Tomb Raider Xbox 360

8.5

1. Mar 6, 2013
    So glad I bought this game, there's so much to explore and it really shows how the famous 'Lara Croft' came to be. There's total freedom in exploration (once you have the tools required, of course) and you can fast travel if need be back to previous locations. Different weapons that you can upgrade, tweak etc. Enemies seem 'smart', they'll duck for cover if you shoot at them, althoughSo glad I bought this game, there's so much to explore and it really shows how the famous 'Lara Croft' came to be. There's total freedom in exploration (once you have the tools required, of course) and you can fast travel if need be back to previous locations. Different weapons that you can upgrade, tweak etc. Enemies seem 'smart', they'll duck for cover if you shoot at them, although sometimes they'll just go berserk and charge ya. The finishing moves are awesome, and there's surprisingly a lot of gore in the game too. Definite 10 from me. Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is amazing! I have never played a tomb raider game in my many years of gaming, and what a great time it was to start! Being new to the series doesn't matter at all. You fall in love with the characters in story mode. There are endless things to do such as find certain collectibles. This game is very open and similar to far cry 3 but with better graphics, lovable characters, aThis game is amazing! I have never played a tomb raider game in my many years of gaming, and what a great time it was to start! Being new to the series doesn't matter at all. You fall in love with the characters in story mode. There are endless things to do such as find certain collectibles. This game is very open and similar to far cry 3 but with better graphics, lovable characters, a great story, and amazing 3rd person. My only complaint is that there is no online horde/ survival mode to do with friends (even co-op would be great). The multiplayer is still entertaining and nothing is more rewarding than setting a trap and catching an enemy to execute him! It's awesome. Expand
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    The game play is awesome.Like really awesome. Lara's characterization is amazing. Upgrade system is epic. Exploration is wonderful and challenging. And finally the story... its pretty good most of the time.
    I can assure u this will be one of the best of games of 2013!!!!
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    Tomb Raider set out to be an origin story, to reboot the franchise and it has completed that goal above and beyond. As every origin story should it provides in amazing detail the changes of Lara Croft through her adventures. Tomb Raider appeals to everyone, fans of adventure games, fans of Lara Croft and fans of video games. This reboot is a must buy.
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    Great game with balanced mechanics and really careful visuals.
    Great game with balanced mechanics and really careful visuals.
    Every scenario is beautifully detailed and presents dramatic and impressive set piece moments with an interesting level structure that manages to make the linear experience feel less oppressive than the norm. Shooting has the familiar trappings of a 3rd Person Game, but it adds some cinematographic twists here and there, ultimately being in equal parts rewarding and desperate. Parcour mechanics are also intuitive without being too on the nose.

Main problem is the story arc being not too convincing, better than Far Cry 3 in this sense, yet the pacing early on seems a bit rushed. The game presents Lara as a fit, yet green, young girl that's not emotionally prepared for actual combat, yet it wants her holding a gun and shooting perfectly as soon as possible. Turns out she's a Rambo Level killing machine mowing down enemies with just a bow and a few old guns.
    By the end of the game she's been though so much it would make a bit more of sense... yet it's still unbelievable how a whole army of rough looking enemies now look and sound terribly afraid of this single unarmored person that has not seem combat until a while ago and now face them head on.
  6. ERB
    Jan 22, 2014
    Outstanding graphics,Beautiful world,and fun game play and interesting story Tomb Raider has to be one of the best video games of this year.This is a must buy game for you gamers.
  7. Mar 6, 2013
    Un juego excelente, el modelado de Lara es impresionante, los escenarios muy bien diseñados y en ciertos momentos genera mucha tensión, la pena es que está todo demasiado guiado y no deja nada de libertad.
  8. Mar 6, 2013
    This truly Is a Tomb Raider game, sure it has more combat than the classic Tomb Raider's but that's just based on the fact gaming trends have changed. The Graphics are amazing! The Story is a little bit predictable but still good enough and Lara is actually believable and more likable now! 100% game of the year! must play!
  9. Mar 7, 2013
    A fantastic reboot for the Tomb Raider series. The game truly makes Lara Croft a relatable character in the modern video game audience. From start to finish this is an origin story you do not want to miss. A few minor criticisms but these never detract from the game and more so to do with there wasn't enough of them ...

+ Engaging and intriguing storyline + Fantastic Pacing and mix of

+ Engaging and intriguing storyline
    + Fantastic Pacing and mix of gamely
    + Amazing graphics and atmospheric environments (literally the best looking game I have seen on my console)
    + Dynamic combat and XP system

- Would have liked to see more puzzles harder puzzles Multiplayer is standard. Would have been nice to see something unique here maybe a cool co-op etc

Still these never take away from the true masterpiece that is Tomb Raider. For action adventure fans this is a must buy. For anyone who plays games at all MUST BUY.
  10. Mar 17, 2013
    I have played every Tomb Raider since the beginning and this reboot is by far the best ever. Letting the player experience Lara's origin and that fact that she's not perfect, finds herself in serious trouble and gets pretty badly beat up is in amazing experience. I winced and felt for Lara every time she got hit by an enemy, fell off a cliff and got impaled. The game mechanics are soI have played every Tomb Raider since the beginning and this reboot is by far the best ever. Letting the player experience Lara's origin and that fact that she's not perfect, finds herself in serious trouble and gets pretty badly beat up is in amazing experience. I winced and felt for Lara every time she got hit by an enemy, fell off a cliff and got impaled. The game mechanics are so immersive that I forget I am playing a video game. It's more like watching a compelling movie.

Bravo!
  11. Mar 13, 2013
    I finally made a Metacritic account just to review this game. I am a big fan of mature, story-driven games with deep character development. Thus, I hold games like Bioshock or Witcher in a very high regard. That being said, this game is a gem. I have never been a fan of the Tomb Raider series mainly because the story for many of the games seemed overly fantastical and borderline absurd.I finally made a Metacritic account just to review this game. I am a big fan of mature, story-driven games with deep character development. Thus, I hold games like Bioshock or Witcher in a very high regard. That being said, this game is a gem. I have never been a fan of the Tomb Raider series mainly because the story for many of the games seemed overly fantastical and borderline absurd. Furthermore, previous Tomb Raider games featured an overly sexualized Lara Croft who was not very relatable or likeable. This game, however, is a much needed breath of fresh air and a wonderful reboot of the franchise.

First of all, the new Lara Croft is often vulnerable, but still strong and resilient. The way her personality and character developed throughout the story was just beautiful. As a player, one begins to care about the character as if she were a real person.

Second of all, there is an incredible amount of detail in all of the different environments. The forests, shanty towns, ship wrecks, caves, and tombs are littered with so much visual eye-candy that it really brings the player into the game. As a history buff, I absolutely loved finding the different artifacts and also found the optional tombs and the ancient ruins to be breathtaking. This game does not skimp on the visuals.

In summary, I definitely recommend this game to anyone who favors story, character development, and exploration over straight action. Although there are brief episodes of intense fighting, the focus of this game is really to tell a story that is filled with moments of mystery, awe, sadness, and grace.
  12. Mar 7, 2013
    I have to update my review because I played the multiplayer portion of the game. It is bad, so bad. Garbage all the way. I know the only reason for adding a multiplayer is money. Online passes, map packs, outfits all equal profits. In this case it was a mistake to green light that crap. Once game makers start making great stand alone single player games and realize that multiplayer is notI have to update my review because I played the multiplayer portion of the game. It is bad, so bad. Garbage all the way. I know the only reason for adding a multiplayer is money. Online passes, map packs, outfits all equal profits. In this case it was a mistake to green light that crap. Once game makers start making great stand alone single player games and realize that multiplayer is not a cash cow necessity, then you will earn respect and maybe more profits. Expand
  13. Mar 5, 2013
    Got this game for free with my graphics card. Came in with no expectations, but was I ever wrong!

Graphics are phenomenal; music and ambient sound is spooky and keeps you on edge; combat is straightforward and fun; storyline is awesome and entirely believable; character development is fantastic the list goes on and on. The only detrimental aspects of the game are the quick time

The only detrimental aspects of the game are the quick time events and the GUI. I understand the QTEs make you focus on imporant parts of the storyline or keep you on the edge of your seat, but they get tiresome and really require no skill other than waiting to press a certain button at a specific moment.

The GUI in upgrading weapons/skills could have been designed better. After about 30 seconds of switching through it, I quickly got a headache from all the jostling around on the screen.

Nevertheless, I was truly blown away by this game. Coming from a fan of the original Tomb Raiders from the 90's, this is a breath of fresh air into what was stagnated game franchise. While it is not perfect (but truly, what games are?) it is still one of the best games of 2013. If you are on the fence about getting this game, wait no longer. Go and purchase it immediately. It will not disappoint.
  14. Mar 7, 2013
    One of the best game I´ve played this year. It´s Awesome and you won´t regret buyng it. It´s not fair the comparison with Uncharted. Each game have it´s own issues. I`ve spent more than two days to reach only 50%. M
  15. Mar 6, 2013
    The Game is awesome! next gen is here! the story is not very interesting but its Ok. the game-play are amazing. enemies are interesting, everything in this game are amazing! Must Buy
  16. Mar 19, 2013
    This is what tomb raider needed in my opinion to stay competitive with the like of uncharted, the graphics are amazing the story is epic, square Enix have made Lara back to her best.
  17. Mar 7, 2013
    One of my favorite games of this year so far. It is amazing the work Crystal Dynamics has put into this titles. A perfect example that installed franchises can still offer creativity when developed properly. The game is smooth and responsive, impressive and innovative. Action packed during the full campaign and the plot is reasonably well driven. Nathan Drake now has a serious competitorOne of my favorite games of this year so far. It is amazing the work Crystal Dynamics has put into this titles. A perfect example that installed franchises can still offer creativity when developed properly. The game is smooth and responsive, impressive and innovative. Action packed during the full campaign and the plot is reasonably well driven. Nathan Drake now has a serious competitor in the action/adventure playground; I mean this is like a dream made true for all of us hardcore fans of the series. Recommended with no doubts, totally worth the money. Expand
  18. Mar 7, 2013
    LARA IS THE QUEEN
    THE KING INDIANA JONES

SORRY DRAKE FANBOYS
  19. Mar 6, 2013
    This is the best Tomb Raider yet, and is one of the best games of its generation. It has a a great storyline, narrative, charismatic characters, wonderful graphics and, best of all, it has Lara Croft, the female icon of video games. This time, Lara is more human and she looks very real, and is a breath of fresh air in a world that is predominantly full of male characters. All in all, IThis is the best Tomb Raider yet, and is one of the best games of its generation. It has a a great storyline, narrative, charismatic characters, wonderful graphics and, best of all, it has Lara Croft, the female icon of video games. This time, Lara is more human and she looks very real, and is a breath of fresh air in a world that is predominantly full of male characters. All in all, I want to say: bravo Crystal Dynamics and bravo for the new Tomb Raider! Definitely Lara IS back. Expand
  20. Mar 6, 2013
    Ok, so I was actually expecting a pretty good time from the new Tomb Raider but boy was I proved wrong. It's a bloody great time!
    While I do have a few gripes they are all minor things that are easily overshadowed by the sheer awesome.
    But for the sake of fairness let's go through them. First. The game do start off fairly weak. For the first 15-20 minutes I was certain that I they had
    But for the sake of fairness let's go through them.
    First. The game do start off fairly weak. For the first 15-20 minutes I was certain that I they had just jacked up the drama a little bit and gone for more cinematic angles to become in essence Tomb Raider: Uncharted. However once you get through the first part and the game opens up a little I was quite blown away. The games progression is still linear but you have quite a bit of freedom exploring your surroundings and the game does a really good job at making you feel like you're not being led on rails (most of the time). My second gripe is that the game feeds you too much resources. There is quite literally ammunition every ten metres or so. It's next to impossible to run out of ammo. I really hope they release a survival mode that makes scavenging and hunting more important parts of the game. The third gripe is the one that annoys me the most (though your mileage may vary) and it's the QTEs.
    I really really really hate the QTEs in this game. If I get the game over screen in this game it's about 99% probability that it was from a QTE. The game also does a really piss poor job of explaining exactly what you button you need to press and when. I must have been choked 20 times before I figured out what I needed to do.
    It's such a cheap way of adding "action" to a game and I loathe it with a passion.
    Thankfully there aren't that many of them but every time one comes along I'm unceremoniously ripped out of the immersion the game has managed to pull me into and I'm forced to hammer left/right for a few seconds and then hammer E or time a press of F. Gaaah!

Anyway.
    The good parts.
    The enviroments are really really good.
    While the "abandoned military installations on a tropical island" setting has been done lots of times before you can understand why since it's works so good and I doubt it has looked any better than this. Every part of the island has been crafted with expert care and attention to detail. Every time I enter a new part of the map I'm always excited to see what I will find this time.
    The game is also extremely good at mixing the action with the exploring. I'm not all the way through the game yet but the action has never overstayed it's welcome. The pacing of the game reminds me alot of Uncharted 2 3 and that is a really good thing (don't get me started on the pacing of the first Uncharted) The story is also well crafted and keeps you interested. You really want to find out the story behind it all and see how it comes together.

While the year is still young I have no doubt that this game will place on my top 10 of 2013.
  21. Mar 6, 2013
    I have played this game for 2 days straight and I'm still at 50 completion and its been wonders playing it. This game re borned the tomb raider series for the better and I'm glad I purchased this. Now the single player is amazing and easily worth 60 by itself but the developers also added multiplayer and I got to say coming from COD this is so much fun for me because it mixes pakour andI have played this game for 2 days straight and I'm still at 50 completion and its been wonders playing it. This game re borned the tomb raider series for the better and I'm glad I purchased this. Now the single player is amazing and easily worth 60 by itself but the developers also added multiplayer and I got to say coming from COD this is so much fun for me because it mixes pakour and claiming and all sorts of thing that make it fun but it does have some connectivities issues but its pretty rare. Bottom line is you won't regret this purchase. Collapse
  22. Mar 6, 2013
    So I have only ever played one TR game in the past... I can't even remember what it was. This game is amazing and is extremely polished. People are rating it low because it is "An Uncharted knock off." LOL I remember when Uncharted came out and they said that it was a Tomb Raider knock-off. People... It's a video game. Quit with the politics and just enjoy it. It's been a long time since aSo I have only ever played one TR game in the past... I can't even remember what it was. This game is amazing and is extremely polished. People are rating it low because it is "An Uncharted knock off." LOL I remember when Uncharted came out and they said that it was a Tomb Raider knock-off. People... It's a video game. Quit with the politics and just enjoy it. It's been a long time since a game this polished and fun came out. Expand
  23. Mar 5, 2013
    Tomb Raider is back and better than ever. What's awesome is that, despite being a reboot, the classic aspects of Tomb Raider that we all know and love is still very much present in this game. There is still a huge emphasis on puzzles, platforming, and exploration. Combat, this time around, is much more prevalent which isn't necessarily a bad thing; it works well, and is seamless. TheTomb Raider is back and better than ever. What's awesome is that, despite being a reboot, the classic aspects of Tomb Raider that we all know and love is still very much present in this game. There is still a huge emphasis on puzzles, platforming, and exploration. Combat, this time around, is much more prevalent which isn't necessarily a bad thing; it works well, and is seamless. The cover system itself is innovative, eliminating the chunkiness of taking cover that plagues most third person shooters. Instead, Lara blends with environments with ease. The new Lara is a huge improvement over the past iterations. The story is also stronger than the past games which gives us incentive to care about the characters. All in all, an amazing game. It's no wonder that, after 9 games, Lara is considered an icon. She is a legend. Enough said. Expand
  24. Mar 7, 2013
    Its the best tombraider ever and i played all of them. The scale and the graphics the momentum its comparable or sometimes better than uncharted 3. This easily fit in game of the year 2013 nominees. Play it on pc and you will be blowen away by the hair physics(TressFx) by amd and some dx11 top notch graphics although the game look exceptionally fantastic on ps3 and xbox 360.

Its an epic

Its an epic 10/10 game
  25. Mar 8, 2013
    Looks great, feels great, overall a wonderful game. Because, the secret to an exceptional yard is a capable lawn mower that lasts decades without any visible deterioration in performance or durability, and Crystal Dynamics have nailed it.
  26. Mar 7, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a standalone classic within itself. Fans of the series may find themselves feeling strange with the more action adventure oriented game play, which is done in a more conventional style similar to Farcry 3 (©2013, Ubisoft)- in fact, parallels can be made with the game play regarding the environment interactivity, such as hunting and the RPG system of gaining experience forTomb Raider is a standalone classic within itself. Fans of the series may find themselves feeling strange with the more action adventure oriented game play, which is done in a more conventional style similar to Farcry 3 (©2013, Ubisoft)- in fact, parallels can be made with the game play regarding the environment interactivity, such as hunting and the RPG system of gaining experience for kills, relevant storyline actions, hidden loot and relics, however; with a system of beneficial crates and extra missions that are enjoyable and worthwhile stashed throughout the island, players are given a heightened incentive to explore. In fact, an additional similarity with Farcry 3 can be drawn to the overall premise. Where the game shines is within its production values, overall fluidity of controls, as well as a solid plot and stellar voice actors. One more distinct aspect of game play that can also be said to have been done prior is from Hitman: Absolution (2013, Square Enix), in which a heightened awareness can be activated, however unlike in the aforementioned title and for the benefit of Tomb Raider, this device is implemented to effectively encourage exploration and attention to detail to the environment, as objects such as plants, animals and crates appear highlighted on the screen. There is an interesting amount of realism to the game and this is in concerns to the direct characterization of the protagonist and the potential enmeshment for the gamer, made all the more great by a strong hook and a very gritty unveiling of the creation of what is, for all intents and purposes, a strong-willed woman who is malleable and apt to adapt to survive. It is refreshing to find a game in a male dominated market that offers such, as most women in games are portrayed as timid or in need of protection. On this note it should be mentioned that some gamers may be turned off by the role, perhaps because of the novelty and difference, although if preconception and doubts can be set aside, the treasure is plentiful.

The adventure itself is fresh, given a presentation that is surprisingly macabre- with the graphics having a very desaturated tone to them, highlighting shadows and using an all around dark pallet, these constituents create a dim mood, almost somber or melancholy. It is this, over and above all the ingredients above that make for a classic within the genre, in note as the most stellar entry in the series. Issues with the game that some players may find could be that of its linearity, although the game is neither dull nor repetitive, with the tasks at hand providing an interaction that makes the player not only want to focus but be drawn into the smooth surroundings by tight controls and realistic physics. In addition, reply value is somewhat questionable, although many games similar that are heavily focused on narrative and eventual development fit with tutorials may leave the gamer with little desire to replay the title immediately. Regardless, this game is a definitive must have, with everything so ideally polished and honed that Tomb Raider is hard to put down for any gamer who enjoys adventure, exploration, a firm plot, and action. Even if not to necessarily a game to be played within the years to come, without doubt it will stand the test of time and is a must have for fans to put on the shelf.

Score 10/10
  27. Mar 8, 2013
    This game blew my mind. The visuals are amazing with a beyond solid frame rate. The motion capture is some of the best that I have ever seen. Lara moves very realistic and fluid.

With a solid story and a very moving cut scenes, this is a very hard game to put down.
  28. Mar 8, 2013
    I enjoyed this game immensely. From the story, to combat, to the environment and visuals, everything is excellent. There could have been a few more and tougher puzzles, but overall it's amazing. I thought Uncharted was really good, until I played this. Polished, fun, and I couldn't put it down.
  29. Mar 13, 2013
    Although I have yet to complete the game (approximately 60%), I have to say I look forward to jumping back into it each time I get home from work. The game is beautiful, the shooting feels right and the story is quite entertaining. However, I'm even more entertained by the scoring results. At the time of this review there are 296 positive results and 30 negative results. I tend toAlthough I have yet to complete the game (approximately 60%), I have to say I look forward to jumping back into it each time I get home from work. The game is beautiful, the shooting feels right and the story is quite entertaining. However, I'm even more entertained by the scoring results. At the time of this review there are 296 positive results and 30 negative results. I tend to liken this to light bulb reviews; if 99 out of 100 folks say their light bulb is nice and bright, but 1 of them trashes it, guess which one was unable to figure out how to work the light bulb? It would make more sense if the votes were half and half but when just about all the grown-ups enjoy the game, I would say it's a success. Expand
  30. Mar 13, 2013
    Tomb raider is back and better than ever.
    Not only is the reboot more challenging than the old games, its more compelling, you will feel like Lara has evolved throughout her journey. You will see Not only the physical but the mental damage she goes through and how she pulls through and emerges as true tomb raider.
    -combat Not exactly innovative but unique bow abilities and finishing
    Tomb raider is back and better than ever.
    -combat
    Not exactly innovative but unique bow abilities and finishing moves
    -story
    Amazing, feels like a really good movie, like something Stanley Kubrick would direct.
    -parkour
    Feels like uncharted, but with a bit more options thanks to Lara's ability to jump walls and her climbing axe
    -bad things
    While the ending is quite satisfying, the final mission can get tedious because you thrown off balance a lot while being shot at
    The final boss battle is easy, Just wait for him to attack, dodge, roll behind him and put a shotgun round in his back

I almost forgot the graphics
    The graphics are amazing, so much attention went into this game, to put it simply this game makes halo 4 look like pacman the graphics are that amazing.
  31. Apr 24, 2013
    At first glance I thought this new Tomb raider would be a uncharted clone. But the end result was completely different then what i was expecting. The story was exciting and slowly piece together as you really notes left behind by characters. Lara is the star character in the game because she becomes a innocents girl to a killer. Though this was pretty fast because one moment she grievingAt first glance I thought this new Tomb raider would be a uncharted clone. But the end result was completely different then what i was expecting. The story was exciting and slowly piece together as you really notes left behind by characters. Lara is the star character in the game because she becomes a innocents girl to a killer. Though this was pretty fast because one moment she grieving from killing a man but then killing other people like nothing. It might have more enjoyable if the developers made this process a bit slower. The game mechanics of this game are really good and the weapons each have their own unique purpose. The stealth works well with this game and silently killing off guards is a blast The game is not completely free roam but the game offers you a chance to re explored previous areas to look for parts. The addition of tombs make this game even more enjoyable as you figure ways to complete the puzzle. The graphics are really good and the environment and character models are top notch. The only problem i had with the game was the multiplier which could use more work. Overall, I enjoyed this game more then uncharted and couldn't stop playing. Expand
  32. Mar 5, 2013
    I register to make a review of this epic game. save the best for last.. it is a great game for this dying days of console. the environment looks great character design is nice game play is awsome!!!. it feels like im playing on a next generation console.. its a bit short but the money you spend is worth it. the puzzle part of this game is a bit few. the story is so captivating and i cantI register to make a review of this epic game. save the best for last.. it is a great game for this dying days of console. the environment looks great character design is nice game play is awsome!!!. it feels like im playing on a next generation console.. its a bit short but the money you spend is worth it. the puzzle part of this game is a bit few. the story is so captivating and i cant even put down my controller. square enix and crystal dynamics did an excellent job in making this games! grab this game and you will never regret it. Expand
  33. Mar 5, 2013
    A great reboot of the game making Lara grounded and more of a person than a symbol. Gear and skills are good but I wish they add more. The cinematics here are super high quality like from an action move
  34. Mar 6, 2013
    There has been a lot of doubt to me in the gaming industry lately for me. Time after time again I have been renting and buying new games only to get let down from my favorite franchises. Well folks my faith has been restored in my gaming with this gem of a title. I really cannot express the amount of amazing work Crystal Dynamics has pulled out here. From the graphics which in some scenesThere has been a lot of doubt to me in the gaming industry lately for me. Time after time again I have been renting and buying new games only to get let down from my favorite franchises. Well folks my faith has been restored in my gaming with this gem of a title. I really cannot express the amount of amazing work Crystal Dynamics has pulled out here. From the graphics which in some scenes look next gen and i am not even joking to the smooth as butter controls everything is polished to perfection. Easy menu navigation and awesome upgrades only add to the game. Some of the AI gets confused for a bit but otherwise pretty challenging because they keep you on your toes. All I can say is go buy, rent or whatever you do to get games and play this now. This is a breath of fresh air and easily one of the best third person action games I have played in years. This score is purely based on the single player as i have yet to try the multiplayer because of how amazing the single player is. TOMB RAIDER IS BACK. Expand
  35. Mar 6, 2013
    I've been a BIG fan of the series since 1996, and let me just get this out of the way, I am a Core Design fanboy. Crystal Dynamics have finally nailed it. OK so they'll never meet the high standard set by Core, noone ever will, but this is a step in the right direction. Good for you guys, I'm very impressed. Get this game.
  36. Mar 6, 2013
    One word can describe this game. EPIC. As we all know, fans and haters it's probably the game, which is always more "evolved" than the other games. Also the graphics are AMAZING. I thought i was watching the 3rd Tomb Raider movie!
  37. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Although I would love to be able to give Tomb Raider a 10, I never give those out unless I consider them ground breaking (like say Half Life 2 would be my standard for ground breaking) This is a good game, some may say a very good game, I'm still not sold on that idea. Tomb Raider is what really clinched the gamer in me back in 96' and so I was all ready to love this game. First the good, the combat is fun, there are some very exciting sequences (at least the first time through), the combat controls are very responsive, scenery great, sound great, acting fantastic, script good, maps well thought out and some are really fun battle playgrounds. It's fun at least the first time through. The second time not as much fun. Now the not so good. I really have a hard time with the amount of control that is taken away from the player, esp. in the first hour and a half of the game. This annoyance occurs at other moments through out and at key moments. That last part really gets me. The result of this is that you lose all sense of strategy." How do I survive that guy with the turret? what with me being all confined in this bottle neckish map? no worries, my dev gods are powerful, they will handle it for me. As a matter of fact they love me so much they hold my hand in the worst of times, no brain needed, just quick fingers!" Sigh. I love strategy, esp the old days of Lara looking at a room and saying to herself, "hmm, how am I going to get up there, and how many times will I break my neck?" I want to die five times trying to figure out how to get that guy in the turret dang it! Its my right as an avatar! oh well. key moments....it's Tomb Raider just not my tomb raider and yes I'm your mom, so it's not your mom's tomb raider. It's like Resident Evil, but it's not Resident Evil, it's a dev gods wet dream of Resident Evil. If you catch my drift. Fortunately, it's no where near as oppressive and QTE controlling as RE6, but it goes in the same direction. Another just slight annoyance was occasional aiming or camera problems but nothing too significant, it may cause you a bad injury or death in one or two maps if you don't change position quick, but no big deal. Finally, the "exploring" needs to be addressed. I put that in quotes because, well here is the definition 1.Travel in or through (an unfamiliar country or area) in order to learn about or familiarize oneself with it. 2. Search for resources such as mineral deposit. I think of the first, they think of the second. Tomato, tomato. The exploring is basically bs. in my mind because there are no new locations or interesting things to find. The tombs are so meaningless,The puzzles are more than elementary and the payoff is like opening a treasure chest, finding paper money and as soon as you touch it, it dissolves in your hand. Just nothing there. Come on guys! I would be happy with a samurai statute and say collect all of them and display them like Shepherd's ships or something! Instead you give us...uh, what do we get? blah. But okay, all in all it's great story for a great gal, with great action. A movie really with some gaming fun worked in. I like it, a lot, I might possibly buy it when they price goes down, but right now I have to return it to redbox so someone else can have some fun and so I can play the ME3 Citadel dlc, I think it's almost downloaded now...see you there boys! Expand
  38. Mar 8, 2013
    Probably one of the best value games for 2013. Crystal Dynamics have put a lot of time into this game and used the map beautifully. Great graphics and motion, the mechanics really work. Likely one of the games you will need to spend a lot of time completing but don't let that put you off. The puzzles in the game can make you have some weird dreams if played for 12+ hours as I found out.Probably one of the best value games for 2013. Crystal Dynamics have put a lot of time into this game and used the map beautifully. Great graphics and motion, the mechanics really work. Likely one of the games you will need to spend a lot of time completing but don't let that put you off. The puzzles in the game can make you have some weird dreams if played for 12+ hours as I found out. Your mind just won't shut down. It's just class though! Expand
  39. Mar 14, 2013
    This game was a welcome return (reboot) of the franchise. Graphics are beautiful, control is superb, and the story is perhaps one of the best in the series so far. BUT, I do have my gripes too: 1) It's far too easy, even on the hardest difficulty. 2) Far to short. the solo campaign is really to short and the playable areas really aren't that big if you can look past the splendor of theThis game was a welcome return (reboot) of the franchise. Graphics are beautiful, control is superb, and the story is perhaps one of the best in the series so far. BUT, I do have my gripes too: 1) It's far too easy, even on the hardest difficulty. 2) Far to short. the solo campaign is really to short and the playable areas really aren't that big if you can look past the splendor of the awesome details. Overall: Had this game been a bit bigger, longer and harder it could have been perfect. The visuals are some of the best I have ever seen on the 360 and I know the PC version is even better. New Lara is totally believable and I look forward to her next game. Expand
  40. Mar 5, 2013
    It is a very good game with likable characters in game like sam or new tomb. I have console version and pc if you have nvidia card mine is 550 ti) you can get high settings and good frame rate when turning of tessellation,high precise, normal for ssao and depth of field. Overal you should buy Tomb raider on both platform
  41. Mar 5, 2013
    Cada vez que jugaba a los juegos anteriores nunca los terminaba por que llegaba a aburrirme pero desde que lo vengo siguiendo mas o menos del 2011 creo o 2012, muy bien no me acuerdo, veía los trailers y como que me llamaba la atención y me daban ganas de probarlo, por suerte el martes me lo compre y hoy hace minutos lo termine.
    La verdad que yo no soy de sorprenderme tanto con algunos
    La verdad que yo no soy de sorprenderme tanto con algunos juegos solo pocos me han logrado sorprender y entre esos pocos voy a meter a este nuevo tomb raider. Nunca espere que me gustara tanto y me dieran ganas de terminarlo bueno ahora hablare sobre el juego.
    La historia se basa en que un grupo de.... no me sale la palabra bueno no importa ellos quieren descubrir sobre una reina del sol llamada "himiko" y tienen que dirigirse a una isla que no sale en el mapa.Bueno siendo sincero no se esmeraron en una gran historia pero es lo suficiente como para entretener. Esta lara croft es genial ,fragil al principio hasta que se convierte en una superviviente que no teme a nada, uno de los personajes femeninos de videojuegos que mas me gusta encima la pobre se hace mierda siempre xD Hablando gráficamente se ve excelente a pesar que la versión de 360 es inferior a la de ps3 y pc se ve muy bien los detalles del los lugares son geniales.
    La jugabilidad del juego es muy buena en ningún momento me queje ni putee la verdad que me sentí muy cómodo.
    La historia como dije no es la gran cosa ,mezclan la realidad con lo mistico(no se si en los otros juegos mezclan lo mitico) pero es entretenida lastima que el modo historia es corto y,para mi, el final no me gusto mucho y es predecible
    Algo que si pudieron haber hecho mejor ,es la inteligencia artificial de los enemigos porque puede resultar algo "fácil" debes en cuando te la saben complicar pero en la mayoría del juego es fácil.Una ambientación excelente la verdad que es muy buena, un mundo abierto y que siempre tengas que revisar todo el lugar por que seguro que hay para registrar alguna tumba ,lugares secretos ,recoger cofres o libros etc. Todo el mapa se conecta en si podes pasar por el mismo lugar como mas de 4 veces(aunque sigas el modo historia volves a pasar si o si) eso hace que ademas de hacer la historia te podrás entretener un rato. Los puzzles son divertidos pero algo simples los puzzles de los juegos anteriores son mas difíciles(eso fue lo que me llevo a no terminarlos xD, era chico y no me gustaba trabarme en un juego).
    Este juego de los otros que eh jugado, que por decirlo asi es el mas "oscuro" ,porque las muertes de los enemigos o de lara misma son algo fuertes hay mas sangre que en los otros
    Podes cazar,andar libremente por la isla buscando secretos y objetos para completar el juego al 100% ,aumentar de rango, mejorar las armas,no puedo hablar del modo multiplayer por que no lo puedo jugar. Aplaudo a Crystal dinamics por este excelente juego, aunque me hubiera gustado que lo hubieran hecho mas largo.
  42. Mar 5, 2013
    More than just the reboot. It is should be the original. I know that there are a lot of people complain about this new TR reboot. But myself, this is one of the best TR so far. This is how a reboot should be. TR reboot has: open world include puzzles, secret tombs, action with diversity upgrade and skills, a lot of documents and relics, achievements to make the game more funnier and longerMore than just the reboot. It is should be the original. I know that there are a lot of people complain about this new TR reboot. But myself, this is one of the best TR so far. This is how a reboot should be. TR reboot has: open world include puzzles, secret tombs, action with diversity upgrade and skills, a lot of documents and relics, achievements to make the game more funnier and longer than any TR has been made before. Trust me, this is worth your time for the new gamers and very attractive game for the old hardcore gamers, too. Expand
  43. Mar 5, 2013
    All I have to say is it is a phenomenal game!! It truly is a beautifully written and dark origin story. The environments are really stunning to look at and I honestly just stand there looking around to take in the scenery. The gamp,ay is not only fun but addicting and Camilla Luddington did an amazing job with the voice acting as well. It is just such an awesome game, I can't even findAll I have to say is it is a phenomenal game!! It truly is a beautifully written and dark origin story. The environments are really stunning to look at and I honestly just stand there looking around to take in the scenery. The gamp,ay is not only fun but addicting and Camilla Luddington did an amazing job with the voice acting as well. It is just such an awesome game, I can't even find the right words to describe it. Expand
  44. Mar 5, 2013
    Everything you want in a gaming experience and more. The story, the character growth of Laura Croft, the exciting/gorgeous cinematic visuals that perfectly meld into the gameplay--it is fun, fun, and more fun-- don't miss this one!!
  45. Mar 5, 2013
    Extremely well done game, polished with superb visual side. This one is a mix of Far Cry 3 Uncharted with some RE4 feeling. Controlling Lara's movement while running through wilderness, caves, tombs, climbing and jumping is very natural and feels even more smoothly than in ACIII, where I have found some glitches/errors from time to time. Tomb Rider is a great action game with someExtremely well done game, polished with superb visual side. This one is a mix of Far Cry 3 Uncharted with some RE4 feeling. Controlling Lara's movement while running through wilderness, caves, tombs, climbing and jumping is very natural and feels even more smoothly than in ACIII, where I have found some glitches/errors from time to time. Tomb Rider is a great action game with some survival feeling and exploration. The switch from lock on shooting type to the new TPS style system works really well, each encounter with your foes is very brutal and engaging. Absolutely love the graphics the landscapes are amazing, with stunning visuals mountains, watefalls, rivers, caves and villages. With each new location you want to stop and just look around and admire the views. This game will keep you all the time at the edge of your seat, pushing you to play for hrs and just looking forward to see what will happen next. my score is 10/10 Expand
  46. Mar 5, 2013
    This is by far the best Tomb Raider i have ever played. The graphics are amazing, the puzzles are like side missions and feels very rewarding to discover the way to its end. The loot system is very well implemented with chances for you to upgrade weapons either from salvage or from finding new mods and new parts. You also have a talent system where you can improve your hunting or survivingThis is by far the best Tomb Raider i have ever played. The graphics are amazing, the puzzles are like side missions and feels very rewarding to discover the way to its end. The loot system is very well implemented with chances for you to upgrade weapons either from salvage or from finding new mods and new parts. You also have a talent system where you can improve your hunting or surviving or fighting skills. The island where you are being thrown has lots of stuff going on, it is enclouded with mistery and you can feel dark forces around. This is definately a must buy game for your Tomb Raider collection. Expand
  47. Mar 5, 2013
    One of the best games Ive ever played. In 2D it looks good. In 3D its an incredible experience. I never was a fan of Tomb Raider series. Played few of them, never was impressed. But this game is just on another level and can be easily compared to Uncharted 2 in quality. Yes, it is that good
  48. Mar 5, 2013
    Every action fan has their favorites, among games some that hit chord with that thought include Batman: Arkham City, the Uncharted games, and maybe a tint of Far Cry as well. The thing with Tomb Raider is that it's like a hot fudge Sunday of all of those games, but still gets it own identity. The atmosphere is nailed, it's dark, even the lighter parts aren't too uplifting. We're in aEvery action fan has their favorites, among games some that hit chord with that thought include Batman: Arkham City, the Uncharted games, and maybe a tint of Far Cry as well. The thing with Tomb Raider is that it's like a hot fudge Sunday of all of those games, but still gets it own identity. The atmosphere is nailed, it's dark, even the lighter parts aren't too uplifting. We're in a realistic world with realistic physics and survival is key. The lighting is tremendous and only attributes to that atmosphere. The world is massive and abundant in resources, initially overwhelming but as the game goes on it's something you want to explore as you get new gear. Lara is a riveting character and as the game progresses you get to see every side of her from her first kill, making difficult decisions, killing animals for her survival, with a gain of remorse, and so many others. Gameplay is tight and responsive, nothing revolutionary for an action game but it has familiarity to it and style. The story is decent, you get engaged enough into the game to want to know what's coming next. Unfortunately the multiplayer, while decent, feels very tacked on. Stick to the single player mode, that's where the meat of the game is. Again everything in the game feels fantastic and I love to play it, it's not revolutionary. There's something to the game where even if you're not bewildered by everything, you're glued to the screen still wanting to continue though and that's what makes this game shine. Expand
  49. Mar 5, 2013
    Tomb raider is one of the best game had ever play.The graphics are amazing, the puzzles are like side missions and feels very rewarding to discover the way to its end. I wish a sequel and DLC
  50. Mar 6, 2013
    The game is a good game but had a few problems in the game that ruined my experience. I had a game breaking glitch occur to me luckily i could use another glitch to get out of it but it ruined my experience as i was stuck there for a long time. I found most things it does in this game are done better in other games. i found the exploration better in far cry 3. I found the shootingThe game is a good game but had a few problems in the game that ruined my experience. I had a game breaking glitch occur to me luckily i could use another glitch to get out of it but it ruined my experience as i was stuck there for a long time. I found most things it does in this game are done better in other games. i found the exploration better in far cry 3. I found the shooting mechanics better in gears of war. The climbing was better in uncharted. Plus the story was a decent attempt and enjoyable but was not at the heights of uncharted 2. The characters were the biggest let down though i found them way too cliche. I've seen them done in so many other games that i only cared for Lara herself. If it was her by herself this game would off been a lot better. But overall the game really has good moments and is good if you want mechanics from a vary of really excellent games. It's mechanics are just not as strong as those games mentioned. ill rate Tomb Raider and 8/10 Expand
  51. Mar 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. great job from the boys of crystal dinamics once again, totally worth the money!! One hell of a reboot, not like other games such as devil may cry or Resident evil Expand
  52. Mar 7, 2013
    Lara is back and she is back better then ever before. Wait more so! This game has style, not just graphics, but in its environments, quests, movements and game play. I never been too much of a fan of quick time events, but this game shows how they can be done to perfection. Each one unique and placed in interesting a pivotal places. It really makes you feel move involved in Lara'sLara is back and she is back better then ever before. Wait more so! This game has style, not just graphics, but in its environments, quests, movements and game play. I never been too much of a fan of quick time events, but this game shows how they can be done to perfection. Each one unique and placed in interesting a pivotal places. It really makes you feel move involved in Lara's actions and her struggle. I never yelled encouragement at my TV before but Lara has done that. Great voice acting and believable movements and actions make for a fantastic narrative and setting. The weapon upgrading system is clever and add more visual flare as you upgrade your bow, pistol, shotgun a rifle. The use of only four weapons should be a hindrance, but they are designed in a way that make you interact with the environment. A superb game which I cannot fault, I really cant think of anything I disliked or noticed as out of place. A must buy for gamer, not just a fan of the series, this game is something else! Expand
  53. Mar 6, 2013
    Love it! Not a typical tomb raider game. This one is more like a reset that heads to a different direction, and it is very successful.

I feel like it's influenced b the Uncharted series which is a good thing. Now TR finally has a great story combined with great game play. There is just something about watching LC cry and struggle through all the obstacles. I am getting addicted. The character development is really good in this game. You get to explore and grow with LC, watching her getting stronger and become the great explorer!
  54. Mar 13, 2013
    Simply put: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT....ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Like many who have reviewed here on MC, I have been a fan of Lara since the original Tomb Raider on the Playstation. Fast forward to Lara's last two romps (not including the DLC) on the Xbox 360 didn't really do much for me. I was nice to have Lara doing what Lara does best, shoot, run, jump, and solve puzzles, but it was lacking aSimply put: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT....ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Like many who have reviewed here on MC, I have been a fan of Lara since the original Tomb Raider on the Playstation. Fast forward to Lara's last two romps (not including the DLC) on the Xbox 360 didn't really do much for me. I was nice to have Lara doing what Lara does best, shoot, run, jump, and solve puzzles, but it was lacking a soul, if that makes any sense...
    Enter the NEW Tomb Raider!! Right from the get-go, this game takes a gamble on a whole new "reboot" and isn't scared to put the emotion or SOUL as you will, back into Lara Croft we knew and loved. Seeing her younger is already refreshing. She naieve yet determined, scared, yet trying to survive every second of the game...Literally!! If you don't think Lara is a pure BADASS after playing this game, you need to get your head examined; I have never seen ANY character go through so much punishment in a game before and STILL, run, shoot, jump, and simply SURVIVE every situation she's in. I'm sorry Nathan Drake, you've just got pwned...by a girl!! BRAVO to you EIDOS!! Thank you for creating such a memorable, wonderful, heart pounding, emotional, and rewarding game that I have been waiting for such a long time out of Lara!! Long live Eidos! And long live Lara Croft!!!
    P.S. to Eidos: STOP TRYING TO BE LIKE UNCHARTED AND DITCH THE MULTIPLAYER!! ITS HORRIBLE!
    -Peace Out!
  55. Mar 6, 2013
    I went into this game not knowing what to expect. Tomb Raider game mechanics have been stale since the PS2 version. How refreshing this reboot is! It looks gorgeous (as does Lara) and plays equally as good! It doesn't hit the heights of the Uncharted series but comes close. Overall this is a great reboot and I look forward to Tomb Raider 2 on next gen.
  56. Mar 5, 2013
    I wasn't getting my hopes up with this game,but to my amazement the game is simply brilliant. I haven't had so much fun with an adventure game since Uncharted 3! The graphics are polished, especially the pc version. There are loads of white knuckle moments, which makes me kill Lara on purpose just to replay them over and over. So far the best game this year for me.
  57. Mar 6, 2013
    Brilliant game, wonderful graphics, sound and detail. The remaking of Lara Croft is handled extremely well. It borrows from Uncharted, just like Uncharted took and ran with the original Tomb Raider. If you like a good story, quite a bit of exploration, with a dab of puzzling and action, this is a game for you. Welcome back Lara.
  58. Mar 7, 2013
    Chapeau! This is a truly amazing game..i'm stunned about the graphics, didnt expect anything like it on my old 360. i would also like to mention that the fighting mechanics which were always weak in the other tr games are pretty good now and certainly better than uncharted which is mentioned often in comparison. so thank you crystal dynamics for this ride and for the effort. theChapeau! This is a truly amazing game..i'm stunned about the graphics, didnt expect anything like it on my old 360. i would also like to mention that the fighting mechanics which were always weak in the other tr games are pretty good now and certainly better than uncharted which is mentioned often in comparison. so thank you crystal dynamics for this ride and for the effort. the attention to detail in every location is really appreciated. Expand
  59. Mar 5, 2013
    Amazing Gamer, its like a mix between uncharted 2, far cry 3 and the bonfires of Dark Souls. If you like action adventure, and care a little about Lara, this may be the best game for you. Its so beautifull and has a robust campaign of almost 15 hours, plus a lot of puzzle side exploration quest. The only thing that i really dont like much was the multiplayer. But this game is on a par withAmazing Gamer, its like a mix between uncharted 2, far cry 3 and the bonfires of Dark Souls. If you like action adventure, and care a little about Lara, this may be the best game for you. Its so beautifull and has a robust campaign of almost 15 hours, plus a lot of puzzle side exploration quest. The only thing that i really dont like much was the multiplayer. But this game is on a par with uncharted 2, and is way better than uncharted 3. Expand
  60. Mar 6, 2013
    I honestly don't know what I'd change about this game. The location is gorgeous, and wholly believable. definitely gives even far cry 3 a run for its money. The new Lara, who has some of the most believable motion capture I've ever seen in a game, gives an impressive amount emotional range and detail. may be the best game performance ever, i can't remember one more intense. Now, mind you,I honestly don't know what I'd change about this game. The location is gorgeous, and wholly believable. definitely gives even far cry 3 a run for its money. The new Lara, who has some of the most believable motion capture I've ever seen in a game, gives an impressive amount emotional range and detail. may be the best game performance ever, i can't remember one more intense. Now, mind you, I love the Uncharted series, but especially when it comes to combat, namely gunplay, this game ANNIHILATES it. This is partially because of the new cover mechanic, and partially because an M rating gives developers more freedom to accurately depict violence. The puzzles are great, as long as you ignore the giveaway hint system, and figure them out on your own. The pacing has adrenaline at a constant high, and have a surprising amount of variation. Story is great, as long as your not easily turned off by a slightly cheesy supporting character or two. All in all, this is the first adventure game that has truly felt like an adventure worth taking. This game game certainly holds the adventure game throne, at least until The Last of Us comes out. Expand
  61. Mar 5, 2013
    I rate games based on how much fun I have while playing, Tomb Raider is loads of fun. Laura Croft maneuvers threw different terrain fluently. Her animations are top notch, similar to Drake's in Uncharted. I found the mechanics for upgrading your character unique and well designed, it didn't take away from the game play experience. I hated Assassins Creeds approach to shops and upgrades itI rate games based on how much fun I have while playing, Tomb Raider is loads of fun. Laura Croft maneuvers threw different terrain fluently. Her animations are top notch, similar to Drake's in Uncharted. I found the mechanics for upgrading your character unique and well designed, it didn't take away from the game play experience. I hated Assassins Creeds approach to shops and upgrades it was boring and ill designed. Tomb Raider only lacks in one area, audio. The sound quality is poor on my high end surround sound head phones. Note on television speakers the audio issues aren't noticeable. All in all this game is great, pulse pounding cut scenes and surprise attacks from enemies gets your blood pressure going. Expand
  62. Mar 7, 2013
    No game is created without flaws and Tomb Raider is definitely no exception. However, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It certainly loses the classic tomb raider feeling and values but everything else in the game certainly makes up for it. Creating a Tomb Raider game of a sandbox style game seemed to be a risky move but it certainly passes in all aspects. TheNo game is created without flaws and Tomb Raider is definitely no exception. However, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It certainly loses the classic tomb raider feeling and values but everything else in the game certainly makes up for it. Creating a Tomb Raider game of a sandbox style game seemed to be a risky move but it certainly passes in all aspects. The game play is smooth. the story is solid, the scenery is amazing and the music fits in perfectly. Everything a game needs to excel. Now yes, I encountered a few glitches and bugs (some serious and some not so serious) but after 18 years of playing video games, I have come to expect this and I expect many other gamers have as well. These issues should not leave a negative feel. Every game has them. I can see a lot of people complaining about this cause the Tomb Raider series has a strong impact on the gaming world already and making this jump is certainly different. But times change and games change so all I say to these people is "Deal with it". My biggest problem in the game story is actually the final 4 words of the game. Too many games, movies and stories end the words "I'm not going home" and it gets a little annoying. With the multiplayer aspect, I can't really say much as I haven't played it much. But what I have played it appears to be well balanced, smooth flowing and contains well designed maps. All in all, Tomb Raider is an amazing game and and I certainly recommend anyone to pick it up and play through it. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  63. Mar 9, 2013
    Everything I wanted and expected from this game !PERFECT
    Story and characters are a bit out of place to the gameplay,but which game story isn't?Either way it's well written one.Great visuals,soundtrack and gameplay.Go BUY!
  64. Mar 10, 2013
    This is the best Tomb Raider ever! Great graphic, great Lara with good acting, Good Story, good immersion. Its an uncharted game but with the survivor aspect and the beautiful and young Lara. The multi is not that good but Hey! Who buy this game for the multi? Hope more Tomb Raider will comes out.
  65. Mar 9, 2013
    It seems like every year they try to reboot an old franchise into a new game, and most years we are left with a game that's barely half decent but wrapped in a familiar package,games that didn't need making and shouldn't have been made.

And then you have the few successes, like Tomb Raider. This game clearly takes a lot of design cues from Uncharted on PS3 and is much the better for it, the handling, the combat, the level design, all are representative of a masterclass in games design.

Perhaps the best part, where a lot of games give you a short slapped together campaign as an excuse to charge full retail for a multiplayer game, here you actually have a damn good campaign, with a great story, and amazing gameplay, and it has a pretty decent multiplayer component too.
  66. Mar 8, 2013
    This game is amazing! I have over 80 games for my xbox and this is one of the best. The game has beautiful graphics along with outstanding physics. Many of the environments are so good that I found them to rival crysis at points. The skill system is a nice feature that allows you to customize Lara to your play style. For example you could go through the entire game only using a bow or anThis game is amazing! I have over 80 games for my xbox and this is one of the best. The game has beautiful graphics along with outstanding physics. Many of the environments are so good that I found them to rival crysis at points. The skill system is a nice feature that allows you to customize Lara to your play style. For example you could go through the entire game only using a bow or an axe. The combat is fluid and the guns sound powerful like they should. The enemy AI is good but better on harder difficulties. Also for those who complain about it being to easy all you have to do is increase the difficulty. Story wise this game nails it again. The story is action packed and exciting. The story is structured very similar to the TV show Lost. Another point I'd like to make is that this is my first Tomb Raider game so I am not bias. Although this reboot has made me a fan and I hope Square Enix has more planned. FYI, if you are looking for a multiplayer game this is not it. The campaign is amazing but the multiplayer is lackluster. Also if you dont want to get this game because the protagonist is a woman... then good luck getting a girlfriend. Expand
  67. Mar 8, 2013
    The team who made this game was clearly inspired by the Uncharted series, but they took the all the action of that series and added a soul. This is a beautiful game, and I hope there's a lot more to come from this team.
  68. Mar 8, 2013
    Very much enjoying tomb raider. It fits nicely into the adventure action game niche; assassins creed type, but has its own unique identity, making it feel very fresh and new.

A very good reboot to a franchise I never much cared about, it's very cinematic but doesn't remove player control to make it work. Well worth the buy, I highly suggest it.
  69. Mar 9, 2013
    Best game i've played in a long time. Looks great and really fun the set pieces are better than any cod has to offer, imo. Definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone...
  70. Mar 10, 2013
    Best of the tomb raiders for me, first game in a long time to really get me rearing to come home from work and continue playing. The gameplay was top notch and the puzzles were good. The games length was perfect and has a continue mode for players that would like to go back to the tombs/areas they missed.
  71. Mar 10, 2013
    I just got 4000 Microsoft points from this site for free! :D freemspointsforever com This game really sucks dude. If you buy it you're a retardedededed.
  72. Mar 5, 2013
    I hate to compare this to uncharted, but it is all most impossible, but this should be seen as a complement. This game does every Uncharted does, and in my opinion much better. The story is great, and it had me interested from beginning to end, Lara is played brilliantly well, even if her transition from average girl to full blown badass is jarring. It plays great, the combat, to myI hate to compare this to uncharted, but it is all most impossible, but this should be seen as a complement. This game does every Uncharted does, and in my opinion much better. The story is great, and it had me interested from beginning to end, Lara is played brilliantly well, even if her transition from average girl to full blown badass is jarring. It plays great, the combat, to my surprise is very enjoyable. The cover system is one of the best I have seen, it's seamless and never slows down the action, the guns and bow feel great. The platforming is simple, and not to challenging, but none the less it's still fun and make for some really great cinematic moments. The game defiantly is not as puzzle heavy as the previous game, but there are puzzles, and they are fun.
    The game looks fantastic, full of colour, varied environments and never noticed texture pop in, frame rate slows down sometime but never enough to ruin the experience.
    The game does have multiplayer, to be honest it's pretty standard stuff, it's not bad by any means, but I just don't see it lasting. Overall a very enjoyable experience, a successful reboot, have high hopes of what could come. 8.5
  73. Mar 5, 2013
    The game really very good, a great deal of time and effort has been spent in putting the story and plot into a ‘real’ world setting this game is unlike the other tomb raider games where the emphasis was on high level complex puzzle solving, Lara’s outfits and the size of her chest. This woman is someone entirely different; a ‘deeper’ person, young, very green and afraid but not naïve,The game really very good, a great deal of time and effort has been spent in putting the story and plot into a ‘real’ world setting this game is unlike the other tomb raider games where the emphasis was on high level complex puzzle solving, Lara’s outfits and the size of her chest. This woman is someone entirely different; a ‘deeper’ person, young, very green and afraid but not naïve, weak or fragile. The graphics are smooth and fluid with not a load screen in sight, the visuals are very good and well polished with lots of nice scenery the audio keeps pace with the action. The controls scheme is natural and lets you make the most of each area without having to manhandle your controller as long as you pay attention and keep up with Lara, as direction changes rapidly and when you least expect it. The pace is quick most of the time and not forgiving if you get distracted off screen. The puzzle element is not as strong as previous games; it is more obvious and not nearly as complex. Character upgrading in the form of weapon and equipment upgrades is measured, evenly paced and eminently more enjoyable with stealth or shock and awe assault options in almost every situation dependant on playing style. The games storyline is in tune with earlier games, carrying the archaeological/ supernatural elements forward well and while not the obvious highlight it does make you curious as Lara self narrates as you ride on her shoulder. The developers have taken the best elements of several of the best games in this genre and blended them into this game to make it utterly an enthralling experience. That said the game is serious, and for more mature games, should Lara die or fall you see her expire in a very gruesome and confronting manner each time this game pulls no punches and is well worth the money. Expand
  74. Mar 8, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a brilliantly crafted action/adventure game. Offering a directed experience, Tomb Raider is very cinematic, but it also features large environments within that allow you to explore, collect things, unlock pathways to new areas, etc. in the vein of the Metroidvania games. This is a very polished and beautiful game that deserves your attention. My one complaint are someTomb Raider is a brilliantly crafted action/adventure game. Offering a directed experience, Tomb Raider is very cinematic, but it also features large environments within that allow you to explore, collect things, unlock pathways to new areas, etc. in the vein of the Metroidvania games. This is a very polished and beautiful game that deserves your attention. My one complaint are some annoying quick-time events. Expand
  75. Mar 5, 2013
    Well thought out, fantastic combat (finally!), engaging story and a cool and interesting female lead character. This tomb raider delves further than any other tomb raider before it and I've played them all. Though I have a soft spot for tomb raider 2 and Legend, this really is better in every sense of the word. Gone are the glitches, the shoddy lock on combat and 2D Lara that there moreWell thought out, fantastic combat (finally!), engaging story and a cool and interesting female lead character. This tomb raider delves further than any other tomb raider before it and I've played them all. Though I have a soft spot for tomb raider 2 and Legend, this really is better in every sense of the word. Gone are the glitches, the shoddy lock on combat and 2D Lara that there more for teen aged boys wet dream and than a character. The background characters are a little sketchy (excluding Roth), but they don't feature too heavily so it's a minor complaint. The only really negative thing about this game is the multiplayer, which although using the same system as the single player handles differently and seems very in favour of one team. U also die FAR too easily. It's really disappointing cause it could be good fun. Luckily the single player is so good, the game doesn't suffer. Expand
  76. Mar 6, 2013
    After finishing this game today and playing all night the past two nights i have to say this is a great game. The gameplay is great, the graphics are excellent, the exploring alone could keep you playing for hours, does a fantastic job making you fee like you're in the game, this is just one well made game. The only flaws it has is compared to other third person games the combat system canAfter finishing this game today and playing all night the past two nights i have to say this is a great game. The gameplay is great, the graphics are excellent, the exploring alone could keep you playing for hours, does a fantastic job making you fee like you're in the game, this is just one well made game. The only flaws it has is compared to other third person games the combat system can be frustrating at times but that's the only thing i think could have been improved. But overall was a great experience and enjoyed it very much! 9 out of 10! Expand
  77. Mar 5, 2013
    I do like this game. but the puzzle element has disappeared. I rem the old games being in awe at the size of the rooms. I just dont get that feeling on this game. production values excellent graphics excellent. the music misses the catchy tomb raider theme. picky yes. the game play is easy even on hard. steady progress is always made without dying. I must admit I enjoyed underworld moreI do like this game. but the puzzle element has disappeared. I rem the old games being in awe at the size of the rooms. I just dont get that feeling on this game. production values excellent graphics excellent. the music misses the catchy tomb raider theme. picky yes. the game play is easy even on hard. steady progress is always made without dying. I must admit I enjoyed underworld more than this even though the graphic etc are better on the new game.ccertainly for the next generation gamer that prefer little thought in their and like fast paced gaming then tomb raider is ideal. I do like the new Lara croft. games is still linear but in my opinion miles better than farcry 3 which lacked emotion poor visual. and by far for me the biggest let down. but then again I've been playing games for just over 30 years. I still enjoy my gaming but it has developed to suite the younger generation. I score tomb raider 8.5/10 Expand
  78. Mar 9, 2013
    First let me start by saying I have been a huge tomb raider fan all the way back to its beginnings in 96 So I may be a little biased in my rating But never has a game had me on the edge of my seat for the entire campaign like this game has. I was very nervious that with this reboot tomb raider would lose its way and alienate it's core fans like myself After Playing this game I canFirst let me start by saying I have been a huge tomb raider fan all the way back to its beginnings in 96 So I may be a little biased in my rating But never has a game had me on the edge of my seat for the entire campaign like this game has. I was very nervious that with this reboot tomb raider would lose its way and alienate it's core fans like myself After Playing this game I can truely say this game has not only stayed true to its roots but expanded upon them and for a die hard fan like me I could not be more happy I really hope this is the begging of many more games like this from this series. Go do yourself a favor and give this title a try I promise you will be amazed by the grafix story and gameplay Expand
  79. Apr 16, 2013
    Having barely played Tomb Raider games in the past, I was very interested to see a reboot of the franchise that runs an origin story. This made it easy for me to decide to jump in and play an entire game to the end and see how it turned out. This Tomb Raider, which takes several cues from the best games of today, is absolutely fantastic. Easily one of the most cinematic titles I've everHaving barely played Tomb Raider games in the past, I was very interested to see a reboot of the franchise that runs an origin story. This made it easy for me to decide to jump in and play an entire game to the end and see how it turned out. This Tomb Raider, which takes several cues from the best games of today, is absolutely fantastic. Easily one of the most cinematic titles I've ever played. The camera angles and treacherous environments all give a bit of a white-knuckle experience that I find more and more rare in games these days. I haven't embraced the multiplayer yet, but I bought this game for the story line and the single-player experience. I am very happy I did and look forward to what this franchise has to offer going forward. Expand
  80. Mar 26, 2013
    Gaming doesn't get much better than this. Awesome graphics, nice and interesting story and superb gameplay. The only thing I can complain about would be the lenght, but that's always the case with exceptional games they always tend to be too short.
  81. Jun 24, 2013
    As not being a fan of previous Tomb Raiders, I gave this a shot as it was a reboot of the crappy stuff previously released. Overall, it's good. The collectibles arn't crazy hard to locate, the upgrade trees are extensive, and the combat system isn't bad with plenty of options. Definately worth a play.
  82. Mar 9, 2013
    Many people have dismissed this game saying it is nothing like classic Tomb Raider, well if you go back and play the original Playstation games you will see the gameplay is stiff and dated. What Crystal Dynamics have done with this reboot is bring the game and character of Lara Croft into the 21st century with style and gravitas. Lara is a much more believable character this time around,Many people have dismissed this game saying it is nothing like classic Tomb Raider, well if you go back and play the original Playstation games you will see the gameplay is stiff and dated. What Crystal Dynamics have done with this reboot is bring the game and character of Lara Croft into the 21st century with style and gravitas. Lara is a much more believable character this time around, starting as a frightened castaway she grows and becomes a hardened survivor. The game play is solid and the shooting mechanics are some of if not the most enjoyable third person shooter controls I've played. It would have been nicer to have more Tombs to explore, but as a new starting point Crystal Dynamics have hit all the right notes. Definitely worth a purchase. Expand
  83. Jul 9, 2013
    Tomb Raider is outstanding. One of the greatest games I have played. It was a very memorable experience and I am looking forward to future Tomb Raider releases after this reboot.
  84. Nov 18, 2013
    A good reboot of the Tomb Raider series, everything was good apart from the ending which was very anti-climatic. Still the new cinematic style and personality that they have given the game makes it into a very enjoyable experience.
  85. Mar 9, 2013
    TOMB RAIDER! Who knew? This is one game that I didn't think would impress me and it did! There are a few issues with the game but for the most part it is a wonderful piece of work. Thanks guys at square enix and all. The only part of it I don't like is the button mashing sequences that don't really work well for PC format because of the layout of the keyboard. It's just too difficult toTOMB RAIDER! Who knew? This is one game that I didn't think would impress me and it did! There are a few issues with the game but for the most part it is a wonderful piece of work. Thanks guys at square enix and all. The only part of it I don't like is the button mashing sequences that don't really work well for PC format because of the layout of the keyboard. It's just too difficult to execute command button mashing in sequence that quickly without missing a keystroke or making a mistake. Which in turn makes the final battle almost impossible because there are WAY too many enemies coming at you from multiple directions and the button mashing sequences must be done "in sequence" upon command. OK, fine! It's just not that EASY! I don't know if I will be able to finish the game due to the difficulty in mashing the buttons in sequence. Of course, in time that may change.
    Other than that and the fact that the game is somewhat short, approximately 30 40 hours of gameplay, the game was well thought out and put together. The video is grand! The details are better! The story a bit far fetched but it's a video game that plays as almost real life. AWESOME! I won't get into technical details but like I said there are a few minor issues with the game but I still managed to give it a 9. I gave XCOM a 6 and SKYRIM a 7.5. I have heard some recent news that iNVIDIA display adapters are suffering from performance issues, they can't get it up! Well, I'm happy to say that I have an AMD Radeon HD 6870 video adapter and it performed flawlessly! Don't see any trailing or flashing, it's great! I had a lot of fun playing this game for the first time!
    Anyway, you gamers out there in Tomb Raider land, the one's with the robot fingers, let me know how you fare with the button mashing. I am usually very hypercritical with games but I really think this is a good one! At least I don't feel like I've wasted $54.00 on a game. Is it worth the money for maybe 40 hours of gaming? This is one of the few where I'd say YES! Check it out!!!!!
  86. Mar 18, 2013
    I'm shocked to say that I really like this game. In case you're wondering why, I've never been a fan of the Tomb Raider series, and when previews of this game started cropping up I immediately wrote it off as an Uncharted clone and had no intentions of playing it. Boy was I wrong. Gameplay, Story, Characters: it's all there, and it's very well done. Having an island that you can traverseI'm shocked to say that I really like this game. In case you're wondering why, I've never been a fan of the Tomb Raider series, and when previews of this game started cropping up I immediately wrote it off as an Uncharted clone and had no intentions of playing it. Boy was I wrong. Gameplay, Story, Characters: it's all there, and it's very well done. Having an island that you can traverse at your will (once unlocking areas) and return to in order to get out of reach items with new skills is just genius for this type of game. Upgrading weapons, unlocking new skills/abilities, and wandering off the beaten path to explore caves and work puzzles has never been better. Action sequences come in spurts and are violent and chaotic, and perfectly capture the nature of this game. This is exactly the type of game play that Uncharted 4 needs to succeed. Play this game buy it, rent it, borrow it, do whatever you have to, but if you enjoy action games, this one is definitely for you. Expand
  87. Mar 10, 2013
    There are very few games that I would consider worthy of a '10', but Tomb Raider is one of them.
    The main reason is that it fully accomplishes what it sets out to do in just about every respect. The gameplay, while not necessarily groundbreaking, innovates in all the right places-- from the flawless movement mechanics that encourage fluid exploration, to the solid 3rd-person combat mechanics that does away with traditional 'press a button to lock onto cover' system, to the almost invisible camera that seamlessly transitions from close up claustrophobic spaces to expansive vistas. The innovation here is subtle but the developers seem to have made all the right decisions.
    Along with the exploration that players have come to expect from traditional platformers, they've added RPG elements in the form of skill and weapon upgrades that not only add depth and meaning to exploration, but serve to support the narrative by making Lara Croft gradually become closer to the tough character she will ultimately grow into.
    The combat mechanics are tight and easy to pick up quickly, aided by careful level design that challenges the player while never being frustrating-- something that many games seem to forget to do properly.
    The auto-cover system makes the combat feel refreshingly different from games like Uncharted or Gears of War since the player is always able to fluidly move between cover without ever feeling stuck. The combat spaces tend to encourage vertical movement as well, rewarding players for well-timed jumps and dodges and making Lara seem that much cooler for developing her climbing skills. Also, the enemy AI was surprisingly smart-- playing the same combat scenario by 'restarting from last checkpoint' made me realize that there are so many ways to approach combat. Enemies do such a great job of adapting and reacting to your combat style that you can tell the designers spent a lot of effort to make each setup play many different ways.
    The environments are harsh and unforgiving yet hauntingly beautiful-- whether you're underground or atop a mountain cliff side, there just so much to look at that it never gets stale. This also really made me want to keep playing just to see what was next.
    While I didn't love all the characters (particularly some of the voice work on some lesser supporting characters), nothing stood out as jarringly bad and the story actually kept me interested to play to the end. It's helpful to note that finding journal entries and other artifacts really helps fill in the holes of the story. In other words, don't just skip everything and rush to the finish line-- it'll be worth the time to listen to backstory.
    Lastly, the audio is amazing. Not just the score, which is beautiful, but every little thing in the world makes just the right sound and it really immersed me in the experience.
    Lastly, give multiplayer a chance! I've only played a small amount but there's actually enough innovation there to make it feel unique and fun. Interesting game modes, unique weaponry, setting traps, and fun team-based gameplay are just a few things that will make me play some more for sure.
  88. Mar 10, 2013
  89. Mar 12, 2013
    I'm going to keep this short and sweet. This is the most enjoyable campaign experience I've had in a LONG time. And I've played all the top rated titles. I used to play the old games, and while they were good for their time they had their flaws. This is my favorite Tomb Raider by FAR. Great smooth game mechanics and handling. Very good graphics and story. Nice balance of fighting,I'm going to keep this short and sweet. This is the most enjoyable campaign experience I've had in a LONG time. And I've played all the top rated titles. I used to play the old games, and while they were good for their time they had their flaws. This is my favorite Tomb Raider by FAR. Great smooth game mechanics and handling. Very good graphics and story. Nice balance of fighting, exploring and puzzles. Honestly this is the first single player campaign in years I couldn't stop playing because it was so engrossing. Definitely go buy this game if you like to be immersed in a journey. It deserves a metacritic rating in the 90s for sure, Walking Dead got a 92 and it doesn't hold a candle to Tomb Raider. 10 out of 10! Expand
  90. Mar 10, 2013
    One of the best video games of last years... everything is great except a few of parts for upgrade. Therefore in the end the only variant is to kill deer’s and hares. Somehow it not humanly
  91. Mar 10, 2013
    This is my first review on here but I've played a large number over the years and always refer here for real user reviews. Tomb raider is a fantastic game. The cut scenes are often so well done that sometimes you are not sure if you are controlling the character or if it is a short cut scene. The environments although dark at times are very fun and interesting to work your way through.This is my first review on here but I've played a large number over the years and always refer here for real user reviews. Tomb raider is a fantastic game. The cut scenes are often so well done that sometimes you are not sure if you are controlling the character or if it is a short cut scene. The environments although dark at times are very fun and interesting to work your way through. I would compare the gameplay so much to my favorite franchise with the batman arkham series. The use of different weapons and tools opens the world up throughout the game so that you have many opportunities to continue to explore. The mechanics are great once you get used to them. The only problem I had was with the timing of when you are supposed to hit the counter buttons. Other than that it has the great first person qualities of the best games, some decent although pointless customizing of skills (you have to upgrade almost everything before you open up the final tier of skills), and exploring of a simple open work although it is not fully open.

The only real complaint that I have is that the intensity goes from very high to very low. The moving over ledges and cliffs is nice but did not seem to feel like I had to be very skilled to manage it. There is little by way of timing with different buttons. You have to try this game. From the start, you are thrown into a fun story!
  92. Mar 11, 2013
    Tomb raider reboot is outstandingly done. This game delivers intense cinematic feel which helps the immersion and compliments the experience. Encountered a graphics during the large combat scene but this does not take for the overall experience. If you still wonder about picking this game up. Take this suggestion. Its worth it. Thank you for your time.
  93. Mar 11, 2013
    Long time veteran of the medium Lara Croft is no stranger to adventure, but in Crystal Dynamics new origin tale, we aim to achieve a closer relation to the newly redesigned heroine, and simultaneously bring a game long known for its puzzles and adventurous platforming into the new age of video game storytelling, all without sacrificing the tomb raiding the game built it’s name upon. DoesLong time veteran of the medium Lara Croft is no stranger to adventure, but in Crystal Dynamics new origin tale, we aim to achieve a closer relation to the newly redesigned heroine, and simultaneously bring a game long known for its puzzles and adventurous platforming into the new age of video game storytelling, all without sacrificing the tomb raiding the game built it’s name upon. Does this new Lara possess the ability to tell a hero’s tale and maintain the things that make Tomb Raider what it is? Well what came first, the chicken, or the egg?

No, we’re not getting into a lesson in Poultry. The reason i say that is the immediate feeling I got from the new Tomb Raider, much as I expected, was distinctly Uncharted. Of course, as anyone who has played Uncharted can attest to, it clearly took a heavy influence from at least the general outline of a Tomb Raider game, and added the flash and story that was needed to bring it into this generation of games. How did it feel like Uncharted than? Well Uncharted is the only game I’ve played in which it truly feels like you’re playing through an action/adventure film, and while sometimes taking its narrative hand a bit far and being criticized for forcing you along a designated path, some story’s are best told in that manner, and I get the feeling early on that Lara’s transformation from everyday woman into hardened survivor is best told in that very way.

From the games opening sequence it is clear it is going for a feeling of immersion. To say honestly that for the first time since the original Bioshock, I was blissfully unaware that I was in control of the character, and sat there for a moment wondering why nothing more was happening, makes me happy as a game opening can make me. Not because it’s a silly way of showing how impressive their in engine cinematics are, which even running on the consoles near decade old hardware are stunningly seamless. But rather for the fact that it truly feels as if it is a baton pass from narrator to player, which is rarely handled so well in this sort of affair. The island is also brilliantly well designed, feeling as if based on actual existing rock formations for how organically beautiful it all feels when the waves crash upon them, and how casually lara squeezes through tight spaces that in most games would be a convenient gap in the mile long rock wall. While not entirely open world, it never feels as if I am being forced on my path, but rather that I am compelled to continue that direction for honest curiosities sake.

I need to get my major gripe out of the way, because while initially jarring, doesn’t negatively impact the game experience I got in the end. Crystal Dynatics made it clear that this is the tale of Lara’s transformation into a survivor- but the gameplay takes a stark contrasting twist a short way into the game when you go from someone who struggles to handle the thought of murdering an Animal for the sake of survival, to someone who, seemingly without much thought, can blow up a barrel, igniting a man into flames until he ceases to live, and continue on her journey without hesitation. Again, while initially jarring to make such a leap, I understand from a gameplay perspective why they felt the need for not only a decent enemy population, but also a good variety of options for personal or environmental takedowns, and it does not take away from the fun i had with the game. That said, I do sadly feel that while fun is the reason I play games, I love a solid execution of storytelling, and the contrast in narrative against gameplay in this case does nothing but damage the experience i had feeling like i was becoming a survivor.

The general platforming is a ton of fun, which is good because the majority of the game consists of trying to figure out the best way to traverse each environment to get where you need to get to, using the tools you’ve been given. This is truly the high point of the game. Uncharted had a bad habit of assuming its players are a bit more on the casual side, which i understand for a certain accessibility standpoint. Tomb Raider pulls no punches at making you think as if you were in Lara’s shoes, holding Lara’s tools, trying to navigate your environment in the safest and most efficient way possible, though they are rarely the same route. The feeling you get when you look back and realize how far you’ve traveled, in awe of how on earth you got there or could ever begin to get back down, is near unrivaled.

While taking away from the notion of someone truly being out of their element, it needs to be said that the combat system built here is both fun and visceral, and although the first few times you see yourself go down in a stunning exposition of violence may put a few people off at first, it does make you feel the impact as bit more. Avoiding such... Full Review: goo.gl/JkYXf
  94. Mar 11, 2013
    Without question, this is the best entry in the series. It controls smoothly and the action is exciting and intense. Camille Luddington gives the most emotional performance as Lara Croft so far. I've ignored the Tomb Raider series since Chronicles but this brought me back into it and now I can't wait for Square Enix's continuation of the series. I hope it remains in their hands for a longWithout question, this is the best entry in the series. It controls smoothly and the action is exciting and intense. Camille Luddington gives the most emotional performance as Lara Croft so far. I've ignored the Tomb Raider series since Chronicles but this brought me back into it and now I can't wait for Square Enix's continuation of the series. I hope it remains in their hands for a long time.

There are flaws, like the plot and especially the antagonists being fairly weak. However, I overlooked these issues in gratitude for finally getting a Tomb Raider game that didn't collapse due to horrible controls and muddy graphics that made solving puzzles nearly impossible.
  95. Mar 11, 2013
    The new Tomb Raider is amazing. I am not a big fan of third-person games in general. However, this game is incredibly fun to play and is very accessible if you're more of a first-person shooter type of player. The action and story are very engaging and you'll find it hard to put down once you've familiarized yourself with all that's possible. The learning curve is very short which meansThe new Tomb Raider is amazing. I am not a big fan of third-person games in general. However, this game is incredibly fun to play and is very accessible if you're more of a first-person shooter type of player. The action and story are very engaging and you'll find it hard to put down once you've familiarized yourself with all that's possible. The learning curve is very short which means you'll platforming across massive environments for hard to find treasure and embedding your climbing axe into the skulls of those less fortunate very quickly. This game is very violent, and there is something strangely invigorating about dodging a melee attack and stabbing your enemies knee with an arrow, so you can lay the final blow to their head the cut scenes are fantastic. The mechanics are great, and I have no bad things to say about this game. If you've enjoyed any of the newest Batman games I highly recommend you pick this up. Potential Game of the Year. Expand
  96. Mar 11, 2013
    A masterpiece. It certainly beats my expectation over my extremely high expectation on games reboot. It is easily the best game of the year 2013. can't wait to have a second game from Crystal Dynamics.
  97. Dec 5, 2013
    Game was just plain excellent, Firstly to talk about the little things, your free running skills have been polished wonderfully and respond pretty much exactly as you intended the majority of the time, salvaging and upgrading weapons and skills is easy and fun but engaging enough for you to want to do it. Collectibles are manageable and don't just feel like a time waste to be completedGame was just plain excellent, Firstly to talk about the little things, your free running skills have been polished wonderfully and respond pretty much exactly as you intended the majority of the time, salvaging and upgrading weapons and skills is easy and fun but engaging enough for you to want to do it. Collectibles are manageable and don't just feel like a time waste to be completed after the game is over and the enemies attack with real intent and different strategies. The shooter and combat are well honed and the finishers and deaths are brutal but engaging all the while driven by an intense and riveting storyline made immersive through heart pumping quicktime events. I loved every moment of this game. (did not touch the multiplayer cannot comment) Expand
  98. Jun 23, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a really cool game where you play as an awesome and badass woman and she gets to kill all men on an island.

Great game. Ten out of Ten.
  99. Nov 12, 2014
    This is the Tomb Raider game they always needed to make. Amazing story, amazing characters (especially Lara), and amazing gameplay.

My only main criticism of the game is the tombs themselves. Tombs should have been incredibly expansive puzzle-fests. Instead, they're very short, single-puzzle distractions. Very disappointing. Some of the scripted events are lacking, but otherwise

Some of the scripted events are lacking, but otherwise the gameplay is phenomenal. Although, I do think it focuses too much on action and too little on puzzle solving. Hopefully they'll fix that in the sequel.

It was honestly a toss-up between an "8" and a "9", but ultimately I choose "9" because I didn't feel it's action-oriented gameplay should detract from the score, even though I think Tomb Raider should have more puzzle elements than action.
  100. Aug 3, 2015
    I'm a fan of Tomb Raider and have played all the games, since the first one of 1996 to TR 2013.
    I saw the trailer and obviously noticed that it was totally different from the previous TR and I thought it would have let me down. Finally I bought it and finishing it twice I can say that despite the differences, I have enjoyed it. Graphic is very good in my opinion, the story is interesting and the only lack is that the gameplay could be a little longer and tombs larger and more difficult. Moreover in the old games Lara was an expert since the beginning while in this game she starts as a naive adventurer who is afraid of everything, and then becomes a kind of ruthless warrior. She grows up during the game and can also improve her skills and upgrade her weapons and I like it. I'm looking forward to playing the sequel!
  101. Mar 6, 2013

1. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2013
    The new Tomb Raider is not as revolutionary as the original from 1996 but this reboot is the most mature, interesting and friendly entry to the series. For me it is Uncharted on steroids, a game that’s better in every aspect than Nathan Drake’s adventures. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.52]
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a fine game, but something essential feels like it has been left out. Lara seems to have found the map, but missed the treasure.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    Tomb Raider is the second best Uncharted game behind Uncharted 2. While it gives up a lot of its adventure identity fans have come to know and love, the end result is still a fantastic game that shouldn’t be missed by any action fan. If Crystal Dynamics can inject more adventure elements into a potential sequel, it would be a pretty interesting proposition indeed.