6.6

1. Jul 29, 2014
    Fond memories. I had so much fun playing this funky game. I beat it twice. The bow and arrow mod is the way to go. I'm not big on the magic or melee system though. This game doesn't "hold your hand" like many of the newer games out there. Enemies don't level with your character. People complain about the interface but it can actually be made more manageable in the menu options. TheFond memories. I had so much fun playing this funky game. I beat it twice. The bow and arrow mod is the way to go. I'm not big on the magic or melee system though. This game doesn't "hold your hand" like many of the newer games out there. Enemies don't level with your character. People complain about the interface but it can actually be made more manageable in the menu options. The crafting system then becomes tenable and quite enjoyable. The story has a great sense of humor and the story actually does end up becoming very tragic and enjoyable in the end of the game. Expand
  2. Jan 7, 2014
    This game wasn't the horrible RPG I expected when buying this game. The graphics however, have a major problem. Sure it's 3d and yeah, but the motion blur when moving fast (running) and when turning around is not the stuff I expected. After awhile your eyes will get used to it, but it does hurt alittle when you start playing. The combat is overall, good enough. The swordplay actions areThis game wasn't the horrible RPG I expected when buying this game. The graphics however, have a major problem. Sure it's 3d and yeah, but the motion blur when moving fast (running) and when turning around is not the stuff I expected. After awhile your eyes will get used to it, but it does hurt alittle when you start playing. The combat is overall, good enough. The swordplay actions are highly unrealistic, but using a bow is just... really good. Well, still another one that i do not appreciate. When you are doing combat, unlike games like assasin's creed and cod, it doesn't tell you that you are going to die. There is only this health potion looking thing that shows how much health you have left, but it does not have any sort of screen effect that will mention to you that you are about to load the last save if you dont drink a health potion. I have died many times by simply not paying attention, which I am not used to. The open-worldness is pretty good, and lockpicking is a realistic and fun experience. The big "Up" for this game is that, for one, it is quite entertaining simply to tell, and also if you happened to not like this game, you didn't waste your money cause its damn cheap. The version on Xbox and PS3 is a cheap 15 bucks, but if you were just testing out and you don't want to possibly waste your money cause you don't like it, you could buy the PC/Mac version which is somewhere between $2.99 and $7.99. Overall, I love this game. Go give it a try. You will probably like it. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    Trash this game was so pathetic that it was so easy to die, it was fun jumping of cliffs and stuff. If you like adventure games and don't like doing the quests or storys and just like to explore this is right for you just be prepared to die.... I cant even believe they released this game....

Maki
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    This game is horrifyingly bad! I don't know what people are smoking to think this game is good?! Are people getting paid by developers? I don't even care that most of the larger continent is not single-player. This game sucks! After TW1 being bad, but playable, and after seeing mostly positive game reviews here I though I would give it another go I regret it. Seriously, everything aboutThis game is horrifyingly bad! I don't know what people are smoking to think this game is good?! Are people getting paid by developers? I don't even care that most of the larger continent is not single-player. This game sucks! After TW1 being bad, but playable, and after seeing mostly positive game reviews here I though I would give it another go I regret it. Seriously, everything about this game is sub-par.

The graphics are old, clunky, and boring (I'm running the game on max everything).

The animations are stiff and ridge. NPCs get stuck in walls and run in place facing the wall. Melee enemies something get stuck in a fighting animations even though your completely out of range.

The combat is soooo boring it hurts. I played through and beat the first game (which sucked too) and the combat in that game was much more fun. Combat here is all about blocking and waiting for the right moment to attack. In theory it's a good idea, it just fails epically here because there really is no strategy just button mashing. But the combat is slowed down because enemies will block everything until you wait for them to stop blocking and then bash them as quickly as possible. Also, enemies will many times gang rape you with cheap constant attacks preventing you from being able to start a block or do anything, but die.

RPGs are suppose to be about immersion. TW2 destroys any kind of immersion with crap dialogue, broken dialogue where NPCs should be talking but they say nothing I know this because I had subtitles on), and horrible boring voice acting. The biggest thing that turned me off was that there is a part of the game where you are in a Japanese/Chinese city, but all the NPCs are white people! There are no Asian looking people anywhere. WTF!

I got so bored by the end of chapter 1 that I ran through every main quest and beat the game.

A lot of Two World fans must enjoy crappy games because this game is bad and most of the positive reviews here are deceitful crap.
  5. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is one of the worst games I've ever played. Honestly, I can't write a good review for this only because I quit 30 minutes in, but I'll try to give a brief overview.
    Graphics: bad
    Size: for some reason does not fit my TV(Every other game I have does) Gameplay: Doesn't explain things at all yet requires you to do specific things to progress, plus bad Music: There was music?
    Graphics: bad
    Size: for some reason does not fit my TV(Every other game I have does)
    Music: There was music?
    Overall: Bad
  6. Apr 14, 2013
    Two Worlds 2, what a game Two Worlds 1 was. Only joking, Two Worlds 1 needed improvement and that's what Two Worlds 2 is here for, right? Yes, of course it is! The game is basically aimed at the same villain that was in the first game. The graphics are kinda neat, but the most graphically enhanced feature would be the water and most definitely the lighting which is outright beautiful! TheTwo Worlds 2, what a game Two Worlds 1 was. Only joking, Two Worlds 1 needed improvement and that's what Two Worlds 2 is here for, right? Yes, of course it is! The game is basically aimed at the same villain that was in the first game. The graphics are kinda neat, but the most graphically enhanced feature would be the water and most definitely the lighting which is outright beautiful! The characters are very dull, still but some parts are funny which probably weren't intended to be because the voice acting is ridiculous and stupid. They still use the same Old-Worlde type accent which gets really boring later on in the game. The combat has definitely improved, but the characters still look like they have sausages for arms when they swings a sword. What I found the most impressive is the spell system. Almost anything can be done with these spells to create unique things to kill your enemy and to just merely satisfy your needs. There is also online multiplayer and an awesome 'Town' game mode which you create a town with money you earn over time or through online multiplayer. You will also need to defend enemy's that threaten your town, and in the end just cause your villagers to become upset, nothing much. In conclusion, this game is great, I had fun throughout the entire thing and I really enjoyed the multiplayer too! The reason why I am not giving it a mixed rating would be because Reality Pump have improved it so much, that I am so impressed. Keep it up Reality Pump!

Melson97
  7. Aug 17, 2012
    6.4 out of 10. At the first hours, I was pretty excited about the game and I couldn't stop playing it. But after a while the concept actually looked kinda empty, Two Worlds 2 isn't the kind of RPG that will keep throwing side quests at you, for some reason many monsters monsters doesn't respawn and the dialogue with NPCs should have had more options. These things made me disappointed about6.4 out of 10. At the first hours, I was pretty excited about the game and I couldn't stop playing it. But after a while the concept actually looked kinda empty, Two Worlds 2 isn't the kind of RPG that will keep throwing side quests at you, for some reason many monsters monsters doesn't respawn and the dialogue with NPCs should have had more options. These things made me disappointed about the game, but I still liked the fast loading screens and the magic system. Try seeing if it works for you before buying if you want to. Expand
  8. Aug 7, 2012
    Years ago, a friend rented the first "Two Worlds" as an alternative to The Elderscrolls: Oblivion. He played for less than an hour, removed the game and went back to playing Oblivion. Years later, here I am, repeating his cycle. I unwrapped the game less than two hours ago, and already wish I could go back in time, repackage it and return it to the store. The opening cinematic, with itsYears ago, a friend rented the first "Two Worlds" as an alternative to The Elderscrolls: Oblivion. He played for less than an hour, removed the game and went back to playing Oblivion. Years later, here I am, repeating his cycle. I unwrapped the game less than two hours ago, and already wish I could go back in time, repackage it and return it to the store. The opening cinematic, with its laughable dialogue and character models, abruptly transforms into a train-wreck introduction that failed to help me decipher Two Worlds Two's terrible control scheme. Combat is an absolute joke, and the introduction for this was divided into three disjointed scenarios. For example, a wizard said "let's go", and we teleported from an outdoor bridge to a cave that I cannot exit due to a game glitch. Archery could be better emulated by tying a string to two sides of a stick.

The game also tries to create the illusion of an open world, but boxes you in with invisible walls, and teleports you backward if you travel off the beaten path. Box me in with smart level design, not with a solution for lazy programming.

This mess is NOT worth your time, or money, no matter how cheap it is.
  9. Jun 29, 2012
    Awesome game. I really like it. The BEST necromancy experience I've seen for now, waiting for GW2 to improve it. Nice graphics, nice story, nice gameplay. Some animations are kinda laughable though.
  10. Mar 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't vote less than zero. If I could, it would honestly be more negative then the scale could even go. I played this game for 3 hours, trying to get into it.
    I ran though some of the quest and everything, and then I realized how horrible some of the basic game mechanics were. The inventory was horrible, and lagged every time I tried to open it. I'd be in the middle of combat, and it would just randomly switch to a random target, causing me to get mugged anytime I was against more than one enemy. I tried to do the main quest, and none of the quest objects would even spawn! Never before have I been so disappointed in a game. I think Two Worlds I was better, because at least then it was mediocre and I could follow the story and play with minimal amounts of bugs. Plus, you can't really select one class and stay with it. You have to juggle everything around and just hope you can get through a battle and win.
    The story was horrible, because it was orcs against humans, and the orcs were the GOOD GUYS. How the **** does that even work. At this point I just dropped the game, but i couldn't get a refund because of the stores policy. I now have to have this piece of scrap just laying around taking up space. I now know to NEVER buy a game unless I rent it first. I can't imagine how some of these people are giving the game a 10. I would give it a 8 if we were just talking about the level and the graphics, because I thought they were pretty good, but everything else is a zero.
  11. Feb 20, 2012
    Great semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. Magic system is really intresting hereGreat semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. Magic system is really intresting here unlike in most RPGs (you can create your own spells). I guess this game could be much better, but its already a huge step forward from the previous one. Expand
  12. Nov 27, 2011
    The first Two Worlds was an extremely flawed but strangely enjoyable RPG that had tons of potential to be the next big RPG, potential I was hoping the sequel would obtain, and honestly I thought it would but instead of trying to fix all the flaws the original they added a bunch of new stuff that doesn't work that well either, they did manage to improve on the graphics but don't get meThe first Two Worlds was an extremely flawed but strangely enjoyable RPG that had tons of potential to be the next big RPG, potential I was hoping the sequel would obtain, and honestly I thought it would but instead of trying to fix all the flaws the original they added a bunch of new stuff that doesn't work that well either, they did manage to improve on the graphics but don't get me wrong they still aren't all that great, but they manage to hold up well, the voice acting is still crappy although every now and then you'll find a decent voice actor every now and then and thank God they got a new voice actor for the Hero (your character), there are still some bugs and random load times but nowhere near as many as the first, the story is lame and I never cared (or really understood) what was going on, basically Gandohar has captured your sister to use her as a vessel for a dark god, sound familiar? it should because it's the exact same plot as the first games and it doesn't even explain how it ties into the first, and has what may be the stupidest ending ever, you'll be sitting in front of your TV saying "really that's the ending?", so as far as presentation goes it's decent but could still use a lot of work which wouldn't really bother me that much if the gameplay was solid, which it isn't, they added a bunch of new features that don't work and changed up a lot, but they only gave us a tutorial for one or two of the features you'll use, and those "tutorials" were half assed and not even telling me what I needed to know, so expect a lot of guessing in order to eventually figure out where everything is and how to use it, and the combat is now boring do to the new combat system, it's still a hack and slash at heart but the block system for enemies just makes combat drag on and on, and the magic system just plain out and flat barely works at all, and arrows take a lot of getting used too, and at times it can be irritating but no where near as bad as the first could be, and horses are still unusable, and nobody is playing multiplayer anymore, but it still has a lot of content to offer, tons of quests to complete, and tons of different enemies to kill, and tons of loot to collect, but the problem is that it's no fun to play, the only thing new thing that works is the awesome weapon and armor upgrading system which you can use materials from other weapons and armor to improve others, and the potion creating system has been greatly improved upon, it seems like the creators took one step forward and two steps back, it really pains me to have to give it this review because you can still see the tremendous potential this series still has, but this sequel manages only to improve a on a few features, and is still boring and no fun to play, so no matter ho much potential it had I cannot recommend this crappy RPG to even the most forgiving of gamers, do yourself a favor and pass on this game. Expand
  13. Nov 1, 2011
    Terrible **** Two Worlds I was so much better, one of my favorite RPGs. This one is just...bad. I dont have time to write a block of text for this, so just believe me the gameplay suck really hard. Play a mage, after few hours you get a shield and be immortal to all attacks, and thats not a bug.
  14. Oct 25, 2011
    We all remember the failure of a creation that is Two Worlds. It was a poor game, the voice acting was terrible, the combat sucked, there was just not a lot of positive things to say really.
    Which is why I'm glad to say that Two Worlds II is actually a decent game. If you like RPGs, I must add.
    When I first played this game it was a bit more than half a year old. I have enjoyed this game a lot, played all the side quests, so far I've spent about 10-15 hours and I don't have the feeling I'm nearly done. The graphics are very nice as well. The bloom effects however can get a bit exaggerated - sometimes you'll be talking to a person who is reflecting the sunlight instead of just being brightened by it. The spell effects look nice though, and a lot of the creature models are just awesome. Unfortunately there's some less good looking ones in there as well. Which gives you a better feeling when killing it - putting the poor bastards out of their misery.
    The combat is great as well. There are physical skills you can use, magical ones and ranged ones. You can swap between weapons with the press of one button which allows you to incinerate monsters that are immune to your physical swings.
    Character development is nice. The creation of your character is obviously what you start the game with, purely physical. You are unskilled. As you level up you can spend points in attributes and skills, shaping the character entirely the way you want, as is the expected standard for an RPG.
    I'm not all that excited about the voice acting. Your characters sounds a bit too cheesy darky seriousy. Other characters' voices can be a bit poorly done as well, but there are some good actors in there.

All in all I like this game a lot, I'm a sucker for RPGs I must add though. The graphics are good, the elements that you expect from an RPG are there, and there is enough to do to waste a lot of your free hours.
  15. Aug 22, 2011
    Never ever buy this game!!!!!! If you have the money go buy Dragon Age 2 or Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion if you have not play. This games is horrible and voice is hideous as well as the character models. The good part about this game was only the awesome open world, but do not get this game. On the good side, this is better than Two Worlds 1.
  16. Aug 9, 2011
    I give this game a 7.75, so I should obviously round up. Let me start by saying that if you're heading into this game attempting to compare every single minor aspect to Oblivion, you will probably not enjoy this game. Oblivion is the benchmark for modern RPG's, despite being released years ago, so you have to understand that this game is not going to outshine Oblivion, nor is it reallyI give this game a 7.75, so I should obviously round up. Let me start by saying that if you're heading into this game attempting to compare every single minor aspect to Oblivion, you will probably not enjoy this game. Oblivion is the benchmark for modern RPG's, despite being released years ago, so you have to understand that this game is not going to outshine Oblivion, nor is it really even similar, other than in obvious ways. First, I feel that the primary storyline isn't the least bit engaging, despite having some interesting quests along the way. The storyline never really pulled me into the game, and I was mainly pushing through it just for achievements. I'm not implying that it's a crappy story, it just seemed uninteresting in my opinion. The game does have some MINOR graphical issues, nothing to the extent of what some of the other critics are saying. The framerate will sometimes bug out, but these times are rare and far between. I was expecting much better graphics from watching the preview demos, and I was a little disappointed in that department. The graphics are decent for such a huge, open-world game, but nothing like what Reality Pump was attempting to convey to us. Character models are bland and outdated, and the lip-synching on this game is laughably bad. Voice acting ranges from bad to mediocre at best, and the dialogue doesn't feel polished yet. Reality Pump claims that they hired professional authors to work on improved dialogue from the first one, but I honestly don't believe that, based on my own judgment. The combat animations sometimes looks cheesy and unrealistic, and battling can sometimes feel a little clunky, depending on what you're fighting. Enemy monsters can also sometimes be glitchy. I've seen them fall through floors as well as completely freeze up and wait for you to finish them off. Two Worlds 2's may feature a ridiculous amount of quests, but many of them are generic and uninspired, the classic "Go here and fetch this", or "Kill this or those". Negatives aside, it's still a very entertaining experience. Many of the quests are still very fun and original, with a decent amount of humor thrown in. Despite combat occasionally feeling unpolished, it's still solid and satisfying, even when combating multiple adversaries. The game's spell-combine system is extremely innovative, allowing the creative to conjure up an overwhelming amount of spells in an instant. However, I still feel that it's a little restrictive, and maybe in a sequel take this mechanic to the next level. It was a little difficult to understand the entire system at first, but once I got the hang of it, I was lobbing Fireballs that ricocheted and drained my opponent's health before summoning a Stone Golem without any trouble. Using a bow on this game is extremely unpolished, clunky, and seemingly useless. Unless someone knows something I don't, I wouldn't recommend this character build. The leveling up system allows you to invest points in skills that you feel you would need. It doesn't require you to purchase a worthless skill first before a decent one. You simply select the skill from the 3 (Warrior, Rogue, Mage) trees, as well as 3 universal ones (I.E. Armor Crafting or Physical Resilience). This system allows you to progress based on how you play the game, allowing for tons of customization. Two Worlds 2 has an absolutely huge open-world to explore, with the first 40 hours of the game taking place on the first two decent sized islands, before arriving on the mainland, which is about 5 times the size of aforementioned islands. Environments are very well done, never becoming bland and keeping things fresh with lush, beautiful scenery. Weapon customization is expertly done as well, allowing you to select any weapon you want and continue to upgrade it as well as personalize it with various dyes. This system also applies to armors and shields as well, so if you can't bear to throw away that trusty Rhino Hide armor you've been using nonstop, you don't have to. There are a few other minor annoyances that occur in the game, but nothing worth mentioning that you can't get over. The online game where you create your own Village is genius, granting you tons of additional hours of gameplay to collect crystals to build more, as well do quests for your village to keep them stocked up. Overall, like I mentioned earlier, if you see this game as a separate RPG from Oblivion, you will probably love it if you're a fan of open-world RPG's. It has its shortcomings, and you really have to grind out the first 3 hours before it gets decent, but those flaws don't outshine the final product. This will definitely hold you over until Skyrim, but that's not to take anything away from this underrated game. You're easily guaranteed in the triple digits in terms of hours of gameplay, so rent it if you're still unsure or make the purchase. Expand
  17. Jul 22, 2011
    This is more of a shock to me than anyone else, but this is quite honestly one of the best RPG's I've ever played for the 360. Only TES: Oblivion beats it in my mind. The graphics are incredibly well polished, the character customization is almost TOO in-depth, and - unlike what's been stated here - I've had absolutely no problems with combat. At times it even feels like the combat fromThis is more of a shock to me than anyone else, but this is quite honestly one of the best RPG's I've ever played for the 360. Only TES: Oblivion beats it in my mind. The graphics are incredibly well polished, the character customization is almost TOO in-depth, and - unlike what's been stated here - I've had absolutely no problems with combat. At times it even feels like the combat from Assassin's Creed, which probably isn't what you want to hear -- it just shares a similar flair and style to it. There are countless and countless sub-quests, enough that I've played about 20 hours and I'm not even pass the second area and still in the first chapter. There's four chapters. The only downside to the game is that I really wanted to try out the robust magic system, but it's in-fact too complicated for me. That's just me being stupid, I'm sure, but it reaaaaaaaaaaally has a learning-curve in that aspect. If you're content duel-wielding some lightning-fast sabres or brandishing a massive battle-axe though, like me, you'll be content as I'll get out to hack-and-smash your way through this shockingly good RPG. Fan of TES or the Fallout series, you pick this up. Expand
  18. MJR
    Jul 12, 2011
    The first two worlds I thought of as being like a favorite B movie. There is no reason anyone should like it but for whatever reason I did. This one on the other hand is hugely better. I'm 25 hours in and I really enjoy it. There is so much in the game to love and yes there are some bugs and I don't think they've released a single patch but really they did right. The voice acting isThe first two worlds I thought of as being like a favorite B movie. There is no reason anyone should like it but for whatever reason I did. This one on the other hand is hugely better. I'm 25 hours in and I really enjoy it. There is so much in the game to love and yes there are some bugs and I don't think they've released a single patch but really they did right. The voice acting is monumentally better or perhaps it is because they removed the verily's, thee's, and hath's and hath not's. Obviously they knew by feedback the lines were silly in the first and so they even make fun of it. When you're in Hatmandor in the tavern go up on the right balcony and talk to the guy sitting on the bench. You will laugh. I don't want to write out everything they do in the game, there's just too much so suffice it to say that this is a great RPG that hopefully you can pick up and enjoy despite some bugs. (By the way there is a quest in New Ashos called "One for the books" where you have to find this guy who is not always going to...exist. Make a save before the quest and reload until he's there.) Expand
  19. Jul 11, 2011
    Terrible game. I bought this for the multiplayer aspect. And well, it turns out there is like 3 levels, no real quests and no point in even bothering with the multiplayer. The multiplayer is like an endless grind for better gear and xp. It is not worth the hours of grinding because the xp is slow and the item drops are not worth it. This game was just as bad as the first. The only positiveTerrible game. I bought this for the multiplayer aspect. And well, it turns out there is like 3 levels, no real quests and no point in even bothering with the multiplayer. The multiplayer is like an endless grind for better gear and xp. It is not worth the hours of grinding because the xp is slow and the item drops are not worth it. This game was just as bad as the first. The only positive thing I can say about this game, is that in singleplayer, they managed to achieve decent character animations and good graphics. Expand
  20. Jun 29, 2011
    I didn't care much for the first, seeing it as a poor man's Oblivion or similar and thus held off on the sequel until now. Boy, was I mistaken. The game does everything right in my RPG-view; experience levels, active and passive skills, just enough visual customization, and a huge open world where you can go anywhere and do anything. All held together in a strikingly beautiful world II didn't care much for the first, seeing it as a poor man's Oblivion or similar and thus held off on the sequel until now. Boy, was I mistaken. The game does everything right in my RPG-view; experience levels, active and passive skills, just enough visual customization, and a huge open world where you can go anywhere and do anything. All held together in a strikingly beautiful world I don't think can compare to anything on the box now.

A long and interesting 30+ hour single-player campaign, with some really creative writing and original spin on quests. Once that is done you can tackle the multi-player campaign or modes that I was very skeptical for at first, but grew to love to no end. The multiplayer alone will probably keep you occupied for another 30+ hours.

Does it have it's flaws? Surely, but nothing serious. Depends how much it matters to you. There is virtually no lip-sync that is a bit off-putting. A sound bug can happen, where you have to dashboard and restart. Sometimes you can get stuck in the scenery, but have teleporters that can help you out. Don't expect the best of voice acting either. Depends how much these things matters to you. I like my Euro-rpgs a little rough around the edges, and utterly hate being led by the hand through tunnels you cannot deviate from anyway, so if that is a characteristic you can identify with, this is for you. I've only ever given another rpg a perfect 10 and Two Worlds 2 beats it by a hair. Bring on the DLC with more content and fixes.
  21. Jun 14, 2011
    I finished 2W2 last night and I have to say, barring the little frustration I had at the beginning with the horse racing, it was an enjoyable experience that I would recommend to anyone looking for that "Western" action RPG styled game. The good:

Excellent visuals and lighting in the well realized world Beautiful musical score fairly well laid out control (save for the horse riding)

Excellent visuals and lighting in the well realized world

Beautiful musical score

fairly well laid out control (save for the horse riding)

Beautifully designed monsters

Excellent weapon, item, and spell customization

The Bad:

Last generation character models for humans

Quite possibly the WORST Voice acting and translation in all of gaming

VERY confusing quest log

Graphical and Quest Glitching

Annoying "safe area" text windowing.

To start off, the question that many will have is whether or not it improves on the first game. Given that this wasn't a hard task, yes, it is an improvement. The world, while it has an occasional slowdown and pop in is well delivered and not choppy. The grass and foliage sways when you run through it, fences fall down when you run into them accidentally, and areas where you are supposed to "hate" to go do give you the ominous feeling of dread every time you need to venture into them. (See: The Swallows). The cities, while not super large, are designed well enough anddo give a sense that you are out of the woods and in civilized lands. Two cities in chapter 1, Hatmador and Cheznaddar were particularly well designed. The creatures of the game are incredibly well imagined, with zombies, ghouls, Varn (Jackal like dog people) and various critters populating the world. In contrast, the human character models looked right out of last gen technology. Yes, their hair wavers in the wind, but when you see games like Assassin's Creed (which someone painfully compared it to to get me to play this) it's impossible to understand why characters like this are created. BAD Southpeak, BAD.

The music is gorgeous, but truthfully not original. (I can't hold that against it though, as a musical score of any sort in games these days is similar to most others) often times reminding me of games I loved in days gone by. In particular, in chapter two you land in the "oriental" portion of the game, with music strikingly similar to Guild Wars Factions, and even some visual elements looking similar.

The voice acting, in STARK contrast to the music, is absolutely terrible. Wasn't there an article published recently about how disconnected the audience feels to their gravelly voiced protagonists? (I do believe it was IGN... SOUTHPEAK! READ THIS!) The lead character is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Nobody talks like that! DEAR GOD. Do yourself a favor as well, turn off the subtitles. They are filled with typos and often times, do not even say the same things as what the characters are saying.

The controls are somewhat simple, with the "A" button (I played the 360 version) being used for pretty much any interaction with the environment, and jumping. As strange as it sounds, it is fairly well realized. The fighting is good as well. Right trigger for "kill", left trigger for "keep from being killed". It's rather effective. The other buttons were assignable skills like spells or special warrior attacks.

The story isn't anything spectacular, with many of the side missions being more engaging. Having said that, there were a LOT of side missions. A particularly good one was solving a well laid out murder mystery. It's too bad the quest log was so confusing. It actually takes away from the experience of playing the missions when you cannot easily check your journal/ quest log to keep yourself up on what needs to be done next. There was a great ending to the game though, look forward to being pleased.

If you go into this game looking for the next Dragon Age, you will be sadly disappointed. It's a strong game with a lot going for it, but it isn't in the same league as games created by Bioware. If you go into this game looking for a fun fantasy experience along the lines of a great no name book you find in some no name used bookstore, then you will be vvery pleased with what you come out of it with. Minor glitches and TERRIBLE voiceacting aside, this is a game for a fantasy fan looking to kill 30 hours of his life and to like doing it.

Given that I haven't played the multiplayer portion of the game save for the first 10 minutes or so, perhaps my review can be considered incomplete. I was able to find games really quickly, and the multiplayer "questline" looks well designed and implemented. There was deathmatch, quest mode, and village mode (I guess it's something like Command and Conquer... I'll get back to you on that one.) The matchmaking looked a little broken though, as in a deathmatch, as a level 1 character, I was first paired with a level 390 player. Dear god.
  22. May 23, 2011
    First off i must say this. People have become lemmings when deciding to play video games. One person says its bad and nobody wants to play the game not even try it(CASTLEVANIA LORD OF SHADOWS FOR EXAMPLE). TWO WORLDS 2 is a 100 percent improvement over the first game. It seems that no one remembers even though the game play was good MORROWWIND was ugly as hell. The attack system wasFirst off i must say this. People have become lemmings when deciding to play video games. One person says its bad and nobody wants to play the game not even try it(CASTLEVANIA LORD OF SHADOWS FOR EXAMPLE). TWO WORLDS 2 is a 100 percent improvement over the first game. It seems that no one remembers even though the game play was good MORROWWIND was ugly as hell. The attack system was crap it took 10 minutes to kill a rat because you couldnt angle down far enough. two worlds 1 was their first action rpg i believe PEOPLE YOU SHOULD JUDGE GAMES FOR THEMSELVES. Have any of you EVER played redguard on pc it was before morrowind fun but crappy graphics. two worlds 2 does have flaws but not so severe that you can't enjoy it. I grew up in the Atari age the more about gameplay than graphics. two worlds 2 has great graphics better that OBLIVION , great story i wouldn't say bad voice acting but humorous and silly sometimes. people who play games in this day and time are looking for a hand out from games and are turned off by this game when it hands you your ass. Games should be challenging. In Two worlds 2 you are required to play in the style of assasins creed you can't just barge into an grom camp YOU DIE you have to use strategy
    and thought in every move you make. which makes this game challenging. Great Game SOUTH PEAK
    CONTINUE IMPROVING CAN'T WAIT FOR PART 3
  23. May 17, 2011
    I don't understand why the "professional" reviewers have been so critical of this game. Yes, the game is a little rough around the edges but given enough time it really starts to shine on its own. If you are a RPG fan and willing to keep an open mind, you shouldn't miss this. No, I don't really think the game is deserving of 10, more like high 8 in my book. However I gave a 10 anyways toI don't understand why the "professional" reviewers have been so critical of this game. Yes, the game is a little rough around the edges but given enough time it really starts to shine on its own. If you are a RPG fan and willing to keep an open mind, you shouldn't miss this. No, I don't really think the game is deserving of 10, more like high 8 in my book. However I gave a 10 anyways to offset the ridiculous amount of 0 from users who judge this gem purely on its production value or worse, never gave it the chance. Expand
  24. May 17, 2011
    The magic system in this game is the best magic system I have ever come across in any rpg. EVER you can create a nearly unlimited number of spell combinations.Once you get into this game it is just so addictive theres so many armours and weopens to collect that you will spend a very long time trying to get them all! Very fun game!
  25. May 6, 2011
    Quite enjoyed this. Excellent graphics, Good story-line, but quite a few fed-ex missions. You can virtually travel wherever and whenever you like in quite a large world. I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised and played single-player to the end. I''m afraid the Alchemy and Spell-casting left me cold and I managed to finish the game with no Alchemy and only a couple of basicQuite enjoyed this. Excellent graphics, Good story-line, but quite a few fed-ex missions. You can virtually travel wherever and whenever you like in quite a large world. I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised and played single-player to the end. I''m afraid the Alchemy and Spell-casting left me cold and I managed to finish the game with no Alchemy and only a couple of basic spells. Nowhere near as good as Dragon Age or Oblivion, but still very worthwhile! Expand
  26. Apr 24, 2011
    I think this game is brilliant, the game is very long and interesting. The multiplayer has some of the best modes I have ever played. Adventure mode is fun and has replayability, village mode is the best multiplayer mode though, it is a unique experience for the consoles. There is only one problem, that in multiplayer you can only level up on adventure mode.
  27. Mar 29, 2011
    If you can get past the bad intro/tutorial you will find Two Worlds 2 to be an enjoyable RPG. Whilst the story is mostly uninspiring and derivative, the open world game play makes up for it. There are plenty of quests to do and dungeons to explore. Character customisation is very good with the magic system being very deep and worth mastering. The multiplayer co-op campaign is also goodIf you can get past the bad intro/tutorial you will find Two Worlds 2 to be an enjoyable RPG. Whilst the story is mostly uninspiring and derivative, the open world game play makes up for it. There are plenty of quests to do and dungeons to explore. Character customisation is very good with the magic system being very deep and worth mastering. The multiplayer co-op campaign is also good fun. If you are an RPG fan you should take the opportunity to try this game for yourself. In my two playthroughs I encountered no major glitches or bugs. One quest was buggy but a reload sorted that out. Expand
  28. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a pretty good game, with nice graphics,but the story was very cheesy. This will not become a game I'll reccomend! You will find that the game is somewhat hard at the start, but it will become better as the time goes on. Once you run the game, it will not be tempting to do so again. Expand
  29. Mar 25, 2011
    Let me start of by saying I'm not judging this game based on its entire body of work, mainly because I played this game for an hour before I had to stop. While the story may be rich and the environments may be expansive, I just could not get into the game. The graphics were, lets just say less than stellar. I found the gameplay to be stale and boring at times. The character growthLet me start of by saying I'm not judging this game based on its entire body of work, mainly because I played this game for an hour before I had to stop. While the story may be rich and the environments may be expansive, I just could not get into the game. The graphics were, lets just say less than stellar. I found the gameplay to be stale and boring at times. The character growth system was simply too expansive and would drive away everyone but the most devout RPG players. While many people might not find it fair to give this game a 0 based on an hour of gameplay, I find it hard to believe that this game warrants 7.0 rating. Expand
  30. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is extremely fun to me. I love all of the content. There is a huge world to explore, great multiplayer, endless depth in spell creation, minstrel hero (a guitar hero like mini-game), good graphics and the gameplay is decent. This game does have it's flaws and sometimes they are very hard to overlook. But overall this game is very good and definitely a huge step up from theThis game is extremely fun to me. I love all of the content. There is a huge world to explore, great multiplayer, endless depth in spell creation, minstrel hero (a guitar hero like mini-game), good graphics and the gameplay is decent. This game does have it's flaws and sometimes they are very hard to overlook. But overall this game is very good and definitely a huge step up from the first game. Expand
  31. Mar 24, 2011
    Probably the best open world RPG since morrowind, thatâ
  32. Tig
    Mar 19, 2011
    This game starts slow... Tutorial is painful, dialogue and voice acting is weak.but as soon as you get past through all of this nuisance game starts to shine! In fact it becomes so good and addictive that you will consider giving it 10/10. My first thoughts were, ok, this game is shallow, gonna give it 5/10 just for the nice graphics. But another hour passed, went through some awesomeThis game starts slow... Tutorial is painful, dialogue and voice acting is weak.but as soon as you get past through all of this nuisance game starts to shine! In fact it becomes so good and addictive that you will consider giving it 10/10. My first thoughts were, ok, this game is shallow, gonna give it 5/10 just for the nice graphics. But another hour passed, went through some awesome quests, decided that it's worth 7/10 at least. I kept on playing, and oh boy, I have spend 9 hours in it so far and it's 10/10 from me. And to be fair I haven't seen even the 1/3rd of the whole game! I will go even further and say that this is the best open world RPG since TES3: Morrowind. That's right! Play it, invest in it 10 hours at least and you will think the same! Expand
  33. Mar 18, 2011
    This is a tough one to review. I really wanted to like it but sometimes it was fun and sometimes it was boring and repetitious. I love a good RPG and try all of them. This game should have been better with games like Oblivion created years ago as an example of what to do right. Using today's tech I had hoped Two Worlds II would have been incredible. It was lackluster. It's worth trying ifThis is a tough one to review. I really wanted to like it but sometimes it was fun and sometimes it was boring and repetitious. I love a good RPG and try all of them. This game should have been better with games like Oblivion created years ago as an example of what to do right. Using today's tech I had hoped Two Worlds II would have been incredible. It was lackluster. It's worth trying if you can get it for $30.00. Not for $60.00 though. I do hold out hope that the third one(I am sure there will be one) can really do better. Good Gaming! Expand
  34. Mar 16, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is a game with a lot of great potential and ideas, but is handled to roughly it ends up being an uneven playing experience. I like that you can customize your features and the way you play the game but the story is so weak, the (numerous) subquests don't tie-in well to the actual story and the gameplay seems to only work half the time you want it too (unless you're a mage it'sTwo Worlds 2 is a game with a lot of great potential and ideas, but is handled to roughly it ends up being an uneven playing experience. I like that you can customize your features and the way you play the game but the story is so weak, the (numerous) subquests don't tie-in well to the actual story and the gameplay seems to only work half the time you want it too (unless you're a mage it's hard as hell to pull off any of the moves you want). The game gets props for putting so much in one giant world (ala Oblivion) but there wasn't anything holding my attention or interest to keep playing. Good effort, needed more polish. Expand
  35. Mar 12, 2011
    Unexpected good game, could not play a 1st one. There are still a lot of places to grow, but a huge amount of good things already there. Several great side quests, amazing fighting, graphics in general, big world, most of time great story, craft is blowminded. Just try it.
  36. Mar 8, 2011
    Bottom line is that Two Worlds 2 is a lot of fun and I strongly urge RPG fans sitting on the fence about this game to, at the very least, give the game a try. Ignore the user scores of Tens and Zeros because they are being way too simplistic. Once you get past the tutorial, the game offers up a whole new and fun world with lots of room for exploration, combat, questing, and storylines.Bottom line is that Two Worlds 2 is a lot of fun and I strongly urge RPG fans sitting on the fence about this game to, at the very least, give the game a try. Ignore the user scores of Tens and Zeros because they are being way too simplistic. Once you get past the tutorial, the game offers up a whole new and fun world with lots of room for exploration, combat, questing, and storylines. Read on if you want to know more ... I never played the first Two Worlds so I went into Two Worlds 2 with no preconceived bias. What really led me to buying the game was the chance to play a traditional-style sword and sorcery RPG in a co-op setting with friends (which has been an absolute delight). Two Worlds 2 is actually a very pretty game. Once you get past the tutorial, the world of Antaloor opens up to lush environments that we rarely get to see in some of the more copy-and-paste "middle earth" RPGs; lush jungles and dusty deserts fit in along with traditional dungeons, caverns, and vibrant urban environments. There is also a diverse grimoire of monsters and baddies to battle. It may take time getting used to how the character moves and pivots (similar to Red Dead Redemption), but melee combat offers a lot of customization for special attacks based on what weapon you are using. Archers are also able to pull several tricks out of their sleeves that we normally don't see in RPGs (for example, painting multiple targets at once). However, the real stars of the game are the very innovative crafting and magic systems. Almost any item can be broken down to build newer and more powerful items, complete with gemstone power-ups. And magic offers a system of cards that act as spell elements that can be shuffled and stacked into new spell combinations - as part of the same spell! My "fun factor" with Two Worlds 2 is absolutely through the roof, but the game is not without its faults. There are issues with draw times and other graphical glitches (on the 360). The voice work isn't as bad as say Oblivion's same three voice actors, but the timing of the line delivery and some cut scene lip-synching leave a lot to be desired. There is also some canned dialogue that the player must endure over and over again when your character attacks, opens a lock, or casts a spell. And then there is horse riding (sigh). As much as your character may walk, run, and pivot like Red Dead's John Marston, the developers at Top Ware should have paid more attention to Marston's horse-riding skills. Overall though, if you accept this game for what it is as a diamond that needs some polishing, Two Worlds 2 has been very rewarding for me. Expand
  37. Mar 7, 2011
    This game is an abomination. Avoid it at all costs. It's a bland, generic fantasy RPG that barely does anything to stand apart from the plethora of other games that outshine it. Almost every mechanic is broken to the point of frustration, and those that aren't simply slip in to tedium. There is no fun to be had with this title, even if you regard it as a B-movie experience.
  38. Mar 6, 2011
    I've played this game for over 20 hours so far and have found it really enjoyable. It's almost a AAA game but it has some graphical issues and it doesn't feel revolutionary. But it most definitely is evolutionary. I tried playing Oblivion, but it feels old. When it came out it was amazing, not so much anymore. I like the 3rd person view of Two Worlds II better than the first personI've played this game for over 20 hours so far and have found it really enjoyable. It's almost a AAA game but it has some graphical issues and it doesn't feel revolutionary. But it most definitely is evolutionary. I tried playing Oblivion, but it feels old. When it came out it was amazing, not so much anymore. I like the 3rd person view of Two Worlds II better than the first person view of Oblivion. Two Worlds II in game graphics are actually really good I think. Though when the characters talk, it is a bit awkward. It's obvious they didn't have an unlimited budget and unlimited time. The UI doesn't look so good either. I really like how they did magic: you use cards to assemble spells. I wish they used the same or similar mechanic for fighter and archer characters. Lock picking is cool and fun. Alchemy is ok; I wish it was more like the magic cards where you can see what ingredient combinations will do before hitting the done button. Also you have to get passed the beginning which is the part where they teach you the controls and setup the plot. Expand
  39. Feb 27, 2011
    wo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you startwo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you start playing you'll be greeted with some impressive vista's that include detailed grass and tree's that span right into the distance..
    Once you get into some action you notice that your character is not class based unlike a few other RPG's, instead you apply skill points to your abilities such as mage, warrior, assassin, and ranger. Combine this with quick weapon and armour switching, and you'll be able to play as one of three classes at any one time. The weapons and armour selection is via a crafting system where all items are broken down into basic components such as a shield into wood, a helmet into leather and a sword into iron etc.. These components can then be used to upgrade your existing items and make them vastly more powerful. As with most RPG's you'll need to save you're progress often to avoid having to redo things if you get killed, so make sure you set the auto-save time to a fairly frequent time,
    If your character is mainly magic focused then there's another section of the crafting system that deals with spells. This spell system is based on cards that carry attributes. For instance, you may have a fire card, if you were to combine this with a projectile card you'll get a fireball, add in a ricochet card and you'll have a fireball that bounces between enemies. There's a whole range of different modifiers and base types for you to play with and experiment with so that you can create spells to suit your gaming style, added to the card system are modifiers based on elements such as earth, water, fire, air, life and death, these spells go into an amulet, and you can have three amulets active at any one time. If that's not enough customisation for you there's also an alchemy system, that you can top up by taking raw elements from corpses, these include wolf-claw and baboon tongue etc with which you can use to create potions. Youâ
  40. Feb 9, 2011
    II am not a fan boy. I never played Two Worlds one. I read the reviews and avoided it. But I do love a good RPG, and there hasnâ
  41. Feb 9, 2011
    If anyone has played the Sacred series, You'll get the same " uh, I don't know if this is going to be a good game" intro. I stuck with it for 4 hours and am into my 20th hour and can say this game was not just put together for a fast buck. The story (interesting so far) and world are immense and intriguing. I have read a lot of negative reviews about this game (usually from whiny princessIf anyone has played the Sacred series, You'll get the same " uh, I don't know if this is going to be a good game" intro. I stuck with it for 4 hours and am into my 20th hour and can say this game was not just put together for a fast buck. The story (interesting so far) and world are immense and intriguing. I have read a lot of negative reviews about this game (usually from whiny princess gamers) and some positive ones that seem to come from seasoned RPG players that actually love the genre. If you are the latter I suggest you give it a try, it will suck you in and for the best. The complaints are ridiculous. The combat is fine, it takes little skill to manage it. People who complain about this are just too spazzy, I suppose. Graphics are above par for a graphics snob. I can only assume the other complaints are biased on the developer for not meticulously Americanizing and knitting together the millions of voice lines and responses it takes to complete a game of this magnitude. The voices are funny-not too serious and somewhat great in my opinion. The inventory system is my only beef but there's tons of stuff to keep track of, so all is forgiven. :)
    I will not make a book out of defending this game, but it sure is worth the price for the hours I know ill enjoy. It's a wonderful RPG at worst and If you like the genre you'll love it. (I have not encountered one glitch- oh, except for a spider doing a moonwalk on the side of a cliff but hey, that takes talent. ::::)
  42. Feb 7, 2011
    I have played this game for about 20 hours now, and though it had a rocky start, I am HOOKED. I quickly became adjusted to the graphical style and the questionable voice/animation syncing, which i can forgive because of the games European origins. Aside from a few tweaks in the options tab that any intelligent gamer can figure out (safe zone for menus, turn down the sharpness and turn onI have played this game for about 20 hours now, and though it had a rocky start, I am HOOKED. I quickly became adjusted to the graphical style and the questionable voice/animation syncing, which i can forgive because of the games European origins. Aside from a few tweaks in the options tab that any intelligent gamer can figure out (safe zone for menus, turn down the sharpness and turn on the subtitles!), this game begins to shine at about an hour into playtime. The world opens up into a nice mix between Oblivion and Fable; the story begins to make sense and actually presents some interesting twists and the very deep loot and crafting system is fully available to you as soon as you want it, with no skill regrets! This game is definitely for a more mature gamer... not only for the language and situations, but also for the fact that you need some patience to really get into this deep and rewarding game. The crafting system is much better than any Iâ Expand
  43. Feb 3, 2011
    In a word this is a good game. There are some problems with the interface, and some graphical issues on the 360, however, the game looks really good, and the story is very well told, and engrossing. Makes you feel as if you've really landed in a real world. The first part of the game, the first 2 - 3 hours is a bit lame, but once you round the curve, WOW, its really a very good game, and IIn a word this is a good game. There are some problems with the interface, and some graphical issues on the 360, however, the game looks really good, and the story is very well told, and engrossing. Makes you feel as if you've really landed in a real world. The first part of the game, the first 2 - 3 hours is a bit lame, but once you round the curve, WOW, its really a very good game, and I think quite original in that I couldn't tell what was about to happen in a given story. Its not a polished game, but it really delivers on originality in a way that, dare I say, Dragon Age and Oblivion DO NOT. Dragon Age was a great game but every situation and story seemed both derivative and predictable, and Oblivion also gets quite predictable in its myriad of stories. Expand
  44. Feb 2, 2011
    This game gets a zero for failing at one of the most CRUCIAL elements of this game..the combat. Never have I played a game that had such terrible controls like in Two Worlds 2. You would have expected them to nail the gameplay the second time around, but oh no, they broke it even more. The game looked promising enough, I dare say that the graphics were pretty nice this time around.This game gets a zero for failing at one of the most CRUCIAL elements of this game..the combat. Never have I played a game that had such terrible controls like in Two Worlds 2. You would have expected them to nail the gameplay the second time around, but oh no, they broke it even more. The game looked promising enough, I dare say that the graphics were pretty nice this time around. However, the lack of targeting system to have a decent fight in this game craps on anything they may have done right. When I had played, I decided I wanted to play as a Mage/Archer combo. Little did I know how TERRIBLE the combat was. I would be trying to aim at an enemy but would end up targeting the person behind them instead. To make matters worse, the game lacks any sort of dodge to roll out of harms way from arrows, magic, or enemies charging you with melee weapons. I don't understand what would have been so hard about adding in a better targeting system like that of the Assassin's Creed or hell, even one like that in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time for crying out loud! Anyone giving this game a 10 has got to be on drugs..I've played crappy game before and this game is no exception. Expand
  45. Feb 1, 2011
    It won't take down any of the Bethesda juggernauts, but Two Worlds is definitely a solid game. The co-op by itself is worth a purchase(at least a rental). The single player is very good, but ultimately forgotten in all the side quests you'll be doing. I'm a big open world RPG fan and this game delivers. The crafting system, whether it be building up your armor or buffing yourself withIt won't take down any of the Bethesda juggernauts, but Two Worlds is definitely a solid game. The co-op by itself is worth a purchase(at least a rental). The single player is very good, but ultimately forgotten in all the side quests you'll be doing. I'm a big open world RPG fan and this game delivers. The crafting system, whether it be building up your armor or buffing yourself with attribute crystals, is very well done. I haven't played a mage yet but a friend of mine has, and the spells he's created will blow your mind. The spellcrafting is superb. My only complaint is the way they did the horses. A constant tapping, but not too much or you get thrown. If they were going to do that it shouldn't have been mapped to a trigger. Also when you're riding cross country the frame-rate takes a serious dive. The multiplayer versus modes are also broken on account of the devastating attacks the Mage's can craft. In spite of that, the single player and co-op campaign shine. With some decent co-op DLC this game could easily be a 10. Expand
  46. Jan 30, 2011
    Let me start with an honest review. I am going to name the bad things about this game FIRST just to let you know upfront.
    1.voice acting is moderate and not OMG awesome. (can be quite humorous with the jokes and profane language)
    2. Cut scenes arent awesome but acceptable 3.There are parts where the lip syncing for voice acting doesnt match(VERY FEW PARTS) 4. AI is improved and is
    2. Cut scenes arent awesome but acceptable
    4. AI is improved and is similar to oblivion although it needs a little more work
    That all I really have to complain when talking about this game
    Now the good about the game!
    1.The GRAPHICS are AMAZING!!!!!
    2.The MUSIC gets stuck in your head. It matches every environment and situation.
    3.The mini games like locking picking, picking pockets, dice, sailing, and music is awesome
    4.Hand to hand, magic, bow, assassinating, is all very entertaining
    5. Breaking down weapons is an awesome feature
    6. SO MANY MONSTERS TO FIGHT
    7. SO MANY SIDE QUESTS 8.A HUGE OPEN WORLD
    9.Multiplayer is diverse and replay value is through the roof

Anyone who loves RPG's for console needs to play this game. In all honesty it beats fable series, sacred 2, Risen, Gothic 4, Dragon age and fall out new vegas.
    It is neck and neck with oblivion and fallout!
    I would have rated this game a 9/10 but simply because it has multiplayer ontop of a solid single player it deserves a 10 for the FEW flaws it does have. Otop of that I want to offset a persons negative score about the menu items going off screen. Did you know that can fix that yourself by going into the settings.? I noticed it the first time and fixed within the first five minutes of game play. If you ACTUALLY gave it a shot you would have fun with this game!! I have heard the same story about people hating oblivion and I would have to go back and SHOW them how to play the game...now they are oblivion lovers and this will be the same thing for this game.
    I am 23 hours into the game and Still havent gotten to the main island. This game deserves a 9 or 10 score nothing lower.
  47. Jan 30, 2011
    This is a terrible game, buy this at your own peril. I really can't see how this is getting so many positive reviews, all of which claim that the problems of the first game have all been fixed. Well, I never played the first one but if Two Worlds 2 is this bad I'd hate to see the first. The graphics aren't the worst I've seen in a recent RPG, but they lack polish or any visual flare, andThis is a terrible game, buy this at your own peril. I really can't see how this is getting so many positive reviews, all of which claim that the problems of the first game have all been fixed. Well, I never played the first one but if Two Worlds 2 is this bad I'd hate to see the first. The graphics aren't the worst I've seen in a recent RPG, but they lack polish or any visual flare, and they get very blurry during cutscenes. I'm sure the devs thought this would be pretty, but it looks like you've got Vasoline in your eyes. The voice acting is terrible, the lip-syncing, hand gestures, and body language during cutscenes is laughable. The story, at least the part I played through before I returned this, is the overly simplistic tale of Orcs vs. humans, only in this game the Orcs are the goodguys. That's right, the Orcs. This is no spoiler as it states on the box art and in the first five minutes of the game. The menus are cumbersome and filled with too much information. Despite what the professional reviews say to the contrary this is a very complicated game, this could be alleviated with a nice thick manual(I know, they don't make those any more because of the tree-hugging hippies) or a decent in-game tutorial, neither of which were included. I'm usually complaining about RPGs being too streamlined these days so that the casual gamer can understand these games, but here a little bit more would have been nice. You have to craft everything, break down items into basic parts to be reconstructed into useful ones, design talismans, set your weapons and armor to specific to hotkeys(you can have up to three specific setups you can toggle with the d-pad), fuse crystals, construct spell-card combinations, etc., etc., etc. However, the aforementioned menu design and lack of instruction sap what little fun could have been found in this area of the game. Combat is horrible. You have a setup for ranged, melee, and mage which you switch with the d-pad, with each setup setup you can have totally different armor and up to two weapons hotkeyed, as well as two support items. The problem is that you can't use spells with weapons so you are swapping setups frequently which gets very confusing in the heat of battle. The other problem is that different foes will be attacking you at the same time, each one must be handled differently , some require you to merely wail on them with melee weapons, but others require specific spells. You'll be fighting a creature that is vulnerable to fire, then attacked by one that is affected by ice or wind, you have to kill one then go into the magic menu and design another talisman, then enter the battle again. This wouldn't be a problem if you could just specialize in melee, ranged, or magic, you could have three setups for a specific type of combat and switch between each, but this game forces you to be a jack of all trades and master of none, so you have to keep juggling which is not only annoying but deadly because of the sheer number of enemies, and it isn't like you'll find groups of similar creatures sticking together like in most games, at one time I was roaming the Savannah and there were like fifty creatures all in one place, ostriches, rhinos, giant fire ants, and monkeys that fling feces. That's right, poo-flinging monkeys. If you could carry a sword and cast a spell with the other hand like in most other RPGs there would be no problem, but you can't. If you could simply pick a class and master it, this wouldn't be a problem, but you can't. And good luck trying to hit anything anyway, there is no manual targeting system, the game merely attacks the enemy that is closest to you, and since enemies aren't stationary you just flail around like a spas, trying to juggle the appropriate weapon or spell. Also, the game autosaves at really questionable points in the game, like during combat, when you enter a village but not when you leave, when you start a quest but not when you complete it, or before long cutscenes. You'll want to manually save quite often. There are simply too many concepts shoehorned into a game that was clearly too ambitious for the devs to handle, none were implemented properly, and little explanation was made of how these concepts should have worked. And don't think that these are minor issues that can be learned to live with, it isn't worth the hassle. Between boredom, confusion, and tedium you likely won't be playing this very long. There are other superior, less-expensive options out there.â Expand
  48. Jan 30, 2011
    This game could be an Oblivion killer (not quite, but almost). The world map is huge having 2 smaller islands, two medium islands (witch are about the size of Cyrodill in Oblivion) and a large island (mostly empty with forest used as a multi-player map). The graphics are pretty nice (a bit like the ones in Arcania) although the blur out-of-focus effect when you are on a horse or runningThis game could be an Oblivion killer (not quite, but almost). The world map is huge having 2 smaller islands, two medium islands (witch are about the size of Cyrodill in Oblivion) and a large island (mostly empty with forest used as a multi-player map). The graphics are pretty nice (a bit like the ones in Arcania) although the blur out-of-focus effect when you are on a horse or running full speed is overdone and kind of distracting to the point of being annoying. The main mission and side quests are pretty well done, not too repetitive. I don't get the media' s fit about the voice acting, because I think it is quite good. The best thing about a game like Two Worlds 2 (just like Two Worlds and TES:Oblivion) is that it's a true «open world» game where you can go anywhere you can see, unlike Dragon age where it's only smaller distinct areas connected by a map. Of all the xbox 360 rpg that I have (Dragon Age, Arcania: a gothic tale, TES IV:Oblivion, Fable 2, Fable 3, Nier, Two Worlds, Venetica, Divinty II, Kameo, Fallout, Mass Effect and Risen) I strongly believe that Two Worlds 2 is better than all of them, except maybe Oblivion and the Fables (although the big negative for Fable 2 and 3 are that they are way too short). So in short, Two Worlds is better than the first one in all the aspects (graphics, much less buggy, better acting, better animation, map, it feels like a quality game). It still has some issues such as the quest log interface is confusing, but which game is flawless? I would recommend this fun addictive game for any RPG fan. Expand
  49. Jan 28, 2011
    There are hardly any multiplayer RPGs on consoles. Two Worlds II supports 8-player Co-Op & PvP, with several modes to choose from in multiplayer, and of course has an absolutely HUGE single-player map. I did not play the first Two Worlds much at all. I borrowed it from my brother and didn't really like it much. I didn't really know what to expect from Two Worlds II. I had seen someThere are hardly any multiplayer RPGs on consoles. Two Worlds II supports 8-player Co-Op & PvP, with several modes to choose from in multiplayer, and of course has an absolutely HUGE single-player map. I did not play the first Two Worlds much at all. I borrowed it from my brother and didn't really like it much. I didn't really know what to expect from Two Worlds II. I had seen some videos on YouTube of TW II that looked pretty good, so I was willing to take a chance and get it when it came out a few days ago. I'm extremely glad I did. The videos on YouTube don't compare to the real thing at all. This review covers the multiplayer campaign only, I have been too addicted to it to do much in the single-player. No other game has been in my Xbox, and I've barely even watched any TV. I've been spending all my free time leveling up in Co-Op matches. I've already met a great group I quest with, and a good number of us are all near the same level. I spend about half my game time grinding for XP and loot with them, the other half I devote to helping some of my friends level and clear missions who have also just recently bought the game that are lower level than me. My main character is currently a Level 38 Mage, I have an alternate that's a Level 12 Warrior. The level cap in TW II is 37,262; and no, you will never get that much XP. The highest level player I've ever seen was a level 225.

I got to build my own village with It's own economy. I can use my chest in my house there to transfer good warrior gear I find with my mage to my other character, he has a lot of great items waiting to use when he becomes high enough level to equip them. The game plays great, lag is very low on Xbox. It does start to lag a bit more when all sorts of crazy action is happening (a bunch of mages casting the most powerful and flashy spells and summoning up to 11 creatures each being the usual time this happens) , but it is very manageable and is not nearly frequent enough to bother the players much or stop you from wanting to play. Network connections are usually quick and smooth, and all multiplayer lobbies show player's ping (connection speed) right next to their name when they try to join your lobby. The structure of the game for Co-Op is very similar to Borderlands, NOT the gameplay, don't get confused, this is a third-person fantasy RPG. I am referring to the way the game unfolds, in that the multiplayer is not free-roaming, it is split into separate HUGE maps. These are not like the tiny maps in Fable III. You can get lost in them. All multiplayer maps have multiple teleporters which are absolutely necessary due the GIGANTIC size of most of the maps. Two maps that are smaller are underground dungeons, which are still quite large and maze-like, one is a mixture of indoor and outdoor, and then there are four sprawling outdoor maps, each of these complete with one or more towns and several shops. There are currently 7 multiplayer missions, each has multiple objectives and after completing them all you can move to the next map.

This is one of the best online experiences on consoles because it is unique. The co-op mode alone is worth the $60. Just try to name another great online multiplayer RPG on consoles in the last five years. If you say Fable, you're wrong because that's not a true RPG, and it only has 2 players, not eight. Borderlands is a shooter/RPG hybrid, so that doesn't count either. PvP and Village modes are huge bonuses. I give Two Worlds II's multiplayer portion a score of 9.5, which could possibly become a 10 once they sort out a few (very minor) bugs and release the DLC that adds more multiplayer maps that are for high-level characters, with super-hard enemies and better loot. The game controls and interface are perfect to bring PC-style complexity to the console. The button mapping is a bit strange at first (sprint is on L-Trigger), but character control is generally very good, and five buttons are assignable to any skill/spell/item. There are three sets of these hotkeyed buttons, one set is when you have your weapon out, it automatically changes to another set when you put your weapon away, and there's one more when you're in sneak mode. That's 15 abilities/items available at any time, without having to stop and access the menus.

The Single Player campaign would score a bit lower than the Co-Op because the in-game dialogue and cutscenes could have used some improvement. I haven't gotten far enough in to say much about the story, but it seems decent so far. But it's still got a HUGE free-roaming map, and the same awesome skills/magic system.

To put it shortly, GET THE GAME NOW! Trade in some old games if you have to, sell something on eBay, do whatever you have to do, but if you like RPGs and you play online you should be rushing to the store right now, just like I'm about to rush back to my Xbox to go grind in Co-Op.
  50. ALL
    Jan 28, 2011
    When I first started playing my hopes really dropped, until I actually became aware of the sheer size of this game and became used to the controls and graphics (if you have a nice TV you will want to turn the sharpness down). You start off on a small island, and then are transferred to a much bigger one. About 8 hours in it was necessary to warp back to the original island. I alwaysWhen I first started playing my hopes really dropped, until I actually became aware of the sheer size of this game and became used to the controls and graphics (if you have a nice TV you will want to turn the sharpness down). You start off on a small island, and then are transferred to a much bigger one. About 8 hours in it was necessary to warp back to the original island. I always assumed that these were the only two islands in the game, with the second being PLENTY big enough to keep me busy for a good 20+ hours. There is actually another continent that is 3 to 4 times the size of the second island! I did not think that I'd be still playing this in another 4 months, but I think it's about to prove me wrong. I thought Oblivion was a great game, and I liked Dragon Age as well, but there's definitely something that holds this game up with them. I have to admit, when I read the reviews and started playing without really getting into the game, I thought the reviewers were taking crazy pills. But, keep an open mind and you will see what they (and all of us) see. Expand
  51. Jan 26, 2011
    First and foremost, do not judge Two Worlds II by its predecessor. This is an awesome RPG. It's got its technical issues, but the crafting system and the ability to make your own spells outshines any of its faults. The voice acting is laughably bad, but I actually like it. It's funny in a way only a European RPG can be. In addition to the single player campaign, there's an 8 player co-opFirst and foremost, do not judge Two Worlds II by its predecessor. This is an awesome RPG. It's got its technical issues, but the crafting system and the ability to make your own spells outshines any of its faults. The voice acting is laughably bad, but I actually like it. It's funny in a way only a European RPG can be. In addition to the single player campaign, there's an 8 player co-op mode that lots of fun, and even some PVP content. One thing to do before playing, however, is install the game to your hard drive; you'll see a big improvement in performance. Expand
  52. Jan 26, 2011
    Though not very well polished, Two Worlds 2 is an excellent game. If you want something beautiful to look at and have to have the perfectly sculpted game play and story your gonna have to wait almost a year for the big games to come out. This game offers you all the great parts of a hack and slash RPG. Slow at first within an hour you will not be able to put the controller down.
  53. Jan 26, 2011
    I too thought the first game was a sad sad game. Im talking 50% at best.
    Two Worlds 2 however is really good. 85% (Im rounding up to a 9/10 for this grading scale)
    Learning curve is there, and it takes some getting use too, dialog is off (but it was originally German game right?) In the end I am very happy with it. I am glad I bought it. Map is huge, and I can see myself playing
    I too thought the first game was a sad sad game. Im talking 50% at best.

In the end I am very happy with it. I am glad I bought it. Map is huge, and I can see myself playing this game for the next year.
  54. Jan 25, 2011
    I bought this expecting it to be a tide over until Skyrim, but it is more than that. The spell making and crafting systems are brilliantly executed, lending depth to the normal sword and spell hoarding. while the voice acting is horrible, they make the most of it with lots of tongue in cheek humor and when your main character sounds like batman from the dark knight, it gets really funnyI bought this expecting it to be a tide over until Skyrim, but it is more than that. The spell making and crafting systems are brilliantly executed, lending depth to the normal sword and spell hoarding. while the voice acting is horrible, they make the most of it with lots of tongue in cheek humor and when your main character sounds like batman from the dark knight, it gets really funny sometimes. The combat is good, and brutal allowing for combinations of different classes of warrior. It also helps that the graphics look great too. Overall it is a holdover until Skyrim, but it does such a good job doing so its hard not to enjoy it. Expand
  55. Jan 25, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that this is NOT going to be game of the year, it is not graphically perfect, it is not easy to pick up and play, and it requires a very open mind... If you can get passed all of those things, then this is a very fun, very deep game that will keep you wanting more.

All jokes aside, Two Worlds was an AWFUL game, for every ONE thing it got right, it did FIVE things wrong, Two Worlds II seems to have reversed that formula, and there is definitely more right than wrong here.

With about 2 hours into the game, I am having a blast, and still getting used to certain things, but so far... I am enjoying it immensely. Definitely don't write this game off if you are a fan of games like Oblivion, Diablo, Sacred II, Etc.

Things I love: Crafting system, character customization, combat, environments, voice acting
    Things I hate: The fact the tutorial lasted so long, and that the menus are not very fluid or intuitive at first
    VERY IMPORTANT INFO: Install this game to your hard drive before you play, I did not and I had bad graphics lag and the audio would cut out completely here and there, after I installed it to my 360 hard drive, I ran into NONE of those problems again.
  56. Jan 25, 2011
    I am not a Two Worlds fan boy. I thought the first game was a disaster. WIth that said, this game is phenomenal, it seems TopWare took their heads out of their german asses and actually got to work. The games cutscenes, graphical detail, character, armorments, and crafting mechanics are simply amazing. On a wierd note, the games lockpicking sequences are the best I've ever seen in anyI am not a Two Worlds fan boy. I thought the first game was a disaster. WIth that said, this game is phenomenal, it seems TopWare took their heads out of their german asses and actually got to work. The games cutscenes, graphical detail, character, armorments, and crafting mechanics are simply amazing. On a wierd note, the games lockpicking sequences are the best I've ever seen in any game. Please buy it, even if you thought the first one was trash like I did; you will enjoy this game I promise. Expand
  57. Jan 25, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Don't let the reputation of the previous game, nor the niggling bugs that permeate the title scare you away. Once those are scratched away a pleasant open action RPG awaits.
  2. Jun 17, 2011
    As a whole Two Worlds II is a definite step up from Two Worlds in almost every regard, and it especially shines through with its in-depth and thought out quest lines. Two Worlds II isn't however a match to the bigger western RPGs out there, e.g. The Elder Scrolls series. This is let down by the overly convoluting interface and control system that makes the gameplay feel like a generation behind.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Is the game perfect? No, not by a long shot, but after a few hours of learning how to do everything like creating my own spells and chaining my combat moves together, I really started to have fun with it.