4.9

1. May 27, 2014
    For a game that's been in development for more than 5 years, Watch Dogs is an unacceptable end result.

There are a plethora of problems with Watch Dogs. Let me list a few:

On the 360, the game looks like GTA: Vice City.

It doesn't feature coast guards.

Major physics problems/bugs.

Too much like GTA.

Looks nothing like the E3 2012 demo.
  2. May 27, 2014
    This game is a lackluster and such a big disappointment. Supposedly Ubisoft delayed the game to further polish it but none of that happened. The game is still buggy, graphics is not next-gen (nothing like infamous), and the characters are crap. Just youtube "watch dog bugs" or "watch dog vs gta iv" you'll see what I mean. This isn't next gen worthy game.
  3. May 27, 2014
    Just a bland GTA. Too much hype for nothing. You´ll get bored in an hour. Just rent it and you´ll forget this game. Ghost town ...................................
  4. May 31, 2014
    So much for next gen graphics. This is no better than GTA4 and that was out 6 years ago.
    The driving is bad the people walking the streets walk like robots.
    This game is basically a revamped assassin's creed ..the city has no soul . every mission feels so linear.
    I bought this game because of the hype from E3 and its such a let down
  5. Jun 5, 2014
    Short, bad controls and it takes the "serious" parts of itself far to seriously. It has the same feeling as MGS: Ground Zeroes; basically that it is the prologue to a second game.
    Still fun though even if it isn't worth full price.

Ubisoft shock their keys in front of our faces and hoped we'd be entertained. They failed for the most part.
  6. Jun 9, 2014
    Let me just preface by saying that I enjoyed playing this game, despite the poor driving mechanics, popping, and overall massive downgrade in graphics. The story was decent and it was a mildly entertaining game. I am giving it a zero because i am extremely pissed off at Ubisoft right now for making people wait so long for a game that doesn't work! I, like many others, have been affected by the loading bug. My game worked fine for a while and I managed to get to about 88% complete before I got that damn loading bug. I think Ubisoft really dropped the ball on this one! I will NEVER purchase another Ubisoft title. I am not a huge gamer so that will not be too difficult for me to accomplish. My friends however are big gamers and I have told them about my problem and they too will not be purchasing anymore Ubisoft titles, they've had, I've had, and I am sure many more people are done with them. F**k you Ubisoft for making us wait so long for a game that doesn't work! Congrats, you guys are probably laughing away rolling in your money; 4 million copies sold - of a game that doesn't even work! Good job, you sure pulled one over on us! Expand
  7. May 29, 2014
    Very disappointed. The graphics seem choppy and degraded. The feel is like that of an arcade game as seen when driving vehicles that appear to have very little damage when plowed into other elements around you. Wishful thinking on my part for assuming this game would be something next gen. Far from it.
  8. Jun 5, 2014
    Total hype para aficionados. Un juego con muy buenas intenciones pero que se queda en la más absoluta mediocridad. Gráficos que parecen sacados de PS2, físicas hiper-falsas, dificultad mal ajustada.... demasiadas cosas negativas para un juego con 5 años de desarrollo. Da la impresión de que le hacen falta otros 5 años de trabajo. En fín, una auténtica pena, sobre todo para los que se hayan gastado 60 pavos en esto. Expand
  9. Jun 10, 2014
    Wow this game is a joke ... I cant believe how **** bad this game is ... ugly and boring ... like it s not even a high end game ... it seems to be something like one of those sidegames that you expect to be **** ... wow I couldnt stand it for more then 10 minutes ...
  10. Jun 29, 2014
    This has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number of scripted actions. Driving is a joke (think an old PS2 arcade game), the story is idiotic and the mission selection is extremely limited. And as bad as it looks on next-gen systems, it looks even worse on the PS3/Xbox 360. Extremely disappointed and this game will tank at retail very soon. Buy GTA V!!! Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    WHen I first heard the initial impressions of this game, it reminded me of the gentle derision the first Assassin's creed got. A technical mess with tons of potential, that is how I approached this game. I was wrong, its far worse than that. Forget the terrible driving, the awkward running and gunning, the terrible voice acting or the super cliched tropes, all that is forgivable. What is unforgivable is that the game is dull. Playing it feels like a job. If one of your friends has it, take a gander, but the first thirty minutes are jus liek the rest of the game. No passion, no tension, no fun all compounded by some terrible control options and collision detection. Expand
  12. Jul 5, 2014
    The main problem about this game is the same as with far cry 3: after 10 minutes you will have done everything you will do for the whole game, it just will repeat itself. If the "hacking" would be something like flappy bird, it would be more entertaining than this. I wonder if ubisoft only adresses 6 year olds, because it seems like this game was designed for 6 year olds. The score of 2 is only because of the artwork, but gameplay is absolutely zero.

Even the music is terrible, the whole game just tries to be another really bad clone of gta.

I cannot believe, the someone worked on this for 5 years? And it was supposed to comeout last year?
  13. Jul 25, 2014
    This is not GTA with hacks. Not Assassin's creed with technology. This is game is sad. This game takes itself too serious, it's a complete joke. Aiden is an ass. The graphics are complete **** You can compare them to games in 2012. So many bugs. The physics are atrocious. They're like cartoon cars. The hacking is a gimmick. It tries so hard to compete and be like GTA V, and be better than AC4 but fails at both.
    The online is so restricted.
    The storyline is mediocre, and so as the parkour.
    The only thing good was the shooting.
    Ubisoft fooled us again

Watch _Dogs is just another game that failed to live up to the hype. You'll play it for an hour get bored of it. Then you will let collect dust or return it.
  14. Sep 5, 2014
    A very disappointing offering from usually Stellar Ubisoft.

The graphics were quite sub par, especially when Rockstar showed what could be accomplished in GTAV. At times I was wondering if I was looking at polygonal textures on a PS1 when I saw some trees and buildings. The sound design was good and their were a few good musical tracks but the majority were dull. The cycling through
    each one to find a song you liked was painful and time consuming. All these things could have been forgiven with decent gameplay and alot of variety in missions. However, the gameplay left rough and buggy and missions had you doing the same hack-shoot-escape dynamic that really took away from the fun.

Watchdogs has a great deal of potential to be something great, but much of it is lost in the glaring flaws of the game. Comparing this to GTAV is overdone, but its only because Rockstar had polished their world to a level of masterful perfection while Watchdogs feels like a pre-alpha test run.

A disappointing 4 out of 10
  15. Sep 15, 2014
    This isn't a really bad game, it’s a really lame game.

Let’s forget about all those promises they made and didn't make good one, we have been through it before and with the crooked way they market games recently we are going to see it more and more. I don't know why, they act like what does it matter; you morons will buy the games we tell you to anyway.

Here are some reasons why the
    game sucks but feel free to add your own because I have to admit that after all the games I've played and past (over 110k gamer score and only a few are 100%) I wasn't able to bring myself to pass this one but then I borrowed it so I wasn't driven to get my moneys worth.

- The main character really sucks, maybe the worst ever. We have gone from super soldiers, space marines and GTA characters to a douche with his phone out all the time.

- The plot is dumb, the douchbag steals money from some guys then he gets what was coming to him but his niece ends up dying.

-The stupid sonic screwdriver like phone is cool in theory but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid.

- The driving controls are terrible, its as if they had no business making a driving game.

- "Hacking" is not Magic

-The skill tree system feels like a forced way to deal out abilities and slow the game down.

- I know I said the main character was terrible before but it really deserves more than one point. He steals money, his niece dies so he then kills hundreds to security guards and people on the street…

Their map of Chicago is poorly done, there are a few areas close to the real thing but the majority of it is stupid.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Jun 16, 2014
    In the end Watch Dogs has plenty going for it, without quite living up to the hype. But, Aiden Pearce is a great character, and a very nice design, and the story has an engaging cyber-noir vibe going for it. Just keep your eyes down and your smartphone charged.
  2. Jun 12, 2014
    Watch Dogs does do some new things and does them very well. With few exceptions it’s a polished and fun game and well-worth a look.