Virtua Tennis 4 Xbox 360

6.2

1. Feb 28, 2014
    I sincerely hope that whoever decided that fancy animations should have priority over responsive controls never works in the game industry again. The number of times I have lost matches because the game felt the need to play a fancy windup is far too large, and that's not counting the times the game waits a full second before even registering a button press, if it bothers to register it atI sincerely hope that whoever decided that fancy animations should have priority over responsive controls never works in the game industry again. The number of times I have lost matches because the game felt the need to play a fancy windup is far too large, and that's not counting the times the game waits a full second before even registering a button press, if it bothers to register it at all. Even attempting the special move performed by filling your meter simply does nothing more than half the time. Even ignoring the fact that World Tour is based solely on your luck with the RNG, this game is basically unplayable because every time you try to do anything you have to cross your fingers and hope the game is going to bother to register it. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    stupid game,career mode is teribble,players don't look good.top spin game is a lot better.
    gameplay is teribble,the 4 grandslams don't look so good as in top spin
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    Virtua Tennis 4 is the worst tennis game around. The career mode is terrible. It plays like a board game, requires luck rather than skill, and can only be played once, before you lose all of your progress and start again from scratch. The tennis itself is poor also. No sports game can be taken seriously if it has power-ups.
    On the plus-side, it doesn't look completely terrible. But the
    On the plus-side, it doesn't look completely terrible. But the other flaws cancel that our massively. This is abysmal.
  4. May 11, 2011
    This is why people that actually play the sports of these games should only do the reviewing. Top Spin 4 may be a better game experience, but it feels nothing like the tennis I played in college and futures. It's forced and nobody moves like that on a tennis court. Mini games aside virtua tennis 4 just feels far more like real tennis, and in the end, that's what it's all about in my book. Shrug.
  5. May 10, 2011
    Good family entertainment, pick up and play, no huge amounts of skill required, the kinect feature is a joke and the only real way to play is with the controller...disappointing as my kids wanted it for the kinect feature.
    online is a bit hit and miss, can be very laggy and unresponsive in comparison to arcade/exhibition/sp mode, overall though it's fun to play which is the most important thing, ohh and it looks nice graphically.
  6. May 10, 2011
    It's a massive improvement over VT3, but not a patch on the latest Top Spin 3. The "career" mode feels tacked on at the last minute, however it is really easy to pick up and play, but does get devilishly harder on you as you progress.
  7. May 10, 2011

1. Jul 14, 2011
    At the end of the day, Virtua Tennis 4 is a game that trades largely on its lineage-but given that this game, like VT2009, continues to muck up a really good formula, it's hard to imagine gamers continuing to be forgiving of Sega's recurring missteps.
  2. Jun 22, 2011
    For what it's worth, however, this is a fantastic game by every stretch of the imagination. Those who have waited 4 years for another installment will not be disappointed.
  3. Jun 15, 2011
    Given such a large gap between Virtua Tennis 3 and this entry, you would hope that we'd see considerable improvements and a nearly flawless experience. Instead, we have yet another mediocre sports game with a bit of squandered potential.