6.9

1. Jul 17, 2011
    As a Warhammer fanatic, I really want to like this game. Unfortunately, despite its good qualities, such as graphics and atmosphere, there are things that I just cannot get over. First of all, the camera in this game is one of the worst I have seen. Half the time you don't even see what you are firing at, and that can be really frustrating! Moreover, a game like this is built for online,As a Warhammer fanatic, I really want to like this game. Unfortunately, despite its good qualities, such as graphics and atmosphere, there are things that I just cannot get over. First of all, the camera in this game is one of the worst I have seen. Half the time you don't even see what you are firing at, and that can be really frustrating! Moreover, a game like this is built for online, four player co-op; yet, Kill Team only has two player local. That is a shame...

Don't get me wrong, it is by no means a bad game, it just could have been so much better with a little extra work and time.
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    Me and my friends where drinking and we decided to buy a game off xbla. The game seems fun at start but gets really boring fast, and it's really short two around 1.5h and there is close to no replay value...
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    If you're a 40k fan this is sort of a must buy, because you've been wanting a game like this for a long time. It's a twin stick shooter where you control two marines killing hundreds and hundreds of orks. It's simple, awesome fun. Add in the fact that there's local co-op, unlockable upgrades for your character, and 4 different character classes to chose from (Librarian, Techmarine, AssaultIf you're a 40k fan this is sort of a must buy, because you've been wanting a game like this for a long time. It's a twin stick shooter where you control two marines killing hundreds and hundreds of orks. It's simple, awesome fun. Add in the fact that there's local co-op, unlockable upgrades for your character, and 4 different character classes to chose from (Librarian, Techmarine, Assault Marine and Devastator) and you've got just enough going on here to make this simple game amusing the entire way though. Even if you're not a 40k fan this is some pretty solid co-op fun, especially for ten bucks. Expand
  4. Jul 16, 2011
    Excellent fun for WH40k fans. I have not yet beat the game but I have played through most of the missions with each of the marine types. 3 survival modes and 1 level of co-op. My biggest gripe so far is that the game has frozen on me twice. Had that not happened my score would be an 8. Co-op is very fun and simulates the feel of the table top game more than any other 40k games out there.Excellent fun for WH40k fans. I have not yet beat the game but I have played through most of the missions with each of the marine types. 3 survival modes and 1 level of co-op. My biggest gripe so far is that the game has frozen on me twice. Had that not happened my score would be an 8. Co-op is very fun and simulates the feel of the table top game more than any other 40k games out there. The use of perks and power ups can really makes for specially customized character. I was ecstatic when a certain alien species makes an appearance. The gameplay is also more varied than I anticipated. As other reviews have said... A must buy for 40k fans.
    Pros
    - graphics
    - each marine type is very well balanced
    - varied gameplay for a twin stick shooter
    - enemy variety
    - combo of powerups and special abilities makes you feel like a B.A
    - extras "codex" are a nice touch
    - challenging gameplay but not "cheap feeling"

Cons
    - not enough weapon varieties - freezing bugs
    - more bosses would have been nice
    - occasional lag between checkpoints
    - online co-op strangely absent
  5. Jul 20, 2011
    There seems to be a lot of different opinions about the game, but ultimately the one thing I have to say about Kill Team is that's it's just plain fun. The game looks awesome, and mowing down hordes or orks is very satisfying. There a small degree of character enhancement but it's really shallow and you'll unlock every fast. Good news is that it takes longer to try everything than it doesThere seems to be a lot of different opinions about the game, but ultimately the one thing I have to say about Kill Team is that's it's just plain fun. The game looks awesome, and mowing down hordes or orks is very satisfying. There a small degree of character enhancement but it's really shallow and you'll unlock every fast. Good news is that it takes longer to try everything than it does to unlock it. There's 4 classes and for the most part they're pretty unique, after I beat the campaign (which only took me about 4 hours) I went back and beat it again using different characters. There's a survival mode which is surprisingly linear, I time within about the same ten seconds every time I play one. There's 5 maps for survival but the layout doesn't change anything. Also for the Warhammer fans you'll be able to pick from 6 chapters but the 6 you have to choose from almost seem random. I have no idea why they feature the white scars but not the space wolves. I would have rated this game higher because I really enjoyed it, but this game has one MASSIVE problem that I haven't seen anyone mention and that's the lack on online support. You can ONLY play co-op locally, so I haven't even had a chance to try it because I don't have another person to play with in the same house, even though I have other friends online who own it. This game could be really fun in co-op but without live support there's not much you can do with it. Even then you can only co op with a total of 2 people despite there being 4 classes. You can't control the camera which I didn't really notice much until the points where the camera basically zooms into the floor and you can't see anything, and there's leaderboards but honestly, leaderboards don't mean anything when all the top scores are hacked. Kill Team get's a screen score from me because I had fun and feel like I got my money's worth, it only costs $10. But it gets the lowest green score I can give it because of how pissed I am that they took out live support; they don't tell you that before you buy it.

This game was released by Relic as a promo for Space Marine and that's why you unlock an in-game item for buying it, but if Space Marine turns out to be a short singleplayer with no live support like this game then I'm going to have some major problems
  6. Jul 15, 2011
    Really solid twin-stick shooter with a refreshingly simple approach of 'kill everything in sight'. Weapons feel meaty and sound chunky, presentation is top-notch for the price. Decent variety thanks to the four marine types and choice of perks; you'll finish it quickly but go back for the achievements. Great in co-op too.
  7. Jul 14, 2011
    Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team in a nutshell is a mixture between torchlight and alien swarm. it is a great game if you like those kinds of games. it is a blast to play with a friend and it is most definitely worth the eight dollars. if i had to pick between this game and Fear 3 i would pick this game. it is a bit bugging (mostly just graphics, never screwed up gameplay), the camera can be aWarhammer 40,000: Kill Team in a nutshell is a mixture between torchlight and alien swarm. it is a great game if you like those kinds of games. it is a blast to play with a friend and it is most definitely worth the eight dollars. if i had to pick between this game and Fear 3 i would pick this game. it is a bit bugging (mostly just graphics, never screwed up gameplay), the camera can be a bit annoying but itâ Expand
  8. Jul 17, 2011
    Great arcade-y fun for a measly 800 points, but harder than I would have liked -- at this writing I'm stuck on the encounter with the giant Tyranid. Even though you're going to die a lot playing this game, and it only supports two players, it's great to see the 40K universe get some developer love after the long darkness since "Fire Warrior", and hopefully this will inspire more people toGreat arcade-y fun for a measly 800 points, but harder than I would have liked -- at this writing I'm stuck on the encounter with the giant Tyranid. Even though you're going to die a lot playing this game, and it only supports two players, it's great to see the 40K universe get some developer love after the long darkness since "Fire Warrior", and hopefully this will inspire more people to pick up the forthcoming "Space Marine". More, please! Expand
  9. Aug 3, 2011
    i wasnt really expecting too much from this game but what a suprise i got. if you like arcade games you will really enjoy this one. the graphics are good the game play is not glitchy and the action is awesome.i have not tried the coop yet but cannot wait. it is definatly a 9 or 10
  10. Dec 19, 2011
    There are many issues I have with this game, short length, no online, unbalanced difficulty, too much glitches, and repetitive environments are just some of the many issues. I currently am in the last level and it's impossible to finish because of the crappy difficulty and one glitch that doesn't let me move through all the screen. However, there is fun mindless ork-slaying gameplay behindThere are many issues I have with this game, short length, no online, unbalanced difficulty, too much glitches, and repetitive environments are just some of the many issues. I currently am in the last level and it's impossible to finish because of the crappy difficulty and one glitch that doesn't let me move through all the screen. However, there is fun mindless ork-slaying gameplay behind all this problems and that is what saves this game from being bad, the survival challenges are also great and i found the classes to be just rightly balanced. You must think twice before buying this game even though it has a cheap price and fun gameplay, just get ready to get bored fast or suffer from a lot of glitches. Expand

1. Jan 10, 2012
    Gameplay-wise Kill Team is as simple as they come, but there's something mysteriously addictive and enjoyable in slaughtering thousands of space orks and having a few beers on the side. The different characters and combinations offer even some replayability value. [Jan 2012]
  2. Oct 17, 2011
    Most twin stick shooters are good fun for a while, and this is no exception. Cutting down orks with constant streams of bullets is definitely entertaining, especially with a friend. It provides terribly little variation though, and you won't be sad when it's over.
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    My biggest complaints with Kill Team are the length – it's needs to be about twice as long, and the local-only co-op mode that doesn't allowed the second player to log in with their gamer profile. This means that only the primary player earns achievements. Despite these two glaring flaws, Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team is a total blast for as long as it lasts, and one of the best co-op experiences I've had on XBLA ever.