    Sorry if the last sentence in my review seems slightly pervy or whatever, it's my first review.
  71. Jun 18, 2013
    I have never played a tomb raider game. So i took a risk in buying this was it the right choice... YES YES YES!!! GAME PLAY is Really fun the weapon choice's are great. your first weapon is a bow then a pistol witch you can upgrade by getting scrap metal there are two other weapons to unlock but i will let you find those. Lara croft looks amazing even of console! BUT the multyplayer lacks a lot. thank you Expand
  72. Jun 20, 2013
    Excellent game and graphically brilliant.
    The story is good and you get quite attached to the new Lara and her struggle to survive. There's plenty of exploring and searching for collectibles and if done this way, you'll probably rack up 18 hours before you know it. I would like to have been able to start a new game with all the weapons I collected on completetion but no such luck, you can
    continue your original game to carry on finding items to get you 100% completion. Really enjoyed it. Expand
  73. Jun 23, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a really cool game where you play as an awesome and badass woman and she gets to kill all men on an island.

Great game. Ten out of Ten.
  74. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow.... So I just finished the game after putting off buying it for awhile as lets be honest some of the past few tomb raider games have been terrible. Well the bad streak is officially over. Tomb Raider is an extremely emotional adventure in how Lara Croft became who she is today. You can see her grow into her role throughout the game as she becomes more BA. The story itself is interesting however honestly the main plot will be easy to figure out in the first few hours of game play. However the game does an amazing job of just giving you enough information and making you want to find every little detail.

One of my favorite things is when you collect the relics you can inspect them further and about 1/3 of the items have additional info attached to them. Also you upgrade your weapons as the game progresses making spending the time to explore well rewarded. I haven't played a collect-em 90s style adventure game made this well in awhile.

So far, this is my 2013 game of the year over bioshock the last of us.
  75. Jul 17, 2013
    Lol. Check it out. There are 58 people who don't like amazing games. Weird... Anyway. Awesome game through and through. Like playing a movie! Will play through again.
  76. Jul 4, 2013
    Portato a termine anche il nuovissimo Tomb Raider l'ora di Dead Space 3 e DmC Devil May Cry, sempre su XBOX 360. La nuova avventura di Lara Croft senza dubbio un lavoro encomiabile da parte di Crystal Dynamics anche se ho notato che diverse piccole cose sono state riprese da Far Cry 3. Resta tuttavia un'ottimo gioco nel suo genere, capace di tenere coinvolto il giocatore nell'evolversi delle vicende seppur il tutto si muova con una certa linearità con ottime sequenze "cinematografiche". Il gameplay confrontabile a quanto visto con Uncharted, sviluppato ulteriormente da una maggiore fluidità dei movimenti e possibilità molteplici di interazione con oggetti dell'ambiente. Lo consiglio vivamente a chiunque e mi riservo di elogiarlo come uno dei migliori videogiochi usciti nel 2013! Expand
  77. Jul 15, 2013
    The most fun I had in a game for a while the environments look stunning and beautiful game play is some of the best I've seen in a third person shooter it is a must have.
  78. Jul 23, 2013
    I'm annoyed I didn't buy this game earlier. Everything about this game is top class and once you complete it you will feel like you have been through so much. Highly recommend!
  79. Jul 30, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, the story wasn't always focused but delivered clear character development. It was a great reboot and origin story as well as a standalone game.
  80. Oct 11, 2013
    I don't know if I've ever been more pleasantly surprised by a game. This game needs to be in the discussion for game of the year. It plays a lot like the uncharted series which are some of my favorite games. The graphics are amazing, the controls are fluid, and the atmosphere of the game is incredible. The game really makes you feel Lara's pain throughout. I can't say enough about this game.
  81. Aug 5, 2013
    It was fun, beautiful, challenging, and had a timely ending. I could not have asked for a better revamp of the Laura Croft series. It was fairly linear, but usually story games are. I would rather have a linear story over side quests. The beginning is hella scary and got my heart racing. At the end you are feeling like a boss, but not too OP. Oh, and some of the death scenes were a laugh, but understandably laughable. You'll see. Of course you're going to buy this game. Unless, you know, you're a chauvinist. Expand
  82. Aug 9, 2013
    I have previously played Tomb Raider games on PC but I didn't have much interest. After 5 mins I would quit playing it, I saw something different about this game, I bought it right out the self. It was one of the best games I've played so far, everything about it was amazing. I wish i wasn't so short though
  83. Aug 17, 2013
    WOW....... Did I say WOW.... God of War meets Uncharted meets Prince of Persia. Controls are great, story is half decent, graphics are awesome, pacing is perfect..... Online is kinda of beat but other than that this game is one you should definitely play.
  84. Aug 29, 2013
    This was my very first foray into a Tomb Raider game, so aside from the Angelina Jolie-led films, I really had no idea what to expect.

Tomb Raider is a true reboot, starting from what seems to be Lara Croft's first expedition to find a historic landmark that is as legendary as the Bermuda Triangle. The story unfolds in such a way that you truly start connection with Lara along with her
    coworkers as you unfold the mystery alongside her. You find clues strewn about levels along with GPS markers and artifacts which increase XP and allow you to upgrade your abilities and weapons.

As someone who immensely enjoyed using a bow and arrow in Skyrim, I loved the bow action here in Tomb Raider, but I also found myself switching to the other weapons as well. The caves in TR require puzzle solving, but it's nothing too complex that will be too frustrating for the average gamer, yet is still challenging enough for the veteran gamer.

The graphics are beautiful, the sounds crisp, and the gameplay rewarding and enjoyable. There is nothing that isn't engaging, and few missteps here. A flawless game, this is definitely a shining gem of 2013.
  85. Sep 19, 2013
    This game is on another level. I played the original Tomb Raider trilogy back int he PS1 days and this is a much needed reboot. Great story, great gameplay, must have!
  86. Nov 7, 2013
    What pisses me off the most about this game, is how fast everyone forgot about it. I'm amazed at this game's impact on the gaming community and its production value. This easily tops most games in 2013 and I'd go as far as saying its a contender for video game of the year, up there with Last of Us and GTA 5. I am not a big fan of linear adventure games, and I love the fact that it does give some freedom with open world mechanics, but considering I'm not a Tomb Raider fan nor a big fan of the genre this has to be one of the best games I've played in 2013.

I'm more of a completely open world RPG choose your own dialog gamer, but preference aside I did find myself coming back to this game trying to collect all the juicy items. And this game has stayed true the title, its called Tomb Raider and that is exactly what you do. The story is very well written, even though I got VERY annoyed with the rescue missions and the lack of mission variety, I still had fun. How many times do people get captured? I lost count. And while others complain that Lara is too whiny and girly unlike the other games, I love the fact that she acts like a real human being and she gets stronger as the game progresses. She's not Master Chief or Dante, she can die... and that adds tension to the game. No more indestructible badass sex symbol, there is some realism behind this title.

And ohh man the graphics, I'm not one to demand great graphics in games... hell I don't even need them. Jedi Knights of the Old Republic and Fallout 3 had horrible graphics but they are my favorite games. Still I got admit I was awe struck at the level of artistry the graphics provide in this game. Hardest things to do in games Lip sync, hair, water and light/shadows all done beautifully. My only real issue is the multi-player, why waste resources on such an out of place game mode that no one was expecting? How about co-op tomb raiding with friends where you need to work together to solve puzzles and progress to harder tombs? Like a Portal 2 type co-op puzzles but with Tomb Raider mechanics instead of portal guns and throw some baddies in the tombs for us to shoot. Bam perfect! But... no we have a Tomb Raider Call of Duty mode instead... guess its better than nothing.

Still 9.5/10 for me the -.5 was for the CoD multiplayer had that not been there it would be my rare 10/10 I've only given to such games like The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, Fallout 3, JKOTOR 1 and The Witcher 2
  87. Dec 31, 2013
    I expected just another Lara Croft rehash but was blown away by this. Loved it! And this is from someone who has played Tomb Raider games from the very beginning, on the original PlayStation.
  88. Dec 9, 2013
    Extra ordinary game very very good in graphics and a killer reboot
    Underworld and other tomb raider games are nothing front of it. Overall 10/10 from me
  89. Dec 21, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a strong reboot for the franchise. It has great gameplay and story. The multiplayer is not great, but that is by far not the reason to not buy this game.
  90. Jan 20, 2014
    Great graphics, user friendly, nice story. The QT events were pretty horrible atleast for PC but I was able to get past that. Combat system felt good since it allowed for head shots.
  91. Jan 25, 2014
    This is the first game I have not been able to put down in a long time! It is non stop action along with a great story. I put off getting this game for a while, cuz I have never been that big into the Tomb Raider games, but I am glad I gave it a chance! This is the first 10 I have ever given a game, it is a must have ! They have re done everything thing , I agree it is a mix of Uncharted and Far Cry 3 ..... Except better. If you like either of those games go get this! You will not regret it . I can't wait for the next one. Expand
  92. Jan 29, 2014
    tomb raider, the best way you can invest some money on a game, its beautiful, it has excelent gameplay controll, its full of art its awsome. you will not regret about buyin it
  93. Feb 6, 2014
    This game was FANTASTIC. It was action packed, amazing visuals, perfect controls and a great combat system. It was an amazingly immersive environment and the game took me 15 hours plus (I did spend a bit of time wandering)

Definitely a top 5 XBOX 360 game since launch.
  94. Mar 21, 2014
    This game is amazing I never liked the tomb raider games until this came out the clunky sloppy third person platforming IS NO MORE its smooth and feels great sometimes there is questionable landings but in my opinion I'd rather have that than have to start all over again because of a hyper sensitive platforming system.The gameplay is great also I really liked the upgrading system find salvage which is the equivalent of money and use it to upgrade your weapons which are very reasonable upgrades such as quicker reload time or incendiary shotgun shells to name a few also another thing I liked was finding weapons part to reach the next level weapon for example upgrading a makeshift bow to a actual long bow and the story for this game let me tell you was amazing I'm not gonna post any spoilers but if you haven't gotten this game get it you won't regret it and a word of advice look all over the place for hidden items and raid the tombs it I'd worth while Expand
  95. Apr 19, 2013

1. Apr 5, 2013
    The new Tomb Raider is not as revolutionary as the original from 1996 but this reboot is the most mature, interesting and friendly entry to the series. For me it is Uncharted on steroids, a game that’s better in every aspect than Nathan Drake’s adventures. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.52]
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a fine game, but something essential feels like it has been left out. Lara seems to have found the map, but missed the treasure.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    Tomb Raider is the second best Uncharted game behind Uncharted 2. While it gives up a lot of its adventure identity fans have come to know and love, the end result is still a fantastic game that shouldn’t be missed by any action fan. If Crystal Dynamics can inject more adventure elements into a potential sequel, it would be a pretty interesting proposition indeed.