8.0

1. Sep 11, 2011
    I really laughed a lot after hearing that ViVa Pinata was getting a game adaptation .So yeah, I underestimated a game because of it's goofy concept. It turns out the game was quite addicting, everything to the charming graphics, cute animals and endearing world it's an instant victory for VP. Fun and addicting, nothing more defines this game .
  2. Jan 26, 2012
    Viva Pinata is possibly the best, if not one of the best, life simulation games of all times. Conjuring up cuteness that The Sims could never handle, the graphics and animations are fluid and vibrant, and the mating dance is always a spectacle. The controls are simple and easy to use, but hard to master. Combine that with some helpful tips and a range of pinatas to bring into your garden,Viva Pinata is possibly the best, if not one of the best, life simulation games of all times. Conjuring up cuteness that The Sims could never handle, the graphics and animations are fluid and vibrant, and the mating dance is always a spectacle. The controls are simple and easy to use, but hard to master. Combine that with some helpful tips and a range of pinatas to bring into your garden, and you end up with a gem of a video game. If you're sick of all the shooters and hack-n-slash games, and you feel the need for some relaxing, full of depth gameplay, purchase this video game. Expand
  3. Oct 12, 2011
    A surprisingly fantastic game. Lot's of fun, truly a great, hidden gem. I went in expecting nothing, I came out with a relaxing game full of depth. Great to play between intense games to reset your brain, just saying. :P
  4. Atomheart
    Nov 12, 2006
    A great game for kids and adults to play together. Needs minor improvements but a beautiful visual and engaging time. Here's hoping the franchise grows.
  5. Matt
    Nov 20, 2006
    This game is a peaceful, relaxing experience without all of the hardcore violence of most games. The way this game has been marketed really turned me off to the concept, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this is one of the most unique games I've played this year. It won't interest everyone but it's a game that's for everyone, for once.
  6. RedXIII
    Dec 30, 2006
    Fun, a very nice welcome from the other ultra-violent titles out now. The graphics are nice, gameplay is simple and easy to pick up, I applaud the effort to make something truly unique and different. A very fun game if you are looking for something entirely different then any other game out there. On the down side some of the camera angles are a little annoying (you cant zoom out that Fun, a very nice welcome from the other ultra-violent titles out now. The graphics are nice, gameplay is simple and easy to pick up, I applaud the effort to make something truly unique and different. A very fun game if you are looking for something entirely different then any other game out there. On the down side some of the camera angles are a little annoying (you cant zoom out that far), which makes it hard to find what your looking for sometimes. Expand
  7. JimbobTehPirateOfAllTingzKule
    Aug 4, 2007
    OMG This game is the greatest. Seriously, it is amazing. So much replay value...so many things to do...it really is a game no 360 owner should be without. The achievements are good, the sound is sublime and the graphics..woah. Check amazon 4 some amazing prices guys! I've also found pinataisland.info which is a site dedicated to VP (A very good site, as well) which has RARE employees OMG This game is the greatest. Seriously, it is amazing. So much replay value...so many things to do...it really is a game no 360 owner should be without. The achievements are good, the sound is sublime and the graphics..woah. Check amazon 4 some amazing prices guys! I've also found pinataisland.info which is a site dedicated to VP (A very good site, as well) which has RARE employees on it regularly. Expand
  8. TimA.
    Sep 27, 2007
    This game is unique and cute. The things to do around the garden can get boring at times but the experience is very rewarding in the end.
  9. Ryencoke
    Jan 21, 2008
    Without a doubt one of my favorite Xbox 360 games.
    Nov 12, 2006
    I got it for my kids... And have hardly stopped playing since friday night. No other 360 game has ever done that to me.
  11. DavidH.
    Dec 18, 2006
    The game is not perfect, but it is absolutely brilliant, Rare's best since the original Perfect Dark. The characterisation of the Pinatas, the control scheme, the voice acting, the animation, the learning curve... it's all top-notch. This deserves to sell by the truckload. The only faults are an occassionally cumbersome interface, and play area that can grow too small too The game is not perfect, but it is absolutely brilliant, Rare's best since the original Perfect Dark. The characterisation of the Pinatas, the control scheme, the voice acting, the animation, the learning curve... it's all top-notch. This deserves to sell by the truckload. The only faults are an occassionally cumbersome interface, and play area that can grow too small too quickly (presumably so younger players don't get too swamped). Overall: buy it! Expand
  12. MattF.
    Dec 11, 2007
    An addictive masterpiece. Well worth the money. If you buy this game, no matter what kind of sex, age or gamer you are, you will not be dissapointed.
  13. JohnH.
    Jan 4, 2007
    Good as Viva Pinata is, there is room for improvement. Until one reaches Level 30 or so, the game can be very frustrating -- especially because intuition alone would never solve some of the problems and challenges that need to be faced. But once a player has accumulated lots of chocolate coins and has secured his or her garden from potential enemies, Viva Pinata is an amusing game of Good as Viva Pinata is, there is room for improvement. Until one reaches Level 30 or so, the game can be very frustrating -- especially because intuition alone would never solve some of the problems and challenges that need to be faced. But once a player has accumulated lots of chocolate coins and has secured his or her garden from potential enemies, Viva Pinata is an amusing game of animal husbandry... breed, breed, breed and win points. The characters are imaginative and amusing... the "romance dances" are a delight... the game provides more sheer ppleasure than just about anything released this year on any platform. Expand
  14. MikeC.
    Mar 3, 2007
    It is to complicated and difficult to be considered a "Childs game", go ahead, try to get 50/59 achievements, you will see how serious this game can become. It is all great fun though, the great thing about the game is, it always gives you something to do. It might seem overwhelming at first, but if you give it time, it'll reward you with one of the better games of its year.
  15. NickG.
    May 28, 2007
    I had my doubts about this game, but it's totally deep and worth trying. I found myself playing for hours without realizing it. A very well done game.
  16. Nyteowl
    Nov 11, 2006
    Not a bad title at all, it's pretty much like playing the sims. The visuals are excellent and the mechanics are easy to follow and use. The piñatas don
  17. LucyR.
    Nov 12, 2006
    This is an amazing game. The Pinatas are just so colorful and fit in with the environment. I personally like this game and give it a 9/10.
  18. CrandelE.
    Nov 14, 2006
    I Think the game is overall a sim type game. Its kinda like the sims, but on the xbox360. Overall the game seems very amusing.
  19. RichardG.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Absolutely briliant! Compelling, unique gameplay, gorgeous stylised graphics!
  20. GuangmianK.
    Nov 18, 2006
    Viva Pinata is one of the most visually effective games that I have ever seen. There aren't really much mapping and stuff, but it simply looks beautiful, its like watching a pre-rendered cartoon yourself. This is the kind of utilisation of system compabilities that developers should be aiming for, effective and simply. The controls could use some tweaking though and the need to go Viva Pinata is one of the most visually effective games that I have ever seen. There aren't really much mapping and stuff, but it simply looks beautiful, its like watching a pre-rendered cartoon yourself. This is the kind of utilisation of system compabilities that developers should be aiming for, effective and simply. The controls could use some tweaking though and the need to go through a short loading screen to read your encyclopedia or buy some seeds is really quite irritating. The concept of the game is really excellent, and for what it is trying to accomplish, is already doing a very good job. Come up with a sequel! Improve the controls and get rid of loading screens and I bet gaming sites will be giving it 9.5-10s! Expand
  21. TeraldB.
    Dec 12, 2006
    Beautiful and brutal, exhausting and exhilirating. Cute, sweet, sour. The deepest gameplay this side of Oblivion. Perfect.
  22. Andyman
    Dec 2, 2006
    The mark of a truly great game is its ability to make you enjoy a genre you normally wouldn't go near. Viva Pinata has a completely addicting combination of laid-back gameplay and beyond bizarre visual elements. It's a very original game, and one that keeps you coming back just to see what wackiness awaits. Minus 1 point for a slightly clunky control scheme, otherwise it's perfect.
  23. Jonathan
    Jan 11, 2007
    I was joking about how dumb this game looked and joked about her getting it, but my sister took it seriously, and I laughed my a** off when she brought it home but when i started playing it, I realized that it wasnt that bad, and it is kinda cute. Anyone who likes animals, stuffed animals, and stuff like "the sims" has to play this game.
  24. SeanD.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Great game. But at times too many things are going on at once. Which some may say is a good thing.
  25. WilliamJ.
    Mar 27, 2007
    It's a cute and cuddley, and i found the horse sexy.
  26. KaylaB.
    Jun 22, 2007
    Its genius! and so unique! Thats a good game!!
  27. Aug 14, 2010
    This game is genius. You'dx think it would be bad, but it's really not. It's fun, rewarding, and can be challenging. Don't be fooled. This is a brilliant game and i reccomend it.
  28. Jun 29, 2011
    I didn't think I would like this game, as I never really thought I could get into life simulator games, but this proved to be a highly enjoyable and addictive experience, it's all very charming, it's easy to learn, and has a lot of reasons to come back, from multiple pinatas to collect, and many challenges to complete, and it's also a blast to just decorate your garden, and it's always funI didn't think I would like this game, as I never really thought I could get into life simulator games, but this proved to be a highly enjoyable and addictive experience, it's all very charming, it's easy to learn, and has a lot of reasons to come back, from multiple pinatas to collect, and many challenges to complete, and it's also a blast to just decorate your garden, and it's always fun to find out new ways to lure pinatas into living in your garden, it's not to grownup for kids, and not to childish for adults, it's a game that any gamer can enjoy, provided they can put down the ultra violent games, and respect this for it's more peaceful nature, my only complaints are that there are moments where you will have nothing to do while waiting for a certain pinata or challenge to show up or waiting on plants to grow so you can have enough coins to buy the items you need, and it would have been nice to be able to move you buildings and other items around after you placed them, and sometimes without warning my pinatas just disappeared, once I saved my game came back and one of my pinatas was gone, and another time right in the middle of the romance mini-game my pinata instantly disappeared, and my other pinata was just frozen in my garden, but even with those flaws I found myself still coming back and having an enjoyable time, an enjoyable game no matter what your age group. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2012
    It's so addictive I can hardly believe it .While hardly my usual type of game I struggled to put the controller down every time I played it.Amazing...
  30. Mar 11, 2012
    This an excellent game for both young kids and adults. Fun, colourful and relaxing but with depth and challenge if you want it. Made by 'Rare', a British developer with real heritage. They know how to make good games.
  31. Jan 18, 2013
    First thing is first the show was made to hype the game just like with Pokemon. Now the game is fun once you figure out how to turn a profit and bring in the big Pinatas, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't time consuming. From Chewnicorns to Buzzlegums this game is full of strategy and problem solving that will make you rethink what the target audience should have been.

The game is

The game is beautiful and the characters are fun. The trademark Rare Humor is here slipping in jokes only the older players will get. I'd say get the sequel but that may be harder to find.
  32. Dec 12, 2012
    While it isn't the best game in the world it is very entertaining and very different from most games out there. The light hearted atmosphere and the colorful visuals make this game a pleasure to play and relax to. While it may be aimed a ta younger audience, adults shouldn't shy away as it will be far more enjoyable than you might want to admit. Overall: It feels like you're playing aWhile it isn't the best game in the world it is very entertaining and very different from most games out there. The light hearted atmosphere and the colorful visuals make this game a pleasure to play and relax to. While it may be aimed a ta younger audience, adults shouldn't shy away as it will be far more enjoyable than you might want to admit. Overall: It feels like you're playing a Saturday morning cartoon,, and regardless of your age you will enjoy it. Expand
  33. Jul 1, 2014
    ''Viva Pinata'' I remember the first time that I listen about this game, the idea sounds crazy, but no really atractive to me (because I'm not a big fanatic of this kind of games), but when I saw the game, I was surprised! The graphics are so spectacular, all these colors, the characters, the music, the story, WOW, all looked amazing, and when I take the control, the fun started, the''Viva Pinata'' I remember the first time that I listen about this game, the idea sounds crazy, but no really atractive to me (because I'm not a big fanatic of this kind of games), but when I saw the game, I was surprised! The graphics are so spectacular, all these colors, the characters, the music, the story, WOW, all looked amazing, and when I take the control, the fun started, the gameplay it's really simple, and that means that anyone can easily understand the game, and join to the fun. And when you start to collect all these cool pinatas the game becomes addictive!
    Definitely, ''Viva Pinata'' it's one of the most interesting games on the Xbox 360 catalog.

1. A terminally cute game, so while almost guaranteed to suck the kiddies in, it's a tough sell for the trigger-happy Halo crowd. It's also fairly short if your goal is getting every pinata in the game to become a resident in your garden.
    The characters are endearing and the abounding sense of discovery can't be denied.
  3. The most interesting thing about Viva Pinata is the fact that it's actually better suited for adults than it is for children. Managing your resources (er, your pinatas) can be a lot of work, and I'm actually finding the game to be more challenging than many real-time strategy games.