7.9

1. Mar 6, 2011
    This game is nothing more than your basic average beat em up brawler, while it has some good co op and good character animations, the bland environments and dumb AI hold this back, the story is pretty interesting however, just don't expect anything new or exciting.
  2. AlexQ
    Mar 11, 2009
    After only playing the 20min. demo, I think it's enough to make a few notable comments. It looks good, plays well enough, the combat is brutal and satisfying; which also happens to take me back to the late 80's of Double Dragon and other such titles, where all you did was advance forever forward and beat the crap out of everyone that came along. And 20 years on, I can't After only playing the 20min. demo, I think it's enough to make a few notable comments. It looks good, plays well enough, the combat is brutal and satisfying; which also happens to take me back to the late 80's of Double Dragon and other such titles, where all you did was advance forever forward and beat the crap out of everyone that came along. And 20 years on, I can't think of other titles that do just that, without complicating things with various unnecessary puzzles and wondering what to do next. However, some greater variety in characters would be nice. Expand
  3. JakeG
    Mar 4, 2009
    This game is way better than I thought it would be. I saw negative reviews and I got kind of bummed out because I was really hoping it would be good. I played the trial game and it was actually really awesome. When you hear "brawling game", that's the worst of it. By that, I mean that the game takes a repetitive and boring genre and makes it really interesting. It's about as This game is way better than I thought it would be. I saw negative reviews and I got kind of bummed out because I was really hoping it would be good. I played the trial game and it was actually really awesome. When you hear "brawling game", that's the worst of it. By that, I mean that the game takes a repetitive and boring genre and makes it really interesting. It's about as good as any brawler game you will see. There are lots of different combos and other styles that make it really fun. I can understand where people say it gets to be boring or repetitive, but Deadline Games (who the &^$% is that?) made it about as awesome as they could. The game probably isn't for everyone, but I definetly recommend you give it a trial run, it's worth it. Fun game. Expand
  4. jerrycorrea
    Apr 7, 2009
    Watchmen is one the best down loadable game i have ever seen possibly the best down loading game i have full of action plenty of combos and very brutal special combos Rorschach are very brutal and Nite owl 2 cool combos not as brutal still cool. I recomend you buy this game it is very fun.
  5. WillH
    Mar 13, 2009
    A lot of the reviews for this game seem a little unfair to me. Having just read the graphic novel and looking forward to seeing the film, this game is the perfect little fan service to someone who enjoys the characters and the world of Watchmen. Being priced at around £12, i was never expecting anything truly genre changing and as a movie tie in, it goes above that particular call A lot of the reviews for this game seem a little unfair to me. Having just read the graphic novel and looking forward to seeing the film, this game is the perfect little fan service to someone who enjoys the characters and the world of Watchmen. Being priced at around £12, i was never expecting anything truly genre changing and as a movie tie in, it goes above that particular call of duty. If you like Watchmen, there's really no reason not to pick this up and give it a go. Collapse
  6. Jake
    Mar 25, 2009
    Are these "professional" reviewers even playing the same game as we are? I almost didn't pick up this game because of them. And I can honestly say that would have been the biggest mistake of my life. Yes, it's a button masher. But I can't think of a better one for the 360. I can see myself going through this game a few times with each character just to collect all the Are these "professional" reviewers even playing the same game as we are? I almost didn't pick up this game because of them. And I can honestly say that would have been the biggest mistake of my life. Yes, it's a button masher. But I can't think of a better one for the 360. I can see myself going through this game a few times with each character just to collect all the powerups, and though I've seen each of these guy's finishing moves like 30 times, I can't help but laugh when I see just how brutal some of them are. You'll be like, "Oh wow. That owns." Expand
  7. CuriousSofa
    Mar 8, 2009
    It's a mindless but fun beat-em-up, with some smart social commentary to boot. There are no "puzzles" or anything that would make you compare this to say, God of War. But it's worth $20 easily, especially if you like Final Fight type games and like the Watchmen. Amazing graphics, too.
  8. David
    Apr 14, 2009
    Excellent, expecially for a beat 'em up. It isn't a button masher as the negative reviews say, as enemies are able to detect when a player is mashing away, and will counter. Rorschach is just plain brutal, in a good way. His amazing character and gameplay makes up for the less interesting Nite Owl, and his finishers leave someone going, "Ooooh, Ouch" almost every time.

The

The graphics are just plain excellent, I have never seen an Arcade game with similar caliber of graphics. Only faulted at the repetition that plagues the genre, Watchmen is a great experience.

1. The Watchmen are ready to show their abilities on our consoles. A third person beat'em up that its really interesting, quite fun and faithful to the graphic novel; but it's short, not very deep, it lacks online gameplay and it's extremely expensive for what it offers.
    So, is Watchmen worth your hard-earned cash? I'm going to have to give a resounding "yes" to this expertly crafted beat-em-up. Even with its' shortcomings Watchmen always feels fresh, and really stands apart as a downloadable title.
    Though the very idea of a Watchmen brawler may sicken some, this could have been a good game. Unfortunately, the design lacked any imagination whatsoever. Add Watchmen: The End is Nigh to the long list of movie-licensed games that aren't any good.