8.5

1. DJT
    Mar 22, 2010
    Easily a 10! It's got everything you could want in a war game. Tower Defense/Strategy buffs will dig in as well as action shooter folks! I smiled pleasantly at the game play that keeps me coming back for more. It's how i envisioned my very own toy soldier battles as a kid playing out. GET THIS NOW!
  2. CameronB
    Mar 4, 2010
    Great TD gameplay and the ability to take charge by controlling any one of your units for bonus rewards make his a unique and thrilling experience. Top it off w/ unlockable avatar rewards (a gas mask!) and split screen/online multiplayer and you have one of the best uses for your 1200 MSP you can find.
  3. chuckh
    Mar 4, 2010
    This game has something for most gamers
  4. MarkS
    Mar 7, 2010
    Fantastic game, so much fun! I have been waiting for this since I saw the first trailer and it has more than lived up to what I had hoped. It's addictive, I haven't stopped playing since I got it.
  5. JasonB.
    Mar 29, 2010
    Completely awesome. If you have an xbox 360, you owe it to yourself to download at LEAST a trial of this game.
  6. Nov 17, 2010
    Perfection in a Tower Defense game, absolutely blows every other game in the genre I've ever played out of the water. Toy Soldiers puts you in a beautiful and realistic fully 3D battlefield, with excellent camera controls. But what really sets this game apart is the interactivity in the battlefield. Like every other TD game, you place upgradeable towers to defend your base. But in ToyPerfection in a Tower Defense game, absolutely blows every other game in the genre I've ever played out of the water. Toy Soldiers puts you in a beautiful and realistic fully 3D battlefield, with excellent camera controls. But what really sets this game apart is the interactivity in the battlefield. Like every other TD game, you place upgradeable towers to defend your base. But in Toy Soldiers, you can actually get in the towers and shoot control them yourself! For towers like the cannons, you can even hold the firing button to enter a "shell cam", and steer or slow down the shell as it flies through the air for precision lobs! In many levels, you can send out your own tanks into the fray, and even fighter and bomber planes which can fly over the battle and rain down death below! Really a mind-blowingly fun game, well-worth the $15. Sets the bar for console Tower Defense games. Expand
  7. Dec 30, 2010
    Easy 10. Spanks most other arcade games hands down. The unique atmosphere and art direction really set the game apart for me. If you are tired of the artsy-fartsy indie flash game ports that seem to get all the attention...give toy soldiers a try instead!
  8. Apr 14, 2011
    i can't stop playing it! it's so awesome and i have to get the add-ons. everyone with an xbox has to at least get the trial.
  9. Sep 19, 2011
    who could actually say no to this game because they are literally like your own toys :) but I wished they made it some of it a tiny bit easier. why not have a game of it, it will make you happy
  10. May 13, 2012
    Now it's only 800 msp. Easily worth it if you're looking for a different experience set in a different era. Game captures the feel of the era with it's unique art style and music. That coupled with this not being a generic experience which you find with most games makes it a no brainer. If you're tired of the same here you go....going to be checking out Cold war later.

1. Deliciously tactical and exciting, with a sombre mood akin to the ever-wonderful Blackadder Goes Forth. [Issue#58, p.104]
  2. Not as smart as Defence Grid but more fun, this is brains, brawn and great big balls for ten pounds. [June 2010, p.121]
    Toy Soldiers is a unique game no matter what way it is sliced.