7.0

1. Mar 19, 2012
    Great concept, terrible execution. If another developer latched onto this universe, it could go far. As it is, this game is horrible. Avoid unless for some reason you find yourself with an excessive amount of time and a high tolerance to bad design.
  2. Mar 3, 2011
    The combat is sticky
    They got Baldur's character WAAAY Wrong, Baldur was the god of sympophy and being a total **** and Space-armour, seriously?
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    An ambitious action RPG mixing cyberpunk and Norse mythology (of all things!) that suffers from a very short campaign ending in a cliffhanger, simple and monotonous combat, and enough cyberbabble and testosterone to cause a headache. Not entirely hopeless, as grinding and looting over multiple playthroughs might get fun but on whole, mostly a below average big budget disappointment.
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    Oh boy.....Too Human I had such high hopes for with the interesting mythology combined with the futuristic cyber tech style and a company in Silicon Knights that I respect. I like the idea of the Diablo like loot system and the customization options sounded good, but after actually playing it you immediately realize that this game is virtually unplayable and quite honestly has the worst controls i have ever seen in a 3rd person action game. I was able to get passed the fact that the graphics were very sub par (graphics are an overrated aspect of games, I place gameplay and story first) but i couldn't get past the "broken" controls and the "broken" camera these two aspects were just unforgiving and i'm amazed that SN did not realize this at least halfway through with play testing and focus groups and revamp the system. I know they were struggling to integrate the unreal 2 engine and this was in part the reason for the bad graphics and the delays but that has nothing to do with controls and camera and could have been forgiven. The game might of had a cool story and may of had a great loot system but i'll never know because I couldn't get past 40min of the game and i usually give a game at least an hour to give it a chance but honestly you know in the first 5min that to play this game you either have to be a completely clueless or new gamer and not know any better. Such a shame that SN wasted such a promising idea and a great name (Too Human) on what i would describe as frankly a mess. I as much as anyone was pumping this game up in '07 and early '08 before it came out, it is funny i bought Too Human, Fallout3, and Fable2 at the same time thinking I just bought three all time great games and it turns out that fable2 was one of the best games and Fallout3 WAS the best game i ever played and Too Human was epic in comparison, it was an epic disaster and the utter antithesis of the other two. Sadder yet the game was anticipated so highly that it was pegged to be a trilogy even before it came out (how arrogant is that) but needless to say the series ends at one. I don't normally rip games because i realize what most don't, that every major console game that comes out was a labor of love and took blood sweat and tears to make even the bad games have many talented people and many good ideas in them but for whatever reason it doesn't come together. It isn't easy and MANY things have to come together and work to green light a game and release on major publication so it is sad that a couple bad major aspects of a game can trump many good ideas and taint certain talented people. I know Silicon Knights has some talented people and let's hope they can shine in the future. Expand
  5. May 12, 2011
    I really, really, really wanted to like Too Human. It had a lot of elements that interested me, mixing Viking mythology with science fiction seemed interesting and new. Then I actually played the game and found it to be the worst game I had ever played. Mapping the attack button to the right thumb stick was just idiotic. It would have been better if say... you moved the thumbstick towards an enemy and you attacked that enemy instead of leaping somewhere to attack something off screen. I would have felt better paying someone else to play this game so I could watch because the story is quite good. It just gets ruined by every aspect of game play. Expand
  6. Apr 14, 2013
    Too Human was the first game I ever bought for Xbox 360 and damn, was I scarred for life. This game was incredibly bad and was probably the worst games I have ever played. Although, this game did have some neat mechanics that didn't really expand. For example, the different types of guns were randomly generated but I didn't actually get a variety throughout the game. The story would be the biggest let down, it only took me 5 hours to complete! I took it back to the game store after 2 weeks of buying it because I was so disappointed, what a way to start with the Xbox 360.

Melson97
  7. Oct 13, 2013
    A bad game. A bunch of various kinds placed together in one videogame video game videogame form a soup taste bad. A gameplay bored after the first hour of play and a plot drab help to sink into oblivion this title. The original setting is the only thing that saves this play from the full failure. 10 years of development and 60 million dollars wasted.

Too Human is also not a good action game. While it deserves some applause for a reasonable translation of PC classic Diablo's mouse-driven controls, its reliance on the right analog stick as a means for attack only works at the most basic level.
  2. Too Human is about players sculpting their ideal killing machines. If you enjoy leveling and looting, it's worth a look. If you only have a moderate interest, Too Human's aggravating gameplay and irreparable plot won't deliver many thrills. [Sept 2008, p.104]
  3. If wading knee deep in the dead to get at a piece of armour that’s 5% better than what you’re currently wearing isn’t the kind of adventuring that excites you, then you’re in trouble, because Too Human is exactly this type of game. Kill, loot, compare, equip, repeat.