Velvet Assassin Xbox 360

7.0

1. MichalK
    May 4, 2009
    Really nice game but it's only nice... Don't expect that anything will bring you above avarage of WWII games.
  2. peterb
    May 2, 2009
    Not to bad at all if stealth games are your thing, after all its been too long since a hitman or a splinter cell fed my addiction for sneaking up on unsuspecting foes in video games. This does have some flaws but not too many to make it a bad game. The gameplay does nothing wrong although it could be somewhat more imaginative, its quite unforgiving and I like it for that. Checkpoints Not to bad at all if stealth games are your thing, after all its been too long since a hitman or a splinter cell fed my addiction for sneaking up on unsuspecting foes in video games. This does have some flaws but not too many to make it a bad game. The gameplay does nothing wrong although it could be somewhat more imaginative, its quite unforgiving and I like it for that. Checkpoints sometimes feel a bit far apart but it just makes you hone sections of the game perfectly, reviews should take note , thats been done on purpose. graphics are nothing amazing but do their job well, I found it on the whole to be a rewarding game, some will say that the story makes little sense, but to me video game stories are secondry to the playability and timing of takedowns in this game is key to enjoyment, it will tide you over nicley until splinter cell conviction or the next hitman arrives. Expand

An ambitious experiment from beginning to end, this innovative wartime stealth effort just can't seem to rise above the commonplace level of mediocrity found in a sea of cookie-cutter World War II titles.
    Assassin features flawed stealth action elements that can ruin the gameplay when they go awry, and only point out the hit-or-miss nature of the mechanics when they work well.
  3. Velvet Assassin is very much an enjoyable game, it might not have the high production values of some of its peers, but in general offers a tense, thrilling, and engaging gameplay experience throughout.