7.0

1. Dec 20, 2011
    It's repetitive yes, but it'd damn fun overall and great to play alone if you want a solid action-RPG game. The environments are really repetitive such as the enemies (except for the last level) but the loot drops and the great melee combat make a good game despite it's flaws.
  2. MarcusW.
    Sep 8, 2008
    Best co op on 360, wish it was 4 players though. And why the hell does metacritic include garbage reviewers like destructoid on their list? This game should average 7/0 at least.
  3. RobertoD.
    Sep 29, 2008
    This game is a NEED TO HAVE!!!... I do not understand all the reviewers who gave this game lower than a 7.5. I mean common. The fun I have with this game is certainly better than assassins creerd, halo3 (SP). And that is because of the music,story and gameplay. graphics are not good at all times, but are great at most of the times.the only lett down on this game is the introduction This game is a NEED TO HAVE!!!... I do not understand all the reviewers who gave this game lower than a 7.5. I mean common. The fun I have with this game is certainly better than assassins creerd, halo3 (SP). And that is because of the music,story and gameplay. graphics are not good at all times, but are great at most of the times.the only lett down on this game is the introduction concerning graphics and the ingame menu. The first hour playing this game gives you a 6 score fealing, the first 10 hours (just get to know the strategic fighting skills,story and weapons )gives you an 8 rating and after the 10 hours you play you get a 9.50 -10 rating fealing. The game is up there with the big guys!!. If HALO3 gets a 9.5..this game deserves at least a 8.5. I had more fun with this game than I had with halo3. If the fuss with the unreal engine was not there...THIS game would write history. 6.6 is TOOO LOWW..and gives me the fealing the reviewers weren't interested in the story and game at all. But I have to confess.. This game is not for generally lower educated people who do not like menus. The big difference between this game and the halo3 ,COD4,assassins creed,bioshock is that the big games give the best part in the first and last part of the single player. the best playing parts is when you are past half the single play mode and then it starts kicking in. A little late but it delivers Cannot wait for part two!!! Expand
  4. May 2, 2012
    The only reason I won't give this game a ten: it's currently 2012. I just picked up my copy, and it was released in 2008. It obviously seems a bit outdated; altough, simultaneously, Too Human is an amazing game. Albeit it being released 4 years ago, I believe the camera could have been a bit less uncontrollable. I don't know much about Norse mythology, but after playing this, I'mThe only reason I won't give this game a ten: it's currently 2012. I just picked up my copy, and it was released in 2008. It obviously seems a bit outdated; altough, simultaneously, Too Human is an amazing game. Albeit it being released 4 years ago, I believe the camera could have been a bit less uncontrollable. I don't know much about Norse mythology, but after playing this, I'm interested. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys this genre. It almost completely covers every base to be a part of this genre. I enjoy Fallout, Devil May Cry, God of War, and all kinds of puzzle games; therefore, I greatly enjoy playing this game. Thank you for reading my review. -- Jordan A. Expand
  5. CollinL.
    Sep 19, 2008
    Too human is a weird mixed bag of really fun action RPG gameplay and a lot of frustrating, tedious action RPG gameplay. The RPG mechanics are quit addicting and fun though.
  6. NoelH.
    Aug 20, 2008
    If the Diablo series, Titan Quest, or World of Warcraft appeals to you, then there is much fun to be found with this title. The control scheme takes a bit of adjustment, but it makes sense in no time. I have no regrets about buying this game.
  7. Allanl.
    Sep 9, 2008
    This is an amazing Action-RPG game with a very addictive and fun gameplay ...This is a must have game for all fans of the genre...Don't miss it!
  8. callums
    Sep 9, 2009
    i thought this was a great game from the the start to the finish. everything about it wanted you to carry on playing: the clips, the combat style, the enemies to deafeat!
  9. EasyLay.
    Aug 21, 2008
    I thought this game was c**p until I spent the time learning the controls and looking into the rpg element a bit more. Tons of replay value and I haven't even gone online yet! Could this be another "Monster Hunter"? ie. so-so reviews but huge fanbase?
  10. LawlL.
    Aug 21, 2008
    Through all the negativity, there is a very solid and intriguing game to be found here. If you are a fan of RPG's and Hack n' Slash, then this game is certainly for you. There are some issues that should have been fleshed out before release and the lack of enemies and other missing polish detracts from the experience.
  11. DylanB
    Sep 30, 2008
    Reviews for this game have come off as very bias and in some cases are just flat out wrong. This is a great dungeon crawling game that may need a few tweaks that hopefully come in the sequel. While there as some small flaws overall its still addictive and incredibly fun. It seems to me most of the complainers just didn't take the time to learn the controls and aren't used to a Reviews for this game have come off as very bias and in some cases are just flat out wrong. This is a great dungeon crawling game that may need a few tweaks that hopefully come in the sequel. While there as some small flaws overall its still addictive and incredibly fun. It seems to me most of the complainers just didn't take the time to learn the controls and aren't used to a game that's a little more challenging to understand. Hacky run of the mill games seem to get better reviews everyday, whats the deal? Expand
  12. AnonymousMC
    Aug 13, 2008
    Don't let anyone fool you: this game has a few flaws. However, I have never played a game with as much upside. The gameplay is hands down amazing. I felt more like a god in this game than in both God of War and God of War II. Despite its frustrations, I think that is the best compliment I can give it.
  13. Mar 30, 2011

Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place.
  14. Jul 22, 2011
    I absolutely love this game! I remember playing the demo for it back in 2008 and thought it was really interesting, but never had the chance to pick it up, until recently when I found out that it is only 7$. Being of Scandinavian decent the Norse Mythology is very interesting to me, and the fact that this game takes that and basically mixes it with TRON, it's awesome... The only downsideI absolutely love this game! I remember playing the demo for it back in 2008 and thought it was really interesting, but never had the chance to pick it up, until recently when I found out that it is only 7$. Being of Scandinavian decent the Norse Mythology is very interesting to me, and the fact that this game takes that and basically mixes it with TRON, it's awesome... The only downside is the wonky camera, but its really easy to adjust to after a while. The weapon and armor system is great too. With the amount of customization you can do there are hundreds of possible weapon and armor combos, as well as adding Runes to the items, just giving you one more way to pack a punch. I stand by my score of 10 because this game is amazing in every way. Expand
  15. Aug 17, 2011
    A much better game than it was given credit for. Got this when it first came out and I still play it now. Combo meter mechanic is interesting, great story, good community. Downside is lack of variety in enemies and game is too short. Would love to see a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.
  16. Sep 27, 2011
    A big sleeper hit!! If you can find this cheap in a discount bin you will be very, very happy as the game has a lot of replayability. I have 3 level 50 characters and still enjoy the game. I think all the all the negative reviews are coming from a couple people as they all sound the same.
  17. Jul 28, 2012
    I had pre-ordered this, when I saw the review scores I cancelled and decided to give it a shot later. I saw it sitting on the shelf for a couple of months next to other used games and kept passing it over... That was a big mistake on my part, almost as big as cancelling my pre-order. The worst thing I can say about this game is that it is too short, the camera takes some getting used toI had pre-ordered this, when I saw the review scores I cancelled and decided to give it a shot later. I saw it sitting on the shelf for a couple of months next to other used games and kept passing it over... That was a big mistake on my part, almost as big as cancelling my pre-order. The worst thing I can say about this game is that it is too short, the camera takes some getting used to and the death animation is way too long and when you start out you will die pretty often. Other than that it is outstanding, graphics are really good and the gameplay is great, and different enough between melee and commando classes to make it worth playing through several times. The loot and upgrade system is easy to use and immediately gratifying, e.g. when you put a speed, damage or fire rate rune on you equipment it is very noticeable. With all the armor and weapons you can find you don't often run into someone in the same outfit as you in online co-op (which is also a blast). When you level up and get some of the higher end weapons and armor you will be laying waste to hordes of enemies with either your swords, hammers, rifles, pistols... etc. I picked her up used for a song and it is easily one of my most played games, if I had bought it new when it came out I would not have regretted it one iota. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes 3rd person action melee or shooters, and especially if you like finding loot and upgrading your equipment. For the price you can get it for now you can't loose. Expand
  18. Jun 4, 2013
    It's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with aIt's a really fun game once you get a handle on the controls. It takes skill to figure them out and master them. The graphics are fine if you actually play games for the gameplay not pretty scenery. There are a few bugs, and team member AI leaves you alone in battle occasionally. It ends abruptly. All of that aside it's still a very enjoyable game. Sci-Fi dungeon crawler with a Nordic mythology twist pretty awesome concept. I would have rated it higher had it been longer I finished it in a day and a half. It felt much too short.

Anyone who played anything along the lines of the original Resident Evil games will not have difficulty figuring out the controls and camera angles. It's actually quite easy.
  19. Mar 30, 2011
    Had this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learnHad this game for a while and all I can say is I cant believe this has such a low review score. I mean sure the game is a tad short but it is set to be a trilogy so i understand why it would have a cliffhanger. I mean look at all the lord of the ring movies... all ended with cliffhangers before the final one. There are minor problems with the game like controls that are hard to learn without a tutorial (there isnt one in the game) and the in game death sequence should be skipable. However the game makes up for most of these with fun addicting gameplay, much replayablity, and online. Since the game only has its fan base still playing online you might have trouble finding a game however when you do get online with someone its a great play team work is key and you have alot of fun. Rune quests make up for alot of replayablity and once you complete the quest and have the rune equipped it gives you stat boots. The game has much depth in it even though it doesnt appear to be much at all besides a dungeon crawler with loot. Which by the way the game combines loot-whoredom and dungeon crawling perfectly. Oh have i mentioned the story for this game is awesome! I mean cyberpunk on norse myth (VIKINGS!!!) i wont go to deep into it to not reveal spoilers xp. Also this game is like in the top 10 best selling 360 action rpg games soo it shouldnt have such alow review score. I seriously reccommend to give it a shot i mean 10-20 dollars new at gamestop and like 20 on live market place Expand
  20. Jan 27, 2012
    Too Human is an mediocre game. It has a good story, but everything else is average. The controls are weird and clunky, the graphics leave a lot to be desired and is quite simply not worth the cash. With some effort, the game could have been great. However, like I said before, the story is quite good, and is original, unlike other stories out there today.
  21. MikeB
    Sep 11, 2009
    Bought it even considering some of the bad comments above. I really enjoyed a game with a different approach and noval game play. overall, fun to play.
  22. JoeW.
    Aug 12, 2008
    Rubbish. Complete rubbish. 10 years and 3 platforms and this game is only mediocre.
  23. JackO.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Do not recommend. Definitely pass on this one unless you're desperate for an exclusive game and you're a fanboy who champions immature system wars. Terrible camera, weak story, and crappy gameplay don't make a good game.
  24. StuartM.
    Aug 13, 2008
    I am giving this game WHICH HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED yet a zero to counter-balance all the fanboys giving it a 10. Metacritic, how can you allow people to rate games that are not even out yet? It seems very misleading.
  25. AnthonyR
    Jan 3, 2010
    Well for one I didnt need to actually start playing the game to see the actual dullness of the game. The cinematics were really choppy and it lacked any realism like the scene where the main character is closing in on the mechanical beast with his sword in the bar...the graphics looked first grade. It was really dissapointing how your A.I. were completely and uterly useless..only thing Well for one I didnt need to actually start playing the game to see the actual dullness of the game. The cinematics were really choppy and it lacked any realism like the scene where the main character is closing in on the mechanical beast with his sword in the bar...the graphics looked first grade. It was really dissapointing how your A.I. were completely and uterly useless..only thing they were good for were the couple of funny comments they made but thats it. the combat system is way too complicated for being so simple. also all the inventory system was just way to complicated to actually deal with..it seems to me thats where they focused all their energy making the game. The controls are slow and the storyline seems to go in to many different places...not to mention its not very captivating. I only give it a 1 because a friend of mine competes with me for achievement points and this game helped me catch up finally. Like I said..I wouldnt even rent this game..borrow it from a friend and you will thank me later. Expand
  26. MasJ.
    Aug 19, 2008
    LOL. Makes you wonder what they were doing during those 10 years it was in production. Now that it is out and has been panned by all reviewers, at least we won't have to read anymore interviews from the developer anymore about their views on the gaming industry and life in general (hopefully).
  27. RorkrorM.
    Aug 19, 2008
    This game is really bad, completely buggy. Worthless.
  28. CaraC.
    Aug 21, 2008
    this game is completely worthless... almost everything about it sucks, except for the diablo like system it is shite... don't bother bying renting oir bargaining this game, absolute waste of my time
  29. ColinM
    Aug 22, 2009
    Terrible terrible game which may, as many say, may start being fun after several play throughs. I for one hope I never find out as it would mean playing this terrible game again. The story is dull, the controls sloppy, the auto-aim points totally in the wrong direction, the camera works against you, you get powerups from juggling enermies not just killing them - stupid, and the unbalanced Terrible terrible game which may, as many say, may start being fun after several play throughs. I for one hope I never find out as it would mean playing this terrible game again. The story is dull, the controls sloppy, the auto-aim points totally in the wrong direction, the camera works against you, you get powerups from juggling enermies not just killing them - stupid, and the unbalanced game play of 1000's of enermies vs you with inferior weapons (when you die, you lose armor/weapon power - it makes it harder) just makes for a miserable experience. A bit of play testing (maybe an 11th year?) could have made it a great game, I find it hard to believe that they didn't even make an average game (hack and slash isn't that hard to do), it has to take some misunderstood genius to make a game this bad. I found it to be 16 hours of frustration and shouting at the TV. I used my real life to be escapism for this game and I award this the worst game I have played on the 360. Expand
  30. lullikasp.
    Aug 13, 2008
    This game is quite poo. From the demo perspective at least.
  31. ChrisG.
    Aug 18, 2008
    All i can say this game is crap they have made some good games for the gameqube but this was just crap
  32. CK
    Sep 6, 2008
    Great Graphics, interesting story, very intriguing combat and leveling system with a wide variety of weapons and armor to choose from. That's where the good ends. The game locks up at various times, there are so many bugs that happen it isn't even funny. The death scene takes way to long and the fights just boring. Definite rental, maybe they will learn from their mistakes and Great Graphics, interesting story, very intriguing combat and leveling system with a wide variety of weapons and armor to choose from. That's where the good ends. The game locks up at various times, there are so many bugs that happen it isn't even funny. The death scene takes way to long and the fights just boring. Definite rental, maybe they will learn from their mistakes and really make an effort to deliver the full package on a sequel. Right now it's a whole lot of potential that never gets close to delivering. Expand
  33. PLAYLIEN
    Nov 10, 2008
    OKAY I HAVENT PLAYED IT, BUT - WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE AN ACCURATE NORSE GAME? THIS STORY IS COMPLETELY OUT OF TUNE WITH NORSE MYTHOLOGY. IT IS NOT A 'REIMAGINING' ITS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. THEY ONLY USED THE NAME BALDUR BECAUSE ITS SOUNDS COOL! BALDUR IS THE NORSE GOD OF PEACE AND LIFE AND WOULD NEVER EVEN TOUCH A SWORD!!! AND HE'S NOPT FREYA'S SON,OKAY I HAVENT PLAYED IT, BUT - WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE AN ACCURATE NORSE GAME? THIS STORY IS COMPLETELY OUT OF TUNE WITH NORSE MYTHOLOGY. IT IS NOT A 'REIMAGINING' ITS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. THEY ONLY USED THE NAME BALDUR BECAUSE ITS SOUNDS COOL! BALDUR IS THE NORSE GOD OF PEACE AND LIFE AND WOULD NEVER EVEN TOUCH A SWORD!!! AND HE'S NOPT FREYA'S SON, HE'S FRIGGA'S. HEL IS NOT LOKI'S DAUGHTER, EITHER! WHY DID THEY EVEN PRETEND ITS ABOUT NORSE MYTHOLOGY? THE REASON IM ANGRY IS BECAUSE THOUSANDS OF LITTLE SH** EATERS OUT THERE IN THIRD GRADE ARE GOING TO BE DELUSIONAL ENOUGH TO THINK THEY ACTUALLY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT MYTHOLOGY NOW. JUST ANOTHER CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WESTERN MONEY GRUBBERS STOMPING ON THE GARDEN OF HISTORY AND CULTURE JUST TO GET SOMEONE'S PARENTS TO THROW SOME BIG BUCKS THEIR WAY. UTTERLY DISGUSTING. REAL LIFE IS SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN VIDEO GAMES, BUT WITHIN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE'S EVEN GOING TO KNOW WHAT REAL LIFE IS ANYMORE. SHOOT ME NOW . . . Expand
  34. Dec 21, 2010
    An ambitious action RPG mixing cyberpunk and Norse mythology (of all things!) that suffers from a very short campaign ending in a cliffhanger, simple and monotonous combat, and enough cyberbabble and testosterone to cause a headache. Not entirely hopeless, as grinding and looting over multiple playthroughs might get fun but on whole, mostly a below average big budget disappointment.
  35. Feb 25, 2011
    Immediately after finishing this game I felt my time would have been better used elsewhere. An interesting artistic approach to Norse mythology, plagued by horrific design choices (unskip-able resurrection cut-scenes and the right analog stick to control melee attacks rather than the camera to name a few). This game is not a COMPLETE disaster, but overall very hard to recommend.
  36. Mar 3, 2011
    The combat is sticky
    They got Baldur's character WAAAY Wrong, Baldur was the god of sympophy and being a total **** and Space-armour, seriously?
  37. May 12, 2011
    I really, really, really wanted to like Too Human. It had a lot of elements that interested me, mixing Viking mythology with science fiction seemed interesting and new. Then I actually played the game and found it to be the worst game I had ever played. Mapping the attack button to the right thumb stick was just idiotic. It would have been better if say... you moved the thumbstickI really, really, really wanted to like Too Human. It had a lot of elements that interested me, mixing Viking mythology with science fiction seemed interesting and new. Then I actually played the game and found it to be the worst game I had ever played. Mapping the attack button to the right thumb stick was just idiotic. It would have been better if say... you moved the thumbstick towards an enemy and you attacked that enemy instead of leaping somewhere to attack something off screen. I would have felt better paying someone else to play this game so I could watch because the story is quite good. It just gets ruined by every aspect of game play. Expand
  38. Mar 19, 2012
    Great concept, terrible execution. If another developer latched onto this universe, it could go far. As it is, this game is horrible. Avoid unless for some reason you find yourself with an excessive amount of time and a high tolerance to bad design.
  39. Mar 20, 2013
    I kind of have mixed feelings. Overall it is rather poor considering just how long it got stuck in development. It was originally planned for the PS1. You can see the potential the game has, but as you play it you feel like it's incomplete or underdone. Basically it was meant to be a good game, but it looks like they never managed to really finish it and released a half-assed glorifiedI kind of have mixed feelings. Overall it is rather poor considering just how long it got stuck in development. It was originally planned for the PS1. You can see the potential the game has, but as you play it you feel like it's incomplete or underdone. Basically it was meant to be a good game, but it looks like they never managed to really finish it and released a half-assed glorified demo. Cut-scenes look cool, the overall idea and story is good, combat is different and fun. But gameplay is bland and boring. It's a real shame as this is a game I really would have loved to like, yet, I can't. Expand
  40. Sep 22, 2014
    For starters I really enjoyed aspects of this game, the storyline was entertaining but ultimately left me feeling short changed, the melee mechanic was very fun and the graphics and environment were captivating. The thing I really can't get past is the rest of the controls are most of the time incredibly frustrating and the camera control is just down right atrocious. It is a game whichFor starters I really enjoyed aspects of this game, the storyline was entertaining but ultimately left me feeling short changed, the melee mechanic was very fun and the graphics and environment were captivating. The thing I really can't get past is the rest of the controls are most of the time incredibly frustrating and the camera control is just down right atrocious. It is a game which holds a lot of promise but doesn't completely execute. I would love to see the franchise re worked into a more finished product. Expand
  41. NickF
    Sep 25, 2009
    It seems as if most ratings for this game were done with little actual play. I haven't spent over 50 hours playing this game and I have only enjoyed it the more I played it. Yes the controls are not in a standard layout. Having said that, once the gamer actually puts the time in to actually learn the control scheme, it becomes a dream to handle. Leveling up is not overly complicated It seems as if most ratings for this game were done with little actual play. I haven't spent over 50 hours playing this game and I have only enjoyed it the more I played it. Yes the controls are not in a standard layout. Having said that, once the gamer actually puts the time in to actually learn the control scheme, it becomes a dream to handle. Leveling up is not overly complicated yet still provides some tough choices for the player as to what direction they wish to take their character. Admittedly, knowing some Old Norse mythology will really help people to understand the direction the game is taking. Also, if the player sits through the initial developer screens they will be greeted with an excellent cinematic depicting a very important piece of the story puzzle. I myself missed it until I left the room on start up and came back to find this gorgeous scene occurring. My only complaint was the camera system. While the camera can be controlled via the D-pad, certain areas cause the camera to be stolen away from the players control in an attempt to create a more cinematic effect during certain battle scenes. Often, this camera angle is not conducive to properly controlling the character. All in all, the game is excellent, especially after the first play through, using your well leveled character through the next run. Expand
  42. JohnT.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Too Human is a fantastic addition to Silicon Knights epic lineup, and an addictive must-have for an action-RPG fan.
  43. TheDank
    Aug 22, 2008
    This game doesn't deserve the poor reviews it's been receiving. It's highly playable! Sure there are issues but none of which make the game unplayable. Most reviews claim it is repetitive. Well I've got news for you all! Every game out there in some way or form is repetitive in nature for instance; Doom 3, Halo 3, Gears of War, Resistance Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid This game doesn't deserve the poor reviews it's been receiving. It's highly playable! Sure there are issues but none of which make the game unplayable. Most reviews claim it is repetitive. Well I've got news for you all! Every game out there in some way or form is repetitive in nature for instance; Doom 3, Halo 3, Gears of War, Resistance Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc. have some degree of repetitiveness. Here is an example Don't get me wrong these are all great games thou. In the end I agree Too Human is not perfect but I really did enjoy and have fun playing this game. It was fun watching Baldur's transformation with each upgrade made towards a cyber-god badass. Expand
  44. JohnH.
    Aug 20, 2008
    Don't believe the anti-hype this is a solid game. It breaks the mold of pigeon hole gaming and does it quite well. Take time to get acquainted with the controls and you'll have a blast.
  45. KevinA.
    Aug 28, 2008
    Simply, amazing. This game is getting unfairly reviewed by the press who are all afraid to give it high marks...try comparing it to Mass Effect. That game had a billion technical flaws...and still got huge review scores. This game was clearly treated differently and was punished for no good reason.
  46. JonB
    Aug 28, 2008
    If you enjoyed Diablo and it's clones and you like a bit of Norse mythology I'd recommend checking this out despite the reviews. I have a feeling the complaints levelled at the game may have come from reviewers that failed to master the funky controls. This game is clearly intended for the more hard core gamers that will take the time to master it's controls and learn the If you enjoyed Diablo and it's clones and you like a bit of Norse mythology I'd recommend checking this out despite the reviews. I have a feeling the complaints levelled at the game may have come from reviewers that failed to master the funky controls. This game is clearly intended for the more hard core gamers that will take the time to master it's controls and learn the strategies needed to deal with the various enemies without taking a Valkyrie ride to Valhalla. So far (I'm in to the 2nd chapter) I haven't had any major issues with the camera. Most of the time I'm sliding around a battlefield and don't really need to "see" my target on screen if I know they are there I move the controller in their direction and slide right to them. My only complaint would be that I HAVE to use ranged attacks at various points. Of course if I ever master the ranged melee attack that may not be such an issue and I understand they need to balance the game for those that actually want to play a ranged character. All in all I'll be playing it through at least once and can see some replay with different classes and some online co-op in my future. Expand
  47. DaveR.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Excellent game, albeit a bit short - I don't know where the bad reviews are coming from.
  48. ChrisT
    Sep 15, 2008
    This game is quite a disappointment and not really worth your money. There's no 4 player co-op, the actual game is only about 7-8 hours long in terms of storyline and the game's camera system is obnoxious. There's only about 8-10 hours of gameplay here and the game has quite a few bugs and other blemishes like the unintuitive menu system. Give it a pass or rent it instead, This game is quite a disappointment and not really worth your money. There's no 4 player co-op, the actual game is only about 7-8 hours long in terms of storyline and the game's camera system is obnoxious. There's only about 8-10 hours of gameplay here and the game has quite a few bugs and other blemishes like the unintuitive menu system. Give it a pass or rent it instead, maybe the developers will put some actual effort into the sequel. It's hard to believe they spent 5+ years making this game, it feels like a game that was meant for the developers to play instead of their customers. There's so many little annoyances that just pile up and the ridiculous lack of variety in the environment is almost offensive. When people talk about dumbed down console titles, they're really referring to Too Human. Collapse
  49. gk
    Sep 2, 2008
    The story could use some work. And the camera is is a bit wonky. But the depth of this game...from its controls to combos to leveling to customization is pretty unbelievable. I got 10 hours into the game before I realized the potential of how cool and fun this game actually is. Because I didn't take the time to read & understand how to do everything. But once I did, wow! I am The story could use some work. And the camera is is a bit wonky. But the depth of this game...from its controls to combos to leveling to customization is pretty unbelievable. I got 10 hours into the game before I realized the potential of how cool and fun this game actually is. Because I didn't take the time to read & understand how to do everything. But once I did, wow! I am enjoying the hell out of it. I feel as though some of the press didn't take the time to truly get it either. It's a shame really. Expand
  50. AnonymousMC
    Sep 5, 2008
    I was one of the few people not bashing this game before it came out. I was actually looking forward to this for a long time. Unfortunately, the bashers, while they spoke for all the wrong reasons, were right. As much as I wanted to like it, this game simply isn't much fun to play. The premise seems intriguing, but nothing really delivers. The much-lauded story is cheesy and handledI was one of the few people not bashing this game before it came out. I was actually looking forward to this for a long time. Unfortunately, the bashers, while they spoke for all the wrong reasons, were right. As much as I wanted to like it, this game simply isn't much fun to play. The premise seems intriguing, but nothing really delivers. The much-lauded story is cheesy and handled very clumsily, despite the interesting cyber-Norse mythology setting. The character animations lack polish and the models look horrible up close. In fact, except for the presence of the required shiny next-gen textures and the large environments, this game looks like it could have come out on the first Xbox without losing much. The meat of the game, the combat, just feels and looks stupid and unsatisfying. You just move the right analog stick and float from enemy to enemy, flailing clumsily. You can literally play it with your feet and succeed! You could argue that hack-and-slash games never have deep combat, but this one tries hard to be an action game and it fails miserably. What's more, the cybernet-hopping environmental "puzzles" are uninteractive and poorly implemented, not amounting to anything more than a tedious walk and a button-press. Basically everything that was supposed to be a draw for this game is lame, with the sole exception of the art style and the loot. The only way I can see someone really enjoying this is if they're unexperienced gamers and simply don't know any better, or are just plain deluded. Any level-headed gamer wouldn't waste their time with this. You've got bigger and better fish to fry, guys. Expand
  51. nathang
    Aug 9, 2009
    I have loved everything silicon knights has put out and this is no exception. The go out on a limb to create something with good stories and personality and all people can do is say its no Diablo. I, frankly am very thankful its not. Diablo was boring. The only fault is having to wait every time you die.
  52. WaitingforSomethinggrand
    Jul 25, 2008
    Solid demo and first in a trilogy. How long has it taken for any company to even approach a game such as Too Human on any console. SK knights took a chance and I hope it pays off in platinum. Loot, frentic combat, skills, upgrades, Co-Op and an interesting story. Try it.. you might like it.
  53. JustinP.
    Aug 12, 2008
    Awesome game
  54. JoshJ.
    Aug 13, 2008
    Great and new experience on the 360. Graphics are good, the colors are vibrant, and the game has so much depth and gameplay it will last you at least 50 hours.
  55. LesB.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Man it is a good game but really has it's flaws hopefully SK fixes them on TH2 and that game blows this one out of the water, still enjoying it though.
  56. JamesM.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Not a great game but still a very good one. Too bad it's getting a bad rep from all the stupid internet hate. A lot of people may miss out on this game because of it.
  57. TimothyC.
    Aug 19, 2008
    People are to hard on this game. the 360 has nothing like it so far and is a very nice game. I found no problem with the targeting system , i think people who have a problem with it need to invest some time into LEARNING how to play this game. This game is about leveling up and collecting kick ass loot and building a toon. Story should be minimal anyways like in D2.
  58. TomL.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Game sucks,many bugs/glitches and boring.
  59. FrankA
    Aug 21, 2008
    Innovative dungeon crawl with multiple play styles and plentiful loot. And best of all plenty of "who wants some" moments.
  60. DanM
    Aug 21, 2008
    I played for about 8 hours over two days but couldn't keep going. The camera made gameplay difficult to follow and the story was just unbelievably corny. Graphics were great, I got to give it that, but the game just doesn't hold a candle to many great ones out there. I have already traded it in
  61. dudedugan
    Aug 21, 2008
    To all the people who dont get it, your loss! this game is great, its basically a 3D Diablo II meets WOW for the action RPG gamer, great fun and I havent even finished the game yet, I dove headlong into Co-op with a pal and we played 4.5 hours and had a blast
  62. YuniB.
    Aug 21, 2008
    awesome game, it's very addictive. some of the so called 'pro' reviews are a joke, i don't think they even played it for more than 2 hours. the game is a blast!!!!
  63. ZaneB.
    Aug 20, 2008
    Everyone needs to give this game a chance, it is pure genius! Trust the camera, and it will work well, spend half an hour playing and the combat is smooth and well controlled, the best part is the LOOT!!!!
  64. AlekX.
    Aug 20, 2008
    A very solid action RPG with a difficult to learn, but fun combat system. Don't expect this game to dazzle you with its narrative though, because the story is pretty darn bad.
  65. JohnO.
    Aug 20, 2008
    I have just beat the game with a Champion and this is by far one of if not the best game I've played this year.
  66. Scott
    Aug 21, 2008
    It seems to me that some of the ratings on here are from people who haven't really played the game. It's got some problems (learn to love your left bumper), but the gameplay is actually really good. The monsters do attack in similar basic ways which isn't necessarily repetitive- diablo did the same. Also, in most areas the melee mobs are mixed up w/ranged so you have to It seems to me that some of the ratings on here are from people who haven't really played the game. It's got some problems (learn to love your left bumper), but the gameplay is actually really good. The monsters do attack in similar basic ways which isn't necessarily repetitive- diablo did the same. Also, in most areas the melee mobs are mixed up w/ranged so you have to prioritize threats. The melee will swarm you if you aren't good at managing your space to get to the ranged. They did a nice job of forcing you to bounce between ranged and melee attacks too (at least if you are doing it right). Because you are constantly trying to move and open up space, the combat doesn't feel repetitive to me. It feels really awesome to chain slides and juggles together to do damage to several mobs then pop a ruiner. If you let them swarm you and you just swing the RS around, ya it's boring (and you'll see the Valkyrie animation alot. This game is all about controlling your space- and that's a cool and different dynamic. Ya, I guess you can call me a fan-boy. Because I like the game. Expand
  67. GarretJ.
    Aug 21, 2008
    it has flaws but the fun factor is off the charts A loot me up worth playing as a SP but MP is where it shines Try the demo first, play it twice. Then decide (Berserker all the way).
  68. BartJ
    Aug 22, 2008
    No its not worth a nine but it also isn't worth the low score that others have put down. This game is simply a blast with a friend especially if you like Diablo 2. Huge amount of armour, weapons etc. Controls are innovative and great once you take the time to learn them. Repetitive? What game isn't? This game is truly a gem and needs to be given a chance.
  69. JohnS.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Just play through the demo four times and save your money.
  70. MarkV.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Basically this is gaming crack for me. I will play though it for a while and then pull it back out from time to time to level my guys up even further. A great game to just pull out at any give time and just go on a rampage.
  71. DanG.
    Aug 23, 2008
    imagine the combat of God of War mixed with the upgrade abilities on Bioshock x3 and you have a glimpse of what this game has to offer. You are in total control of the way Baldur deals out damage to enemies. The different classes and the amount of customization means that each playthrough will be totally unique. The only shortcoming to me was that when you die a cut scene keeps you from imagine the combat of God of War mixed with the upgrade abilities on Bioshock x3 and you have a glimpse of what this game has to offer. You are in total control of the way Baldur deals out damage to enemies. The different classes and the amount of customization means that each playthrough will be totally unique. The only shortcoming to me was that when you die a cut scene keeps you from getting right back into the action. Maybe a downloadable patch could fix this. I was very impressed by the quality and effort that was put into this game. Expand
  72. DaveM
    Aug 23, 2008
    Not really sure what game people have been playing who've given this such terrible scores & reviews. I think it's a blast -- sure, it's not perfect, but I have fun playing it, and that's all I really care about in the end.
  73. ChrisR.
    Aug 23, 2008
    Terrible terrible game! practically unplayable. camera angles were bad. glitches and bugs everywhere. I want my money back!!!!!!
  74. RickS
    Aug 23, 2008
    Borrowed the game, and yes it sucks, not badly justs sucks. The game tries to be Devil May Cry with Lord of the rings,Star Wars and somewhat final fantasy thrown in. Now stand alone those games are really amazing, put them together and you get crap that is Too Human. The only reason i gave this a 3 is for the leveling up system(like it and kinda hate it), other than that it's a Borrowed the game, and yes it sucks, not badly justs sucks. The game tries to be Devil May Cry with Lord of the rings,Star Wars and somewhat final fantasy thrown in. Now stand alone those games are really amazing, put them together and you get crap that is Too Human. The only reason i gave this a 3 is for the leveling up system(like it and kinda hate it), other than that it's a confusing mess. The story is taken way too seriously(mythology) and its very cut up, the gameplay can at times be good then new enemies come to the mix and it gets dumbed down, just damn near BORING, i am NOT gonna be playing 2 more games with the this title, message to Silicon Knights, stick to something, please, either give me a good story line, or music, or controls, or a better hack n slash gameplay for part 2. Because it's obvious you can't pull off any of the above. Just seems to me too many people had a say in the game. Casual gamers might like it, but i'v played way better games in this genre. At times(very few) Too Human can be fast paced fun, but you get these long stops of stupid pieces of equipment(looting), the terrible story and weird combat, nothing in this game flows. Nothing. Expand
  75. JorgeM.
    Aug 24, 2008
    This game does not deserve 6s or 7s. It has some flaws, but once you get a feel for the controls, is a blast! It's one of the most addicting games I have played.
  76. JohnTenerek
    Aug 24, 2008
    Only played for a few hours, but I really like this game. Gets better when u upgrade skills and gears. Lots of fun to be had in the fighting and the game looks great. Stable good fps so far. The game has a interesting mix of the old Norse myth and modern world, even future tech. Cannot understand why some official sites etc give this game a far worse score then games like spiderman, hulk etc
  77. DEMODEMO
    Aug 26, 2008
    Only played the Demo and found the demo so bad that i have avoided the rest of the game. Controls , Camera and gameplay are all terrible, and i guess that this has been carried into the full product.
  78. JenM.
    Aug 20, 2008
    How is it that this game got such a high score. 68 for a game with repetitive game play, lousy graphics and poor QC. Don't bother with this one if you must then either rent it or wait for the bargains.
  79. AndrewP.
    Aug 27, 2008
    A few issues and out of date production values keep this title from being a bold new take on the Action/RPG dungeon crawler. The story is an inventive re-imagining of Norse Myth and the Right Stick combat keeps simple button mashing combat akin to the well received Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance series from approaching the normal tedium. Deep item customization options, skill trees and A few issues and out of date production values keep this title from being a bold new take on the Action/RPG dungeon crawler. The story is an inventive re-imagining of Norse Myth and the Right Stick combat keeps simple button mashing combat akin to the well received Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance series from approaching the normal tedium. Deep item customization options, skill trees and 5 classes allow various approaches to slaughtering mass enemies in the quest for better loot. Expand
  80. JustinC
    Aug 27, 2008
    A forgettable, nonsensical story, gameplay as repetitive as it gets, graphics utterly unacceptable for this late in the console's life cycle, a flaccid facade of RPG elements, and the frustrating lack of a RUN button left this game as a massive pile of "meh."
  81. KevF
    Aug 28, 2008
    great game no way does it deserve a 1! people hype games up too much expecting greatness and are disappointed because it isn't one of the best if u don't expect greatness this game excels.
  82. PaulW.
    Aug 29, 2008
    it may not be the most original game, but the story really drag you into the action, and so far having spent a whole day playing the game, I haven't got bored with it at all, in fact i cant wait to finish work and get back to the action.
  83. NigelT.
    Aug 30, 2008
    For the first time ever the press reviews are actually more accurate than the user reviews, thats weird. Why? Maybe they are trying to justify the fact that they pre-ordered and paid 60$ for a game that is garbage. Controls are dismal, Ape Escape on PSX had a better approach than this. Storyline iscliche to say the least. Someone compaired this to Mass Effect saying it got rated unfairly, For the first time ever the press reviews are actually more accurate than the user reviews, thats weird. Why? Maybe they are trying to justify the fact that they pre-ordered and paid 60$ for a game that is garbage. Controls are dismal, Ape Escape on PSX had a better approach than this. Storyline iscliche to say the least. Someone compaired this to Mass Effect saying it got rated unfairly, and Mass Effect got praised. Sure, Mass Effect also had glitches. BUT Mass Effect also had an amazing storyline, interactive dialoge, deep RPG elements, and not to mention 100+ hours of play time. Thank God I have the Blockbuster game pass and didn't pay for this media hyped, I think I might go trade this back in for Mass Effect. Expand
  84. MichaelD
    Aug 30, 2008
    An average game. It has an interesting control sceme at first. Soon though you will realize that theres not too much to it and its quite boring. Its a machine sci-fi... staring at the same bunch of machines with different colors just plain sucks. Then the maps are just as boring, creating a walk three feet fight, walk three feet fight scenario. Singleplayer and it's story are just An average game. It has an interesting control sceme at first. Soon though you will realize that theres not too much to it and its quite boring. Its a machine sci-fi... staring at the same bunch of machines with different colors just plain sucks. Then the maps are just as boring, creating a walk three feet fight, walk three feet fight scenario. Singleplayer and it's story are just bad. Multiplayer is this games only saving grace. It's actually kinda fun with a friend, sadly it's only one friend which limits so much. If they dont add a ton of depth to the other games in the trilogy, (if they even make them) this franchise started four feet down the other two feet will be quick. Expand
  85. BenoitR.
    Aug 9, 2008
    After Ten Years of Dev Too Human finally became an instant classic. In a Way only PSO on dreamcast and Diablo II on PC made it, that's the perfect choice for hack and slash / rpg fan, with a lot of packed action, deep gameplay, deep customization and strong story. The minus goes for the camera which need time to get used too, and the coop which is for now on with only two players. After Ten Years of Dev Too Human finally became an instant classic. In a Way only PSO on dreamcast and Diablo II on PC made it, that's the perfect choice for hack and slash / rpg fan, with a lot of packed action, deep gameplay, deep customization and strong story. The minus goes for the camera which need time to get used too, and the coop which is for now on with only two players. Must buy anyway. Expand
  86. CameronP.
    Sep 17, 2008
    I really enjoyed the gameplay, that is, the controls and figuration were fun. However, I felt very bored and confused by the storyline and that ruined the game for me.
  87. PaulG.
    Sep 21, 2008
    Its not perfect obviously but you have to look at it for what it is most people don't like it because its to short but its not about the stories length its essentially trying to be a diablo 2 type game and if you play diablo 2 currently you can beat the game with someone helping you in 5 to 10 minutes yet it is still one of the most popular games around. So please do not look at this Its not perfect obviously but you have to look at it for what it is most people don't like it because its to short but its not about the stories length its essentially trying to be a diablo 2 type game and if you play diablo 2 currently you can beat the game with someone helping you in 5 to 10 minutes yet it is still one of the most popular games around. So please do not look at this to be similar to wow or mass effect its not and its not trying to be. Expand
  88. RikC
    Sep 26, 2008
    The controls seem irritating and unnatural at first but after a short play you realise they are quite simple. I think this game was unnecessarily slammed by critics, who have some good points but didn't seem to want to like the game. It's much more action and not so much RPG and VERY fast paced, it's held my attention longer then GTA IV.
  89. BeckyC
    Sep 3, 2008
    To whoever said those that like it are only saying that to justify the price they paid: behave. I love the game and think it is a 'Marmite' game which is either loved or hated. I love the upgrading element and the controls are fine; in fact they add to the experience. Big battles are satisfying because you can move the stick around to go between the baddies. This is more fun To whoever said those that like it are only saying that to justify the price they paid: behave. I love the game and think it is a 'Marmite' game which is either loved or hated. I love the upgrading element and the controls are fine; in fact they add to the experience. Big battles are satisfying because you can move the stick around to go between the baddies. This is more fun than if it had been a button bashing control scheme. The camera can be frustrating on the more difficult levels so I hope this gets rectified for the sequels. Expand
  90. LyleB.
    Sep 6, 2008
    I really am struggling to understand how jaded many of my former favorite critics have become. This is a great game. Yep it has flaws like stiff acting and it's balancing can be frustrating at times but sheesh - It's a blast to play. If you like RPG's you really should check it out. Building the ultimate Baldur is very entertaining.
  91. AB
    Sep 7, 2008
    I am appalled by the lack of professionalism shown by so called 'professional' reviewers. I didn't realise what a pathetic bunch of fanboys they really are. What a joke. Go get a real qualification and learn how to be objective - if you've ever even heard of the word. Too Human is a good game. Difficulty scaling might mean that there are no simple runs to be had, but I am appalled by the lack of professionalism shown by so called 'professional' reviewers. I didn't realise what a pathetic bunch of fanboys they really are. What a joke. Go get a real qualification and learn how to be objective - if you've ever even heard of the word. Too Human is a good game. Difficulty scaling might mean that there are no simple runs to be had, but what ever happened to rising to the challenge of games with some level of difficulty? The game is not broken. The combat is not broken. The story is good and will get better. The professional reviews are a joke and a travesty. Expand
  92. MarkF.
    Sep 7, 2008
    Awesome game, just trying to collect the weapons and armour will keep me going for ages and the combat never gets boring.
  93. VicVicious
    Sep 7, 2008
    I wanted to add my 2 cents just because I've been looking forward to Too Human for so long. I'm a bad news good news type of guy so let's get the bad news out of the way first..The camera is not always your friend. I understand that the camera is supposed to be an afterthought to the player but it isn't, I found myself frequently pressing the LB during combat to I wanted to add my 2 cents just because I've been looking forward to Too Human for so long. I'm a bad news good news type of guy so let's get the bad news out of the way first..The camera is not always your friend. I understand that the camera is supposed to be an afterthought to the player but it isn't, I found myself frequently pressing the LB during combat to orientate myself with enemies that were offscreen attacking me from long range, so while for a good 85% of the time the camera does a good job of keeping melee enemies in sight the other 15% was filled with offscreen missiles/arrows depleting my heath and causing great tirades of pissedness when I died. Next, being tactical does not always equal success. In Too Human there are sections where just brute offense will flat out get you killed in seconds... so it usually helps to survey the battlefield and find out what enemies need to be exterminated first to ensure success, but even when you do all that you can to wade through the waves of enemies in a certain fashion you can still die from one wrong roll or juggle which I think is pretty harsh seeing as how many enemies can be thrown at you at a time...which leads me to the next bad news. This game is easy to pick up but yet difficult to fully understand(initially) what type of power you have at your disposal, most players for the first 5-10 hours are sloshing through Too Human without really knowing what everything in their arsenal/armory does. To this day I have no idea how Strength or Dexterity help my character... could I go on the internet and find out, sure I could.. should I have to do that..no I shouldn't. Silicon Knights developed Too Human knowing that there is an audience that is already familiar with these type of terms and statuses but forgot to include some sort of explanation for the average Joe that explains these details, I figure they could have added an index in game or to the instruction manual to at least give players a reference point. So with the bad news out of the way, onto the good news... Once you have an understanding of what Too Human is and how you go about playing it, it's a blast. Most people that found the combat mundane or died frequently probably are still going through the initially learning curve that comes with Too Human (dual stick combat, battling the camera, waves of "smart" enemies), for them I say THINK, if you do not think of what you need to do in the game you will not find it fun at all because you'll be watching the Valkyrie pick your dead carcass up all too frequently. The game is a challenge, and it takes a bit to figure out enemy strengths and weaknesses. I found the game challenging and cheap at times(freezing Troll snipers!!!) , but I always realized what I did wrong after I died. There is satisfaction in mowing down wave after wave of enemies switching from melee combat to fully automatic carnage and coming out with barely a scratch that does make you feel like Baldur is a demigod. I'm going on 60 hours of playing the game so far on my second character and find that now that I know what I'm doing the game isn't as daunting as it was initially. If you're skeptical about the game at least give it a try and rent it, it's action, RPG, and strategy all rolled into one game. Expand
  94. JosephB.
    Sep 8, 2008
    I played the demo and it is WAY OVERHYPED! Most definitely not buying the full game.
  95. WilliamC.
    Sep 9, 2008
    It baffles me how a great game like Too Human, recieving an aggregate score of 65 on MC, can get a worse score than absolute tripe like Lost Planet gets a 79. Reviewers cited repetitive combat and glitchy aiming systems for Too Human, but Lost Planets featured 15 hours of ridiculous boredom while facing the same badly-rendered enemies over and over again, while desperately trying to aim It baffles me how a great game like Too Human, recieving an aggregate score of 65 on MC, can get a worse score than absolute tripe like Lost Planet gets a 79. Reviewers cited repetitive combat and glitchy aiming systems for Too Human, but Lost Planets featured 15 hours of ridiculous boredom while facing the same badly-rendered enemies over and over again, while desperately trying to aim with its horrible travesty of a better games targeting system. Sniping using the d-pad? Come on! Also, while Too Human has a fairly good storyline featuring a cybernetic counterpart to mythology, with great characters and voice acting to boot, Lost Planet is a jumbled mess of a game, with see-through, forgettable characters and a predictable, done-before story that makes games like Act Zero seem like jewel-studded masterpieces. Great job, critics, you've earned a rightful place in my mind as some of the most biased, unfair reviewers I've ever read from. Expand
  96. DavidB
    Oct 19, 2009
    Great game! i have no idea what is with all these other reviewers, they are all biased. This game offers alot. Great combat, character customization, seemingly unlimited amounts of weapons, armor and runes to use. The game has great graphics, with well done movies, and a good story. I bought this game because it looked interesting, despite all these negative reviews i saw, i tried it and Great game! i have no idea what is with all these other reviewers, they are all biased. This game offers alot. Great combat, character customization, seemingly unlimited amounts of weapons, armor and runes to use. The game has great graphics, with well done movies, and a good story. I bought this game because it looked interesting, despite all these negative reviews i saw, i tried it and they were all wrong. Awsome game! My only complaint was in the first 30mins. The camera is new and funny and it made me go whoa! but after a while you get used to it and it seems 100% natural. So give this game a go! Expand
  97. DanB
    May 2, 2009
    The learning curve is steep, as death is an all too frequent occurance. Made worse by the unskippable Valkyrie cinematic upon every demise. But the combat is addicting and customization and looting is a lot of fun. Muscling through is what I did in the beginning until my skills increased, and I developed a style of my own. The story and merging of Norse mythology with Technology is very The learning curve is steep, as death is an all too frequent occurance. Made worse by the unskippable Valkyrie cinematic upon every demise. But the combat is addicting and customization and looting is a lot of fun. Muscling through is what I did in the beginning until my skills increased, and I developed a style of my own. The story and merging of Norse mythology with Technology is very interesting. A second playthrough yields more fun as having the grip of the game is a plus. One suggestion SK, let me be able to outrun some of my enemies. Sometimes retreat is an option, but not really if I'm the slowest thing in the game! Expand
  98. ShaneP
    Jun 1, 2009
    The entire game just seems poorly done. The finisher for me was the discovery that you could defeat the early enemies with your eyes closed by just rotating the analog stick in a circle (i'm serious, this works).
  99. AlastairM
    Sep 6, 2009
    Takes a few minutes to get used to the controls and the camera, after that is out of the way it is a substantial and immersive game, and you rack up combo attacks intuitively so don't have any lasting issues. I think this game has had an excessively harsh ride from some people due to hype pre release and different controls.
  100. EddieO.
    Oct 16, 2008
    Excellent graphics and movie scenes however not intuitive to master. Camera difficult to use. Not the best game I have played.

Too Human is also not a good action game. While it deserves some applause for a reasonable translation of PC classic Diablo's mouse-driven controls, its reliance on the right analog stick as a means for attack only works at the most basic level.
  2. Too Human is about players sculpting their ideal killing machines. If you enjoy leveling and looting, it's worth a look. If you only have a moderate interest, Too Human's aggravating gameplay and irreparable plot won't deliver many thrills. [Sept 2008, p.104]
  3. If wading knee deep in the dead to get at a piece of armour that’s 5% better than what you’re currently wearing isn’t the kind of adventuring that excites you, then you’re in trouble, because Too Human is exactly this type of game. Kill, loot, compare, equip, repeat.