7.7

1. Apr 22, 2012
    I'm very mad at myself because I already reviewed this game and gave it a 5.It's genious passed by me because I didn't give it the"die hard"kind of look at like I should of.If you play for less than 2 hours then you will not see the true brilliance in this game.Learn the controls because they give you true satisfaction for every point you earn.Look,EA is now using the same sort of controls in there latest title,grand slam tennis 2 but there control scheme doesn't match this game and they were made 4 years apart.I think 2K made a perfect pacing with what a tennis game should be,with this game.I think Top Spin 4 is a better game as a whole package but this games controls are spot on too.You can pick this game up for under $10 now and it's well worth a lot more.Don't waste your time with EA's game cause you will regret it.There game is like a shiny version of tennis for the Atari back in the day.This game has an awesome single player game that you'll play 5 years from now.Great job 2K!9.5 Expand
  2. Aug 29, 2013
    When a video game series becomes less accessible and more difficult to master than the actual sport it was based on, something has gone horribly awry. I might rather stick with the actual sport, or better yet, the indisputably more fun and superior looking Virtua Tennis series. (This game looks almost as terrible as it plays.)

1. All of this boils down to gameplay that is slower-paced, more realistic, and lightyears more satisfying than "Top Spin 2's" or anything with "Virtua" in its name. [June 2008, p.74]
  2. Superb tennis sim, but where's Wimbledon? [July 2008, p.85]
    On the one hand the new gameplay mechanics have been implemented really well, but on the other we just can't believe the team still hasn't got the risk/power shots right. Still, don't let that stop you giving this a try.