7.9

1. Apr 7, 2012
    I should start by saying that if you're a fan of any Warriors game to date then chances are you will love this. And if you've played a Warriors game before and felt unimpressed, I would advise that this isn't for you.

That said, Warriors Orochi 3 is the best at what it is. Not having played Samurai Warriors or any recent Dynasty Warrior games, I found the new character (added since WO2) initially confusing in their roles & relationships but quickly grew to like them. The new move sets have been used and although I miss some of their old weapons & actions, what they've been replaced with is still great!

Due to the long and costly process of dubbing over 120 characters, all speech is in Japanese. While most people enjoy this authenticity I wasn't so keen. It's not bad by any means but I've grown to like the terrible voice acting over the years and when you're in the middle of a fight it's not easy reading all the text that's being thrown at you.

In terms of content WO3 beats any Warriors game, ever! After a whole night of battling my way through hordes of demons, I'd only just scratched the surface of unlockables and leveling up!

Although there's still plenty of room for improvement, this has been the best game in the series I've ever played and as I said to begin with, if you're a fan, you're gonna love this.

1. May 14, 2012
    The story of Warriors Orochi 3 is confusing. But fans of JRPG's are getting a huge game with some entertaining story turns. The gameplay mechanics offer a deep action experience.
    Essentially Dynasty Warriors 7 with more stuff. [Issue#84, p.89]
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    While undoubtedly nectar of the gods for series fans, the incremental tweaks and polishes to the game's mechanics that a decade of sequels grants make it by far the most rewarding and investible Musou game to date for all-comers.