2.9

1. WillB.
    Aug 7, 2007
    Very much an aquired taste, if you do not like frequent death and sparse, b grade environments beware. This is a game only the Japanese could create, they have made the nightwalkers very hard to take down, and very fast, hence if one sees you you have 0 chance unless you have a shotgun. Personally i loved this harsh design sensebility as it makes it one of the first games to feature nigh Very much an aquired taste, if you do not like frequent death and sparse, b grade environments beware. This is a game only the Japanese could create, they have made the nightwalkers very hard to take down, and very fast, hence if one sees you you have 0 chance unless you have a shotgun. Personally i loved this harsh design sensebility as it makes it one of the first games to feature nigh on unkillable foes, meaning you have to get everything right to progress (however checkpoints are plentiful). Much better than Bullet witch Artoon's other 360 offering. Online is very well balanced but there are few users...if you see it cheap take a chance. Expand
  2. BrianF.
    Jul 13, 2007
    This game will appeal to those who enjoyed Thief: Deadly Shadows and the 1st Splinter Cell on the original xbox. It is about stealth and not running and gunning. Multiplayer is a pleasant surprise because you have the option to become a "Nightwalker' during play. This makes you faster, jump higher and makes killing humans during LIVE a lot easier. Yes, it does play like Splinter Cell This game will appeal to those who enjoyed Thief: Deadly Shadows and the 1st Splinter Cell on the original xbox. It is about stealth and not running and gunning. Multiplayer is a pleasant surprise because you have the option to become a "Nightwalker' during play. This makes you faster, jump higher and makes killing humans during LIVE a lot easier. Yes, it does play like Splinter Cell but that helps the player grasp the controls better for a non-steep learning curve. If you perfer "ghosting" through levels as opposed to shooting guards, then this game is for you. About a little bit before half way through, you will find weapons that can kill vampires with one or two shots (shotgun, sniper rifle, UV knife). Not for those who have little patience because there is a bit of trial & error involved here, as well as a linear gameplay a la 1st SC. But if stealth is your thing, then this game will satisfy you. Expand
  3. Dec 24, 2013
    A monumental failure in modern gaming Vampire Rain can be easily summed up with one word.

Unplayable.

I would rather grab a friend and instruct him to start hammering nails into my skull, than put myself through another second of this garbled, rushed, messy, broken, horrible pile of pig feces.
  4. Apr 14, 2011
    wow I guess people just do not know how to play games anymore, that is why this got a bad score. It isn't the best game and it definatly has its flaws but it's not as bad as what people make it out to be.
  5. EliE.
    Apr 7, 2008
    This game is a good game, it's just most people don't know how to play it, if you like games such as Splinter Cell and other type stealth games, you will love this game for sure. Because almost anyone who played this game and said it sucked, probably just ran around like an idiot with there gun out and tried to kill the vampires.
  6. May 1, 2012
    Boring, repetitive, and it goes on and on forever. It sucks.
  7. JamesM.
    Jul 25, 2007
    This game blows, it's some kind of horrible Spliter-Cell/Syphon Filter type game (but worse...) with vampires thrown in, in order to try to sell a few copies to those people that enjoy the occult and vampire related games.
  8. KimC.
    Jul 4, 2007
    Cheap graphix...boring sneaknig...horrible level design.and AI.This is the worst sneak game ever.
  9. Ryencoke
    Jul 4, 2007
    This game is worse than Bomberman, and nobody thought it would be possible to beat. This game surely does it, what a waste of money.
  10. Apr 16, 2011
    I bought this game for $7 in the used game bin at best buy. Played it all the way through and it is a freaking awful mess of a game. Poor selection of weapons, constrictingly linear gameplay, terrible voice acting, painfully nonsensical Japanese storyline.

I notice that there seems to be a minority who believe that simply because they beat the game and it was ridiculously difficult that that somehow makes it a good game and everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about. To them I say you are morons. There is a difference between a game that is hard by design and a game that is hard because it is poorly developed. Ninja Gaiden Black is hard. The Devil May Cry series is hard. Both of those titles are also fun to play. Vampire Rain is hard because it is a ham fisted clone of splinter cell and metal gear solid. It is hard because the Japanese think that if you bring a **** to a gun fight and actually prevail that it some how makes you a bad ass and not just insane. If you played this game through completely and genuinely liked it, people shouldn't champion you for being good at video games. They should pity you for not being able to tell a good game from garbage.
  11. Aug 21, 2012
    if the was level beyond 0 i would rate it this game was far beyond worst game ever i could not even get past level 1 because it beyond **** i would sneak past AI vampire but still i get seen and attack.

but using weapon to defend myself beyond **** worst game ever bought this game i still own it now collecting dust now i should sell it the no way i am playing this game anymore
  12. JohnDoe
    Feb 14, 2008
    I'm ok with a pistol no hurting vampires. Except maybe when its called ANTI-NIGHTWALKER gear in the description.Then it's just stupid.I'm ok with though enemies,I like that concept.Except maybe when by tough,they mean something that can't be killed with anything other than a shotgun (which really isnt that much better at pumping lead than an assault rifle) and rush you I'm ok with a pistol no hurting vampires. Except maybe when its called ANTI-NIGHTWALKER gear in the description.Then it's just stupid.I'm ok with though enemies,I like that concept.Except maybe when by tough,they mean something that can't be killed with anything other than a shotgun (which really isnt that much better at pumping lead than an assault rifle) and rush you in 2 seconds,no matter where you are and how far,then take half your health with 1 hit,throwing you down where you can't do anything about the 2nd,deadly one.The guy kicks like he was retarded or something.You can't expect to hurt anything with a kick from soccer-fu.And a pass,at that. Finally,graphics arent that good,rain pours into the NPC's eyes (which are totally useless,your character always says hes going alone,almost)and it's a crappy mix between MGS/SC/RE. With epic failure galore.Alas,unless you have a shotty,its a platformer. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2013
    Just. Kill. Me.

This game is like the abdomination of horror--in the bad way.
    it is horrible. I'll rather play Aliens: Colonial Marines. And we are sure that my review explains it.
  14. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is not as horrible as everyone is making it out to be. With several flaws and difficult zombies to face, this game is focused on stealth, and stealth alone. It is quite different from your average zombie game and succeeds in bringing something relatively new to the gaming world. However, the graphics are poor, the game is very difficult, and it requires a great deal of patience.
  15. May 9, 2014
    It is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. They just do not know how to have some fun with this game. The pros of this game include a eerie environment and soundtrack, difficult enemy's, long campaign, trails, tutorials, multiplayer and a lot of cut scenes. The cons include no pre-mission weapon selection, bad voice acting, sub-par graphics, wacky story, bad ending and nearly allIt is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. They just do not know how to have some fun with this game. The pros of this game include a eerie environment and soundtrack, difficult enemy's, long campaign, trails, tutorials, multiplayer and a lot of cut scenes. The cons include no pre-mission weapon selection, bad voice acting, sub-par graphics, wacky story, bad ending and nearly all achievements are multiplayer only...

The game itself is fun. Splinter Cell combined with Vampires is awesome. The enemy's are not as difficult as what people say either. For the most part you are not supposed to openly engage nightwalkers in the open, but instead sneak around them. Once you get the sniper, shotgun and uv knife you can easily kill entire groups of enemy's. Even if you do not have those weapons, you can still kill nightwalkers with the submachine gun or assault rifle just by being large distances away from the enemy's. Now, the story is fairly stupid, but fits the game well and I quite enjoyed the plot twits near the end. There are a lot of cut scenes in this game. Maybe a bit too much at times, nonetheless I enjoyed watching them. The environment is awesome. An empty city filled with vampires and rain is cool. There are even some missions with entirely different locations which help diversify the game. Later in the game a new enemy appears which blew my mind, as I did not expect them at all. The game has massive replay value, with you being scored on certain missions and being able to find medals and unlock trials and tutorials. There is a multiplayer mode, but I did not try it as there are no people playing it... The multiplayer seemed okay, but the part I hate about this game the most is that nearly all the achievements are multiplayer only! For completing the entire campaign I only got fifty Gamerscore. That is extremely stupid.

In conclusion it is a decent game which is fun to play for two days.
  16. Apr 29, 2014
    Vampire Rain sucks. That's all there is to it. Like the Earth spins, the sky is blue and dogs hump. Vampire Rain is a piece of **** One of the worst games I've ever played.
  17. Jun 7, 2014
    Right, I've honestly had enough of those ''Critics'' saying the games a damn ''Shooter'', well I'm here to tell you something, Vampire Rain was a Next-gen stealth Vampire game back in 2007, the game starts the story very slow and you begin as a character who had survived the attack back a few years in the game, now I'm obviously making you think I'm a fanboy of this game, well, you mightRight, I've honestly had enough of those ''Critics'' saying the games a damn ''Shooter'', well I'm here to tell you something, Vampire Rain was a Next-gen stealth Vampire game back in 2007, the game starts the story very slow and you begin as a character who had survived the attack back a few years in the game, now I'm obviously making you think I'm a fanboy of this game, well, you might actually be right, when this game was released back in 2007, I was too scared to buy the game and play it as I was too young and it would've ended up giving me nightmares, guess what, without playing it, it did later on, this game was meant to be a good seller and a Next-gen, but it slightly failed, yes, the Graphics were ruff but they weren't that bad, the game resembles ''Splinter-Cell'' very much and I see no problem, so does the suit the character wears ''In'' the game, but that's alright, now, the voice acting isn't perfect and it isn't exactly good, but it gets the job done and at least deserves a clap for them giving it a try, the game was meant to be challenging but obviously dumb asses they're, they're viewing the wrong-side of this game, the games brilliant un-like they say, Vampires aren't over-powered, but they're slightly meant to be, you can kill Vampires just not Up-close. Expand
  18. Oct 16, 2016
    Absolutely awful stealth game...............................................................................................................enough said.

1. Hardcore Gamer
    The stealth BK game "Sneak King" is actually more of an entertaining game than Vampire Rain is. [Sept 2007, p.70]
    Vampire Rain is simply a sloppy, masochistic mess that wastes an otherwise solid concept and functional form.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Virtually nothing works as it should, and what does owes an enormous debt to a few evergreen classics. Disappointing. [Issue 23, p.79]