Top Spin 3 Xbox 360

7.6

1. JobA
    Dec 27, 2008
    I'm telling you...I played and played and this game is terrible.Read my review on Top Spin 2, I gave it a 9.6,cause it was great.This game tries to be to real which makes it slow and complicated.That does not make it real by the way to all you reviewers.If you ever watched tennis or played it,it is fast and intense.I am really disappointed with this title cause I love tennis and have I'm telling you...I played and played and this game is terrible.Read my review on Top Spin 2, I gave it a 9.6,cause it was great.This game tries to be to real which makes it slow and complicated.That does not make it real by the way to all you reviewers.If you ever watched tennis or played it,it is fast and intense.I am really disappointed with this title cause I love tennis and have been a fan since I played tennis on the Atari.This title deserves a 5 and nothing more. Expand
  2. TerryC.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Not bad but the control scheme is hard to get used to and the game is a bit dull.
  3. ApocalypseBrown
    Jun 27, 2008
    There is actually a very good game here, unfortunately its buried under a mound of difficulty. Take Two have redeemed themselves for the disaster that was TS2, but have forgotten that gamers like a challenge they can achieve in a short space of time. The clunky movement is the worse of the series, with players incapable of quickly switching direction period. That and the infuriating risk There is actually a very good game here, unfortunately its buried under a mound of difficulty. Take Two have redeemed themselves for the disaster that was TS2, but have forgotten that gamers like a challenge they can achieve in a short space of time. The clunky movement is the worse of the series, with players incapable of quickly switching direction period. That and the infuriating risk shots are looses around the neck for the poor gamer. But the game mechanics and graphics are superb. Characters are now unlockable, and there are a vast range of online and offline modes. And although Wimbledon has been swapped for the 'Irish' open, all the authenticity is present and rocking. It will take around a week of solid play to beat the A.I. on normal, but regular trips to training mode will help a lot. Anyway like I said, TS3 is very good in principle, but just wish the difficulty wasn't so high! Expand
  4. GeEkNeRd
    Jun 28, 2008
    A game for hardcore players only. I wanted a family game to play when friends drop in, but there is no chance of any instant fun since the control scheme is so darn tough. I'm returning my serve to Virtua Tennis 3. I'm really dissapointed that this game is so noob unfriendly. Shame.
  5. Aug 29, 2013
    When a video game series becomes less accessible and more difficult to master than the actual sport it was based on, something has gone horribly awry. I might rather stick with the actual sport, or better yet, the indisputably more fun and superior looking Virtua Tennis series. (This game looks almost as terrible as it plays.)

1. All of this boils down to gameplay that is slower-paced, more realistic, and lightyears more satisfying than "Top Spin 2's" or anything with "Virtua" in its name. [June 2008, p.74]
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Superb tennis sim, but where's Wimbledon? [July 2008, p.85]
    On the one hand the new gameplay mechanics have been implemented really well, but on the other we just can't believe the team still hasn't got the risk/power shots right. Still, don't let that stop you giving this a try.