Top Spin 3 Xbox 360

7.7

1. JobA
    Dec 27, 2008
    I'm telling you...I played and played and this game is terrible.Read my review on Top Spin 2, I gave it a 9.6,cause it was great.This game tries to be to real which makes it slow and complicated.That does not make it real by the way to all you reviewers.If you ever watched tennis or played it,it is fast and intense.I am really disappointed with this title cause I love tennis and have I'm telling you...I played and played and this game is terrible.Read my review on Top Spin 2, I gave it a 9.6,cause it was great.This game tries to be to real which makes it slow and complicated.That does not make it real by the way to all you reviewers.If you ever watched tennis or played it,it is fast and intense.I am really disappointed with this title cause I love tennis and have been a fan since I played tennis on the Atari.This title deserves a 5 and nothing more. Expand
  2. NovakD
    Jul 2, 2008
    Best Sport s Game of 2008. New intuative controls that make the game feel like youre a real tennis player. Amazingly realistic graphics, sound that makes you feel like your on the centre court at a grandslam, excellent loading times, lag-free on xbox live, good range pros to choose from, excellent single player career and custom character options. This game has nearly everthing except for Best Sport s Game of 2008. New intuative controls that make the game feel like youre a real tennis player. Amazingly realistic graphics, sound that makes you feel like your on the centre court at a grandslam, excellent loading times, lag-free on xbox live, good range pros to choose from, excellent single player career and custom character options. This game has nearly everthing except for "commentary" and Hawk-eye Challenges. Expand
  3. MarkD.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Top Spin 3 is easily the best tennis game ever made. People that give this game a low rating simply do not know how to play it.
  4. ThomasB
    Jun 30, 2008
    I've payed all the tennis games over the p ast 5 years, Top Spin 1 & 2 and Virtua Tennis 3 and Top Spin 3 is head and shoulders above all of these other titles. The gameplay is very realstic with comprehensive controls that allow your player to do just about anything that happens on a real tennis court. I was expecting a solid game but PAM/2KSports have far exceeded my expectations I've payed all the tennis games over the p ast 5 years, Top Spin 1 & 2 and Virtua Tennis 3 and Top Spin 3 is head and shoulders above all of these other titles. The gameplay is very realstic with comprehensive controls that allow your player to do just about anything that happens on a real tennis court. I was expecting a solid game but PAM/2KSports have far exceeded my expectations with Top Spin 3 to the point of amazement. Any reviewer that scores this game low doesnt understand the mechanics of real tennis and they simply do not know how to play this game. It's that simple. The controls are perfect IMHO and if they were any easier the game would become boring fast. The only complaint i have with this game, and this is being really picky, is would like to see "Commentary with "Fred Stolle" "Tony Trabert" and "Cliff Drysdale" as well as the "Hawkeye Challenge System" implimented in Top Spin 4. That would bring the added atmosphere that this title is screaming out for and would make the overral experience that much more enjoyable. Don't waste your time pondering though, and take it from someone that knows "real tennis" as well as video game tennis, Top Spin 3 is easily the best "next-gen" tennis game available on any console so get yourself a copy and see you on the court! ;) Expand
    Jun 30, 2008
    The controls do take some getting used to but it really isn't that hard and once you get into the career and online its the best Top Spin game so far. Must buy if you're a tennis fan.
  6. Fredd
    Jun 30, 2008
    A Tennis SIMULATION,this is what this game is,don't expect to master the game right away , you need practice and a lot of timing. Give the game some time and you will be reward by what i call the best tennis simulation to date.
  7. DustinH
    Jul 11, 2008
    I don't think this game should be discounted because it's challenging. It makes moving up towards legendary status feel more rewarding. You don't just go through the motions, you have to earn it.
  8. Chireu
    Jul 2, 2008
    Amazingly realistic graphics, sound and simulated tennis gameplay. Makes all other tennis games feel obsolete
  9. StephaneJ
    Jul 23, 2008
    Keep in mind that this game is very hard, so if you're looking for a quick game once every three moons, this is not what you're looking for. But in a time where every game seems to be toned down to suit every type of player (except, perhaps, the real, hardcore gamer), it is very nice to see a no-compromise title stand out! A must.
  10. Kyle
    Jul 30, 2008
    The best tennis game I've ever played. If you love tennis and you always wished tennis video games were more like real tennis, this is what you've been waiting for. This game gets me pumped up. When you win a tough rally you can't help but yell, "Come on!"
  11. TerryC.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Not bad but the control scheme is hard to get used to and the game is a bit dull.
  12. ApocalypseBrown
    Jun 27, 2008
    There is actually a very good game here, unfortunately its buried under a mound of difficulty. Take Two have redeemed themselves for the disaster that was TS2, but have forgotten that gamers like a challenge they can achieve in a short space of time. The clunky movement is the worse of the series, with players incapable of quickly switching direction period. That and the infuriating risk There is actually a very good game here, unfortunately its buried under a mound of difficulty. Take Two have redeemed themselves for the disaster that was TS2, but have forgotten that gamers like a challenge they can achieve in a short space of time. The clunky movement is the worse of the series, with players incapable of quickly switching direction period. That and the infuriating risk shots are looses around the neck for the poor gamer. But the game mechanics and graphics are superb. Characters are now unlockable, and there are a vast range of online and offline modes. And although Wimbledon has been swapped for the 'Irish' open, all the authenticity is present and rocking. It will take around a week of solid play to beat the A.I. on normal, but regular trips to training mode will help a lot. Anyway like I said, TS3 is very good in principle, but just wish the difficulty wasn't so high! Expand
  13. GeEkNeRd
    Jun 28, 2008
    A game for hardcore players only. I wanted a family game to play when friends drop in, but there is no chance of any instant fun since the control scheme is so darn tough. I'm returning my serve to Virtua Tennis 3. I'm really dissapointed that this game is so noob unfriendly. Shame.
  14. LarsB
    Jul 12, 2008
    this game really makes my dreams come true. The gameplay is a manifestation! Thank you Take2 for the courage to realise this pearl of Tennis-Videogame!
  15. RobC
    Jul 9, 2008
    I don't get it. I'm one of the LEAST hardcore gamers in the world, these days, preferring Wii Sports over Halo 3 et al. (Although there's still a place in my game library for the likes of GTA4 and Halo.) All I've read about Top Spin 3 points to hideously complicated controls that cater only for ubergamers, and yet after an hour playing the Xbox Live demo, I'm I don't get it. I'm one of the LEAST hardcore gamers in the world, these days, preferring Wii Sports over Halo 3 et al. (Although there's still a place in my game library for the likes of GTA4 and Halo.) All I've read about Top Spin 3 points to hideously complicated controls that cater only for ubergamers, and yet after an hour playing the Xbox Live demo, I'm thoroughly hooked, perfectly able to beat it comfortably, and eager to save up the money and buy the full game. Virtual Tennis 3 got old very fast, such that I traded it ages ago - but Top Spin 3 looks like it'll have the legs to keep me interested for the long haul. I urge ANYONE who's having any doubts about this game to give the Xbox demo a try. Persevere, stick with the tutorial (which is actually very good, as in-game tutorials go!) and just give it more than a glance. Like I said, I'm no hardcore gamer, but it's worrying to see that so many people apparently don't want to give a new control system a chance. Expand
  16. DanA
    Jul 23, 2008
    Easily the best tennis game I've played. Someone said it's "boring"... no. Someone gave it a poor rating because it's not "IWIN BUTTON" possible.. sorry but invest more than 30 minutes in this game and you will definitely see its value. You will progressively improve as you play in career mode, it does take a bit of playtime to master the timing and controls but when Easily the best tennis game I've played. Someone said it's "boring"... no. Someone gave it a poor rating because it's not "IWIN BUTTON" possible.. sorry but invest more than 30 minutes in this game and you will definitely see its value. You will progressively improve as you play in career mode, it does take a bit of playtime to master the timing and controls but when discover how to hit a forehand smash right down the baseline for a winner, you will leap off your seat and yell! Very responsive, good controls, excellent physics and graphics, plays like real tennis, looks like real tennis... is BETTER than real tennis :) Expand
  17. JasonN
    Dec 17, 2009
    What a waste of time. This game has ruined the Top Spin series of tennis games. Who thought it was a brilliant idea to change the game play, remove power meters and just generally mess up a good game? Thanks 2kSports, I will no longer be purchasing your games if this is what you do to them.
  18. Apr 22, 2012
    I'm very mad at myself because I already reviewed this game and gave it a 5.It's genious passed by me because I didn't give it the"die hard"kind of look at like I should of.If you play for less than 2 hours then you will not see the true brilliance in this game.Learn the controls because they give you true satisfaction for every point you earn.Look,EA is now using the same sort of controlsI'm very mad at myself because I already reviewed this game and gave it a 5.It's genious passed by me because I didn't give it the"die hard"kind of look at like I should of.If you play for less than 2 hours then you will not see the true brilliance in this game.Learn the controls because they give you true satisfaction for every point you earn.Look,EA is now using the same sort of controls in there latest title,grand slam tennis 2 but there control scheme doesn't match this game and they were made 4 years apart.I think 2K made a perfect pacing with what a tennis game should be,with this game.I think Top Spin 4 is a better game as a whole package but this games controls are spot on too.You can pick this game up for under $10 now and it's well worth a lot more.Don't waste your time with EA's game cause you will regret it.There game is like a shiny version of tennis for the Atari back in the day.This game has an awesome single player game that you'll play 5 years from now.Great job 2K!9.5 Expand
  19. Aug 29, 2013
    When a video game series becomes less accessible and more difficult to master than the actual sport it was based on, something has gone horribly awry. I might rather stick with the actual sport, or better yet, the indisputably more fun and superior looking Virtua Tennis series. (This game looks almost as terrible as it plays.)

1. All of this boils down to gameplay that is slower-paced, more realistic, and lightyears more satisfying than "Top Spin 2's" or anything with "Virtua" in its name. [June 2008, p.74]
  2. Superb tennis sim, but where's Wimbledon? [July 2008, p.85]
    On the one hand the new gameplay mechanics have been implemented really well, but on the other we just can't believe the team still hasn't got the risk/power shots right. Still, don't let that stop you giving this a try.