7.0

1. May 19, 2013
    I haven't played a big libary of shoot-em-ups like this so I can't give much of a comparision, sorry. I downloaded this game without getting the trial, so thankfully I enjoyed it. During the game the screen is filled with bullets fired from your enemies, but you can use a barrier that turns the bullets into coins. (You collect the coins by letting go of the shoot button, and you'll pick upI haven't played a big libary of shoot-em-ups like this so I can't give much of a comparision, sorry. I downloaded this game without getting the trial, so thankfully I enjoyed it. During the game the screen is filled with bullets fired from your enemies, but you can use a barrier that turns the bullets into coins. (You collect the coins by letting go of the shoot button, and you'll pick up all onscreen coins like a human magnet) The game is the standard length of an arcade game six stages all of which last a few minutes. There are two different modes of the game the classic mode, with the original art style and with six (I think, I'm not sure) playable characters, and then the 360 arrange mode, with a new art style and an additional playable character, as well as an added story mode, which is really just the arcade mode with added dialouge cutscenes. There is a multiplayer feature, both locally and online (but I don't think many people will be playing this online anymore) and a challenge mode, featuring a score attack and a boss rush. I would reccomend downloading this one if you're in search for a new shoot-em-up to play, and in that case I'd say it's worth the 800 MS point pricetag/ Expand
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    at this price point, this game is truly a steal! a ton of modes and looks and plays fantastic.
    as somebody here has already pointed out - this is a must buy for any fan of modern shmups!
    the only thing i find unfortunate (hence not 10/10) is that the score doesn't reset after you die. which means especially if you're not a pro yet and you compare yourself to other newcomers on the leaderboard, you have to credit feed just like they do in order to compete with them in a fair manner.
    but i suppose with any offline arcade shooter, there are no leaderboards anyway and one can just view it in this way. and use high score lists on shmup forums such as http://shmups.system11.org instead.
  3. May 13, 2011
    A $10 Japanese shmup on XBLA is always a dream of the fans of that genre, although this game not quite on par with those $80 CAVE masterpieces, its still give you really same amount of fun. A must buy for all shmup fans.
  4. May 11, 2011
    If youre into shmups like DeathSmiles, R-Type or Gradius, pick up this game, its just $10 and a lot of fun. The critics reviews are just that- critics.
  5. May 13, 2011

1. Jun 28, 2011
    Carving a path through the madness is far harder than it needs to be. [Issue#73, p.103]
  2. Jun 1, 2011
    A great HD adaptation of the classic game, which fans of old-school arcades will love.
  3. May 24, 2011
    An old school shoot em up with some good action, but it can get confusing at times.