Too Human Xbox 360

7.0

1. Aug 17, 2011
    A much better game than it was given credit for. Got this when it first came out and I still play it now. Combo meter mechanic is interesting, great story, good community. Downside is lack of variety in enemies and game is too short. Would love to see a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.
  2. May 30, 2013
    If you don't like this game, that's fine. Just please give me a more compelling case than the controls were bad. Too Human is a nice refreshing game experience and very enjoyable. As I've said, people hate it because of the analog stick controls, but I think they're necessary because of how many combat type there are. Not to mention, it saves us from pulling up a menu to select our skillsIf you don't like this game, that's fine. Just please give me a more compelling case than the controls were bad. Too Human is a nice refreshing game experience and very enjoyable. As I've said, people hate it because of the analog stick controls, but I think they're necessary because of how many combat type there are. Not to mention, it saves us from pulling up a menu to select our skills from (Mass Effect). My only gripe with this game is it's really short for an RPG. But, it still has co-op so playing with a buddy is all the more entertaining. Bottom line, it's a great game and you should go and buy it. R.I.P Silicon Knights Expand
  3. Dec 19, 2015
    I'M AN IDIOT FOR SKIPPING &'HATING ON THIS GAME...

--Guys,Gals,Haters,master race'rs,Xbox hatin PSN fans etc,,,ask yourself WHY you skipped this title... I skipped it cause everyone hated it on it soo bad that I just assumed it was awful trash.. ---The games story is worth the playthroughnalone...but I am str8^ having a blast...I took a break from Diablo3,GTAV
    I'M AN IDIOT FOR SKIPPING &'HATING ON THIS GAME...

---The games story is worth the playthroughnalone...but I am str8^ having a blast...I took a break from Diablo3,GTAV Online,Fallout4,Wasteland2' & ARK..I didn't take a break cause I planned to, but because I'm sucked into TOO HUMAN...

--Bottom Line - you owe it to yourself to have this experience.. I did t even realize I owned it...
    (Funny how games will accumulate when you stop trading them in to gamestop & start gobbling up Buy 1 get two free used games...in the end I retired my 360 with 130 games..all because they offered my $4. For Dead Island(just like the commercial) = so I stopped trading em in & when I looked up at my 360 & PS3 hpgame shelf it made me feel awesome & it helped me decide which ne whale to play since I had way more titles then I played.....not arrogance, friendly opinion....I couldn't afford any $60 games,...my whole stash was from sales and GameStop trade in interceptions in the parking lot...$50 for 20 used games..deal! And TOO HUMAN musta been in one of those deals cause there it was in my storage box as I was packing away my 360.....
  4. Apr 25, 2016
    This is one of the Xbox 360's hidden treasures that got unnecessary hate when it was first released. Combat is different but it's games like this that made the PS3 and Xbox 360 such great consoles. I wished treasures like this were made today but developers no longer want to take a chance on making something different that is why the current generation has so few good games and hardlyThis is one of the Xbox 360's hidden treasures that got unnecessary hate when it was first released. Combat is different but it's games like this that made the PS3 and Xbox 360 such great consoles. I wished treasures like this were made today but developers no longer want to take a chance on making something different that is why the current generation has so few good games and hardly anything new and different. That's why we get nothing but Souls, AC, CoD, Battlefield, and Street Fighter games made over and over. Expand
  5. Mar 30, 2011

Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place.
  6. Mar 30, 2011
    Had this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learnHad this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learn without a tutorial (there isnt one in the game) and the in game death sequence should be skipable. However the game makes up for most of these with fun addicting gameplay, much replayablity, and online. Since the game only has its fan base still playing online you might have trouble finding a game however when you do get online with someone its a great play team work is key and you have alot of fun. Rune quests make up for alot of replayablity and once you complete the quest and have the rune equipped it gives you stat boots. The game has much depth in it even though it doesnt appear to be much at all besides a dungeon crawler with loot. Which by the way the game combines loot-whoredom and dungeon crawling perfectly. Oh have i mentioned the story for this game is awesome! I mean cyberpunk on norse myth (VIKINGS!!!) i wont go to deep into it to not reveal spoilers xp. Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place Expand
  7. Oct 19, 2012
    Too Human is a game like not other. With gameplay that sets it apart from everything else, the soundtrack to set the mood, and a beautiful atheistic look; Too Human is a game that is necessary to play. The loot to find makes this game really addicting too. The story of course is a high point for this game. Over all Too Human is a game that took a chance and it deserves the right to atToo Human is a game like not other. With gameplay that sets it apart from everything else, the soundtrack to set the mood, and a beautiful atheistic look; Too Human is a game that is necessary to play. The loot to find makes this game really addicting too. The story of course is a high point for this game. Over all Too Human is a game that took a chance and it deserves the right to at least be rented. Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    It's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with aIt's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with a Nordic mythology twist pretty awesome concept. I would have rated it higher had it been longer I finished it in a day and a half. It felt much too short.

Anyone who played anything along the lines of the original Resident Evil games will not have difficulty figuring out the controls and camera angles. It's actually quite easy.
  9. Sep 27, 2011
    A big sleeper hit!! If you can find this cheap in a discount bin you will be very, very happy as the game has a lot of replayability. I have 3 level 50 characters and still enjoy the game. I think all the all the negative reviews are coming from a couple people as they all sound the same.
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    Hands-down, one of the greatest RPG games ever published. This the community got so psyched for a second game, only to be let down. (Please make that second game)
  11. Apr 28, 2016
    It is painful to remind myself that Too Human was and is an excellent game. It is some of the most co-op fun I had last generation. It's criminal that a game this fun with such a fresh story game-play and setting was lambasted by delusional haters and ignorant critics for no reason at all. Because of them, all those people who played and loved the game and saw the potential of what itIt is painful to remind myself that Too Human was and is an excellent game. It is some of the most co-op fun I had last generation. It's criminal that a game this fun with such a fresh story game-play and setting was lambasted by delusional haters and ignorant critics for no reason at all. Because of them, all those people who played and loved the game and saw the potential of what it could have become will never see another one. Expand
  12. NickF
    Sep 25, 2009
    It seems as if most ratings for this game were done with little actual play. I haven't spent over 50 hours playing this game and I have only enjoyed it the more I played it. Yes the controls are not in a standard layout. Having said that, once the gamer actually puts the time in to actually learn the control scheme, it becomes a dream to handle. Leveling up is not overly complicated It seems as if most ratings for this game were done with little actual play. I haven't spent over 50 hours playing this game and I have only enjoyed it the more I played it. Yes the controls are not in a standard layout. Having said that, once the gamer actually puts the time in to actually learn the control scheme, it becomes a dream to handle. Leveling up is not overly complicated yet still provides some tough choices for the player as to what direction they wish to take their character. Admittedly, knowing some Old Norse mythology will really help people to understand the direction the game is taking. Also, if the player sits through the initial developer screens they will be greeted with an excellent cinematic depicting a very important piece of the story puzzle. I myself missed it until I left the room on start up and came back to find this gorgeous scene occurring. My only complaint was the camera system. While the camera can be controlled via the D-pad, certain areas cause the camera to be stolen away from the players control in an attempt to create a more cinematic effect during certain battle scenes. Often, this camera angle is not conducive to properly controlling the character. All in all, the game is excellent, especially after the first play through, using your well leveled character through the next run. Expand
  13. JohnT.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Too Human is a fantastic addition to Silicon Knights epic lineup, and an addictive must-have for an action-RPG fan.
  14. NoelH.
    Aug 20, 2008
    If the Diablo series, Titan Quest, or World of Warcraft appeals to you, then there is much fun to be found with this title. The control scheme takes a bit of adjustment, but it makes sense in no time. I have no regrets about buying this game.
  15. TheDank
    Aug 22, 2008
    This game doesn't deserve the poor reviews it's been receiving. It's highly playable! Sure there are issues but none of which make the game unplayable. Most reviews claim it is repetitive. Well I've got news for you all! Every game out there in some way or form is repetitive in nature for instance; Doom 3, Halo 3, Gears of War, Resistance Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid This game doesn't deserve the poor reviews it's been receiving. It's highly playable! Sure there are issues but none of which make the game unplayable. Most reviews claim it is repetitive. Well I've got news for you all! Every game out there in some way or form is repetitive in nature for instance; Doom 3, Halo 3, Gears of War, Resistance Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc. have some degree of repetitiveness. Here is an example Don't get me wrong these are all great games thou. In the end I agree Too Human is not perfect but I really did enjoy and have fun playing this game. It was fun watching Baldur's transformation with each upgrade made towards a cyber-god badass. Expand
  16. JohnH.
    Aug 20, 2008
    Don't believe the anti-hype this is a solid game. It breaks the mold of pigeon hole gaming and does it quite well. Take time to get acquainted with the controls and you'll have a blast.
  17. KevinA.
    Aug 28, 2008
    Simply, amazing. This game is getting unfairly reviewed by the press who are all afraid to give it high marks...try comparing it to Mass Effect. That game had a billion technical flaws...and still got huge review scores. This game was clearly treated differently and was punished for no good reason.
  18. JonB
    Aug 28, 2008
    If you enjoyed Diablo and it's clones and you like a bit of Norse mythology I'd recommend checking this out despite the reviews. I have a feeling the complaints levelled at the game may have come from reviewers that failed to master the funky controls. This game is clearly intended for the more hard core gamers that will take the time to master it's controls and learn the If you enjoyed Diablo and it's clones and you like a bit of Norse mythology I'd recommend checking this out despite the reviews. I have a feeling the complaints levelled at the game may have come from reviewers that failed to master the funky controls. This game is clearly intended for the more hard core gamers that will take the time to master it's controls and learn the strategies needed to deal with the various enemies without taking a Valkyrie ride to Valhalla. So far (I'm in to the 2nd chapter) I haven't had any major issues with the camera. Most of the time I'm sliding around a battlefield and don't really need to "see" my target on screen if I know they are there I move the controller in their direction and slide right to them. My only complaint would be that I HAVE to use ranged attacks at various points. Of course if I ever master the ranged melee attack that may not be such an issue and I understand they need to balance the game for those that actually want to play a ranged character. All in all I'll be playing it through at least once and can see some replay with different classes and some online co-op in my future. Expand
  19. DaveR.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Excellent game, albeit a bit short - I don't know where the bad reviews are coming from.
  20. gk
    Sep 2, 2008
    The story could use some work. And the camera is is a bit wonky. But the depth of this game...from its controls to combos to leveling to customization is pretty unbelievable. I got 10 hours into the game before I realized the potential of how cool and fun this game actually is. Because I didn't take the time to read & understand how to do everything. But once I did, wow! I am The story could use some work. And the camera is is a bit wonky. But the depth of this game...from its controls to combos to leveling to customization is pretty unbelievable. I got 10 hours into the game before I realized the potential of how cool and fun this game actually is. Because I didn't take the time to read & understand how to do everything. But once I did, wow! I am enjoying the hell out of it. I feel as though some of the press didn't take the time to truly get it either. It's a shame really. Expand
  21. MarcusW.
    Sep 8, 2008
    Best co op on 360, wish it was 4 players though. And why the hell does metacritic include garbage reviewers like destructoid on their list? This game should average 7/0 at least.
  22. nathang
    Aug 9, 2009
    I have loved everything silicon knights has put out and this is no exception. The go out on a limb to create something with good stories and personality and all people can do is say its no Diablo. I, frankly am very thankful its not. Diablo was boring. The only fault is having to wait every time you die.
  23. WaitingforSomethinggrand
    Jul 25, 2008
    Solid demo and first in a trilogy. How long has it taken for any company to even approach a game such as Too Human on any console. SK knights took a chance and I hope it pays off in platinum. Loot, frentic combat, skills, upgrades, Co-Op and an interesting story. Try it.. you might like it.
  24. JustinP.
    Aug 12, 2008
    Awesome game
  25. JoshJ.
    Aug 13, 2008
    Great and new experience on the 360. Graphics are good, the colors are vibrant, and the game has so much depth and gameplay it will last you at least 50 hours.
  26. LesB.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Man it is a good game but really has it's flaws hopefully SK fixes them on TH2 and that game blows this one out of the water, still enjoying it though.
  27. JamesM.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Not a great game but still a very good one. Too bad it's getting a bad rep from all the stupid internet hate. A lot of people may miss out on this game because of it.
  28. TimothyC.
    Aug 19, 2008
    People are to hard on this game. the 360 has nothing like it so far and is a very nice game. I found no problem with the targeting system , i think people who have a problem with it need to invest some time into LEARNING how to play this game. This game is about leveling up and collecting kick ass loot and building a toon. Story should be minimal anyways like in D2.
  29. FrankA
    Aug 21, 2008
    Innovative dungeon crawl with multiple play styles and plentiful loot. And best of all plenty of "who wants some" moments.
  30. dudedugan
    Aug 21, 2008
    To all the people who dont get it, your loss! this game is great, its basically a 3D Diablo II meets WOW for the action RPG gamer, great fun and I havent even finished the game yet, I dove headlong into Co-op with a pal and we played 4.5 hours and had a blast

Too Human is also not a good action game. While it deserves some applause for a reasonable translation of PC classic Diablo's mouse-driven controls, its reliance on the right analog stick as a means for attack only works at the most basic level.
  2. Too Human is about players sculpting their ideal killing machines. If you enjoy leveling and looting, it's worth a look. If you only have a moderate interest, Too Human's aggravating gameplay and irreparable plot won't deliver many thrills. [Sept 2008, p.104]
  3. If wading knee deep in the dead to get at a piece of armour that’s 5% better than what you’re currently wearing isn’t the kind of adventuring that excites you, then you’re in trouble, because Too Human is exactly this type of game. Kill, loot, compare, equip, repeat.