8.5

1. Aug 21, 2012
    People giving negative scores already because they are charging for day 1 DLC? so what, it's not like it's important story missions like Mass Effect 3, it's $10 for 5 awesome multiplayer characters, you don't have to buy them, or you can only buy their heads or arms. Anyway, the game is epic, the final mission is nuts, one of the better endings in a game today. Must buy for everyone
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    This game was amazing!!! I got it yesterday and it was great being grimlock was **** amazing and the world looks great! Also first **** Also the fact I have to keep typing nonsense just to post this **** is quite tiresome!!
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is awesome. The world is fantastic. Really fun game. Definitely my favorite game of the year. Also, Grimlock makes an appearance in this game, which is awesome!
  4. Aug 22, 2012
    Really enjoying this game, It's action packed and I definitely recommend it to any Transformers fans. The multiplayer is so much fun and I think I'll be playing online until the shooters come out in Xmas.
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    The Best transformers game now after War for cybertron being the best before! Great Multiplayer and customization options. Escalation mode is improved and provided with other tactical options! Campaign takes 10 hours on normal so the single player itself is worth it. This game is a must for G1 Transformers fans and will keep you playing for months!
  6. Aug 21, 2012
    A game that is actually worth the $60 price tag! Fall of Cybertron lives up as a solid sequel to the first good Transformer game. Although I have not completed the entire campaign yet, from what I've experienced the single player campaign is full of action. My only complaint is Fall of Cybertron does not offer 3 player co-op like its predecessor, however the campaign is still action packed and tells a good story.

Now a solid campaign is great, but we all know the re-playability depends on the multiplayer. Fall of Cybertron offers players a survival mode entitled "Escalation" and a player verse player multiplayer mode. Gamers who played through War for Cybertron will find both of these modes familiar and just as action packed. The multiplayer is set up for the player to chose their play style. Basically, you are given 4 classes to chose from and customize your own Autobot/Decepticon. Players can customize their weapons, weapon perks, abilities, and appearance. As you rank up more weapons and perks are unlocked to farther beef up your transformer. This is the first game (in a long time) where I felt the multiplayer maps were very well designed. They fit the gameplay perfectly, meaning some maps are huge and open; giving the advantage to the scientist and infiltrator classes. Other maps are very close corridor which give the edge to the destroyer and titans. Finally, Escalation mode returns with a few changes. First, players now take the role of a specific class with each class having its own unique ability. Second, High Moon has added traps and and a random "mystery box" to most rooms. These boxes basically generate a random gun that players can buy to use (very similar to CoD Zombie's mode). In all Transformers Fall of Cybertron officially goes down as the second good Transformers game. You do not need to be a fan of the cartoon, movies, or action figures to enjoy this game. Its a great third person shooter that really offers a lot of fun.
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    O love this game bu the issues are there that war for cybertron didn't have but this game also fixed problems so let's see what they did wrong: less game modes,no coop campaign, no vehicle abilities, and escalations feels like it was improved in some areas but also went down in others. but this game has: smoother gameplay, better combat, arm switching for cover, an amazing campaign, tighter and more intense multiplayer, deeper customization, more maps, maps from the past, improved visuals, great music to fit the game, and finally yes an escalations mode but it does feel different enough in some areas to be a small plus. overall it's a fantastic game has a lot of issues but also a lot of improvements so pick it up when you can i hope this review helped you now if you want it or not. Expand
  8. Aug 22, 2012
    I LOVED the first Transformers by Highmoon Studios, and I will admit, i was hesitant to purchase the sequel because I thought the first one was too good to improve on, but MAN this game is amazingggg. The campaign is so cinematic it feels like a Transformers movie! If you are on the fence about picking this one up, DO IT!
  9. Sep 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is hands down the best transformers game made in the history of mankind!! Amazing graphics and sound, pulse pounding actions and cinematics, great story with ties to franchise. You direct Metroplex and PLAY AS BRUTICUS!!! Need I say more??? During the game I experienced several nerdgasms and screamed out in utter glee several time. For any transformers fans or anyone that just wants to play a excellent game. Highly recommended!!! Expand
  10. Dec 17, 2013
    When I got the game, I was all over the campaign and it was amazing. For a game that fantasizes over giant robots, it has the greatest gameplay experience. The graphics are just amazing and the storyline follows a little after WFC. The campaign itself kept me in it's graph. It had these certain endings to the sort of levels that made you want to continue. Campaign 10/10. The multiplayer didn't fail to impress me. With hundreds of ways to customize your characters and many ways to level up, the experience will make you want to play a lot. Of course, there are the tryhards you're going to want to watch out for, but other than that, have fun. One let down about the multiplayer was the amount of game modes. In WFC, there were maybe 7 or 8 game modes full of fun, but in FoC, there are 4. Although they gave me what I wanted, I can't help but feel a little empty with the multiplayer. But that isn't much of a big deal, as long as High Moon Studios makes a 3rd installment of this wonderful series. Multiplayer 8/10 Expand
  11. Feb 7, 2014
    This is not only the best transformers game ever made, but one of the funnest shooters ever made. the story and dialogue between characters is great. The multiplayer is very fun and escalation mode is fun with friends. the only problem is that the co-op campaign from WFC is gone.
  12. Oct 16, 2012
    A very good game, especially for transformer fans
    1- a lot of better improvements than the previous one.
    2- long game, deserve every cent.
    3- good integrated story.
    4- a must have for every transformer fan. 5- pretty game ending .
  13. Sep 3, 2012
    This review comes after over a month of time with the game. This really is a great game. Just prior to playing this game, I finished Batman Arkham City, another great licensed game. FOC really is a great game. Each level has you controlling a different Transformer with different challenges. Between the action, the game features excellently voiced movie-like sequences. There is good challenge on each level and the game keeps pace with any of today's modern shooters, but with the added abilities to transform from vehicle or robot. The other major feature of this game is solid online multiplayer. Multiplayer features great maps and gameplay choices of current shooters. There is a nice variety of weapons, customization and upgrades. Expand
  14. Aug 22, 2012
    This game brings all my childhood dreams to life. The story is vastly improved from War for Cybertron, engrossing, and keeps moving forward with originality. The loss of story co-op is worth the unique approach High Moon takes for single player. The multiplayer has me sucked in, and the customization is addictive. Each class has a definitive feel and array of weapons associated with them, making the experience very different. I cannot write about this game without mentioning the spectacular Grimlock experience. This game has been made by a team who loves the source material, and it is definitely worth picking up. Expand
  15. Aug 23, 2012
    This game is great. For someone who is not sure about this game, it is well worth the $60. The campaign was one of the longest I've ever played, and there are loads of customization to do. The only really problem I had with the game was that during the campaign, most of the A.I animations were stiff. but it might just be my computer. Great game in the end and well worth the money. I hope to be playing this game for a long time. Expand
  16. Aug 23, 2012
    The campaign was beyond spectacular. A must have for all transformer fans as well as anyone who is looking for a good shooter. The characters are exactly how I wanted them to be especially Optimus. There is nothing better then a leader taking control when his world is in it's final hour.
  17. Aug 23, 2012
    Was really looking forward to this game and happy to say i was not left dissapointed.really made me feel like i was 6 yrs old watching the original cartoons in the 80's again.Cant wait to play through it over and over!Long couple of years wait till the next one but for any real transformers fans you must own this game!!
  18. Aug 26, 2012
    High Moon should be commended for once again finding a way to take a clearly G1 (G1 refers to the original 1980s Transformers cartoon and toy lines) inspired game, and making it contemporary and appealing to Transfans and newcomers from across the gaming spectrum.

Fall of Cybertron is a third person shooter (not a cover-based shooter, as so many reviews which lament its lack of a GoW
    style cover system keep calling it) with a twist. Like its predecessor, the also excellent War for Cybertron, you can run, shoot, and do everything else you would expect from a high octane shooter... but you can also "transform and roll out" on the fly, changing form at any time to take advantage of the tactical options your character's vehicle mode affords you. This eschews the need for a cover system (which not every third person shooter needs of would benefit from anyway frankly,) by allowing you to simply transform and become mobile, escaping when overwhelmed, or pressing the advantage when you have one.

Perhaps most importantly to Transfans, FoC is a distillation of all that is awesome about the Transformers universe. It is chocked full of G1 references that anyone who watched the cartoon will immediately recognize. Some of them are harder to find than others and actually require some thought and exploration to stumble upon.

Speaking of which, there are dozens upon dozens of audio logs scattered throughout the levels which flesh out the story and history of Cybertron. Some references to how Megatron rose to power and Optimus Prime's past as Orion Pax should get your nostalgic juices flowing, especially if you read the comics (particularly IDW's War Within arcs.) There are also blueprints to be found which unlock the game's many weapons.

In terms of gameplay, what's on offer is fairly rudimentary. You aim, you zoom, you shoot. You move around trying to avoid getting shot. It's made unique and fleshed out via the aforementioned ability to transform, as well as the aptly named Teletraan 1 weapon and character upgrade system. This gives you a persistent campaign challenge to complete in the form of unlocking and upgrading a dozen or so standard and heavy weapons which can then be used by any character. There are also perks which once unlocked give all playable characters bonuses or buffs such as additional health.

The lack of campaign co-op was initially painful, but what we get in exchange is a more well told story, more varied levels focused on individual Transformers characters from both sides of the war, and some mind blowing set pieces that any true Transformers fan will find themselves grinning ear to ear at. (I actually shed a tear at one point, no lie.)

FoC's unique multiplayer action and hoard-like Escalation mode both return this time around, but with the added ability to custom design your own transformers in one of four classes. As you level up you unlock more and more components to tweak your design to your heart's content. It isn't the deepest system, being largely aesthetic and consisting ultimately of only a few common pieces, but it's still a huge improvement over the last game's static character classes.

FoC is an excellent followup to WFC, improving on it in nearly every arena that matters, but its most impressive achievement is in its ability to tell a Transformer-centric story that is both intensely nostalgic and contemporary at the same time. Something I wish Michael Bay had been able to do.

19. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is excellent. Yes to fans of the G1 series like myself, but most reviewers are overcooking that when discussing its general appeal - in my view if you like shooters and atmospheric, character driven tales with diverse challenging gameplay and awesome set pieces, then you'll have an absolute riot playing this. I have seen a few critics mention its gameplay as lacking variety which I find very strange, ditto the suggestion that the absence of cover mechanics is a hindrance - in terms of the former, not only does each character play differently, there's loads of them. The story includes fan favourites and respects the hierarchy of the transformer universe, in battle not just story; from the stealth and skullduggery of Starcscream, the versatility and sheer cool of Jazz, an incredible level as Vortex and the Combaticons culminating in carnal mayhem with Bruticus, a level as Megatron (which is simply jaw dropping in terms of visceral fun and an idea of what it is like to be the decepticon leader hovering deity like above the battle scene), to Grimlock. Grimlock. The way they managed to make a T-Rex that playable is laudable, let alone how beautiful he looks, and how great it is the studio really love the world they are depicting (Dinobots were class). The retold origin story of the fan favourite Dinobots and the switch to a melee mechanic is seamless, great fun and above all, varied. Other reviewers cite the aim, shoot repeat dynamic as being repetitive but that doesn\\\'t allow for the transforming aspect; the unprecedented levels in terms of size, the changes of tactics and battle rythym afforded the player as well as the strength discrepancies (which are the essence of the cartoon, comics etc). Other shooters, from Gears of War to Halo are all about aim shoot, repeat, throw grenade, cover - so I find it odd to accuse the game of this, after all, the huge number of weapons and upgrades are an excellent feature. The point about the lack of a cover mechanic is that you are not supposed to stay hidden in one place, you are supposed to dynamically attack your environment - to charge in robot form. Vortex for instance is brilliant at it, a great character to play. The voice acting is superb, the narrative well considered, the characters just great fun to be alongside and it looks absoluely superb. Its a much better game than the first, which frankly had enough in it to get me really excited about this game. Im glad they delivered, I really hope they do another in the series, well done High Moon - people might look back on this as groundbreaking particularly in terms of level scope. Expand
  20. Jan 20, 2013
    The game is great, the campaign mode is clean and switching from autobot to decepticon is a great way to keep the story moving and the gameplay fresh. The game really shines in multiplayer... The controls are very fluid and the game modes they have, though nothing ground breaking, are fast paced and you are never left waiting in the lobby for people to play. They have multiple classes you can play and as you level up you can create varied loadouts to accommadate changing gameplay strategies. I got it when it came out and I haven't stopped playing it. Expand
  21. Aug 26, 2012

1. Oct 27, 2012
    If you manage to look past the large amounts of fan service and really dig deep into the game you'll quickly find just another average shooter with some interesting visuals. This is a game by fans, for fans.
  2. Oct 11, 2012