5.0

1. May 27, 2014
    For a game that's been in development for more than 5 years, Watch Dogs is an unacceptable end result.

There are a plethora of problems with Watch Dogs. Let me list a few:

On the 360, the game looks like GTA: Vice City.

It doesn't feature coast guards.

Major physics problems/bugs.

Too much like GTA.

Looks nothing like the E3 2012 demo.
  2. May 27, 2014
    This game is a lackluster and such a big disappointment. Supposedly Ubisoft delayed the game to further polish it but none of that happened. The game is still buggy, graphics is not next-gen (nothing like infamous), and the characters are crap. Just youtube "watch dog bugs" or "watch dog vs gta iv" you'll see what I mean. This isn't next gen worthy game.
  3. May 27, 2014
    Just a bland GTA. Too much hype for nothing. You´ll get bored in an hour. Just rent it and you´ll forget this game. Ghost town ...................................
  4. May 31, 2014
    So much for next gen graphics. This is no better than GTA4 and that was out 6 years ago.
    The driving is bad the people walking the streets walk like robots.
    This game is basically a revamped assassin's creed ..the city has no soul . every mission feels so linear.
    I bought this game because of the hype from E3 and its such a let down
  5. Jun 5, 2014
    Short, bad controls and it takes the "serious" parts of itself far to seriously. It has the same feeling as MGS: Ground Zeroes; basically that it is the prologue to a second game.
    Still fun though even if it isn't worth full price.

Ubisoft shock their keys in front of our faces and hoped we'd be entertained. They failed for the most part.
  6. Jun 9, 2014
    Let me just preface by saying that I enjoyed playing this game, despite the poor driving mechanics, popping, and overall massive downgrade in graphics. The story was decent and it was a mildly entertaining game. I am giving it a zero because i am extremely pissed off at Ubisoft right now for making people wait so long for a game that doesn't work! I, like many others, have been affected by the loading bug. My game worked fine for a while and I managed to get to about 88% complete before I got that damn loading bug. I think Ubisoft really dropped the ball on this one! I will NEVER purchase another Ubisoft title. I am not a huge gamer so that will not be too difficult for me to accomplish. My friends however are big gamers and I have told them about my problem and they too will not be purchasing anymore Ubisoft titles, they've had, I've had, and I am sure many more people are done with them. F**k you Ubisoft for making us wait so long for a game that doesn't work! Congrats, you guys are probably laughing away rolling in your money; 4 million copies sold - of a game that doesn't even work! Good job, you sure pulled one over on us! Expand
  7. May 29, 2014
    Very disappointed. The graphics seem choppy and degraded. The feel is like that of an arcade game as seen when driving vehicles that appear to have very little damage when plowed into other elements around you. Wishful thinking on my part for assuming this game would be something next gen. Far from it.
  8. Jun 5, 2014
    Total hype para aficionados. Un juego con muy buenas intenciones pero que se queda en la más absoluta mediocridad. Gráficos que parecen sacados de PS2, físicas hiper-falsas, dificultad mal ajustada.... demasiadas cosas negativas para un juego con 5 años de desarrollo. Da la impresión de que le hacen falta otros 5 años de trabajo. En fín, una auténtica pena, sobre todo para los que se hayan gastado 60 pavos en esto. Expand
  9. Jun 10, 2014
    Wow this game is a joke ... I cant believe how **** bad this game is ... ugly and boring ... like it s not even a high end game ... it seems to be something like one of those sidegames that you expect to be **** ... wow I couldnt stand it for more then 10 minutes ...
  10. May 30, 2014
    Game about hacking.... hmm I would expect more then just a pushing a button to hack. I remember that even old System Shock 2 had a better form of a hacking game. Of course such hacking mini game is not suitable for raising bridges or switching lights at the crossroads. But that could be solved by something else too.
  11. May 31, 2014
    Watch_Dogs is a game that was hyped to death in 2013 and was released to a resounding choir of angels (if you believe the people who are drowning in hype). I remained healthily pessimistic because games like this have disappointed my before. What I mean by “games like this” is games that promise a lot but give only a fraction of what they offered. The biggest promise made by the marketing of Watch_Dogs was that it would change the way we all played video games, but it didn’t. Truthfully this game consists of the same formula in a lot of other games. A) Get in a car. B) Drive to objective location. C) Fight or sneak (sometimes forced to sneak) your way to objective. D) Celebrate a job well done. E) Get bored, cause mayhem. From what I saw from my several hours of play, Watch_Dogs looked like GTA with a gimmick. The only hack I really used during play was to hack people for money and this leads me to my next problem. The game makes it a bit too easy to obtain money. I was, at one point, less than half way through the game with hundreds of thousands of dollars in my pocket and all the five star guns and the best cars. It never feels like you are desperate for supplies and money because it is given to you on a silver platter if you walk around for long enough. The mini games in your phone are truthfully the best part of the game. They are what I spent the majority of my time in. I wouldn’t have spent so much time there though if the main story was actually engaging. I made it to half way through the game and most of the time I had no idea what was happening in the story because I just couldn’t care. You can tell how much I cared and was affected by this story because I don’t even remember the main protagonist’s name. I had to google it (Aiden Pearce). Even the random events get old very fast and after the first two or three times doing the same thing you stop doing them all together because they pop up so frequently and they don’t give a good enough reward to continue to waste your time on them. The controls on the Xbox 360 version of Watch_Dogs are a bit strange. They are fine once you get used to them but they are kind of awkward when they are first introduced. One of the real problems with Watch_Dogs is that the driving controls are too floaty. Whenever I would try to adjust myself in the lane I’m driving in it feels like I’m about to spin out and I wreck into another car, a lamp post, a divider, a pedestrian, etc. Now I’m not going to say I’m the best driver when it comes to video games, actually I’m really bad, but when half of the collisions aren’t my fault we have a problem. Now I’m not the first person to raise this point on the internet and the answer to the statement was “Well cars control like that in real life.” I answer the answer with this. I don’t want the game to be like real life. I want it to be fun. If I wanted real life I would go outside. Another problem with the driving is that you can’t shoot a gun. This normally wouldn’t be a problem except for the fact that several missions in the game require to take down a car and then the person inside it. This is a challenge because for some reason you can’t really push their car, but they can push yours. Then when you start chasing them they call in backup so you now have to deal with the objective car and his buddies that CAN shoot you. The hacking, which was the major selling point of the game, falls a bit flat to me. Most of the time I never used hacking to escape the police or other enemies. When I was driving to run away from my adversaries I only saw a few chances and even then they only stopped a few cars and never the full legion. The other hacking instances are interesting the first time you do them, but after the sixth time they seem repetitive and not interesting. Now on to the loading times. The loading times on the 360 can be up to two minutes long and were never shorter than thirty seconds. This was after I was forced to install my game to the hard drive. Installing to the hard drive is supposed to speed up loading times. If this is the case I would hate to see how long it would take to load if you weren’t forced to install it. Now I can’t speak about the multiplayer because I am not a Microsoft gold member anymore so I will spare this, but something I will not spare is the graphics. I may have played the 360 version of Watch_Dogs but I have seen the PS4 version and all I can say is that GTA V for the 360 looked the same if not better in the graphics department. PS4 and Xbox ONE versions look like good PS3 and 360 versions and the 360 and PS3 versions look worse. This is safe for a game that was raised to be the “messiah” for games. That is all I have to say about Watch_Dogs. Don’t get me wrong though. I still had fun. It is still a fun game. That’s the only reason I’m not giving this game a 4/10, and remember that this was a work of opinion and opinions change from person to person. Expand
  12. Jun 1, 2014
    I never bought into the hype for this game, so I can't say that I'm terribly disappointed with how it came out. That said, I really feel for the people who were looking forward to it, because it's pretty mediocre in just about every way. It's definitely not a bad game, but it's not a great one, either. It's passable.
    The hacking mechanics are very refreshing and fun to play with at first,
    but they soon become boring (much like the rest of the game). For such an innovative concept, everything is truly derivative, from the game's repetitive mission structure to its lackluster narrative. To be honest, I hadn't the slightest idea what was happening in the story until its final act - the world is never really flushed out. We're introduced to the Blume Corporation, the hacker group Dedsec, the ctOS system... But none of these players are ever adequately developed. That leaves the world feeling very hollow, and its a hard one to get invested in. There will inevitably be comparisons to the GTA series, but I feel this game is more similar to Ubisoft's original Assassin's Creed title. Great concept, well-executed mechanics, but ultimately a game with a lot of flaws. Hopefully Ubisoft can do more with the sequel (we all know one's coming). Heck, look how Assassin's Creed II came out. Fingers crossed. Expand
  13. Jun 29, 2014
    This has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number of scripted actions. Driving is a joke (think an old PS2 arcade game), the story is idiotic and the mission selection is extremely limited. And as bad as it looks on next-gen systems, it looks even worse on the PS3/Xbox 360. Extremely disappointed and this game will tank at retail very soon. Buy GTA V!!! Expand
  14. Jun 29, 2014
    WHen I first heard the initial impressions of this game, it reminded me of the gentle derision the first Assassin's creed got. A technical mess with tons of potential, that is how I approached this game. I was wrong, its far worse than that. Forget the terrible driving, the awkward running and gunning, the terrible voice acting or the super cliched tropes, all that is forgivable. What is unforgivable is that the game is dull. Playing it feels like a job. If one of your friends has it, take a gander, but the first thirty minutes are jus liek the rest of the game. No passion, no tension, no fun all compounded by some terrible control options and collision detection. Expand
  15. Jul 5, 2014
    The main problem about this game is the same as with far cry 3: after 10 minutes you will have done everything you will do for the whole game, it just will repeat itself. If the "hacking" would be something like flappy bird, it would be more entertaining than this. I wonder if ubisoft only adresses 6 year olds, because it seems like this game was designed for 6 year olds. The score of 2 is only because of the artwork, but gameplay is absolutely zero.

Even the music is terrible, the whole game just tries to be another really bad clone of gta.

I cannot believe, the someone worked on this for 5 years? And it was supposed to comeout last year?
  16. May 27, 2014
    A superb game: the characters are well written, there are enough weapons to choose from and plenty of vehicles to drive. Hacking … you have to see it to believe it, truly great! The explosions in my opinion are excellent. This game also boasts many mission and side quests, it will definitely keep you busy for a while. For those who have waited so long, it was worth it, enjoy.
  17. May 27, 2014
    I think most is qualifying bad, because they had overly high expectations. for me really with what little I've progressed, however I liked pretty Watch Dogs, with many new ... is exactly like Assassin's Creed 1, where the expectation was not high, when the Watch Dogs 2 out, there take out their best potential. but to be a new IP this phenomenal.
  18. May 27, 2014
    Some of the gameplay mechanic is similiar to PlayStation Exclusive, The Last of Us. However, some of E3 2012-2013 part were mising or cut by Ubisoft such as; Hand-stealth, Gun sequense, dramatic story, etc... The gameplay psychic was using a low-life engine, Havok (also used in TLOU). Face it, this isn't GTA, or Saints Row, or any other kind of familiar sandbox game. I was having so much fun with the hacking part, by stealing personal information, bank account, taking over a network, but you just waiting for this cool game, until you give a good, or bad respond.... Expand
  19. May 27, 2014
    Watch Dogs is a Great Game even for the xbox 360,its absolutely worth buying.

The games as some very good graphics,even for a xbox 360,its incredible how they managed to put a game like that to works fine on a Old Gen console,
  20. May 27, 2014
    there is one word for this gam and it is amamzing 10/10 anyday because of its unique characters and 42 hour plus story and there is lot sto do in this city side missions and just messing about
  21. May 27, 2014
    It's a good game, but you get tired too soon of it. Its pretty much like GTA on that aspect. But if you follow the Campaign its good, but not fantastic.

I really think that they could make the interactivity better and make all buildings accessible to enter (it's just a few that you really can enter and it's most food or gun related)
  22. May 28, 2014
    i give watch dogs on xbox 360

because i thinq it is one of my best game in my life

and the hack's aidea make me so gooood

and i like very much aidden when he hack

and ubisoft it is one of the greatest company in the video games
  23. May 28, 2014
    Although the graphics are somewhat disappointing, it still is a superb game pushing the 360 to the max with a lively world.
    The concept and cutscenes are great.
  24. Jul 25, 2014
    This is not GTA with hacks. Not Assassin's creed with technology. This is game is sad. This game takes itself too serious, it's a complete joke. Aiden is an ass. The graphics are complete **** You can compare them to games in 2012. So many bugs. The physics are atrocious. They're like cartoon cars. The hacking is a gimmick. It tries so hard to compete and be like GTA V, and be better than AC4 but fails at both.
    The online is so restricted.
    The storyline is mediocre, and so as the parkour.
    The only thing good was the shooting.
    Ubisoft fooled us again

Watch _Dogs is just another game that failed to live up to the hype. You'll play it for an hour get bored of it. Then you will let collect dust or return it.
  25. May 29, 2014
    Few games actually live up to the hype as is the case with Watch Dogs. With that said, for a brand new IP the game is pretty good. Considering that the XBOX 360 is now a 9 year old system, it does a very good job at pushing the graphics at good frame rates. Strong points are the stealth, hacking, plenty to see and do. The weak points are car physics a bit dodgy and take some time to get accustomed to and some of the early side missions can be tough if you do not have some specific skill points.

All in all I like this game as it is a strong first showing.
  26. Jun 19, 2014
    It's the first game of the franchise. Of course, it has a lot of lame problems, including graphics and all... But I don't really care for graphcis. The physics is not that realistic, but that it isn't the game focus. The game is about hacking and doesn't disappoint in that topic. It's very fun walking on the Chicago streets seeing the civillian's information...
    I liked W_D, and for a
    first game of the franchise, it's a great experience. Expand
  27. Sep 5, 2014
    A very disappointing offering from usually Stellar Ubisoft.

The graphics were quite sub par, especially when Rockstar showed what could be accomplished in GTAV. At times I was wondering if I was looking at polygonal textures on a PS1 when I saw some trees and buildings. The sound design was good and their were a few good musical tracks but the majority were dull. The cycling through
    each one to find a song you liked was painful and time consuming. All these things could have been forgiven with decent gameplay and alot of variety in missions. However, the gameplay left rough and buggy and missions had you doing the same hack-shoot-escape dynamic that really took away from the fun.

Watchdogs has a great deal of potential to be something great, but much of it is lost in the glaring flaws of the game. Comparing this to GTAV is overdone, but its only because Rockstar had polished their world to a level of masterful perfection while Watchdogs feels like a pre-alpha test run.

A disappointing 4 out of 10
  28. Sep 15, 2014
    This isn't a really bad game, it’s a really lame game.

Let’s forget about all those promises they made and didn't make good one, we have been through it before and with the crooked way they market games recently we are going to see it more and more. I don't know why, they act like what does it matter; you morons will buy the games we tell you to anyway.

Here are some reasons why the
    game sucks but feel free to add your own because I have to admit that after all the games I've played and past (over 110k gamer score and only a few are 100%) I wasn't able to bring myself to pass this one but then I borrowed it so I wasn't driven to get my moneys worth.

- The main character really sucks, maybe the worst ever. We have gone from super soldiers, space marines and GTA characters to a douche with his phone out all the time.

- The plot is dumb, the douchbag steals money from some guys then he gets what was coming to him but his niece ends up dying.

-The stupid sonic screwdriver like phone is cool in theory but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid.

- The driving controls are terrible, its as if they had no business making a driving game.

- "Hacking" is not Magic

-The skill tree system feels like a forced way to deal out abilities and slow the game down.

- I know I said the main character was terrible before but it really deserves more than one point. He steals money, his niece dies so he then kills hundreds to security guards and people on the street…

Their map of Chicago is poorly done, there are a few areas close to the real thing but the majority of it is stupid.
  29. May 28, 2014
    Pretty good. Its not really living up to the high expectations, but it has been fun so far. Think GTA with a cooler cell phone. To me none of the drama around the graphics carried much weight. I'm OK with the graphics falling short of the hype. My biggest complaint would be with the story so far, leaves a lot to be desired.

So far its just a typical sandbox where you can use your cell
    to do some fun stuff while you drive and shoot your way through the missions. Expand
  30. May 29, 2014
    People entered this game expecting GTA V. Those people need to put down this game, and go play GTA V not Watch Dogs. Watch Dogs is a great open world hacking game.

Common complaints about it are that the graphics don't look like the E3 2012 demonstration. They need to understand the game was running on a PC, and was configured to look that good. They also don't understand it was a pre
    rendered video, not live game play. So it will always look better.

People also complain about the Cars being unresponsive etc. Play a proper driving game, then this game, you'll see that this is pretty good. GTA V controls like pudding.

Overall the plot is really good, relatable for most people who have siblings, it is a fun game with a lot to do. Big open world city to explore. In the end if you go in expecting Watch Dogs, you'll get watch dogs, if you go in expecting anything else you shouldn't be playing this game.
  31. Jun 3, 2014
    Graphics are good for old-gen, Story is fun, Game play is awesome, the World has plenty to do, and it is pretty smooth. I say it that it is really good and enjoyable.
  32. Jun 4, 2014
    One of the best games on xbox 360 good story sidequests and multiplayer bad driveability and ac 3 graphics better than gta 5 for me andis an awasome game

it had too much expetation about graphics and **** but still a good game
  33. Jun 6, 2014
    Most of the poor reviews were written by people with ultra-high expectations.Guys,the industry is not all that innovative.Titanfall,for example! Fresh title,great idea,but same gameplay we all know,except for the titans.The same happens here. And please,stop comparing to GTA,this loos like a Fanboy War. About the game itself: Graphics? Washed,but still looking very nice. Physics? No problems so far.
    Story? Entertaining enough to keep me playing for some time
    Gameplay? The hacking system could get harder as you progress through the game,but it´s still a lot of fun to play.

FINAL SCORE:Great! 9.0/10.0
  34. Jun 7, 2014
    This game is really fun! Of course it gets boring if you do criminal convoys for 15 hours straight...Look, let's be honest: The game has PERFECT phasing!
    Oh, and the graphics controversy...You are just being dumb if you think this game looks bad..It looks better then titanfall, how about that?
  35. Jun 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the best games of the year, and possibly the best one from Ubisoft. This game is a new way to think, instead of shooting everyone and doing chaos like a complete maniac, you can hack the city, and stop criminal. There are stealth missions, which are fun, the city of Chicago feels so alive, NPCs act like real humans, the react when you pull a gun out, when you stalk them or when you stumble against them. Sure the graphics have been lowered, but that doesn't really matter, because you don't need "real-life" graphics for the game to work right, and the graphics are already beautiful, especially at night. Story is riveting, since you play as Aiden Pierce a hacker that was robbing a bank with his partner; Damian, but he gets caught and his IP is being traced, causing that they kill his Niece. Aiden will find the men who threaten his family and stop them.

This game is good. But it runs bad on PC
  36. Jun 8, 2014
    This game is not what Ubisoft promised but that dosen´t mean that this game is bad. I spent a great time playing it, the story was enjoyable and the graphics were great for Xbox 360 standards.

By the other side is that they promised a lot with this game and many things we saw in the presentations dosen´t exist in the final game and some sub-missions are quite repetitive.

Concluding
    Ubisoft lied us with many features inside the game, but this watc dogs is still great, is a GOTY despite the "hypered" nerd's rage against him. Expand
  37. Jun 8, 2014
    I honestly feel like people complain way too much about the graphics in this game. Graphics do not make a game, the experience you have with the game is the real factor. People seem to be focusing way too much on realistic graphics, and that worries me because that will make for a generation that will only care about graphics and nothing more. But enough of my rambling. What did Watch Dogs do well? For one, I felt as though it had very addictive gameplay. Which was odd, considering some of the side missions you do in the game get boring very fast (I found myself avoiding fixer contracts for the longest time) and they could've added a little bit more variety. The other things you could do, however, were very fun. I found myself doing the dosing mini games a lot, trying to get high scores on each. This reminded me a lot of Saints Row and it was a nice change of pace from the main storyline. Driving takes a bit getting used to, and it does feel like you can't control it sometimes. It's strange, because it is one of those games I find myself loving and hating at the same time. Much like how I was with Deadly Premonition. This has been described as a love it or hate it game, but I'm a bit on the fence. There are certain parts I like, and there are certain parts I hate. All in all, I enjoyed it, despite its repetitive nature at points. Expand
  38. Jun 12, 2014
    The Game is pretty good but it has a few problems here and there like the A.I and Driving but other than that it is a pretty good game you should really give it a try!
  39. Jun 23, 2014
    After a long time...finally WD comes out and hmmmmm it does not impress that much!!! at least in xbox360 or ps3...
    1- story lacks a bit , mostly as a prequel to the WD 2
    2- graphics is the main problem which was downgraded to below the standards
    3- chigago is big and vast but the graphic issue makes it vague
    4 - gameplay nor thrills nor disappoints ...driving is mediocre too ...action
    and gunfights was better
    5 - production values like voice and SFX was good but it is very quiet..my TVs volume was in 30 when i want to hear it properly
    Overally 6-7 is the most fair grade
    try lot better next time ubisoft and dont make games for an old console that u cant maintain ur promises
  40. Jul 3, 2014
    I just LOVE Watch_Dogs! First off, the profiling is awesome, because I like to judge NPCs. The missions are fun, the screwing around is fun, the driving is weighty. The cops are BRUTAL, they almost made me want to change my ways! And, to the people complaining about the graphics, **** off.
  41. Jul 22, 2014
    I did not like this game ubisoft told too much and the game is not cool for many people this game would be a new grand theft auto but this game is really bad and they changed the release date november>>>>>may expecting a 95 score but sorry it is really far this game to a 95 score and the game is boring and monotonous you have to do the same things many times the graphics are really great but when u are deiving it looks like a ps1 game Expand
  42. Sep 2, 2014
    Updated review. Originally I gave this game a 9. When it first came out. But after paying more attention. It was foolish of me to think so. For a 2014 game it has major problems!
    > when you shoot the water or throw a grenade in it. No water particles.. Nothing.
    > the front windscreen on vehicles never fully break. Only crack
    > awful graphics on last gen. Gta 5, skyrim, dark souls 2
    looks way better. This is not even trying to push the hardware to its limits and it looks like a disgrace.
    > screen tearing. Too much pop in, even on ps4
    > you can't punch?

There's good stuff I mentioned in my other review that's great. Such as the driving, shooting, hacking. The 100hr game is fun to play.. But these simple ABCs that's featured in many open world games, this doesn't have! So a 5/10
  43. Jul 3, 2014
    I don't and at the same time do understand why this game is over-hyped or over-shunned, this game is -lets accept it- not a 9 or 10 out of 10, but if we calm down a little bit, we will also get that this game is not a 0/10 oh oh oh oh gentleman i have seen and played much much worse games (coughcoughridetohellcough).

But i also do get the reason why you are crazy as hell, and you should
    be. This is definitely not the game we were promised to play, the graphics are not even close to what we saw in the E3 2012 demo, u play is **** and finally driving just sucks. I agree you, The driving really just suuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkks, i am not pleased with the u play requirement but i can't complement about the graphics since i played it on 360.

But these mistakes does not make a game the worst **** ever made, trust me some other titles deserve that award (Mindjack anyone?).

Now most people compare this to GTA 5, i do not. Just because it is an open world doesn't mean that it's a GTA copy it is just inspired by it. The hacking is successfully done with only a few annoying puzzles.The online modes are simply great (But not the u play!!!!!!!!!!). But one of my major issues are with Aiden (The main character), he is just not interesting, you can't just bond with him. Actually i bet he is not in a single persons top 20 protagonists list, even though you know his tragedy he is an **** in fact they repeat that single tragedy so much (not gonna spoil it here) that you lose your connection with it and Aiden.

So as you see it's not a 10/10 nor a 0/10, it is in the middle.
  44. Jul 9, 2014
    Things seems rosier as long as you are walking on your feet. However, the moment you step into a vehicle you will realize how shallow everything about this game is! low draw distances, terrible textures, disastrous handling, etc. are so hard to ignore specially if you have played GTA V.
  45. Jul 11, 2014
    this game is great if you ignore the graphic hype like i did than this game is amazing i love it. where the overwhelming amount of enemies and difficulty at times can get frustrating its still a great game, i would recommend it to anyone who asked about it.
  46. Jul 23, 2014
    The HYPE gave big expectation which wasn't met.
    The story is a bit boring, but still a very nice game with new concepts & gameplay technics.
    I ENJOYED IT!! :D
  47. Jul 24, 2014
    seriously, the game wasn't bad at all. i just finish the game in 3 days and i really like the story where he going through, i know it not the best gameplay of all time, like driving a cars in the games the people really critics it because it not realistic than GTA 5, i confirm that, but the only things why because i like the game, it the hacking, the story, and the characters. i know they got some people saying truth like they work 5 years on the game and he decided to delayed and it worst than the first gameplay we seen when he announced. and too, we got critics about glitch but me i like glitch because it funny sometime, it depending, like if your get stuck on something and you can't move and you need to quit the game because your stuck when you was doing a mission and you need to restart the mission. i understand that. so i don't hate the game but sometime a was raging because when you cover yourself, sometime he got a enemy on your side and you got some difficulty to get off from the object and you get kill. so the game still not the best so far but i enjoyed it Expand
  48. Aug 12, 2014
    Great game, gets fun when u get your way around the hacking system and got some enjoyable puzzles, not too hard, but not too handhelding either. Online is alot of fun, you can do stuff like going into other players games as civilians trying to hack them for an amount of secons without them detecting and killing you. theres also stuff like racing ect. ai isnt bad, enemies are good at hiding, sometimes i barely believe the red spots that shows where they are on my gps in game. Expand
  49. Aug 20, 2014
    The gameplay has a lot of potential, and it is quite fun, but lacks in some areas. For example, before combat you can manipulate objects, cameras and such to help you hide or eliminate some enemies, but it is very hard to figure out which is helpful, which does what, and most of the times you'll end up screwing up. The guns also need some fine-tuning, plus the enemies can spot you very easily.
    The cars lack variety, and they control rather awkward. If you don't steer to much in order to take a small turn, after steering the car will instantly go back to forward driving, like Aiden takes a quarter of a second to move his arms.

The story is OK, some good characters here and there, but nothing really sensational.

For a 360 game, Watch Dogs looks very good. Models and animations are almost exactly the same as their next-gen counterparts, textures are only slightly less high definition. The only problems I can find are the trees and plants in general having outdated models and bad (and almost creepy) animations, and some lightning issues. Other than that, great looking 360 game.

Also, I forgot to mention, loading times are atrocious on the 360.

Overall, an OK game, but becomes boring after a while. There is nothing to keep you interested. Just a GTA with less cars, less guns, worse story and instead of being a criminal you're somewhat of a "hero".
  50. Aug 28, 2014
    This is the best game i ever played in my life this is a real game that i expect to have a open world there's the chess game and the card game the graphics are high end. Ignore the low reviews trust me you might want to play this game.
  51. Sep 17, 2014
    An enjoyable open world game. Driving is fine, it's not suppose to be a racing game, vehicles have weight to them. It is missing one thing though, no radio stations. All of the other GTA like games I enjoyed listening to the radio stations and that was completely removed. Plenty of side missions and hacking is what you would expect in a game. Graphics are good, not as much detail in things like damage to vehicle and surrounding things you run into, but still good. A large amount of content in game. Expand
  52. Sep 22, 2014
    First off I wasn't planning on getting this game at first, but once it was released I heard mixed opinions and decided to pick up a pre owned 360 version. I found the storyline gripping and very interesting, especially the last few hours of the game I was hooked. Side missions are kind of irrelevant as I only did the mandatory side quests involved in a couple main missions.
    The gameplay..
    The overall movement, melee, hacking and shooting mechanics feel great, but the upgrade system feels a bit off. Most upgrades don't entice you to work toward them, and you will have to buy useless abilities to advance the tree to the next one. There could be more abilities and hack upgrades than there are, considering it took 5 years to develop and was still put on hold shortly before its release date came. Overall I rate this game 7/10. good story. average gameplay. too many uninteresting side missions and abilities. Not what it was hyped up to be, but not bad at all. Expand
  53. Oct 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch Dogs is an excellent game even on the Xbox 360 and is certainly a good buy. The story, concept, cut scenes and flow of the game is just brilliant but personally i feel that it could have been made much better given that they had 5 years to develop the game and given the the fact that it released a year later than the original date of release and also after Grand theft Auto 5. The game suffered major physics problems and the driving was let down but some were pretty good especially the shooting and one on one combats using stealth modes, explosions. Hacking was just brilliant but some were too easy such as hacking into other people's phone and using it to hank into their bank account. The game could have been better with coast guards. Aiden Pearce is a great character and the cyber vibe is just out of the world and the use of smartphone was just spectacular. Other drawbacks were that gamers were unable to shoot while "driving". The random events gets old too fast and certain sides are irrelevant to the story but is a great way to free roam. The mobile apps is really good and great way to while away your time and get engrossed into the game while not doing the campaign mode.
    Overall the game certainly deserves 8 out of a possible ten given the fact that this is the best Hacking game ever at least until the near future and I am certainly expecting Ubisoft to come up with a sequel and this time around to add in more features with better graphics and physics and try to eliminate all the previous glitches
  54. Oct 22, 2014
    How the **** is this like gta 5. This game is like saints row 4 but horribly made. The detailing the designing the world is just sad and dull. Not to mention that the cars are bad and the crashing is really fake. Then the magic phone that you have WTF. The hacking is not even challenging just press the button and bam you just hacked.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Jun 16, 2014
    In the end Watch Dogs has plenty going for it, without quite living up to the hype. But, Aiden Pearce is a great character, and a very nice design, and the story has an engaging cyber-noir vibe going for it. Just keep your eyes down and your smartphone charged.
  2. Jun 12, 2014
    Watch Dogs does do some new things and does them very well. With few exceptions it’s a polished and fun game and well-worth a look.