Turning Point: Fall of Liberty Xbox 360

6.8

1. ChaseL.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fun single player, multiplayer not working on ps3 but still a fun singleplayer campaign.
  2. BusterJ.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Not earth shattering, but fun and interesting.
  3. GeorgeL.
    Dec 14, 2009
    This game was actually quite good. I found it in Gamestop for about $6.99, and I thought it was worth more than that. The main thing that I loved was the storyline. It's very interesting, and it's the main reason why I decided to buy the game in the first place. World War 2 has spawned a TON of video games. Call of Duty, Wolfenstein, Brother in Arms, Medal of Honor etc. the list This game was actually quite good. I found it in Gamestop for about $6.99, and I thought it was worth more than that. The main thing that I loved was the storyline. It's very interesting, and it's the main reason why I decided to buy the game in the first place. World War 2 has spawned a TON of video games. Call of Duty, Wolfenstein, Brother in Arms, Medal of Honor etc. the list goes on and on. Because of all of this, I usually go out of my way to buy the LEAST historically accurate games possible, so that the creative team can dream up of various scenarios without having to read history books all the time. I like alternate history games because I like to think about what would happen if the Nazis did this differently, or did that differently. This game is one of them. The idea of the Nazis winning World War 2 is a frightening scenario that, thank god, never happened. You play as a random construction worker named Dan Carson, who, for some reason, is able to kick insane amounts of Nazi ass despite having no military training whatsoever. You spend the first level trying to survive, and every subsequent level to work with the resistance fighters. Your tasks range from escaping the city to blowing up a prototype weapon. The storyline is very interesting, and is very believable, too. There are no robots or sci-fi weapons, but the Nazis do have advanced technology, ranging from a super huge tank to an even bigger Zeppelin. From watching the horror of the Nazi Blitzkrieg to the jaw dropping ending, the storyline is unique, and easily the best aspect of the game. Though I loved the storyline, the game is way too short, and the ending could've easily been changed to add more missions. There are plenty of ideas that could've been incorporated to make the game longer. Heck, this is an alternate history game, so I think that even assassinating Hitler as an objective is fair game. That would've been awesome. Nevertheless, the storyline and presentation is a very good part of the game. Another high mark is the music, which reflects the mood. You aren't a super soldier ready to save America. You're just an average joe who is trying to survive total war. No fanfare, no epic pieces. The music reflects the mood very well. The other aspects are less stellar. The graphics, while okay, are not the best the Unreal Engine can actually handle. Bioshock, Gears of War etc. all look amazing. Here, the scripted events are nice to look at, but the animation's jerky, and the overall graphics is not that great. The gameplay, more or less, is like Call of Duty. You can throw grenades, hold a maximum of 2 weapons, throw grenades etc. These features are pretty much standard nowadays. A fun little gameplay aspect, though, is the grapple feature. When you get up close to an enemy, you can press B and end up with 2 choices, either perform an instant kill, or use the poor Nazi as a human shield. Human shield does not protect you against everything, but it's useful if you need cover, and hilarious to just look at. The game really shines when you see any of the environmental kills, which range from pushing someone off a building to sticking their head in a toilet and flushing (SWIRLY!). The gameplay, aside from the grapple, is nothing special, but it's solid, and anyone playing the Call of Duty games should be able to get it down in no time. One big thing that sticks out, though, is the glitches. There are plenty of glitches in the game. Most glitches are just A.I glitches, such as a Nazi soldier ignoring you even when you're standing in front of him, or the Nazi soldier firing at a completely different direction. Other glitches include animation glitches, and some control glitches, such as the iron sights staying there even after you released the button. However, none of the glitches are super serious, and the game's still playable. Sometimes, watching the various A.I glitches is pretty funny. Multiplayer is standard stuff. Nothing special. There aren't too many people playing, but since this game is super cheap, right now, getting it may make more financial sense. Overall, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is a game best suited for gamers who like a good storyline. It has an interesting premise, solid gameplay, and a pretty good score. And with a really cheap price (seriously, I've seen iTunes apps that cost more money), this game should be a pretty fun game for people who are itching to kill more Nazis. Expand

Shooting Nazis in the streets of three major U.S. cities should be a non-stop thrill ride that has me on the edge of my seat. This game provides the opposite experience.
  2. With the number of average-to-outstanding FPS titles available on next-gen consoles, there’s absolutely no reason to waste your time with this disaster.
  3. The innovation potential was in the story, though that only provides the setting for the gameplay. Outside of that, it’s pretty basic fare.