8.0

1. Apr 18, 2012
    Just WOW!. although i put down the original Trials HD sometime ago, it didn't put the slightest shadow over my eyes when i heard the Trials Evo was on its way. What an improvement (not that much improvement was required). the bottomless possibilities with the level editor and the 3 hours of fun ive already had re-playing level after level. For 1200msp Redlynx have gone above and beyond.

- That Rick Guy
  2. Apr 18, 2012
    A evolution on the first game - better graphics, better physics, better stages, and now with a nice level editor. If you liked the first game, go for it - the gameplay basics is the same, but improved, addictive and fun. And now we have the option to play on the same screen online or in Xbox live, with 2 to 4 players. The only minor downside is the soundtrack musics that sometimes are aA evolution on the first game - better graphics, better physics, better stages, and now with a nice level editor. If you liked the first game, go for it - the gameplay basics is the same, but improved, addictive and fun. And now we have the option to play on the same screen online or in Xbox live, with 2 to 4 players. The only minor downside is the soundtrack musics that sometimes are a little annoying, but nothing that spoil the fun! My score: 9,0 / 10,0. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    A $15 game that has near infinite replay value-there it is.The original game was so unique and challenging,a true classic.I love when a game like this comes out and it is so good that it gets you to either go back to there previous game to play it all over again or it's got genius value to instantly convince you to buy it so you can have both games to enjoy, just like how the newest MassA $15 game that has near infinite replay value-there it is.The original game was so unique and challenging,a true classic.I love when a game like this comes out and it is so good that it gets you to either go back to there previous game to play it all over again or it's got genius value to instantly convince you to buy it so you can have both games to enjoy, just like how the newest Mass Effect 3 does the same thing.This game doesn't just have value though it has everything else to go with it.It's gorgeous,challenging,sexy,and satisfying just as much as a new $60 game is.If this game was $60 it would be well worth that,but THIS is the way to make a game!Not only that, it's also a hint of what the future has in store for us.Take away the community creations,(track editor) and you still have a well worth sixty dollar game.I love when game companies take leaps instead of baby steps and delivers what us gamer's crave.This execution in ideal is nothing less then perfect. Expand
  4. Apr 21, 2012
    Trials Evolution has so much going on for a $15 game, it's almost funny when you compare it to the offerings of most $60 games. Trials Evolution gets the addition of online multiplayer and a really slick track editor, it's extremely cool. If you like the idea of creating your own crazy custom tracks and sharing them with your friends and the rest of the online community, then this game isTrials Evolution has so much going on for a $15 game, it's almost funny when you compare it to the offerings of most $60 games. Trials Evolution gets the addition of online multiplayer and a really slick track editor, it's extremely cool. If you like the idea of creating your own crazy custom tracks and sharing them with your friends and the rest of the online community, then this game is a must buy. The track editing software is really deep, and the customization options will keep you busy for a long time. The online multiplayer works really well, both racing side by side, racing against ghosts, and downloading/racing user created tracks. Awesome game and a lot of fun. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2012
    Despite some missteps with the sound design (some annoying sounds from the rider and the stupid soundtrack) , this game is just utterly fantastic throughout. Complete improvement on the original, and the insane amount of options available are still blowing my mind. It looks great for a downloadable title, not as good as heavy hitters like Hydrophobia and I Am Alive but still niceDespite some missteps with the sound design (some annoying sounds from the rider and the stupid soundtrack) , this game is just utterly fantastic throughout. Complete improvement on the original, and the insane amount of options available are still blowing my mind. It looks great for a downloadable title, not as good as heavy hitters like Hydrophobia and I Am Alive but still nice visually. It's also nuts the amount of variety the game has, I'm still waiting for the FPS segment I saw from the trailer. Get this. Expand
  6. May 3, 2012
    About as addictive as arcade games get, with a never ending rabbit hole of user-made content. Go buy this game right now. However, I am docking a point for the terrible opening "rap".
  7. May 2, 2012
    Absolutely the most addictive and satisfying game on XBLA. I put countless hours into the first one, watching my score edge its way up, and now I get to do it all over again, only with user-generated tracks, which are already awesome (check out the Castlevania track). Bravo, RedLynx...bravo.
  8. Apr 19, 2012
    Trial Evolution is a prime example of why the future lies in fast fun addictive games .
    AAA titles really are a yawn fest these days XBLA Wiware etc are bringing the game back into gaming Trials Evolution Rocks !!
  9. Apr 22, 2012
    #1 Xbox Live Arcade game of 2012!!!!
  10. May 16, 2012
    LOL @ the PC fanboy giving this game a 1 because he can't play it. That's very sad. This game is clearly awesome for anyone who has ther patience to stick with the game once it gets more challenging.
  11. Apr 19, 2012
    The "evolution" that has taken place from Trials HD to Trials Evolution is very impressive. Red Lynx has had 3 years to perfect this game, and it is no doubt a wait I could deal with. From the immense Track Creator, to the four player online multiplayer. Even the music is a positive (the opening theme is starting to grow on me). Trials Evolution is some of the most fun I have had from aThe "evolution" that has taken place from Trials HD to Trials Evolution is very impressive. Red Lynx has had 3 years to perfect this game, and it is no doubt a wait I could deal with. From the immense Track Creator, to the four player online multiplayer. Even the music is a positive (the opening theme is starting to grow on me). Trials Evolution is some of the most fun I have had from a game in some time now. Expand
  12. Apr 20, 2012
    I wanted to like this game so badly, but I can't get over how horrible the bikes handle. Even if you liked HD, play the trial version of this first.
  13. Jun 19, 2012
    Another attempt to cash in on a cheap tacky game, everytime I tried to boot this game up I was greeted with a long period of unreponsiveness, when I do get to play the game I find myself playing something from miniclip.com.

Gameplay is same old flash style gameplay, graphics are the only thing worth mentioning about the whole game. It gets really boring very quickly and no matter how the graphics change and the scenary varies it doesn't make the gameplay any less repetitive or yawn-worthy.

I give a 2/10 purely because it looks good but I wish I could get a refund as I would accept it in an instant.
  14. Apr 25, 2012
    Fantastic single player game, even if it is basically the same game as Trials HD. But the multiplayer matchmaking is broken right now. It takes forever to connect. Beware if you buy this game for the new multiplayer!
  15. Jul 13, 2012
    "Physics based" my foot! Excite Bike on the NES had better physics! It's pretty, responsive, and fun, with varied and engaging levels. But let's be honest: the core mechanic is very simple, and it is anything but realistic. I got bored of it pretty quickly, definitely before I felt like I'd had my $15 worth. If you judge it on the gameplay, I've seen better flash games with the same"Physics based" my foot! Excite Bike on the NES had better physics! It's pretty, responsive, and fun, with varied and engaging levels. But let's be honest: the core mechanic is very simple, and it is anything but realistic. I got bored of it pretty quickly, definitely before I felt like I'd had my $15 worth. If you judge it on the gameplay, I've seen better flash games with the same mechanic*. That said, it's not like it's terrible. It's just that this rating is way, way too high. *And I find the "level editor" in Line Rider to be a lot easier to use! Expand
  16. Aug 7, 2012
    Incredibly fun and incredibly challenging. You'll want to throw your controller and you'll shout and the screen so often but it's impossible to resist playing. So much content.
  17. Apr 25, 2012
    All I have to say is that I have blisters on my hands from a 20 hour marathon! This game is incredible. The way that ghosts of all your friends records are active during the single player campaign is pure genius! Plus going to the leaderboards and being able to view anyone's replay or race against their ghost is amazing. This game has an amazing track editor that allows you to createAll I have to say is that I have blisters on my hands from a 20 hour marathon! This game is incredible. The way that ghosts of all your friends records are active during the single player campaign is pure genius! Plus going to the leaderboards and being able to view anyone's replay or race against their ghost is amazing. This game has an amazing track editor that allows you to create tracks that you can then use in multiplayer. It also keeps track of times for every custom track the same way that it does for all the built in tracks. The skill games use the same system, and they are a fun diversion that really tap into the heart of competitiveness. It's been a long time since a game has captivated me the way this one does, and I count the minutes until I get to play it again!! Expand
  18. May 22, 2012
    This game is better than most $60 games..............................................................................................................................
  19. May 3, 2012
    This game is so good. I would give it a 10 and say that there is nothing wrong and it is the best game on XBLA, but the music ruins it. If you ignore the music, the game is awesome and even with it, it is still one of the best games on XBLA.
  20. Apr 21, 2012
    It has kept everything that was great in Trials HD, and added more. The level editor is very expansive, the multiplayer very amusing.

Only thing that is dragging it down are some multiplayer issues, however these are minor and should be easily solved in the near future.
  21. Apr 23, 2012
    Editing, loads of tracks, modes, sharing tracks, online modes, tournaments, competitive and yet friendly feel makes this game good and in my opinion the best in the xbox live at this moment!
  22. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is fantastic. If you bought the first one, you should definitely buy this one. If you didn't buy the first one, you should buy this anyway if you enjoy playing any of the many "tilty" type flash games
  23. Apr 26, 2012
    Trials Evolution easily takes a spot in the top 5 best XBLA games of all time by improving on the original while maintaining the core that made the first so successful. If you are not familiar with Trials, it is like line rider. You ride on a 2d plane leaning your rider over obstacles to reach the end of the track. The concept of trials is to ride your bike from the starting point to theTrials Evolution easily takes a spot in the top 5 best XBLA games of all time by improving on the original while maintaining the core that made the first so successful. If you are not familiar with Trials, it is like line rider. You ride on a 2d plane leaning your rider over obstacles to reach the end of the track. The concept of trials is to ride your bike from the starting point to the end point as fast as you can and crashing as little as possible. Checkpoints help guide along the way and new License tests help newcomers learn how to play the game.
    Trials Evolution takes the Trials hd's physics engine and tweaks it. It is still the overall same physics but is improved adding in curved driving lines. There is also a plethora of new skill games that will keep you entertained for hours on end. The game also as a much more gradual learning curve than hd. It is now much more easy to learn how to play the game. To all the orginal hardcore Trials hd fans, you will be happy to know that the extreme tracks still exist and are much more extreme and more frustrating. The game also adds multiplayer which is excellent with friends locally or online, but still satisfying with random people. I found myself replaying this game tracks a ridiculous amount of times just to compete with friends to obtain the high score on my friends list or to get a virtual gold medal.
    Evolution's graphics are much improved over hd's graphics. Everything looks great. The sound of the game adds to the experience. The soundtrack is decent and the sound effects are superb. The game also keeps to some of its comedic roots with hilarious crashes, funny rider dialogue, and skill games. The skill games add a different level of comedy, for instance, one game has you launch yourself off of a ramp and then repeatedly tap Y or X to make yourself fly through the air with wooden plank wings and your ragdoll physics body. The game also makes multiple refrences to other games doing things like a Limbo themed map, Angry birds spinoff, a Splosion man skill game and much more. You can also customize your rider more then in Trials hd. In hd you could only change your rider and bike colors. Now you can choose different clothes for your rider and different paint jobs. The options are limited but they are still there.
    The new map editor improves on hd's in everysingle way. The game gives you the same map editor that the creators used to make their maps. Although it may be overwhelming at first, there are an infinite amount of possibilities with the new editor. A new track finder also allows you to play other user's created tracks. Unlike Trials hd, you can get maps from people who aren't on your friends list. I am very anxious to see what the community will create.
    It was some time ago that I bought Trials hd and I haven't played it in quite sometime. Trials Evolution capitalizes on everything its predecessor established and just a bigger, more fun, and overall bada** experience. I have not been able to stop playing this game unlike Trials hd it was one and done. It is satisfying to know when I beat a friend in our friendly competitive spirits. This game is just an overall more polished, addicting experience. For 15 dollars, you can't go wrong with Trials Evolution. This is already the leading contender for downloadable game of the year.
  24. Apr 21, 2012
    This is easily one of the best titles on XBLA. I loved Trials HD and played it a lot but when I started playing Trials Evolution I couldn't put it down! The graphics are better, the tracks are feel more structured, there is music in the back round so you're not only hearing your engine and your guy yelling woohoo every ten seconds, and your not in some factory the whole time! This isThis is easily one of the best titles on XBLA. I loved Trials HD and played it a lot but when I started playing Trials Evolution I couldn't put it down! The graphics are better, the tracks are feel more structured, there is music in the back round so you're not only hearing your engine and your guy yelling woohoo every ten seconds, and your not in some factory the whole time! This is definitely worth the wait and I recommend this game to anyone. Crazy fun and addicting! Expand
  25. Apr 24, 2012
    Brilliant. By far the best arcade game and despite lacking its addicting sense of challenge , better than Trials HD.User Created content and multiplayer will keep you playing this game for a long time. Great value , I wouldn't complain even if it cost an extra 1000 points.
  26. May 22, 2012
    Keep in mind, I haven't even tried local or Live multiplayer. I just find the game hard to stop playing. It isn't remarkably different from Trials HD, so if you have a chance to pick that up much cheaper go for it, but the experience is really compelling. Please note you are going to have to turn the music down for it, but a silly theme song always plays no matter what when you start itKeep in mind, I haven't even tried local or Live multiplayer. I just find the game hard to stop playing. It isn't remarkably different from Trials HD, so if you have a chance to pick that up much cheaper go for it, but the experience is really compelling. Please note you are going to have to turn the music down for it, but a silly theme song always plays no matter what when you start it up. I come back to it time and time again for other users tracks, which is probably the biggest overall selling point for it. The stuff others do with the track editor are amazing. It is a bit easier, especially early, than Trials HD. Expand
  27. Apr 22, 2012
    Trails Evolution Trial is actually HD, but a billion times more crazy.
    Simply magnificent and deadly fun. Despite being so frustrating in more advanced levels that lead to Rage Quit.
    Trails Evolution Trial is actually HD, but a billion times more crazy.
    Also comes with a multitude of customizations and an editor levels. But the more is the addictive and fun multiplayer, which generates and wild sprints, although the time point and Spamm could become irritating.
    Trials do not despontaria Evolution minimanet if it were a physical, multi-platform game
  28. Jul 6, 2012
    Evolution on this game, Red Lynx has had 3 years to perfect this game, and it is no doubt a wait I could deal with, he game is awesome and even with it, it is still one of the best games on XBLA. lovin it
  29. Oct 5, 2012
    Can't believe this is rated so highly, It's an alright game but does not deserve such a high rating. Got bored of it after about 6 hours of gameplay. Nothing more than what I used to play on windows 98, but it was free to play that back in my day.
  30. Feb 24, 2014
    Best DLC ever. Only cheap. If you dont own it.. WHY NOT?
    You can download other peoples own created track so there is no end to this game. A must buy.

1. Jun 18, 2012
    Trials Evolution is basically the same core game as the previous one, but since I love that game I can look beyond that. Although, when it's time to develop a third game, I hope that RedLynx actually can evolve the game instead of just insert something meaningless in the title.
  2. Jun 4, 2012
    Trials Evolution truly is the next step in the outstanding core experience from HD, polishing every aspect of an already-fantastic game to a near-blinding sheen, and then delivering something peerless in terms of technical precision and visceral addiction. They don't come better than this
  3. May 31, 2012
    Much like a "new and improved" cereal at your grocer, Trials Evolution successfully makes small improvements to its predecessor to cater to its fans. In that area, RedLynx has succeeded. Anyone who enjoyed Trials HD will no doubt love Trials Evolution. Unfortunately, those looking for something more than "more of the same" aren't going to find it here. As the name implies, this is just an evolution of what came before; it's not a revolution.