Too Human Xbox 360

7.0

1. Mar 27, 2013
    Okay as you can see there are tonnes of good reviews and there is a reason for that. The game is good. I still play this game, and I pre-ordered it. Why should you get it? Firstly this game doesn't hold you hand in any way, you either have to work out what does what or look it up, kind of mad a refreshing change. The combat system is simple yet one of the most effective I have ever used,Okay as you can see there are tonnes of good reviews and there is a reason for that. The game is good. I still play this game, and I pre-ordered it. Why should you get it? Firstly this game doesn't hold you hand in any way, you either have to work out what does what or look it up, kind of mad a refreshing change. The combat system is simple yet one of the most effective I have ever used, and with practice you can cut you way through the multitude of enemies that gather on later levels. The story, should you play that mode, really sets the scene and you'll grow to like the chracters and enjoy their interactions. But this game stands out with the multiplayer, it's a shame that only 2 can play but that's enough and with the right classes side by side nothing will stand in your way. I worked in a game store at the release of the game, and most negative reviews came from those that couldn't play it and didn't understand the combat system.

Don't listen to people, the menu's in game are easy to understand for anyone who plays RPGs or any other MMO style game, Crafting is easy but getting the right runes and such is where the fun lies. You'll be forever swapping to new weapons, trying out new armour and really crafting your character to your style of play. For a novice player you need to stay away from the beserker, they are a little squishy, but every other class is more than playable. Combat relies heavily on knowing who to kill first, going for the wrong target can cause death, take this from someone who has complete every level without dying. This game needs one play through of the demo to get it, and if you do you'll start to love it, if you don't get it then they'll be no enjoyment.

Buy this game, it's dirt cheap and whilst very few people play it you can still get a coop game with a random on a regular basis.
  2. Apr 14, 2013
    Too Human was the first game I ever bought for Xbox 360 and damn, was I scarred for life. This game was incredibly bad and was probably the worst games I have ever played. Although, this game did have some neat mechanics that didn't really expand. For example, the different types of guns were randomly generated but I didn't actually get a variety throughout the game. The story would be theToo Human was the first game I ever bought for Xbox 360 and damn, was I scarred for life. This game was incredibly bad and was probably the worst games I have ever played. Although, this game did have some neat mechanics that didn't really expand. For example, the different types of guns were randomly generated but I didn't actually get a variety throughout the game. The story would be the biggest let down, it only took me 5 hours to complete! I took it back to the game store after 2 weeks of buying it because I was so disappointed, what a way to start with the Xbox 360.

Melson97
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    It's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with aIt's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with a Nordic mythology twist pretty awesome concept. I would have rated it higher had it been longer I finished it in a day and a half. It felt much too short.

Anyone who played anything along the lines of the original Resident Evil games will not have difficulty figuring out the controls and camera angles. It's actually quite easy.
  4. May 30, 2013
    If you don't like this game, that's fine. Just please give me a more compelling case than the controls were bad. Too Human is a nice refreshing game experience and very enjoyable. As I've said, people hate it because of the analog stick controls, but I think they're necessary because of how many combat type there are. Not to mention, it saves us from pulling up a menu to select our skillsIf you don't like this game, that's fine. Just please give me a more compelling case than the controls were bad. Too Human is a nice refreshing game experience and very enjoyable. As I've said, people hate it because of the analog stick controls, but I think they're necessary because of how many combat type there are. Not to mention, it saves us from pulling up a menu to select our skills from (Mass Effect). My only gripe with this game is it's really short for an RPG. But, it still has co-op so playing with a buddy is all the more entertaining. Bottom line, it's a great game and you should go and buy it. R.I.P Silicon Knights Expand
  5. Sep 22, 2014
    For starters I really enjoyed aspects of this game, the storyline was entertaining but ultimately left me feeling short changed, the melee mechanic was very fun and the graphics and environment were captivating. The thing I really can't get past is the rest of the controls are most of the time incredibly frustrating and the camera control is just down right atrocious. It is a game whichFor starters I really enjoyed aspects of this game, the storyline was entertaining but ultimately left me feeling short changed, the melee mechanic was very fun and the graphics and environment were captivating. The thing I really can't get past is the rest of the controls are most of the time incredibly frustrating and the camera control is just down right atrocious. It is a game which holds a lot of promise but doesn't completely execute. I would love to see the franchise re worked into a more finished product. Expand
  6. Jun 30, 2013
    Oh boy.....Too Human I had such high hopes for with the interesting mythology combined with the futuristic cyber tech style and a company in Silicon Knights that I respect. I like the idea of the Diablo like loot system and the customization options sounded good, but after actually playing it you immediately realize that this game is virtually unplayable and quite honestly has the worstOh boy.....Too Human I had such high hopes for with the interesting mythology combined with the futuristic cyber tech style and a company in Silicon Knights that I respect. I like the idea of the Diablo like loot system and the customization options sounded good, but after actually playing it you immediately realize that this game is virtually unplayable and quite honestly has the worst controls i have ever seen in a 3rd person action game. I was able to get passed the fact that the graphics were very sub par (graphics are an overrated aspect of games, I place gameplay and story first) but i couldn't get past the "broken" controls and the "broken" camera these two aspects were just unforgiving and i'm amazed that SN did not realize this at least halfway through with play testing and focus groups and revamp the system. I know they were struggling to integrate the unreal 2 engine and this was in part the reason for the bad graphics and the delays but that has nothing to do with controls and camera and could have been forgiven. The game might of had a cool story and may of had a great loot system but i'll never know because I couldn't get past 40min of the game and i usually give a game at least an hour to give it a chance but honestly you know in the first 5min that to play this game you either have to be a completely clueless or new gamer and not know any better. Such a shame that SN wasted such a promising idea and a great name (Too Human) on what i would describe as frankly a mess. I as much as anyone was pumping this game up in '07 and early '08 before it came out, it is funny i bought Too Human, Fallout3, and Fable2 at the same time thinking I just bought three all time great games and it turns out that fable2 was one of the best games and Fallout3 WAS the best game i ever played and Too Human was epic in comparison, it was an epic disaster and the utter antithesis of the other two. Sadder yet the game was anticipated so highly that it was pegged to be a trilogy even before it came out (how arrogant is that) but needless to say the series ends at one. I don't normally rip games because i realize what most don't, that every major console game that comes out was a labor of love and took blood sweat and tears to make even the bad games have many talented people and many good ideas in them but for whatever reason it doesn't come together. It isn't easy and MANY things have to come together and work to green light a game and release on major publication so it is sad that a couple bad major aspects of a game can trump many good ideas and taint certain talented people. I know Silicon Knights has some talented people and let's hope they can shine in the future. Expand
  7. Aug 30, 2013
    Too human concept offers an interesting and a fictional universe very well done. But is plagued by a limping gameplay and RPG system that, apart from the menu, provides no change to the gameplay. It would have been nice to see the conclusion of the trilogy, but given the recent work of Silicon Knight maybe it's better that the saga is dead.
  8. Dec 19, 2015
    I'M AN IDIOT FOR SKIPPING &'HATING ON THIS GAME...

--Guys,Gals,Haters,master race'rs,Xbox hatin PSN fans etc,,,ask yourself WHY you skipped this title... I skipped it cause everyone hated it on it soo bad that I just assumed it was awful trash.. ---The games story is worth the playthroughnalone...but I am str8^ having a blast...I took a break from Diablo3,GTAV
    I'M AN IDIOT FOR SKIPPING &'HATING ON THIS GAME...

---The games story is worth the playthroughnalone...but I am str8^ having a blast...I took a break from Diablo3,GTAV Online,Fallout4,Wasteland2' & ARK..I didn't take a break cause I planned to, but because I'm sucked into TOO HUMAN...

--Bottom Line - you owe it to yourself to have this experience.. I did t even realize I owned it...
    (Funny how games will accumulate when you stop trading them in to gamestop & start gobbling up Buy 1 get two free used games...in the end I retired my 360 with 130 games..all because they offered my $4. For Dead Island(just like the commercial) = so I stopped trading em in & when I looked up at my 360 & PS3 hpgame shelf it made me feel awesome & it helped me decide which ne whale to play since I had way more titles then I played.....not arrogance, friendly opinion....I couldn't afford any $60 games,...my whole stash was from sales and GameStop trade in interceptions in the parking lot...$50 for 20 used games..deal! And TOO HUMAN musta been in one of those deals cause there it was in my storage box as I was packing away my 360.....
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    A bad game. A bunch of various kinds placed together in one videogame video game videogame form a soup taste bad. A gameplay bored after the first hour of play and a plot drab help to sink into oblivion this title. The original setting is the only thing that saves this play from the full failure. 10 years of development and 60 million dollars wasted.
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    Hands-down, one of the greatest RPG games ever published. This the community got so psyched for a second game, only to be let down. (Please make that second game)
  11. Apr 25, 2016
    This is one of the Xbox 360's hidden treasures that got unnecessary hate when it was first released. Combat is different but it's games like this that made the PS3 and Xbox 360 such great consoles. I wished treasures like this were made today but developers no longer want to take a chance on making something different that is why the current generation has so few good games and hardlyThis is one of the Xbox 360's hidden treasures that got unnecessary hate when it was first released. Combat is different but it's games like this that made the PS3 and Xbox 360 such great consoles. I wished treasures like this were made today but developers no longer want to take a chance on making something different that is why the current generation has so few good games and hardly anything new and different. That's why we get nothing but Souls, AC, CoD, Battlefield, and Street Fighter games made over and over. Expand
  12. Jun 7, 2015
    This game is a travesty, it has a slow menu system, and it has a story written by a high school drop out, it makes little sense. The combat system is basic/annoying, No wonder this game was removed from the shelf, so fan boys can fan boy and the real reviews tell it how it is, Garbage. I do not believe this game is worth playing or buying, k this is all on opinion, if you like it you likeThis game is a travesty, it has a slow menu system, and it has a story written by a high school drop out, it makes little sense. The combat system is basic/annoying, No wonder this game was removed from the shelf, so fan boys can fan boy and the real reviews tell it how it is, Garbage. I do not believe this game is worth playing or buying, k this is all on opinion, if you like it you like it lol :D Expand
  13. Apr 28, 2016
    It is painful to remind myself that Too Human was and is an excellent game. It is some of the most co-op fun I had last generation. It's criminal that a game this fun with such a fresh story game-play and setting was lambasted by delusional haters and ignorant critics for no reason at all. Because of them, all those people who played and loved the game and saw the potential of what itIt is painful to remind myself that Too Human was and is an excellent game. It is some of the most co-op fun I had last generation. It's criminal that a game this fun with such a fresh story game-play and setting was lambasted by delusional haters and ignorant critics for no reason at all. Because of them, all those people who played and loved the game and saw the potential of what it could have become will never see another one. Expand

Too Human is also not a good action game. While it deserves some applause for a reasonable translation of PC classic Diablo's mouse-driven controls, its reliance on the right analog stick as a means for attack only works at the most basic level.
  2. Too Human is about players sculpting their ideal killing machines. If you enjoy leveling and looting, it's worth a look. If you only have a moderate interest, Too Human's aggravating gameplay and irreparable plot won't deliver many thrills. [Sept 2008, p.104]
  3. If wading knee deep in the dead to get at a piece of armour that’s 5% better than what you’re currently wearing isn’t the kind of adventuring that excites you, then you’re in trouble, because Too Human is exactly this type of game. Kill, loot, compare, equip, repeat.