Too Human Xbox 360

7.0

1. MarcusW.
    Sep 8, 2008
    Best co op on 360, wish it was 4 players though. And why the hell does metacritic include garbage reviewers like destructoid on their list? This game should average 7/0 at least.
  2. RobertoD.
    Sep 29, 2008
    This game is a NEED TO HAVE!!!... I do not understand all the reviewers who gave this game lower than a 7.5. I mean common. The fun I have with this game is certainly better than assassins creerd, halo3 (SP). And that is because of the music,story and gameplay. graphics are not good at all times, but are great at most of the times.the only lett down on this game is the introduction This game is a NEED TO HAVE!!!... I do not understand all the reviewers who gave this game lower than a 7.5. I mean common. The fun I have with this game is certainly better than assassins creerd, halo3 (SP). And that is because of the music,story and gameplay. graphics are not good at all times, but are great at most of the times.the only lett down on this game is the introduction concerning graphics and the ingame menu. The first hour playing this game gives you a 6 score fealing, the first 10 hours (just get to know the strategic fighting skills,story and weapons )gives you an 8 rating and after the 10 hours you play you get a 9.50 -10 rating fealing. The game is up there with the big guys!!. If HALO3 gets a 9.5..this game deserves at least a 8.5. I had more fun with this game than I had with halo3. If the fuss with the unreal engine was not there...THIS game would write history. 6.6 is TOOO LOWW..and gives me the fealing the reviewers weren't interested in the story and game at all. But I have to confess.. This game is not for generally lower educated people who do not like menus. The big difference between this game and the halo3 ,COD4,assassins creed,bioshock is that the big games give the best part in the first and last part of the single player. the best playing parts is when you are past half the single play mode and then it starts kicking in. A little late but it delivers Cannot wait for part two!!! Expand
  3. May 2, 2012
    The only reason I won't give this game a ten: it's currently 2012. I just picked up my copy, and it was released in 2008. It obviously seems a bit outdated; altough, simultaneously, Too Human is an amazing game. Albeit it being released 4 years ago, I believe the camera could have been a bit less uncontrollable. I don't know much about Norse mythology, but after playing this, I'mThe only reason I won't give this game a ten: it's currently 2012. I just picked up my copy, and it was released in 2008. It obviously seems a bit outdated; altough, simultaneously, Too Human is an amazing game. Albeit it being released 4 years ago, I believe the camera could have been a bit less uncontrollable. I don't know much about Norse mythology, but after playing this, I'm interested. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys this genre. It almost completely covers every base to be a part of this genre. I enjoy Fallout, Devil May Cry, God of War, and all kinds of puzzle games; therefore, I greatly enjoy playing this game. Thank you for reading my review. -- Jordan A. Expand
  4. NoelH.
    Aug 20, 2008
    If the Diablo series, Titan Quest, or World of Warcraft appeals to you, then there is much fun to be found with this title. The control scheme takes a bit of adjustment, but it makes sense in no time. I have no regrets about buying this game.
  5. Allanl.
    Sep 9, 2008
    This is an amazing Action-RPG game with a very addictive and fun gameplay ...This is a must have game for all fans of the genre...Don't miss it!
  6. callums
    Sep 9, 2009
    i thought this was a great game from the the start to the finish. everything about it wanted you to carry on playing: the clips, the combat style, the enemies to deafeat!
  7. EasyLay.
    Aug 21, 2008
    I thought this game was c**p until I spent the time learning the controls and looking into the rpg element a bit more. Tons of replay value and I haven't even gone online yet! Could this be another "Monster Hunter"? ie. so-so reviews but huge fanbase?
  8. LawlL.
    Aug 21, 2008
    Through all the negativity, there is a very solid and intriguing game to be found here. If you are a fan of RPG's and Hack n' Slash, then this game is certainly for you. There are some issues that should have been fleshed out before release and the lack of enemies and other missing polish detracts from the experience.
  9. DylanB
    Sep 30, 2008
    Reviews for this game have come off as very bias and in some cases are just flat out wrong. This is a great dungeon crawling game that may need a few tweaks that hopefully come in the sequel. While there as some small flaws overall its still addictive and incredibly fun. It seems to me most of the complainers just didn't take the time to learn the controls and aren't used to a Reviews for this game have come off as very bias and in some cases are just flat out wrong. This is a great dungeon crawling game that may need a few tweaks that hopefully come in the sequel. While there as some small flaws overall its still addictive and incredibly fun. It seems to me most of the complainers just didn't take the time to learn the controls and aren't used to a game that's a little more challenging to understand. Hacky run of the mill games seem to get better reviews everyday, whats the deal? Expand
  10. AnonymousMC
    Aug 13, 2008
    Don't let anyone fool you: this game has a few flaws. However, I have never played a game with as much upside. The gameplay is hands down amazing. I felt more like a god in this game than in both God of War and God of War II. Despite its frustrations, I think that is the best compliment I can give it.
  11. Mar 30, 2011

Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place.
  12. Jul 22, 2011
    I absolutely love this game! I remember playing the demo for it back in 2008 and thought it was really interesting, but never had the chance to pick it up, until recently when I found out that it is only 7$. Being of Scandinavian decent the Norse Mythology is very interesting to me, and the fact that this game takes that and basically mixes it with TRON, it's awesome... The only downsideI absolutely love this game! I remember playing the demo for it back in 2008 and thought it was really interesting, but never had the chance to pick it up, until recently when I found out that it is only 7$. Being of Scandinavian decent the Norse Mythology is very interesting to me, and the fact that this game takes that and basically mixes it with TRON, it's awesome... The only downside is the wonky camera, but its really easy to adjust to after a while. The weapon and armor system is great too. With the amount of customization you can do there are hundreds of possible weapon and armor combos, as well as adding Runes to the items, just giving you one more way to pack a punch. I stand by my score of 10 because this game is amazing in every way. Expand
  13. Aug 17, 2011
    A much better game than it was given credit for. Got this when it first came out and I still play it now. Combo meter mechanic is interesting, great story, good community. Downside is lack of variety in enemies and game is too short. Would love to see a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.
  14. Sep 27, 2011
    A big sleeper hit!! If you can find this cheap in a discount bin you will be very, very happy as the game has a lot of replayability. I have 3 level 50 characters and still enjoy the game. I think all the all the negative reviews are coming from a couple people as they all sound the same.
  15. Jul 28, 2012
    I had pre-ordered this, when I saw the review scores I cancelled and decided to give it a shot later. I saw it sitting on the shelf for a couple of months next to other used games and kept passing it over... That was a big mistake on my part, almost as big as cancelling my pre-order. The worst thing I can say about this game is that it is too short, the camera takes some getting used toI had pre-ordered this, when I saw the review scores I cancelled and decided to give it a shot later. I saw it sitting on the shelf for a couple of months next to other used games and kept passing it over... That was a big mistake on my part, almost as big as cancelling my pre-order. The worst thing I can say about this game is that it is too short, the camera takes some getting used to and the death animation is way too long and when you start out you will die pretty often. Other than that it is outstanding, graphics are really good and the gameplay is great, and different enough between melee and commando classes to make it worth playing through several times. The loot and upgrade system is easy to use and immediately gratifying, e.g. when you put a speed, damage or fire rate rune on you equipment it is very noticeable. With all the armor and weapons you can find you don't often run into someone in the same outfit as you in online co-op (which is also a blast). When you level up and get some of the higher end weapons and armor you will be laying waste to hordes of enemies with either your swords, hammers, rifles, pistols... etc. I picked her up used for a song and it is easily one of my most played games, if I had bought it new when it came out I would not have regretted it one iota. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes 3rd person action melee or shooters, and especially if you like finding loot and upgrading your equipment. For the price you can get it for now you can't loose. Expand
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    It's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with aIt's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with a Nordic mythology twist pretty awesome concept. I would have rated it higher had it been longer I finished it in a day and a half. It felt much too short.

Anyone who played anything along the lines of the original Resident Evil games will not have difficulty figuring out the controls and camera angles. It's actually quite easy.
  17. Dec 19, 2015
    I'M AN IDIOT FOR SKIPPING &'HATING ON THIS GAME...

--Guys,Gals,Haters,master race'rs,Xbox hatin PSN fans etc,,,ask yourself WHY you skipped this title... I skipped it cause everyone hated it on it soo bad that I just assumed it was awful trash.. ---The games story is worth the playthroughnalone...but I am str8^ having a blast...I took a break from Diablo3,GTAV
    I'M AN IDIOT FOR SKIPPING &'HATING ON THIS GAME...

---The games story is worth the playthroughnalone...but I am str8^ having a blast...I took a break from Diablo3,GTAV Online,Fallout4,Wasteland2' & ARK..I didn't take a break cause I planned to, but because I'm sucked into TOO HUMAN...

--Bottom Line - you owe it to yourself to have this experience.. I did t even realize I owned it...
    (Funny how games will accumulate when you stop trading them in to gamestop & start gobbling up Buy 1 get two free used games...in the end I retired my 360 with 130 games..all because they offered my $4. For Dead Island(just like the commercial) = so I stopped trading em in & when I looked up at my 360 & PS3 hpgame shelf it made me feel awesome & it helped me decide which ne whale to play since I had way more titles then I played.....not arrogance, friendly opinion....I couldn't afford any $60 games,...my whole stash was from sales and GameStop trade in interceptions in the parking lot...$50 for 20 used games..deal! And TOO HUMAN musta been in one of those deals cause there it was in my storage box as I was packing away my 360.....
  18. Apr 28, 2016
    It is painful to remind myself that Too Human was and is an excellent game. It is some of the most co-op fun I had last generation. It's criminal that a game this fun with such a fresh story game-play and setting was lambasted by delusional haters and ignorant critics for no reason at all. Because of them, all those people who played and loved the game and saw the potential of what itIt is painful to remind myself that Too Human was and is an excellent game. It is some of the most co-op fun I had last generation. It's criminal that a game this fun with such a fresh story game-play and setting was lambasted by delusional haters and ignorant critics for no reason at all. Because of them, all those people who played and loved the game and saw the potential of what it could have become will never see another one. Expand
  19. MikeB
    Sep 11, 2009
    Bought it even considering some of the bad comments above. I really enjoyed a game with a different approach and noval game play. overall, fun to play.
  20. Mar 30, 2011
    Had this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learnHad this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learn without a tutorial (there isnt one in the game) and the in game death sequence should be skipable. However the game makes up for most of these with fun addicting gameplay, much replayablity, and online. Since the game only has its fan base still playing online you might have trouble finding a game however when you do get online with someone its a great play team work is key and you have alot of fun. Rune quests make up for alot of replayablity and once you complete the quest and have the rune equipped it gives you stat boots. The game has much depth in it even though it doesnt appear to be much at all besides a dungeon crawler with loot. Which by the way the game combines loot-whoredom and dungeon crawling perfectly. Oh have i mentioned the story for this game is awesome! I mean cyberpunk on norse myth (VIKINGS!!!) i wont go to deep into it to not reveal spoilers xp. Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place Collapse
  21. NickF
    Sep 25, 2009
    It seems as if most ratings for this game were done with little actual play. I haven't spent over 50 hours playing this game and I have only enjoyed it the more I played it. Yes the controls are not in a standard layout. Having said that, once the gamer actually puts the time in to actually learn the control scheme, it becomes a dream to handle. Leveling up is not overly complicated It seems as if most ratings for this game were done with little actual play. I haven't spent over 50 hours playing this game and I have only enjoyed it the more I played it. Yes the controls are not in a standard layout. Having said that, once the gamer actually puts the time in to actually learn the control scheme, it becomes a dream to handle. Leveling up is not overly complicated yet still provides some tough choices for the player as to what direction they wish to take their character. Admittedly, knowing some Old Norse mythology will really help people to understand the direction the game is taking. Also, if the player sits through the initial developer screens they will be greeted with an excellent cinematic depicting a very important piece of the story puzzle. I myself missed it until I left the room on start up and came back to find this gorgeous scene occurring. My only complaint was the camera system. While the camera can be controlled via the D-pad, certain areas cause the camera to be stolen away from the players control in an attempt to create a more cinematic effect during certain battle scenes. Often, this camera angle is not conducive to properly controlling the character. All in all, the game is excellent, especially after the first play through, using your well leveled character through the next run. Expand
  22. JohnT.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Too Human is a fantastic addition to Silicon Knights epic lineup, and an addictive must-have for an action-RPG fan.
  23. TheDank
    Aug 22, 2008
    This game doesn't deserve the poor reviews it's been receiving. It's highly playable! Sure there are issues but none of which make the game unplayable. Most reviews claim it is repetitive. Well I've got news for you all! Every game out there in some way or form is repetitive in nature for instance; Doom 3, Halo 3, Gears of War, Resistance Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid This game doesn't deserve the poor reviews it's been receiving. It's highly playable! Sure there are issues but none of which make the game unplayable. Most reviews claim it is repetitive. Well I've got news for you all! Every game out there in some way or form is repetitive in nature for instance; Doom 3, Halo 3, Gears of War, Resistance Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc. have some degree of repetitiveness. Here is an example Don't get me wrong these are all great games thou. In the end I agree Too Human is not perfect but I really did enjoy and have fun playing this game. It was fun watching Baldur's transformation with each upgrade made towards a cyber-god badass. Expand
  24. JohnH.
    Aug 20, 2008
    Don't believe the anti-hype this is a solid game. It breaks the mold of pigeon hole gaming and does it quite well. Take time to get acquainted with the controls and you'll have a blast.
  25. KevinA.
    Aug 28, 2008
    Simply, amazing. This game is getting unfairly reviewed by the press who are all afraid to give it high marks...try comparing it to Mass Effect. That game had a billion technical flaws...and still got huge review scores. This game was clearly treated differently and was punished for no good reason.
  26. JonB
    Aug 28, 2008
    If you enjoyed Diablo and it's clones and you like a bit of Norse mythology I'd recommend checking this out despite the reviews. I have a feeling the complaints levelled at the game may have come from reviewers that failed to master the funky controls. This game is clearly intended for the more hard core gamers that will take the time to master it's controls and learn the If you enjoyed Diablo and it's clones and you like a bit of Norse mythology I'd recommend checking this out despite the reviews. I have a feeling the complaints levelled at the game may have come from reviewers that failed to master the funky controls. This game is clearly intended for the more hard core gamers that will take the time to master it's controls and learn the strategies needed to deal with the various enemies without taking a Valkyrie ride to Valhalla. So far (I'm in to the 2nd chapter) I haven't had any major issues with the camera. Most of the time I'm sliding around a battlefield and don't really need to "see" my target on screen if I know they are there I move the controller in their direction and slide right to them. My only complaint would be that I HAVE to use ranged attacks at various points. Of course if I ever master the ranged melee attack that may not be such an issue and I understand they need to balance the game for those that actually want to play a ranged character. All in all I'll be playing it through at least once and can see some replay with different classes and some online co-op in my future. Expand
  27. DaveR.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Excellent game, albeit a bit short - I don't know where the bad reviews are coming from.
  28. gk
    Sep 2, 2008
    The story could use some work. And the camera is is a bit wonky. But the depth of this game...from its controls to combos to leveling to customization is pretty unbelievable. I got 10 hours into the game before I realized the potential of how cool and fun this game actually is. Because I didn't take the time to read & understand how to do everything. But once I did, wow! I am The story could use some work. And the camera is is a bit wonky. But the depth of this game...from its controls to combos to leveling to customization is pretty unbelievable. I got 10 hours into the game before I realized the potential of how cool and fun this game actually is. Because I didn't take the time to read & understand how to do everything. But once I did, wow! I am enjoying the hell out of it. I feel as though some of the press didn't take the time to truly get it either. It's a shame really. Expand
  29. nathang
    Aug 9, 2009
    I have loved everything silicon knights has put out and this is no exception. The go out on a limb to create something with good stories and personality and all people can do is say its no Diablo. I, frankly am very thankful its not. Diablo was boring. The only fault is having to wait every time you die.
  30. WaitingforSomethinggrand
    Jul 25, 2008
    Solid demo and first in a trilogy. How long has it taken for any company to even approach a game such as Too Human on any console. SK knights took a chance and I hope it pays off in platinum. Loot, frentic combat, skills, upgrades, Co-Op and an interesting story. Try it.. you might like it.
  31. Mar 30, 2011

Too Human is also not a good action game. While it deserves some applause for a reasonable translation of PC classic Diablo's mouse-driven controls, its reliance on the right analog stick as a means for attack only works at the most basic level.
  2. Too Human is about players sculpting their ideal killing machines. If you enjoy leveling and looting, it's worth a look. If you only have a moderate interest, Too Human's aggravating gameplay and irreparable plot won't deliver many thrills. [Sept 2008, p.104]
  3. If wading knee deep in the dead to get at a piece of armour that’s 5% better than what you’re currently wearing isn’t the kind of adventuring that excites you, then you’re in trouble, because Too Human is exactly this type of game. Kill, loot, compare, equip, repeat.