7.0

1. Dec 20, 2011
    It's repetitive yes, but it'd damn fun overall and great to play alone if you want a solid action-RPG game. The environments are really repetitive such as the enemies (except for the last level) but the loot drops and the great melee combat make a good game despite it's flaws.
  2. MarcusW.
    Sep 8, 2008
    Best co op on 360, wish it was 4 players though. And why the hell does metacritic include garbage reviewers like destructoid on their list? This game should average 7/0 at least.
  3. RobertoD.
    Sep 29, 2008
    This game is a NEED TO HAVE!!!... I do not understand all the reviewers who gave this game lower than a 7.5. I mean common. The fun I have with this game is certainly better than assassins creerd, halo3 (SP). And that is because of the music,story and gameplay. graphics are not good at all times, but are great at most of the times.the only lett down on this game is the introduction This game is a NEED TO HAVE!!!... I do not understand all the reviewers who gave this game lower than a 7.5. I mean common. The fun I have with this game is certainly better than assassins creerd, halo3 (SP). And that is because of the music,story and gameplay. graphics are not good at all times, but are great at most of the times.the only lett down on this game is the introduction concerning graphics and the ingame menu. The first hour playing this game gives you a 6 score fealing, the first 10 hours (just get to know the strategic fighting skills,story and weapons )gives you an 8 rating and after the 10 hours you play you get a 9.50 -10 rating fealing. The game is up there with the big guys!!. If HALO3 gets a 9.5..this game deserves at least a 8.5. I had more fun with this game than I had with halo3. If the fuss with the unreal engine was not there...THIS game would write history. 6.6 is TOOO LOWW..and gives me the fealing the reviewers weren't interested in the story and game at all. But I have to confess.. This game is not for generally lower educated people who do not like menus. The big difference between this game and the halo3 ,COD4,assassins creed,bioshock is that the big games give the best part in the first and last part of the single player. the best playing parts is when you are past half the single play mode and then it starts kicking in. A little late but it delivers Cannot wait for part two!!! Expand
  4. May 2, 2012
    The only reason I won't give this game a ten: it's currently 2012. I just picked up my copy, and it was released in 2008. It obviously seems a bit outdated; altough, simultaneously, Too Human is an amazing game. Albeit it being released 4 years ago, I believe the camera could have been a bit less uncontrollable. I don't know much about Norse mythology, but after playing this, I'mThe only reason I won't give this game a ten: it's currently 2012. I just picked up my copy, and it was released in 2008. It obviously seems a bit outdated; altough, simultaneously, Too Human is an amazing game. Albeit it being released 4 years ago, I believe the camera could have been a bit less uncontrollable. I don't know much about Norse mythology, but after playing this, I'm interested. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys this genre. It almost completely covers every base to be a part of this genre. I enjoy Fallout, Devil May Cry, God of War, and all kinds of puzzle games; therefore, I greatly enjoy playing this game. Thank you for reading my review. -- Jordan A. Expand
  5. CollinL.
    Sep 19, 2008
    Too human is a weird mixed bag of really fun action RPG gameplay and a lot of frustrating, tedious action RPG gameplay. The RPG mechanics are quit addicting and fun though.
  6. NoelH.
    Aug 20, 2008
    If the Diablo series, Titan Quest, or World of Warcraft appeals to you, then there is much fun to be found with this title. The control scheme takes a bit of adjustment, but it makes sense in no time. I have no regrets about buying this game.
  7. Allanl.
    Sep 9, 2008
    This is an amazing Action-RPG game with a very addictive and fun gameplay ...This is a must have game for all fans of the genre...Don't miss it!
  8. callums
    Sep 9, 2009
    i thought this was a great game from the the start to the finish. everything about it wanted you to carry on playing: the clips, the combat style, the enemies to deafeat!
  9. EasyLay.
    Aug 21, 2008
    I thought this game was c**p until I spent the time learning the controls and looking into the rpg element a bit more. Tons of replay value and I haven't even gone online yet! Could this be another "Monster Hunter"? ie. so-so reviews but huge fanbase?
  10. LawlL.
    Aug 21, 2008
    Through all the negativity, there is a very solid and intriguing game to be found here. If you are a fan of RPG's and Hack n' Slash, then this game is certainly for you. There are some issues that should have been fleshed out before release and the lack of enemies and other missing polish detracts from the experience.
  11. DylanB
    Sep 30, 2008
    Reviews for this game have come off as very bias and in some cases are just flat out wrong. This is a great dungeon crawling game that may need a few tweaks that hopefully come in the sequel. While there as some small flaws overall its still addictive and incredibly fun. It seems to me most of the complainers just didn't take the time to learn the controls and aren't used to a Reviews for this game have come off as very bias and in some cases are just flat out wrong. This is a great dungeon crawling game that may need a few tweaks that hopefully come in the sequel. While there as some small flaws overall its still addictive and incredibly fun. It seems to me most of the complainers just didn't take the time to learn the controls and aren't used to a game that's a little more challenging to understand. Hacky run of the mill games seem to get better reviews everyday, whats the deal? Expand
  12. AnonymousMC
    Aug 13, 2008
    Don't let anyone fool you: this game has a few flaws. However, I have never played a game with as much upside. The gameplay is hands down amazing. I felt more like a god in this game than in both God of War and God of War II. Despite its frustrations, I think that is the best compliment I can give it.
  13. Mar 30, 2011

Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place.
  14. Jul 22, 2011
    I absolutely love this game! I remember playing the demo for it back in 2008 and thought it was really interesting, but never had the chance to pick it up, until recently when I found out that it is only 7$. Being of Scandinavian decent the Norse Mythology is very interesting to me, and the fact that this game takes that and basically mixes it with TRON, it's awesome... The only downsideI absolutely love this game! I remember playing the demo for it back in 2008 and thought it was really interesting, but never had the chance to pick it up, until recently when I found out that it is only 7$. Being of Scandinavian decent the Norse Mythology is very interesting to me, and the fact that this game takes that and basically mixes it with TRON, it's awesome... The only downside is the wonky camera, but its really easy to adjust to after a while. The weapon and armor system is great too. With the amount of customization you can do there are hundreds of possible weapon and armor combos, as well as adding Runes to the items, just giving you one more way to pack a punch. I stand by my score of 10 because this game is amazing in every way. Expand
  15. Aug 17, 2011
    A much better game than it was given credit for. Got this when it first came out and I still play it now. Combo meter mechanic is interesting, great story, good community. Downside is lack of variety in enemies and game is too short. Would love to see a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.
  16. Sep 27, 2011
    A big sleeper hit!! If you can find this cheap in a discount bin you will be very, very happy as the game has a lot of replayability. I have 3 level 50 characters and still enjoy the game. I think all the all the negative reviews are coming from a couple people as they all sound the same.
  17. Jul 28, 2012
    I had pre-ordered this, when I saw the review scores I cancelled and decided to give it a shot later. I saw it sitting on the shelf for a couple of months next to other used games and kept passing it over... That was a big mistake on my part, almost as big as cancelling my pre-order. The worst thing I can say about this game is that it is too short, the camera takes some getting used toI had pre-ordered this, when I saw the review scores I cancelled and decided to give it a shot later. I saw it sitting on the shelf for a couple of months next to other used games and kept passing it over... That was a big mistake on my part, almost as big as cancelling my pre-order. The worst thing I can say about this game is that it is too short, the camera takes some getting used to and the death animation is way too long and when you start out you will die pretty often. Other than that it is outstanding, graphics are really good and the gameplay is great, and different enough between melee and commando classes to make it worth playing through several times. The loot and upgrade system is easy to use and immediately gratifying, e.g. when you put a speed, damage or fire rate rune on you equipment it is very noticeable. With all the armor and weapons you can find you don't often run into someone in the same outfit as you in online co-op (which is also a blast). When you level up and get some of the higher end weapons and armor you will be laying waste to hordes of enemies with either your swords, hammers, rifles, pistols... etc. I picked her up used for a song and it is easily one of my most played games, if I had bought it new when it came out I would not have regretted it one iota. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes 3rd person action melee or shooters, and especially if you like finding loot and upgrading your equipment. For the price you can get it for now you can't loose. Expand
  18. Jun 4, 2013
    It's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with aIt's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with a Nordic mythology twist pretty awesome concept. I would have rated it higher had it been longer I finished it in a day and a half. It felt much too short.

Anyone who played anything along the lines of the original Resident Evil games will not have difficulty figuring out the controls and camera angles. It's actually quite easy.
  19. Mar 30, 2011
    Had this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learnHad this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learn without a tutorial (there isnt one in the game) and the in game death sequence should be skipable. However the game makes up for most of these with fun addicting gameplay, much replayablity, and online. Since the game only has its fan base still playing online you might have trouble finding a game however when you do get online with someone its a great play team work is key and you have alot of fun. Rune quests make up for alot of replayablity and once you complete the quest and have the rune equipped it gives you stat boots. The game has much depth in it even though it doesnt appear to be much at all besides a dungeon crawler with loot. Which by the way the game combines loot-whoredom and dungeon crawling perfectly. Oh have i mentioned the story for this game is awesome! I mean cyberpunk on norse myth (VIKINGS!!!) i wont go to deep into it to not reveal spoilers xp. Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place Expand
  20. Jan 27, 2012
    Too Human is an mediocre game. It has a good story, but everything else is average. The controls are weird and clunky, the graphics leave a lot to be desired and is quite simply not worth the cash. With some effort, the game could have been great. However, like I said before, the story is quite good, and is original, unlike other stories out there today.
  21. MikeB
    Sep 11, 2009
    Bought it even considering some of the bad comments above. I really enjoyed a game with a different approach and noval game play. overall, fun to play.
  22. JoeW.
    Aug 12, 2008
    Rubbish. Complete rubbish. 10 years and 3 platforms and this game is only mediocre.
  23. JackO.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Do not recommend. Definitely pass on this one unless you're desperate for an exclusive game and you're a fanboy who champions immature system wars. Terrible camera, weak story, and crappy gameplay don't make a good game.
  24. StuartM.
    Aug 13, 2008
    I am giving this game WHICH HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED yet a zero to counter-balance all the fanboys giving it a 10. Metacritic, how can you allow people to rate games that are not even out yet? It seems very misleading.
  25. AnthonyR
    Jan 3, 2010
    Well for one I didnt need to actually start playing the game to see the actual dullness of the game. The cinematics were really choppy and it lacked any realism like the scene where the main character is closing in on the mechanical beast with his sword in the bar...the graphics looked first grade. It was really dissapointing how your A.I. were completely and uterly useless..only thing Well for one I didnt need to actually start playing the game to see the actual dullness of the game. The cinematics were really choppy and it lacked any realism like the scene where the main character is closing in on the mechanical beast with his sword in the bar...the graphics looked first grade. It was really dissapointing how your A.I. were completely and uterly useless..only thing they were good for were the couple of funny comments they made but thats it. the combat system is way too complicated for being so simple. also all the inventory system was just way to complicated to actually deal with..it seems to me thats where they focused all their energy making the game. The controls are slow and the storyline seems to go in to many different places...not to mention its not very captivating. I only give it a 1 because a friend of mine competes with me for achievement points and this game helped me catch up finally. Like I said..I wouldnt even rent this game..borrow it from a friend and you will thank me later. Expand
  26. MasJ.
    Aug 19, 2008
    LOL. Makes you wonder what they were doing during those 10 years it was in production. Now that it is out and has been panned by all reviewers, at least we won't have to read anymore interviews from the developer anymore about their views on the gaming industry and life in general (hopefully).
  27. RorkrorM.
    Aug 19, 2008
    This game is really bad, completely buggy. Worthless.
  28. CaraC.
    Aug 21, 2008
    this game is completely worthless... almost everything about it sucks, except for the diablo like system it is shite... don't bother bying renting oir bargaining this game, absolute waste of my time
  29. ColinM
    Aug 22, 2009
    Terrible terrible game which may, as many say, may start being fun after several play throughs. I for one hope I never find out as it would mean playing this terrible game again. The story is dull, the controls sloppy, the auto-aim points totally in the wrong direction, the camera works against you, you get powerups from juggling enermies not just killing them - stupid, and the unbalanced Terrible terrible game which may, as many say, may start being fun after several play throughs. I for one hope I never find out as it would mean playing this terrible game again. The story is dull, the controls sloppy, the auto-aim points totally in the wrong direction, the camera works against you, you get powerups from juggling enermies not just killing them - stupid, and the unbalanced game play of 1000's of enermies vs you with inferior weapons (when you die, you lose armor/weapon power - it makes it harder) just makes for a miserable experience. A bit of play testing (maybe an 11th year?) could have made it a great game, I find it hard to believe that they didn't even make an average game (hack and slash isn't that hard to do), it has to take some misunderstood genius to make a game this bad. I found it to be 16 hours of frustration and shouting at the TV. I used my real life to be escapism for this game and I award this the worst game I have played on the 360. Expand
  30. lullikasp.
    Aug 13, 2008
    This game is quite poo. From the demo perspective at least.
  31. Apr 17, 2011
    This is a game that does what few others game do, something new and it almost succeeds in being outstanding, the story about norse gods fighting a war against machines is truly unique and enjoyable, and the combat system is really addicting, there's a lot of loot to find, and it's long, it took me 12 hours to beat it which is great considering most games now days are 2 to 3 hours long, theThis is a game that does what few others game do, something new and it almost succeeds in being outstanding, the story about norse gods fighting a war against machines is truly unique and enjoyable, and the combat system is really addicting, there's a lot of loot to find, and it's long, it took me 12 hours to beat it which is great considering most games now days are 2 to 3 hours long, the problem is that it overstays it's welcome, it's far too repetitive for it's own good, it's just fight your way from point A to point B and battle the boss, but the story kept me going, I just couldn't wait to see what happened, and from what I read on the back of the box this is the first entry in a trilogy, and I'm dying to see where this series goes in future entries, a truly good, fun, and unique game. Collapse

Too Human is also not a good action game. While it deserves some applause for a reasonable translation of PC classic Diablo's mouse-driven controls, its reliance on the right analog stick as a means for attack only works at the most basic level.
  2. Too Human is about players sculpting their ideal killing machines. If you enjoy leveling and looting, it's worth a look. If you only have a moderate interest, Too Human's aggravating gameplay and irreparable plot won't deliver many thrills. [Sept 2008, p.104]
  3. If wading knee deep in the dead to get at a piece of armour that’s 5% better than what you’re currently wearing isn’t the kind of adventuring that excites you, then you’re in trouble, because Too Human is exactly this type of game. Kill, loot, compare, equip, repeat.