6.8

1. FredBlankenburg
    Jun 10, 2009
    Above average movie game. Players must work together to solve repetetive puzzles and pick up coins and power ups throughout colorful fixed camera locations. Mid-level sequences have you sliding down various waterfalls collecting coins, or flying on ropes collecting powerups- old school video game fun. In solo play you must manually press the LB button to switch between characters whichAbove average movie game. Players must work together to solve repetetive puzzles and pick up coins and power ups throughout colorful fixed camera locations. Mid-level sequences have you sliding down various waterfalls collecting coins, or flying on ropes collecting powerups- old school video game fun. In solo play you must manually press the LB button to switch between characters which can be cumbersome. In addition, the game doesn't really follow the story well, so you might want to see the movie first. The flying mini game is probably the best part where you can dog fight with up to 4 players splitscreen. No online here to be found, but that is pretty much par for the course for a kids game. Expand
  2. ScottMiles
    Jun 16, 2009
    Played it with my 5-year old, and we enjoyed what was there, but it's far too short. We finished the main adventure in just a couple of sessions. Also, the flying missions that bracket the game (and provide the so-called multiplayer) are completely ad hoc relative to the rest of the gameplay.

1. UP is a good example of a movie tie-in game offering just the right amount of entertainment to keep the movie alive. Sure, there might be some bumps on the road but the overall experience still offers some fun moments.
  2. If you enjoyed the movie, I'd say the game is worth checking out, but beware that it can really aggravate you at certain points. I'm not sure I'd suggest buying it right off the bat; I would definitely go with a rental first.
  3. The charm of the film's characters isn't enough to save this simple, tedious platformer.