6.6

1. Nov 27, 2011
    The first Two Worlds was an extremely flawed but strangely enjoyable RPG that had tons of potential to be the next big RPG, potential I was hoping the sequel would obtain, and honestly I thought it would but instead of trying to fix all the flaws the original they added a bunch of new stuff that doesn't work that well either, they did manage to improve on the graphics but don't get meThe first Two Worlds was an extremely flawed but strangely enjoyable RPG that had tons of potential to be the next big RPG, potential I was hoping the sequel would obtain, and honestly I thought it would but instead of trying to fix all the flaws the original they added a bunch of new stuff that doesn't work that well either, they did manage to improve on the graphics but don't get me wrong they still aren't all that great, but they manage to hold up well, the voice acting is still crappy although every now and then you'll find a decent voice actor every now and then and thank God they got a new voice actor for the Hero (your character), there are still some bugs and random load times but nowhere near as many as the first, the story is lame and I never cared (or really understood) what was going on, basically Gandohar has captured your sister to use her as a vessel for a dark god, sound familiar? it should because it's the exact same plot as the first games and it doesn't even explain how it ties into the first, and has what may be the stupidest ending ever, you'll be sitting in front of your TV saying "really that's the ending?", so as far as presentation goes it's decent but could still use a lot of work which wouldn't really bother me that much if the gameplay was solid, which it isn't, they added a bunch of new features that don't work and changed up a lot, but they only gave us a tutorial for one or two of the features you'll use, and those "tutorials" were half assed and not even telling me what I needed to know, so expect a lot of guessing in order to eventually figure out where everything is and how to use it, and the combat is now boring do to the new combat system, it's still a hack and slash at heart but the block system for enemies just makes combat drag on and on, and the magic system just plain out and flat barely works at all, and arrows take a lot of getting used too, and at times it can be irritating but no where near as bad as the first could be, and horses are still unusable, and nobody is playing multiplayer anymore, but it still has a lot of content to offer, tons of quests to complete, and tons of different enemies to kill, and tons of loot to collect, but the problem is that it's no fun to play, the only thing new thing that works is the awesome weapon and armor upgrading system which you can use materials from other weapons and armor to improve others, and the potion creating system has been greatly improved upon, it seems like the creators took one step forward and two steps back, it really pains me to have to give it this review because you can still see the tremendous potential this series still has, but this sequel manages only to improve a on a few features, and is still boring and no fun to play, so no matter ho much potential it had I cannot recommend this crappy RPG to even the most forgiving of gamers, do yourself a favor and pass on this game. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a pretty good game, with nice graphics,but the story was very cheesy. This will not become a game I'll reccomend! You will find that the game is somewhat hard at the start, but it will become better as the time goes on. Once you run the game, it will not be tempting to do so again. Expand
  3. Jul 11, 2011
    Terrible game. I bought this for the multiplayer aspect. And well, it turns out there is like 3 levels, no real quests and no point in even bothering with the multiplayer. The multiplayer is like an endless grind for better gear and xp. It is not worth the hours of grinding because the xp is slow and the item drops are not worth it. This game was just as bad as the first. The only positiveTerrible game. I bought this for the multiplayer aspect. And well, it turns out there is like 3 levels, no real quests and no point in even bothering with the multiplayer. The multiplayer is like an endless grind for better gear and xp. It is not worth the hours of grinding because the xp is slow and the item drops are not worth it. This game was just as bad as the first. The only positive thing I can say about this game, is that in singleplayer, they managed to achieve decent character animations and good graphics. Expand
  4. Nov 1, 2011
    Terrible **** Two Worlds I was so much better, one of my favorite RPGs. This one is just...bad. I dont have time to write a block of text for this, so just believe me the gameplay suck really hard. Play a mage, after few hours you get a shield and be immortal to all attacks, and thats not a bug.
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    This game is horrifyingly bad! I don't know what people are smoking to think this game is good?! Are people getting paid by developers? I don't even care that most of the larger continent is not single-player. This game sucks! After TW1 being bad, but playable, and after seeing mostly positive game reviews here I though I would give it another go I regret it. Seriously, everything aboutThis game is horrifyingly bad! I don't know what people are smoking to think this game is good?! Are people getting paid by developers? I don't even care that most of the larger continent is not single-player. This game sucks! After TW1 being bad, but playable, and after seeing mostly positive game reviews here I though I would give it another go I regret it. Seriously, everything about this game is sub-par.

The graphics are old, clunky, and boring (I'm running the game on max everything).

The animations are stiff and ridge. NPCs get stuck in walls and run in place facing the wall. Melee enemies something get stuck in a fighting animations even though your completely out of range.

The combat is soooo boring it hurts. I played through and beat the first game (which sucked too) and the combat in that game was much more fun. Combat here is all about blocking and waiting for the right moment to attack. In theory it's a good idea, it just fails epically here because there really is no strategy just button mashing. But the combat is slowed down because enemies will block everything until you wait for them to stop blocking and then bash them as quickly as possible. Also, enemies will many times gang rape you with cheap constant attacks preventing you from being able to start a block or do anything, but die.

RPGs are suppose to be about immersion. TW2 destroys any kind of immersion with crap dialogue, broken dialogue where NPCs should be talking but they say nothing I know this because I had subtitles on), and horrible boring voice acting. The biggest thing that turned me off was that there is a part of the game where you are in a Japanese/Chinese city, but all the NPCs are white people! There are no Asian looking people anywhere. WTF!

I got so bored by the end of chapter 1 that I ran through every main quest and beat the game.

A lot of Two World fans must enjoy crappy games because this game is bad and most of the positive reviews here are deceitful crap.
  6. Mar 7, 2011
    This game is an abomination. Avoid it at all costs. It's a bland, generic fantasy RPG that barely does anything to stand apart from the plethora of other games that outshine it. Almost every mechanic is broken to the point of frustration, and those that aren't simply slip in to tedium. There is no fun to be had with this title, even if you regard it as a B-movie experience.
  7. Aug 7, 2012
    Years ago, a friend rented the first "Two Worlds" as an alternative to The Elderscrolls: Oblivion. He played for less than an hour, removed the game and went back to playing Oblivion. Years later, here I am, repeating his cycle. I unwrapped the game less than two hours ago, and already wish I could go back in time, repackage it and return it to the store. The opening cinematic, with itsYears ago, a friend rented the first "Two Worlds" as an alternative to The Elderscrolls: Oblivion. He played for less than an hour, removed the game and went back to playing Oblivion. Years later, here I am, repeating his cycle. I unwrapped the game less than two hours ago, and already wish I could go back in time, repackage it and return it to the store. The opening cinematic, with its laughable dialogue and character models, abruptly transforms into a train-wreck introduction that failed to help me decipher Two Worlds Two's terrible control scheme. Combat is an absolute joke, and the introduction for this was divided into three disjointed scenarios. For example, a wizard said "let's go", and we teleported from an outdoor bridge to a cave that I cannot exit due to a game glitch. Archery could be better emulated by tying a string to two sides of a stick.

The game also tries to create the illusion of an open world, but boxes you in with invisible walls, and teleports you backward if you travel off the beaten path. Box me in with smart level design, not with a solution for lazy programming.

This mess is NOT worth your time, or money, no matter how cheap it is.
  8. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is one of the worst games I've ever played. Honestly, I can't write a good review for this only because I quit 30 minutes in, but I'll try to give a brief overview.
    Graphics: bad
    Size: for some reason does not fit my TV(Every other game I have does) Gameplay: Doesn't explain things at all yet requires you to do specific things to progress, plus bad Music: There was music?
    Graphics: bad
    Size: for some reason does not fit my TV(Every other game I have does)
    Music: There was music?
    Overall: Bad
  9. Jan 30, 2011
    This is a terrible game, buy this at your own peril. I really can't see how this is getting so many positive reviews, all of which claim that the problems of the first game have all been fixed. Well, I never played the first one but if Two Worlds 2 is this bad I'd hate to see the first. The graphics aren't the worst I've seen in a recent RPG, but they lack polish or any visual flare, andThis is a terrible game, buy this at your own peril. I really can't see how this is getting so many positive reviews, all of which claim that the problems of the first game have all been fixed. Well, I never played the first one but if Two Worlds 2 is this bad I'd hate to see the first. The graphics aren't the worst I've seen in a recent RPG, but they lack polish or any visual flare, and they get very blurry during cutscenes. I'm sure the devs thought this would be pretty, but it looks like you've got Vasoline in your eyes. The voice acting is terrible, the lip-syncing, hand gestures, and body language during cutscenes is laughable. The story, at least the part I played through before I returned this, is the overly simplistic tale of Orcs vs. humans, only in this game the Orcs are the goodguys. That's right, the Orcs. This is no spoiler as it states on the box art and in the first five minutes of the game. The menus are cumbersome and filled with too much information. Despite what the professional reviews say to the contrary this is a very complicated game, this could be alleviated with a nice thick manual(I know, they don't make those any more because of the tree-hugging hippies) or a decent in-game tutorial, neither of which were included. I'm usually complaining about RPGs being too streamlined these days so that the casual gamer can understand these games, but here a little bit more would have been nice. You have to craft everything, break down items into basic parts to be reconstructed into useful ones, design talismans, set your weapons and armor to specific to hotkeys(you can have up to three specific setups you can toggle with the d-pad), fuse crystals, construct spell-card combinations, etc., etc., etc. However, the aforementioned menu design and lack of instruction sap what little fun could have been found in this area of the game. Combat is horrible. You have a setup for ranged, melee, and mage which you switch with the d-pad, with each setup setup you can have totally different armor and up to two weapons hotkeyed, as well as two support items. The problem is that you can't use spells with weapons so you are swapping setups frequently which gets very confusing in the heat of battle. The other problem is that different foes will be attacking you at the same time, each one must be handled differently , some require you to merely wail on them with melee weapons, but others require specific spells. You'll be fighting a creature that is vulnerable to fire, then attacked by one that is affected by ice or wind, you have to kill one then go into the magic menu and design another talisman, then enter the battle again. This wouldn't be a problem if you could just specialize in melee, ranged, or magic, you could have three setups for a specific type of combat and switch between each, but this game forces you to be a jack of all trades and master of none, so you have to keep juggling which is not only annoying but deadly because of the sheer number of enemies, and it isn't like you'll find groups of similar creatures sticking together like in most games, at one time I was roaming the Savannah and there were like fifty creatures all in one place, ostriches, rhinos, giant fire ants, and monkeys that fling feces. That's right, poo-flinging monkeys. If you could carry a sword and cast a spell with the other hand like in most other RPGs there would be no problem, but you can't. If you could simply pick a class and master it, this wouldn't be a problem, but you can't. And good luck trying to hit anything anyway, there is no manual targeting system, the game merely attacks the enemy that is closest to you, and since enemies aren't stationary you just flail around like a spas, trying to juggle the appropriate weapon or spell. Also, the game autosaves at really questionable points in the game, like during combat, when you enter a village but not when you leave, when you start a quest but not when you complete it, or before long cutscenes. You'll want to manually save quite often. There are simply too many concepts shoehorned into a game that was clearly too ambitious for the devs to handle, none were implemented properly, and little explanation was made of how these concepts should have worked. And don't think that these are minor issues that can be learned to live with, it isn't worth the hassle. Between boredom, confusion, and tedium you likely won't be playing this very long. There are other superior, less-expensive options out there.â Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2011
    This game gets a zero for failing at one of the most CRUCIAL elements of this game..the combat. Never have I played a game that had such terrible controls like in Two Worlds 2. You would have expected them to nail the gameplay the second time around, but oh no, they broke it even more. The game looked promising enough, I dare say that the graphics were pretty nice this time around.This game gets a zero for failing at one of the most CRUCIAL elements of this game..the combat. Never have I played a game that had such terrible controls like in Two Worlds 2. You would have expected them to nail the gameplay the second time around, but oh no, they broke it even more. The game looked promising enough, I dare say that the graphics were pretty nice this time around. However, the lack of targeting system to have a decent fight in this game craps on anything they may have done right. When I had played, I decided I wanted to play as a Mage/Archer combo. Little did I know how TERRIBLE the combat was. I would be trying to aim at an enemy but would end up targeting the person behind them instead. To make matters worse, the game lacks any sort of dodge to roll out of harms way from arrows, magic, or enemies charging you with melee weapons. I don't understand what would have been so hard about adding in a better targeting system like that of the Assassin's Creed or hell, even one like that in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time for crying out loud! Anyone giving this game a 10 has got to be on drugs..I've played crappy game before and this game is no exception. Collapse
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    Let me start of by saying I'm not judging this game based on its entire body of work, mainly because I played this game for an hour before I had to stop. While the story may be rich and the environments may be expansive, I just could not get into the game. The graphics were, lets just say less than stellar. I found the gameplay to be stale and boring at times. The character growthLet me start of by saying I'm not judging this game based on its entire body of work, mainly because I played this game for an hour before I had to stop. While the story may be rich and the environments may be expansive, I just could not get into the game. The graphics were, lets just say less than stellar. I found the gameplay to be stale and boring at times. The character growth system was simply too expansive and would drive away everyone but the most devout RPG players. While many people might not find it fair to give this game a 0 based on an hour of gameplay, I find it hard to believe that this game warrants 7.0 rating. Expand
  12. Aug 22, 2011
    Never ever buy this game!!!!!! If you have the money go buy Dragon Age 2 or Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion if you have not play. This games is horrible and voice is hideous as well as the character models. The good part about this game was only the awesome open world, but do not get this game. On the good side, this is better than Two Worlds 1.
  13. Mar 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't vote less than zero. If I could, it would honestly be more negative then the scale could even go. I played this game for 3 hours, trying to get into it.
    I ran though some of the quest and everything, and then I realized how horrible some of the basic game mechanics were. The inventory was horrible, and lagged every time I tried to open it. I'd be in the middle of combat, and it would just randomly switch to a random target, causing me to get mugged anytime I was against more than one enemy. I tried to do the main quest, and none of the quest objects would even spawn! Never before have I been so disappointed in a game. I think Two Worlds I was better, because at least then it was mediocre and I could follow the story and play with minimal amounts of bugs. Plus, you can't really select one class and stay with it. You have to juggle everything around and just hope you can get through a battle and win.
    The story was horrible, because it was orcs against humans, and the orcs were the GOOD GUYS. How the **** does that even work. At this point I just dropped the game, but i couldn't get a refund because of the stores policy. I now have to have this piece of scrap just laying around taking up space. I now know to NEVER buy a game unless I rent it first. I can't imagine how some of these people are giving the game a 10. I would give it a 8 if we were just talking about the level and the graphics, because I thought they were pretty good, but everything else is a zero.
  14. Jun 29, 2012
    Awesome game. I really like it. The BEST necromancy experience I've seen for now, waiting for GW2 to improve it. Nice graphics, nice story, nice gameplay. Some animations are kinda laughable though.
  15. Feb 2, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Don't let the reputation of the previous game, nor the niggling bugs that permeate the title scare you away. Once those are scratched away a pleasant open action RPG awaits.
  2. Jun 17, 2011
    As a whole Two Worlds II is a definite step up from Two Worlds in almost every regard, and it especially shines through with its in-depth and thought out quest lines. Two Worlds II isn't however a match to the bigger western RPGs out there, e.g. The Elder Scrolls series. This is let down by the overly convoluting interface and control system that makes the gameplay feel like a generation behind.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Is the game perfect? No, not by a long shot, but after a few hours of learning how to do everything like creating my own spells and chaining my combat moves together, I really started to have fun with it.