Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team Xbox 360

6.9

1. Jul 14, 2011
    If you're a 40k fan this is sort of a must buy, because you've been wanting a game like this for a long time. It's a twin stick shooter where you control two marines killing hundreds and hundreds of orks. It's simple, awesome fun. Add in the fact that there's local co-op, unlockable upgrades for your character, and 4 different character classes to chose from (Librarian, Techmarine, AssaultIf you're a 40k fan this is sort of a must buy, because you've been wanting a game like this for a long time. It's a twin stick shooter where you control two marines killing hundreds and hundreds of orks. It's simple, awesome fun. Add in the fact that there's local co-op, unlockable upgrades for your character, and 4 different character classes to chose from (Librarian, Techmarine, Assault Marine and Devastator) and you've got just enough going on here to make this simple game amusing the entire way though. Even if you're not a 40k fan this is some pretty solid co-op fun, especially for ten bucks. Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2011
    Really solid twin-stick shooter with a refreshingly simple approach of 'kill everything in sight'. Weapons feel meaty and sound chunky, presentation is top-notch for the price. Decent variety thanks to the four marine types and choice of perks; you'll finish it quickly but go back for the achievements. Great in co-op too.
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team in a nutshell is a mixture between torchlight and alien swarm. it is a great game if you like those kinds of games. it is a blast to play with a friend and it is most definitely worth the eight dollars. if i had to pick between this game and Fear 3 i would pick this game. it is a bit bugging (mostly just graphics, never screwed up gameplay), the camera can be aWarhammer 40,000: Kill Team in a nutshell is a mixture between torchlight and alien swarm. it is a great game if you like those kinds of games. it is a blast to play with a friend and it is most definitely worth the eight dollars. if i had to pick between this game and Fear 3 i would pick this game. it is a bit bugging (mostly just graphics, never screwed up gameplay), the camera can be a bit annoying but itâ Expand
  4. Aug 3, 2011
    i wasnt really expecting too much from this game but what a suprise i got. if you like arcade games you will really enjoy this one. the graphics are good the game play is not glitchy and the action is awesome.i have not tried the coop yet but cannot wait. it is definatly a 9 or 10
  5. Jan 4, 2015
    I like the game, the local coop feature for War40k fans is just awesome. I just miss online coop, It could've worked as in Space Marine - Exterminatus.. Also the customization is kind of poor. It's like a Space Marine's small brother. Like it! And worth it
  6. Jul 20, 2011
    There seems to be a lot of different opinions about the game, but ultimately the one thing I have to say about Kill Team is that's it's just plain fun. The game looks awesome, and mowing down hordes or orks is very satisfying. There a small degree of character enhancement but it's really shallow and you'll unlock every fast. Good news is that it takes longer to try everything than it doesThere seems to be a lot of different opinions about the game, but ultimately the one thing I have to say about Kill Team is that's it's just plain fun. The game looks awesome, and mowing down hordes or orks is very satisfying. There a small degree of character enhancement but it's really shallow and you'll unlock every fast. Good news is that it takes longer to try everything than it does to unlock it. There's 4 classes and for the most part they're pretty unique, after I beat the campaign (which only took me about 4 hours) I went back and beat it again using different characters. There's a survival mode which is surprisingly linear, I time within about the same ten seconds every time I play one. There's 5 maps for survival but the layout doesn't change anything. Also for the Warhammer fans you'll be able to pick from 6 chapters but the 6 you have to choose from almost seem random. I have no idea why they feature the white scars but not the space wolves. I would have rated this game higher because I really enjoyed it, but this game has one MASSIVE problem that I haven't seen anyone mention and that's the lack on online support. You can ONLY play co-op locally, so I haven't even had a chance to try it because I don't have another person to play with in the same house, even though I have other friends online who own it. This game could be really fun in co-op but without live support there's not much you can do with it. Even then you can only co op with a total of 2 people despite there being 4 classes. You can't control the camera which I didn't really notice much until the points where the camera basically zooms into the floor and you can't see anything, and there's leaderboards but honestly, leaderboards don't mean anything when all the top scores are hacked. Kill Team get's a screen score from me because I had fun and feel like I got my money's worth, it only costs $10. But it gets the lowest green score I can give it because of how pissed I am that they took out live support; they don't tell you that before you buy it.

This game was released by Relic as a promo for Space Marine and that's why you unlock an in-game item for buying it, but if Space Marine turns out to be a short singleplayer with no live support like this game then I'm going to have some major problems

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 10, 2012
    Gameplay-wise Kill Team is as simple as they come, but there's something mysteriously addictive and enjoyable in slaughtering thousands of space orks and having a few beers on the side. The different characters and combinations offer even some replayability value. [Jan 2012]
  2. Oct 17, 2011
    Most twin stick shooters are good fun for a while, and this is no exception. Cutting down orks with constant streams of bullets is definitely entertaining, especially with a friend. It provides terribly little variation though, and you won't be sad when it's over.
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    My biggest complaints with Kill Team are the length – it's needs to be about twice as long, and the local-only co-op mode that doesn't allowed the second player to log in with their gamer profile. This means that only the primary player earns achievements. Despite these two glaring flaws, Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team is a total blast for as long as it lasts, and one of the best co-op experiences I've had on XBLA ever.