6.7

1. Jan 25, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that this is NOT going to be game of the year, it is not graphically perfect, it is not easy to pick up and play, and it requires a very open mind... If you can get passed all of those things, then this is a very fun, very deep game that will keep you wanting more.

All jokes aside, Two Worlds was an AWFUL game, for every ONE thing it got right, it did FIVE
    things wrong, Two Worlds II seems to have reversed that formula, and there is definitely more right than wrong here.

With about 2 hours into the game, I am having a blast, and still getting used to certain things, but so far... I am enjoying it immensely. Definitely don't write this game off if you are a fan of games like Oblivion, Diablo, Sacred II, Etc.

Things I love: Crafting system, character customization, combat, environments, voice acting
    Things I hate: The fact the tutorial lasted so long, and that the menus are not very fluid or intuitive at first
    VERY IMPORTANT INFO: Install this game to your hard drive before you play, I did not and I had bad graphics lag and the audio would cut out completely here and there, after I installed it to my 360 hard drive, I ran into NONE of those problems again.
  2. Jan 25, 2011
    I am not a Two Worlds fan boy. I thought the first game was a disaster. WIth that said, this game is phenomenal, it seems TopWare took their heads out of their german asses and actually got to work. The games cutscenes, graphical detail, character, armorments, and crafting mechanics are simply amazing. On a wierd note, the games lockpicking sequences are the best I've ever seen in any game. Please buy it, even if you thought the first one was trash like I did; you will enjoy this game I promise. Expand
  3. Jan 30, 2011
    This is a terrible game, buy this at your own peril. I really can't see how this is getting so many positive reviews, all of which claim that the problems of the first game have all been fixed. Well, I never played the first one but if Two Worlds 2 is this bad I'd hate to see the first. The graphics aren't the worst I've seen in a recent RPG, but they lack polish or any visual flare, and they get very blurry during cutscenes. I'm sure the devs thought this would be pretty, but it looks like you've got Vasoline in your eyes. The voice acting is terrible, the lip-syncing, hand gestures, and body language during cutscenes is laughable. The story, at least the part I played through before I returned this, is the overly simplistic tale of Orcs vs. humans, only in this game the Orcs are the goodguys. That's right, the Orcs. This is no spoiler as it states on the box art and in the first five minutes of the game. The menus are cumbersome and filled with too much information. Despite what the professional reviews say to the contrary this is a very complicated game, this could be alleviated with a nice thick manual(I know, they don't make those any more because of the tree-hugging hippies) or a decent in-game tutorial, neither of which were included. I'm usually complaining about RPGs being too streamlined these days so that the casual gamer can understand these games, but here a little bit more would have been nice. You have to craft everything, break down items into basic parts to be reconstructed into useful ones, design talismans, set your weapons and armor to specific to hotkeys(you can have up to three specific setups you can toggle with the d-pad), fuse crystals, construct spell-card combinations, etc., etc., etc. However, the aforementioned menu design and lack of instruction sap what little fun could have been found in this area of the game. Combat is horrible. You have a setup for ranged, melee, and mage which you switch with the d-pad, with each setup setup you can have totally different armor and up to two weapons hotkeyed, as well as two support items. The problem is that you can't use spells with weapons so you are swapping setups frequently which gets very confusing in the heat of battle. The other problem is that different foes will be attacking you at the same time, each one must be handled differently , some require you to merely wail on them with melee weapons, but others require specific spells. You'll be fighting a creature that is vulnerable to fire, then attacked by one that is affected by ice or wind, you have to kill one then go into the magic menu and design another talisman, then enter the battle again. This wouldn't be a problem if you could just specialize in melee, ranged, or magic, you could have three setups for a specific type of combat and switch between each, but this game forces you to be a jack of all trades and master of none, so you have to keep juggling which is not only annoying but deadly because of the sheer number of enemies, and it isn't like you'll find groups of similar creatures sticking together like in most games, at one time I was roaming the Savannah and there were like fifty creatures all in one place, ostriches, rhinos, giant fire ants, and monkeys that fling feces. That's right, poo-flinging monkeys. If you could carry a sword and cast a spell with the other hand like in most other RPGs there would be no problem, but you can't. If you could simply pick a class and master it, this wouldn't be a problem, but you can't. And good luck trying to hit anything anyway, there is no manual targeting system, the game merely attacks the enemy that is closest to you, and since enemies aren't stationary you just flail around like a spas, trying to juggle the appropriate weapon or spell. Also, the game autosaves at really questionable points in the game, like during combat, when you enter a village but not when you leave, when you start a quest but not when you complete it, or before long cutscenes. You'll want to manually save quite often. There are simply too many concepts shoehorned into a game that was clearly too ambitious for the devs to handle, none were implemented properly, and little explanation was made of how these concepts should have worked. And don't think that these are minor issues that can be learned to live with, it isn't worth the hassle. Between boredom, confusion, and tedium you likely won't be playing this very long. There are other superior, less-expensive options out there.â Expand
  4. Feb 9, 2011
    If anyone has played the Sacred series, You'll get the same " uh, I don't know if this is going to be a good game" intro. I stuck with it for 4 hours and am into my 20th hour and can say this game was not just put together for a fast buck. The story (interesting so far) and world are immense and intriguing. I have read a lot of negative reviews about this game (usually from whiny princess gamers) and some positive ones that seem to come from seasoned RPG players that actually love the genre. If you are the latter I suggest you give it a try, it will suck you in and for the best. The complaints are ridiculous. The combat is fine, it takes little skill to manage it. People who complain about this are just too spazzy, I suppose. Graphics are above par for a graphics snob. I can only assume the other complaints are biased on the developer for not meticulously Americanizing and knitting together the millions of voice lines and responses it takes to complete a game of this magnitude. The voices are funny-not too serious and somewhat great in my opinion. The inventory system is my only beef but there's tons of stuff to keep track of, so all is forgiven. :)
    I will not make a book out of defending this game, but it sure is worth the price for the hours I know ill enjoy. It's a wonderful RPG at worst and If you like the genre you'll love it. (I have not encountered one glitch- oh, except for a spider doing a moonwalk on the side of a cliff but hey, that takes talent. ::::)
  5. ALL
    Jan 28, 2011
    When I first started playing my hopes really dropped, until I actually became aware of the sheer size of this game and became used to the controls and graphics (if you have a nice TV you will want to turn the sharpness down). You start off on a small island, and then are transferred to a much bigger one. About 8 hours in it was necessary to warp back to the original island. I always assumed that these were the only two islands in the game, with the second being PLENTY big enough to keep me busy for a good 20+ hours. There is actually another continent that is 3 to 4 times the size of the second island! I did not think that I'd be still playing this in another 4 months, but I think it's about to prove me wrong. I thought Oblivion was a great game, and I liked Dragon Age as well, but there's definitely something that holds this game up with them. I have to admit, when I read the reviews and started playing without really getting into the game, I thought the reviewers were taking crazy pills. But, keep an open mind and you will see what they (and all of us) see. Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2011
    First and foremost, do not judge Two Worlds II by its predecessor. This is an awesome RPG. It's got its technical issues, but the crafting system and the ability to make your own spells outshines any of its faults. The voice acting is laughably bad, but I actually like it. It's funny in a way only a European RPG can be. In addition to the single player campaign, there's an 8 player co-op mode that lots of fun, and even some PVP content. One thing to do before playing, however, is install the game to your hard drive; you'll see a big improvement in performance. Expand
  7. Jan 25, 2011
    I bought this expecting it to be a tide over until Skyrim, but it is more than that. The spell making and crafting systems are brilliantly executed, lending depth to the normal sword and spell hoarding. while the voice acting is horrible, they make the most of it with lots of tongue in cheek humor and when your main character sounds like batman from the dark knight, it gets really funny sometimes. The combat is good, and brutal allowing for combinations of different classes of warrior. It also helps that the graphics look great too. Overall it is a holdover until Skyrim, but it does such a good job doing so its hard not to enjoy it. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2011
    There are hardly any multiplayer RPGs on consoles. Two Worlds II supports 8-player Co-Op & PvP, with several modes to choose from in multiplayer, and of course has an absolutely HUGE single-player map. I did not play the first Two Worlds much at all. I borrowed it from my brother and didn't really like it much. I didn't really know what to expect from Two Worlds II. I had seen some videos on YouTube of TW II that looked pretty good, so I was willing to take a chance and get it when it came out a few days ago. I'm extremely glad I did. The videos on YouTube don't compare to the real thing at all. This review covers the multiplayer campaign only, I have been too addicted to it to do much in the single-player. No other game has been in my Xbox, and I've barely even watched any TV. I've been spending all my free time leveling up in Co-Op matches. I've already met a great group I quest with, and a good number of us are all near the same level. I spend about half my game time grinding for XP and loot with them, the other half I devote to helping some of my friends level and clear missions who have also just recently bought the game that are lower level than me. My main character is currently a Level 38 Mage, I have an alternate that's a Level 12 Warrior. The level cap in TW II is 37,262; and no, you will never get that much XP. The highest level player I've ever seen was a level 225.

I got to build my own village with It's own economy. I can use my chest in my house there to transfer good warrior gear I find with my mage to my other character, he has a lot of great items waiting to use when he becomes high enough level to equip them. The game plays great, lag is very low on Xbox. It does start to lag a bit more when all sorts of crazy action is happening (a bunch of mages casting the most powerful and flashy spells and summoning up to 11 creatures each being the usual time this happens) , but it is very manageable and is not nearly frequent enough to bother the players much or stop you from wanting to play. Network connections are usually quick and smooth, and all multiplayer lobbies show player's ping (connection speed) right next to their name when they try to join your lobby. The structure of the game for Co-Op is very similar to Borderlands, NOT the gameplay, don't get confused, this is a third-person fantasy RPG. I am referring to the way the game unfolds, in that the multiplayer is not free-roaming, it is split into separate HUGE maps. These are not like the tiny maps in Fable III. You can get lost in them. All multiplayer maps have multiple teleporters which are absolutely necessary due the GIGANTIC size of most of the maps. Two maps that are smaller are underground dungeons, which are still quite large and maze-like, one is a mixture of indoor and outdoor, and then there are four sprawling outdoor maps, each of these complete with one or more towns and several shops. There are currently 7 multiplayer missions, each has multiple objectives and after completing them all you can move to the next map.

This is one of the best online experiences on consoles because it is unique. The co-op mode alone is worth the $60. Just try to name another great online multiplayer RPG on consoles in the last five years. If you say Fable, you're wrong because that's not a true RPG, and it only has 2 players, not eight. Borderlands is a shooter/RPG hybrid, so that doesn't count either. PvP and Village modes are huge bonuses. I give Two Worlds II's multiplayer portion a score of 9.5, which could possibly become a 10 once they sort out a few (very minor) bugs and release the DLC that adds more multiplayer maps that are for high-level characters, with super-hard enemies and better loot. The game controls and interface are perfect to bring PC-style complexity to the console. The button mapping is a bit strange at first (sprint is on L-Trigger), but character control is generally very good, and five buttons are assignable to any skill/spell/item. There are three sets of these hotkeyed buttons, one set is when you have your weapon out, it automatically changes to another set when you put your weapon away, and there's one more when you're in sneak mode. That's 15 abilities/items available at any time, without having to stop and access the menus.

The Single Player campaign would score a bit lower than the Co-Op because the in-game dialogue and cutscenes could have used some improvement. I haven't gotten far enough in to say much about the story, but it seems decent so far. But it's still got a HUGE free-roaming map, and the same awesome skills/magic system.

To put it shortly, GET THE GAME NOW! Trade in some old games if you have to, sell something on eBay, do whatever you have to do, but if you like RPGs and you play online you should be rushing to the store right now, just like I'm about to rush back to my Xbox to go grind in Co-Op.
  9. Jan 26, 2011
    I too thought the first game was a sad sad game. Im talking 50% at best.
    Two Worlds 2 however is really good. 85% (Im rounding up to a 9/10 for this grading scale)

Learning curve is there, and it takes some getting use too, dialog is off (but it was originally German game right?)
    In the end I am very happy with it. I am glad I bought it. Map is huge, and I can see myself playing
    this game for the next year. Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2011
    This game gets a zero for failing at one of the most CRUCIAL elements of this game..the combat. Never have I played a game that had such terrible controls like in Two Worlds 2. You would have expected them to nail the gameplay the second time around, but oh no, they broke it even more. The game looked promising enough, I dare say that the graphics were pretty nice this time around. However, the lack of targeting system to have a decent fight in this game craps on anything they may have done right. When I had played, I decided I wanted to play as a Mage/Archer combo. Little did I know how TERRIBLE the combat was. I would be trying to aim at an enemy but would end up targeting the person behind them instead. To make matters worse, the game lacks any sort of dodge to roll out of harms way from arrows, magic, or enemies charging you with melee weapons. I don't understand what would have been so hard about adding in a better targeting system like that of the Assassin's Creed or hell, even one like that in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time for crying out loud! Anyone giving this game a 10 has got to be on drugs..I've played crappy game before and this game is no exception. Expand
  11. Mar 7, 2011
    This game is an abomination. Avoid it at all costs. It's a bland, generic fantasy RPG that barely does anything to stand apart from the plethora of other games that outshine it. Almost every mechanic is broken to the point of frustration, and those that aren't simply slip in to tedium. There is no fun to be had with this title, even if you regard it as a B-movie experience.
  12. Jan 26, 2011
    Though not very well polished, Two Worlds 2 is an excellent game. If you want something beautiful to look at and have to have the perfectly sculpted game play and story your gonna have to wait almost a year for the big games to come out. This game offers you all the great parts of a hack and slash RPG. Slow at first within an hour you will not be able to put the controller down.
  13. Jan 30, 2011
    Let me start with an honest review. I am going to name the bad things about this game FIRST just to let you know upfront.
    1.voice acting is moderate and not OMG awesome. (can be quite humorous with the jokes and profane language)
    2. Cut scenes arent awesome but acceptable
    3.There are parts where the lip syncing for voice acting doesnt match(VERY FEW PARTS)
    4. AI is improved and is
    similar to oblivion although it needs a little more work
    That all I really have to complain when talking about this game
    Now the good about the game!
    1.The GRAPHICS are AMAZING!!!!!
    2.The MUSIC gets stuck in your head. It matches every environment and situation.
    3.The mini games like locking picking, picking pockets, dice, sailing, and music is awesome
    4.Hand to hand, magic, bow, assassinating, is all very entertaining
    5. Breaking down weapons is an awesome feature
    6. SO MANY MONSTERS TO FIGHT
    7. SO MANY SIDE QUESTS 8.A HUGE OPEN WORLD
    9.Multiplayer is diverse and replay value is through the roof

Anyone who loves RPG's for console needs to play this game. In all honesty it beats fable series, sacred 2, Risen, Gothic 4, Dragon age and fall out new vegas.
    It is neck and neck with oblivion and fallout!
    I would have rated this game a 9/10 but simply because it has multiplayer ontop of a solid single player it deserves a 10 for the FEW flaws it does have. Otop of that I want to offset a persons negative score about the menu items going off screen. Did you know that can fix that yourself by going into the settings.? I noticed it the first time and fixed within the first five minutes of game play. If you ACTUALLY gave it a shot you would have fun with this game!! I have heard the same story about people hating oblivion and I would have to go back and SHOW them how to play the game...now they are oblivion lovers and this will be the same thing for this game.
    I am 23 hours into the game and Still havent gotten to the main island. This game deserves a 9 or 10 score nothing lower.
  14. Mar 6, 2011
    I've played this game for over 20 hours so far and have found it really enjoyable. It's almost a AAA game but it has some graphical issues and it doesn't feel revolutionary. But it most definitely is evolutionary. I tried playing Oblivion, but it feels old. When it came out it was amazing, not so much anymore. I like the 3rd person view of Two Worlds II better than the first person view of Oblivion. Two Worlds II in game graphics are actually really good I think. Though when the characters talk, it is a bit awkward. It's obvious they didn't have an unlimited budget and unlimited time. The UI doesn't look so good either. I really like how they did magic: you use cards to assemble spells. I wish they used the same or similar mechanic for fighter and archer characters. Lock picking is cool and fun. Alchemy is ok; I wish it was more like the magic cards where you can see what ingredient combinations will do before hitting the done button. Also you have to get passed the beginning which is the part where they teach you the controls and setup the plot. Collapse
  15. Feb 7, 2011
    I have played this game for about 20 hours now, and though it had a rocky start, I am HOOKED. I quickly became adjusted to the graphical style and the questionable voice/animation syncing, which i can forgive because of the games European origins. Aside from a few tweaks in the options tab that any intelligent gamer can figure out (safe zone for menus, turn down the sharpness and turn on the subtitles!), this game begins to shine at about an hour into playtime. The world opens up into a nice mix between Oblivion and Fable; the story begins to make sense and actually presents some interesting twists and the very deep loot and crafting system is fully available to you as soon as you want it, with no skill regrets! This game is definitely for a more mature gamer... not only for the language and situations, but also for the fact that you need some patience to really get into this deep and rewarding game. The crafting system is much better than any Iâ Expand
  16. Mar 16, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is a game with a lot of great potential and ideas, but is handled to roughly it ends up being an uneven playing experience. I like that you can customize your features and the way you play the game but the story is so weak, the (numerous) subquests don't tie-in well to the actual story and the gameplay seems to only work half the time you want it too (unless you're a mage it's hard as hell to pull off any of the moves you want). The game gets props for putting so much in one giant world (ala Oblivion) but there wasn't anything holding my attention or interest to keep playing. Good effort, needed more polish. Expand
  17. Mar 18, 2011
    This is a tough one to review. I really wanted to like it but sometimes it was fun and sometimes it was boring and repetitious. I love a good RPG and try all of them. This game should have been better with games like Oblivion created years ago as an example of what to do right. Using today's tech I had hoped Two Worlds II would have been incredible. It was lackluster. It's worth trying if you can get it for $30.00. Not for $60.00 though. I do hold out hope that the third one(I am sure there will be one) can really do better. Good Gaming! Expand
  18. Mar 25, 2011
    Let me start of by saying I'm not judging this game based on its entire body of work, mainly because I played this game for an hour before I had to stop. While the story may be rich and the environments may be expansive, I just could not get into the game. The graphics were, lets just say less than stellar. I found the gameplay to be stale and boring at times. The character growth system was simply too expansive and would drive away everyone but the most devout RPG players. While many people might not find it fair to give this game a 0 based on an hour of gameplay, I find it hard to believe that this game warrants 7.0 rating. Expand
  19. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a pretty good game, with nice graphics,but the story was very cheesy. This will not become a game I'll reccomend! You will find that the game is somewhat hard at the start, but it will become better as the time goes on. Once you run the game, it will not be tempting to do so again. Expand
  20. Jul 11, 2011
    Terrible game. I bought this for the multiplayer aspect. And well, it turns out there is like 3 levels, no real quests and no point in even bothering with the multiplayer. The multiplayer is like an endless grind for better gear and xp. It is not worth the hours of grinding because the xp is slow and the item drops are not worth it. This game was just as bad as the first. The only positive thing I can say about this game, is that in singleplayer, they managed to achieve decent character animations and good graphics. Expand
  21. Aug 17, 2012
    6.4 out of 10. At the first hours, I was pretty excited about the game and I couldn't stop playing it. But after a while the concept actually looked kinda empty, Two Worlds 2 isn't the kind of RPG that will keep throwing side quests at you, for some reason many monsters monsters doesn't respawn and the dialogue with NPCs should have had more options. These things made me disappointed about the game, but I still liked the fast loading screens and the magic system. Try seeing if it works for you before buying if you want to. Expand
  22. May 17, 2011
    I don't understand why the "professional" reviewers have been so critical of this game. Yes, the game is a little rough around the edges but given enough time it really starts to shine on its own. If you are a RPG fan and willing to keep an open mind, you shouldn't miss this. No, I don't really think the game is deserving of 10, more like high 8 in my book. However I gave a 10 anyways to offset the ridiculous amount of 0 from users who judge this gem purely on its production value or worse, never gave it the chance. Expand
  23. Feb 3, 2011
    In a word this is a good game. There are some problems with the interface, and some graphical issues on the 360, however, the game looks really good, and the story is very well told, and engrossing. Makes you feel as if you've really landed in a real world. The first part of the game, the first 2 - 3 hours is a bit lame, but once you round the curve, WOW, its really a very good game, and I think quite original in that I couldn't tell what was about to happen in a given story. Its not a polished game, but it really delivers on originality in a way that, dare I say, Dragon Age and Oblivion DO NOT. Dragon Age was a great game but every situation and story seemed both derivative and predictable, and Oblivion also gets quite predictable in its myriad of stories. Expand
  24. Feb 1, 2011
    It won't take down any of the Bethesda juggernauts, but Two Worlds is definitely a solid game. The co-op by itself is worth a purchase(at least a rental). The single player is very good, but ultimately forgotten in all the side quests you'll be doing. I'm a big open world RPG fan and this game delivers. The crafting system, whether it be building up your armor or buffing yourself with attribute crystals, is very well done. I haven't played a mage yet but a friend of mine has, and the spells he's created will blow your mind. The spellcrafting is superb. My only complaint is the way they did the horses. A constant tapping, but not too much or you get thrown. If they were going to do that it shouldn't have been mapped to a trigger. Also when you're riding cross country the frame-rate takes a serious dive. The multiplayer versus modes are also broken on account of the devastating attacks the Mage's can craft. In spite of that, the single player and co-op campaign shine. With some decent co-op DLC this game could easily be a 10. Expand
  25. Nov 27, 2011
    The first Two Worlds was an extremely flawed but strangely enjoyable RPG that had tons of potential to be the next big RPG, potential I was hoping the sequel would obtain, and honestly I thought it would but instead of trying to fix all the flaws the original they added a bunch of new stuff that doesn't work that well either, they did manage to improve on the graphics but don't get me wrong they still aren't all that great, but they manage to hold up well, the voice acting is still crappy although every now and then you'll find a decent voice actor every now and then and thank God they got a new voice actor for the Hero (your character), there are still some bugs and random load times but nowhere near as many as the first, the story is lame and I never cared (or really understood) what was going on, basically Gandohar has captured your sister to use her as a vessel for a dark god, sound familiar? it should because it's the exact same plot as the first games and it doesn't even explain how it ties into the first, and has what may be the stupidest ending ever, you'll be sitting in front of your TV saying "really that's the ending?", so as far as presentation goes it's decent but could still use a lot of work which wouldn't really bother me that much if the gameplay was solid, which it isn't, they added a bunch of new features that don't work and changed up a lot, but they only gave us a tutorial for one or two of the features you'll use, and those "tutorials" were half assed and not even telling me what I needed to know, so expect a lot of guessing in order to eventually figure out where everything is and how to use it, and the combat is now boring do to the new combat system, it's still a hack and slash at heart but the block system for enemies just makes combat drag on and on, and the magic system just plain out and flat barely works at all, and arrows take a lot of getting used too, and at times it can be irritating but no where near as bad as the first could be, and horses are still unusable, and nobody is playing multiplayer anymore, but it still has a lot of content to offer, tons of quests to complete, and tons of different enemies to kill, and tons of loot to collect, but the problem is that it's no fun to play, the only thing new thing that works is the awesome weapon and armor upgrading system which you can use materials from other weapons and armor to improve others, and the potion creating system has been greatly improved upon, it seems like the creators took one step forward and two steps back, it really pains me to have to give it this review because you can still see the tremendous potential this series still has, but this sequel manages only to improve a on a few features, and is still boring and no fun to play, so no matter ho much potential it had I cannot recommend this crappy RPG to even the most forgiving of gamers, do yourself a favor and pass on this game. Expand
  26. Jan 30, 2011
    This game could be an Oblivion killer (not quite, but almost). The world map is huge having 2 smaller islands, two medium islands (witch are about the size of Cyrodill in Oblivion) and a large island (mostly empty with forest used as a multi-player map). The graphics are pretty nice (a bit like the ones in Arcania) although the blur out-of-focus effect when you are on a horse or running full speed is overdone and kind of distracting to the point of being annoying. The main mission and side quests are pretty well done, not too repetitive. I don't get the media' s fit about the voice acting, because I think it is quite good. The best thing about a game like Two Worlds 2 (just like Two Worlds and TES:Oblivion) is that it's a true «open world» game where you can go anywhere you can see, unlike Dragon age where it's only smaller distinct areas connected by a map. Of all the xbox 360 rpg that I have (Dragon Age, Arcania: a gothic tale, TES IV:Oblivion, Fable 2, Fable 3, Nier, Two Worlds, Venetica, Divinty II, Kameo, Fallout, Mass Effect and Risen) I strongly believe that Two Worlds 2 is better than all of them, except maybe Oblivion and the Fables (although the big negative for Fable 2 and 3 are that they are way too short). So in short, Two Worlds is better than the first one in all the aspects (graphics, much less buggy, better acting, better animation, map, it feels like a quality game). It still has some issues such as the quest log interface is confusing, but which game is flawless? I would recommend this fun addictive game for any RPG fan. Expand
  27. Feb 9, 2011
    II am not a fan boy. I never played Two Worlds one. I read the reviews and avoided it. But I do love a good RPG, and there hasnâ
  28. Mar 24, 2011
    Probably the best open world RPG since morrowind, thatâ
  29. Jun 14, 2011
    I finished 2W2 last night and I have to say, barring the little frustration I had at the beginning with the horse racing, it was an enjoyable experience that I would recommend to anyone looking for that "Western" action RPG styled game. The good: Excellent visuals and lighting in the well realized world Beautiful musical score fairly well laid out control (save for the horse riding)

Beautifully designed monsters

Excellent weapon, item, and spell customization

The Bad:

Last generation character models for humans

Quite possibly the WORST Voice acting and translation in all of gaming

VERY confusing quest log

Graphical and Quest Glitching

Annoying "safe area" text windowing.

To start off, the question that many will have is whether or not it improves on the first game. Given that this wasn't a hard task, yes, it is an improvement. The world, while it has an occasional slowdown and pop in is well delivered and not choppy. The grass and foliage sways when you run through it, fences fall down when you run into them accidentally, and areas where you are supposed to "hate" to go do give you the ominous feeling of dread every time you need to venture into them. (See: The Swallows). The cities, while not super large, are designed well enough anddo give a sense that you are out of the woods and in civilized lands. Two cities in chapter 1, Hatmador and Cheznaddar were particularly well designed. The creatures of the game are incredibly well imagined, with zombies, ghouls, Varn (Jackal like dog people) and various critters populating the world. In contrast, the human character models looked right out of last gen technology. Yes, their hair wavers in the wind, but when you see games like Assassin's Creed (which someone painfully compared it to to get me to play this) it's impossible to understand why characters like this are created. BAD Southpeak, BAD.

The music is gorgeous, but truthfully not original. (I can't hold that against it though, as a musical score of any sort in games these days is similar to most others) often times reminding me of games I loved in days gone by. In particular, in chapter two you land in the "oriental" portion of the game, with music strikingly similar to Guild Wars Factions, and even some visual elements looking similar.

The voice acting, in STARK contrast to the music, is absolutely terrible. Wasn't there an article published recently about how disconnected the audience feels to their gravelly voiced protagonists? (I do believe it was IGN... SOUTHPEAK! READ THIS!) The lead character is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Nobody talks like that! DEAR GOD. Do yourself a favor as well, turn off the subtitles. They are filled with typos and often times, do not even say the same things as what the characters are saying.

The controls are somewhat simple, with the "A" button (I played the 360 version) being used for pretty much any interaction with the environment, and jumping. As strange as it sounds, it is fairly well realized. The fighting is good as well. Right trigger for "kill", left trigger for "keep from being killed". It's rather effective. The other buttons were assignable skills like spells or special warrior attacks.

The story isn't anything spectacular, with many of the side missions being more engaging. Having said that, there were a LOT of side missions. A particularly good one was solving a well laid out murder mystery. It's too bad the quest log was so confusing. It actually takes away from the experience of playing the missions when you cannot easily check your journal/ quest log to keep yourself up on what needs to be done next. There was a great ending to the game though, look forward to being pleased.

If you go into this game looking for the next Dragon Age, you will be sadly disappointed. It's a strong game with a lot going for it, but it isn't in the same league as games created by Bioware. If you go into this game looking for a fun fantasy experience along the lines of a great no name book you find in some no name used bookstore, then you will be vvery pleased with what you come out of it with. Minor glitches and TERRIBLE voiceacting aside, this is a game for a fantasy fan looking to kill 30 hours of his life and to like doing it.

Given that I haven't played the multiplayer portion of the game save for the first 10 minutes or so, perhaps my review can be considered incomplete. I was able to find games really quickly, and the multiplayer "questline" looks well designed and implemented. There was deathmatch, quest mode, and village mode (I guess it's something like Command and Conquer... I'll get back to you on that one.) The matchmaking looked a little broken though, as in a deathmatch, as a level 1 character, I was first paired with a level 390 player. Dear god.
  30. Aug 22, 2011
    Never ever buy this game!!!!!! If you have the money go buy Dragon Age 2 or Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion if you have not play. This games is horrible and voice is hideous as well as the character models. The good part about this game was only the awesome open world, but do not get this game. On the good side, this is better than Two Worlds 1.
  31. Mar 6, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Don't let the reputation of the previous game, nor the niggling bugs that permeate the title scare you away. Once those are scratched away a pleasant open action RPG awaits.
  2. Jun 17, 2011
    As a whole Two Worlds II is a definite step up from Two Worlds in almost every regard, and it especially shines through with its in-depth and thought out quest lines. Two Worlds II isn't however a match to the bigger western RPGs out there, e.g. The Elder Scrolls series. This is let down by the overly convoluting interface and control system that makes the gameplay feel like a generation behind.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Is the game perfect? No, not by a long shot, but after a few hours of learning how to do everything like creating my own spells and chaining my combat moves together, I really started to have fun with it.