Watch Dogs Xbox 360

5.0

1. May 30, 2014
    Game about hacking.... hmm I would expect more then just a pushing a button to hack. I remember that even old System Shock 2 had a better form of a hacking game. Of course such hacking mini game is not suitable for raising bridges or switching lights at the crossroads. But that could be solved by something else too.
  2. Jun 1, 2014
    I never bought into the hype for this game, so I can't say that I'm terribly disappointed with how it came out. That said, I really feel for the people who were looking forward to it, because it's pretty mediocre in just about every way. It's definitely not a bad game, but it's not a great one, either. It's passable.
    The hacking mechanics are very refreshing and fun to play with at first,
    The hacking mechanics are very refreshing and fun to play with at first, but they soon become boring (much like the rest of the game). For such an innovative concept, everything is truly derivative, from the game's repetitive mission structure to its lackluster narrative. To be honest, I hadn't the slightest idea what was happening in the story until its final act - the world is never really flushed out. We're introduced to the Blume Corporation, the hacker group Dedsec, the ctOS system... But none of these players are ever adequately developed. That leaves the world feeling very hollow, and its a hard one to get invested in. There will inevitably be comparisons to the GTA series, but I feel this game is more similar to Ubisoft's original Assassin's Creed title. Great concept, well-executed mechanics, but ultimately a game with a lot of flaws. Hopefully Ubisoft can do more with the sequel (we all know one's coming). Heck, look how Assassin's Creed II came out. Fingers crossed.
  3. May 31, 2014
    Watch_Dogs is a game that was hyped to death in 2013 and was released to a resounding choir of angels (if you believe the people who are drowning in hype). I remained healthily pessimistic because games like this have disappointed my before. What I mean by “games like this” is games that promise a lot but give only a fraction of what they offered. The biggest promise made by the marketingWatch_Dogs is a game that was hyped to death in 2013 and was released to a resounding choir of angels (if you believe the people who are drowning in hype). I remained healthily pessimistic because games like this have disappointed my before. What I mean by “games like this” is games that promise a lot but give only a fraction of what they offered. The biggest promise made by the marketing of Watch_Dogs was that it would change the way we all played video games, but it didn’t. Truthfully this game consists of the same formula in a lot of other games. A) Get in a car. B) Drive to objective location. C) Fight or sneak (sometimes forced to sneak) your way to objective. D) Celebrate a job well done. E) Get bored, cause mayhem. From what I saw from my several hours of play, Watch_Dogs looked like GTA with a gimmick. The only hack I really used during play was to hack people for money and this leads me to my next problem. The game makes it a bit too easy to obtain money. I was, at one point, less than half way through the game with hundreds of thousands of dollars in my pocket and all the five star guns and the best cars. It never feels like you are desperate for supplies and money because it is given to you on a silver platter if you walk around for long enough. The mini games in your phone are truthfully the best part of the game. They are what I spent the majority of my time in. I wouldn’t have spent so much time there though if the main story was actually engaging. I made it to half way through the game and most of the time I had no idea what was happening in the story because I just couldn’t care. You can tell how much I cared and was affected by this story because I don’t even remember the main protagonist’s name. I had to google it (Aiden Pearce). Even the random events get old very fast and after the first two or three times doing the same thing you stop doing them all together because they pop up so frequently and they don’t give a good enough reward to continue to waste your time on them. The controls on the Xbox 360 version of Watch_Dogs are a bit strange. They are fine once you get used to them but they are kind of awkward when they are first introduced. One of the real problems with Watch_Dogs is that the driving controls are too floaty. Whenever I would try to adjust myself in the lane I’m driving in it feels like I’m about to spin out and I wreck into another car, a lamp post, a divider, a pedestrian, etc. Now I’m not going to say I’m the best driver when it comes to video games, actually I’m really bad, but when half of the collisions aren’t my fault we have a problem. Now I’m not the first person to raise this point on the internet and the answer to the statement was “Well cars control like that in real life.” I answer the answer with this. I don’t want the game to be like real life. I want it to be fun. If I wanted real life I would go outside. Another problem with the driving is that you can’t shoot a gun. This normally wouldn’t be a problem except for the fact that several missions in the game require to take down a car and then the person inside it. This is a challenge because for some reason you can’t really push their car, but they can push yours. Then when you start chasing them they call in backup so you now have to deal with the objective car and his buddies that CAN shoot you. The hacking, which was the major selling point of the game, falls a bit flat to me. Most of the time I never used hacking to escape the police or other enemies. When I was driving to run away from my adversaries I only saw a few chances and even then they only stopped a few cars and never the full legion. The other hacking instances are interesting the first time you do them, but after the sixth time they seem repetitive and not interesting. Now on to the loading times. The loading times on the 360 can be up to two minutes long and were never shorter than thirty seconds. This was after I was forced to install my game to the hard drive. Installing to the hard drive is supposed to speed up loading times. If this is the case I would hate to see how long it would take to load if you weren’t forced to install it. Now I can’t speak about the multiplayer because I am not a Microsoft gold member anymore so I will spare this, but something I will not spare is the graphics. I may have played the 360 version of Watch_Dogs but I have seen the PS4 version and all I can say is that GTA V for the 360 looked the same if not better in the graphics department. PS4 and Xbox ONE versions look like good PS3 and 360 versions and the 360 and PS3 versions look worse. This is safe for a game that was raised to be the “messiah” for games. That is all I have to say about Watch_Dogs. Don’t get me wrong though. I still had fun. It is still a fun game. That’s the only reason I’m not giving this game a 4/10, and remember that this was a work of opinion and opinions change from person to person. Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2015
    Bad story, bad car controls, lame music, and boring side quest. The game kind of looks nice, but not really. The game play is good, the stealth is good, hacking can be cool, and has interesting characters. But I cant recommend this game for everyone.
  5. Feb 8, 2015
    Honestly you would think ubisoft could come up with some fresh ideas. The whole interface is pretty much a copy and paste job from Far Cry and/or Assassins Creed. Does climbing radio towers and syncing with your environment sound familiar at all? Although its not a bad formula per se, you would think that a little variation could be worked in.

How about, as an example, coming up with a

How about, as an example, coming up with a character you could actually care about to play as. Here's a crazy idea ubisoft, how about a customisable character that you can relate to rather than the bland beardy loser we are stuck with here.

This isn't helped by the environment being unconvincing and lacking any real detail. The game suffers from some pretty terrible driving mechanics with cars that have no brakes, a tendency to spin out even at low speeds and collisions that are a bit like being on a bouncy castle. And oh, my, god, the vehicle sounds - did they sample a selection of lawnmowers?

However, for all its flaws, it is vaguely entertaining for a long weekend. There are the beginnings of a decent idea here so lets hope ubisoft hire some designers with a little imagination by the time the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth sequels come along.
  6. Jul 22, 2014
    I did not like this game ubisoft told too much and the game is not cool for many people this game would be a new grand theft auto but this game is really bad and they changed the release date november>>>>>may expecting a 95 score but sorry it is really far this game to a 95 score and the game is boring and monotonous you have to do the same things many times the graphics are really greatI did not like this game ubisoft told too much and the game is not cool for many people this game would be a new grand theft auto but this game is really bad and they changed the release date november>>>>>may expecting a 95 score but sorry it is really far this game to a 95 score and the game is boring and monotonous you have to do the same things many times the graphics are really great but when u are deiving it looks like a ps1 game Expand
  7. May 27, 2014
    Watch Dogs is a Great Game even for the xbox 360,its absolutely worth buying.

The games as some very good graphics,even for a xbox 360,its incredible how they managed to put a game like that to works fine on a Old Gen console,
  8. Jun 8, 2014
    I honestly feel like people complain way too much about the graphics in this game. Graphics do not make a game, the experience you have with the game is the real factor. People seem to be focusing way too much on realistic graphics, and that worries me because that will make for a generation that will only care about graphics and nothing more. But enough of my rambling. What did Watch DogsI honestly feel like people complain way too much about the graphics in this game. Graphics do not make a game, the experience you have with the game is the real factor. People seem to be focusing way too much on realistic graphics, and that worries me because that will make for a generation that will only care about graphics and nothing more. But enough of my rambling. What did Watch Dogs do well? For one, I felt as though it had very addictive gameplay. Which was odd, considering some of the side missions you do in the game get boring very fast (I found myself avoiding fixer contracts for the longest time) and they could've added a little bit more variety. The other things you could do, however, were very fun. I found myself doing the dosing mini games a lot, trying to get high scores on each. This reminded me a lot of Saints Row and it was a nice change of pace from the main storyline. Driving takes a bit getting used to, and it does feel like you can't control it sometimes. It's strange, because it is one of those games I find myself loving and hating at the same time. Much like how I was with Deadly Premonition. This has been described as a love it or hate it game, but I'm a bit on the fence. There are certain parts I like, and there are certain parts I hate. All in all, I enjoyed it, despite its repetitive nature at points. Expand
  9. Jun 23, 2014
    After a long time...finally WD comes out and hmmmmm it does not impress that much!!! at least in xbox360 or ps3...
    1- story lacks a bit , mostly as a prequel to the WD 2
    2- graphics is the main problem which was downgraded to below the standards 3- chigago is big and vast but the graphic issue makes it vague 4 - gameplay nor thrills nor disappoints ...driving is mediocre too ...action
    1- story lacks a bit , mostly as a prequel to the WD 2
    2- graphics is the main problem which was downgraded to below the standards
    3- chigago is big and vast but the graphic issue makes it vague
    4 - gameplay nor thrills nor disappoints ...driving is mediocre too ...action and gunfights was better
    5 - production values like voice and SFX was good but it is very quiet..my TVs volume was in 30 when i want to hear it properly
    Overally 6-7 is the most fair grade
    try lot better next time ubisoft and dont make games for an old console that u cant maintain ur promises
  10. Jul 3, 2014
    I don't and at the same time do understand why this game is over-hyped or over-shunned, this game is -lets accept it- not a 9 or 10 out of 10, but if we calm down a little bit, we will also get that this game is not a 0/10 oh oh oh oh gentleman i have seen and played much much worse games (coughcoughridetohellcough).

But i also do get the reason why you are crazy as hell, and you should

But i also do get the reason why you are crazy as hell, and you should be. This is definitely not the game we were promised to play, the graphics are not even close to what we saw in the E3 2012 demo, u play is **** and finally driving just sucks. I agree you, The driving really just suuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkks, i am not pleased with the u play requirement but i can't complement about the graphics since i played it on 360.

But these mistakes does not make a game the worst **** ever made, trust me some other titles deserve that award (Mindjack anyone?).

Now most people compare this to GTA 5, i do not. Just because it is an open world doesn't mean that it's a GTA copy it is just inspired by it. The hacking is successfully done with only a few annoying puzzles.The online modes are simply great (But not the u play!!!!!!!!!!). But one of my major issues are with Aiden (The main character), he is just not interesting, you can't just bond with him. Actually i bet he is not in a single persons top 20 protagonists list, even though you know his tragedy he is an **** in fact they repeat that single tragedy so much (not gonna spoil it here) that you lose your connection with it and Aiden.

So as you see it's not a 10/10 nor a 0/10, it is in the middle.
  11. Jul 9, 2014
    Things seems rosier as long as you are walking on your feet. However, the moment you step into a vehicle you will realize how shallow everything about this game is! low draw distances, terrible textures, disastrous handling, etc. are so hard to ignore specially if you have played GTA V.
  12. Jul 11, 2014
    this game is great if you ignore the graphic hype like i did than this game is amazing i love it. where the overwhelming amount of enemies and difficulty at times can get frustrating its still a great game, i would recommend it to anyone who asked about it.
  13. Jul 23, 2014
    The HYPE gave big expectation which wasn't met.
    The story is a bit boring, but still a very nice game with new concepts & gameplay technics.
    I ENJOYED IT!! :D
  14. Aug 20, 2014
    The gameplay has a lot of potential, and it is quite fun, but lacks in some areas. For example, before combat you can manipulate objects, cameras and such to help you hide or eliminate some enemies, but it is very hard to figure out which is helpful, which does what, and most of the times you'll end up screwing up. The guns also need some fine-tuning, plus the enemies can spot you veryThe gameplay has a lot of potential, and it is quite fun, but lacks in some areas. For example, before combat you can manipulate objects, cameras and such to help you hide or eliminate some enemies, but it is very hard to figure out which is helpful, which does what, and most of the times you'll end up screwing up. The guns also need some fine-tuning, plus the enemies can spot you very easily.
    The cars lack variety, and they control rather awkward. If you don't steer to much in order to take a small turn, after steering the car will instantly go back to forward driving, like Aiden takes a quarter of a second to move his arms.

The story is OK, some good characters here and there, but nothing really sensational.

For a 360 game, Watch Dogs looks very good. Models and animations are almost exactly the same as their next-gen counterparts, textures are only slightly less high definition. The only problems I can find are the trees and plants in general having outdated models and bad (and almost creepy) animations, and some lightning issues. Other than that, great looking 360 game.

Also, I forgot to mention, loading times are atrocious on the 360.

Overall, an OK game, but becomes boring after a while. There is nothing to keep you interested. Just a GTA with less cars, less guns, worse story and instead of being a criminal you're somewhat of a "hero".
  15. Sep 22, 2014
    First off I wasn't planning on getting this game at first, but once it was released I heard mixed opinions and decided to pick up a pre owned 360 version. I found the storyline gripping and very interesting, especially the last few hours of the game I was hooked. Side missions are kind of irrelevant as I only did the mandatory side quests involved in a couple main missions.
    The gameplay..
    The gameplay.. The overall movement, melee, hacking and shooting mechanics feel great, but the upgrade system feels a bit off. Most upgrades don't entice you to work toward them, and you will have to buy useless abilities to advance the tree to the next one. There could be more abilities and hack upgrades than there are, considering it took 5 years to develop and was still put on hold shortly before its release date came. Overall I rate this game 7/10. good story. average gameplay. too many uninteresting side missions and abilities. Not what it was hyped up to be, but not bad at all.
  16. Jan 29, 2015
    No hyped game can truly live up to the praise it gets, and while Watch_Dogs does seem lackluster, there are still enough things to do to keep any open minded gamer busy for hours. Not bad, but not quite what i was looking for.
  17. Feb 5, 2015
    Its a interestingly average game. Thankfully the game doesn't fall under a lot of the same issues that plague the Assassin's Creed game. However some gameplay quirks, subpar graphics, a terribly wooden protagonist, and a very unsatisfying ending are make this game crash and burn.
  18. Sep 2, 2014
    Updated review. Originally I gave this game a 9. When it first came out. But after paying more attention. It was foolish of me to think so. For a 2014 game it has major problems!
    > when you shoot the water or throw a grenade in it. No water particles.. Nothing.
    > the front windscreen on vehicles never fully break. Only crack > awful graphics on last gen. Gta 5, skyrim, dark souls 2
    > the front windscreen on vehicles never fully break. Only crack
    > awful graphics on last gen. Gta 5, skyrim, dark souls 2 looks way better. This is not even trying to push the hardware to its limits and it looks like a disgrace.
    > screen tearing. Too much pop in, even on ps4
    > you can't punch?

There's good stuff I mentioned in my other review that's great. Such as the driving, shooting, hacking. The 100hr game is fun to play.. But these simple ABCs that's featured in many open world games, this doesn't have! So a 5/10
  19. Oct 27, 2015
    This is one of those games where the hype for it was so monumentally high, and the final product was so average, that the review score seems to indicate that karma could be real. 18 months later the review aggregates seem to accurately reflect the quality of the final product, which doesn't happen with all games (I'm looking at you, Bioshock: Infinite...) Breaking it down:

Story: I

Story: I don't feel overly qualified to comment on this, as I never finished it. What I can comment on is the reason I didn't finish it: BORING! First off, Aiden Pearce has to be one of gaming's dullest, least interesting protagonists. His niece dies and it's basically all his fault, and how does he respond? Kill anyone even remotely involved with the incident, and remotely steal the bank accounts of literally anyone in Chicago...even the poor bastards with $50 in their accounts. This is the disjointed result of a game design in which the world you are put in is a morally ambiguous playground ala Grand Theft Auto, but the protagonist is meant to be a principled family man set on a path of retribution. Huge parts of the game become jarring once the player inevitably has Aiden go on a GTA-style spree.

Gameplay: Mostly your typical third-person action fare, with some driving mechanics. The shooting is fine for what it is. Driving is less so, feeling more like the cars are boats than in GTA. Aiden's main advantage is his ability to hack into Chicago's ctOS software, and although it can result in some cool events, the actual game mechanic is pretty much as simple as a button press. It also adds numerous little mini-games and QTEs which honestly could be left out entirely.

Graphics/Sound: I'll begin by saying that I am not a graphics freak. Gameplay is approximately 100x as important as graphics in my opinion. That said, Ubisoft sold us a lemon with the graphics of this game. The E3 trailers and demos were clearly run on way-high-end PCs that could not be replicated on current gen consoles (let alone last gen...360/PS3). Usually I wouldn't make a stink over the graphical issues, but this is a case of a game developer clearly trying to pass off a product as better than it actually was, and that deserves a backlash. Otherwise, we'd all better get used to drooling over E3 trailers and then being let down at release.

In sum, this is a game that tried to hard to be too many things, and ended up being average in most categories. It didn't do so poorly that the franchise is dead in the water, so let's hope Ubisoft puts on their big boy pants and makes Watch_Dogs 2 what this game was advertised to be.
  20. Nov 19, 2015
    I have seen this game perfectly summed up. In this game you do the same things over and over. I think the game is decent. However it is definitely not my style. I expected a stealth and hacking game. Instead I got a driving game with extremely simplistic hacking.

Even though it is not one of my favourite games, the IP was cool and inventive so I will give it a decent score. However I quit playing because it got really boring and repetitive.
  21. Mar 24, 2016
    Um ótimo jogo que poucos gostam. Contando a história de Aiden Pearce, Watch_DOGS se passa em Chicago. Seu tema principal é hackear toda a cidade (e é o que diferencia ele de outros jogos mundo aberto semelhantes). Criticado brutalmente pelo seu downgrade relacionado as E3's e também pela jogabilidade horrenda nos veículos. Sua história é razoável, mas não passa disso. Sua jogabilidade a péUm ótimo jogo que poucos gostam. Contando a história de Aiden Pearce, Watch_DOGS se passa em Chicago. Seu tema principal é hackear toda a cidade (e é o que diferencia ele de outros jogos mundo aberto semelhantes). Criticado brutalmente pelo seu downgrade relacionado as E3's e também pela jogabilidade horrenda nos veículos. Sua história é razoável, mas não passa disso. Sua jogabilidade a pé é boa, porém, em veículos é horrenda. O jogo corre a 30 quadros por segundo em todas as plataformas (menos PC). Seu gráfico é MUITO feio na antiga geração. A vegetação foi feita porcamente e o anti-serrilhado é inexistente, além das cores serem muito mortas. A trilha sonora do jogo, sendo bem sincero, nunca prestei muito a atenção, de tão ruim que era. A dublagem do jogo é boa, porém, não combina com vários personagens. Seu modo multiplayer é patético e foi mal aceito. Watch_DOGs é um jogo que possuía um potencial BRUTAL, mas aproveitou mal disso, e até tirou sarro do grandioso GTA V.

História: 6/10;
    Gráficos (considerando o Xbox 360, e não o XONE/PC): 5/10;
    Jogabilidade (a pé): 9/10;
    Jogabilidade (veículos): 4/10;
    Desempenho: 9/10 (o jogo se mantém instável a quase todo o momento, quedas de quadros não atrapalham a jogatina, não nesse jogo);
    Trilha sonora: 4/10
    Multiplayer: 5/10
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Jun 16, 2014
    In the end Watch Dogs has plenty going for it, without quite living up to the hype. But, Aiden Pearce is a great character, and a very nice design, and the story has an engaging cyber-noir vibe going for it. Just keep your eyes down and your smartphone charged.
  2. Jun 12, 2014
    Watch Dogs does do some new things and does them very well. With few exceptions it’s a polished and fun game and well-worth a look.