Wet Xbox 360

7.2

1. Apr 14, 2017
    Un nanar kikoolol avec tous les effets de ralenti d'un Max Payne ou Stranglehold sauf qu'ici contrairement aux références citées (enfin, "références" façon de parler...) la jouabilité ne suit pas du tout, même pas un peu. Et en plus, c'est moche ! Par ailleurs, l'ambiance à la Tarantino est insupportable, clichés et poncifs s'agglutinent sans aucune gêne et sans la moindre once de dignité.Un nanar kikoolol avec tous les effets de ralenti d'un Max Payne ou Stranglehold sauf qu'ici contrairement aux références citées (enfin, "références" façon de parler...) la jouabilité ne suit pas du tout, même pas un peu. Et en plus, c'est moche ! Par ailleurs, l'ambiance à la Tarantino est insupportable, clichés et poncifs s'agglutinent sans aucune gêne et sans la moindre once de dignité. Je pensais caler le bureau avec ce sous-produit mais en fait non, même un bureau ne mérite pas ça. Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2017
    Wet is a good game but many flaws prevent it from being great.

Wet is a good game but many flaws prevent it from being great.

Wet has a stylish and totally awesome combat system with a very cool acrobatic based slow-mo.Any time you shoot after running off a wall,jumping in the air or off of something,or by sliding and shooting while on the floor.It is an awesome system,as your character has 2 pistols,the game automatically locks on to one,while you find the other.However,there are platforming sections where the controls are stiff and just terrible,leading to a lot of deaths.Also,in a skydiving sequence later in the game,camera controls become an issue for that one part,making that bit a lot harder than it should be.

The graphics look decent,but with an awesome grindhouse inspired style.The game's framerate has an occasional drop but never at a severe detriment to the gameplay.

The story here is decent.I won't spoil it in case you want to play the game.

The sound design is decent,but the game has a great soundtrack.

Overall,Wet is a game that,while entertaining,could have been so much more.It's still a pretty good game that I recommend giving a try
  3. Jun 19, 2014
    Wet is certainly an interesting little game. It's mechanics strongly resemble those of games such as Stranglehold (great game, go check it out), only a bit more acrobatic, a Kill Bill atmosphere and the actual feeling of being in a movie (with clever insertions such as the "mid feature snack breaks" and other ones like the "pre-screening count down" before respawns) make Wet a game uniqueWet is certainly an interesting little game. It's mechanics strongly resemble those of games such as Stranglehold (great game, go check it out), only a bit more acrobatic, a Kill Bill atmosphere and the actual feeling of being in a movie (with clever insertions such as the "mid feature snack breaks" and other ones like the "pre-screening count down" before respawns) make Wet a game unique in it's genre. Apart from this, it has severe problems. The controls can be imprecise at times, random invisible walls, annoying looped music and a general feeling of emptiness can penalize the game experience. It's a good concept with a mediocre concretization. You can have some fun with it, but it's definetly not what you would expect from a company like Bethesda. The Gaia game engine isn't really that great, but it does it's job.

Still, we need more adventurous experiments like this. They are like fresh air in an smelly, old and cracked gaming industry.

4. Apr 7, 2014
    Wet borrows from the best, and adds on some originality to keep it intense from the first mission to the credits. Using parkour athleticism crossed with a helping of bullet-time, Wet really keeps itself from being just another one of those games that over uses slow motion.

The story is horrible, but the cut-scenes are skippable, just get to the point where you are either locked in an arena before you can slaughter hundreds of goons with acrobatics and bloodshed at your leisure, or get to the point where you can speed run through roaming levels whilst slicing and dicing through anyone who gets in your path.

If you like brutal violence, that only gets better with a variety of ways to leap,jump,swing,glide and slide into it, Wet delivers. Maybe not a game you want to tackle all in one go, but a perfect game to pick up and run through a level where the only limit to the ways to inflict pain is up to your co-ordination and imagination.
  5. May 17, 2012
    Wet is an action tour de force!! A really fun game that mixes old school Max Payne style gameplay with over the top action. The soundtrack alone warrants renting the game just so you can give it a listen. It's also very challenging, I beat it on hard but could never finish on the hardest setting, truly a challenge. Everything about the game is so over the top you can't help but wind upWet is an action tour de force!! A really fun game that mixes old school Max Payne style gameplay with over the top action. The soundtrack alone warrants renting the game just so you can give it a listen. It's also very challenging, I beat it on hard but could never finish on the hardest setting, truly a challenge. Everything about the game is so over the top you can't help but wind up grinning from ear to ear while playing it! It's almost like playing a game version of a Guy Ritchie or Quentin Tarantino flick, even at the full price this game was worth every penny. Expand
  6. Mar 25, 2012
    Wet is a game made by Bethesda, The game is about Rubi, a crack assassin who knows her way around a gun and a katana sword. I applaud bethesda for releasing a game with a grindhouse/Quentin Tarrentino feel but you could of done so much more with the combat because it gets grating and repetitive most of the time but it still is pretty satisfying. Hopefully this game gets a sequal andWet is a game made by Bethesda, The game is about Rubi, a crack assassin who knows her way around a gun and a katana sword. I applaud bethesda for releasing a game with a grindhouse/Quentin Tarrentino feel but you could of done so much more with the combat because it gets grating and repetitive most of the time but it still is pretty satisfying. Hopefully this game gets a sequal and improves alot ofthis games flaws. I want to give this a higher score but the repetitive combat lowered it. Though it's still a really good game. Expand
  7. Mar 23, 2012
    Wet is a bad game, have much mstakes, is short, boring and same like other titles, the graphics are regular, the controls are okay, but with some problems, the music is good. Wet can be better, but is one of the most boring titles of Xbox 360.
  8. Sep 17, 2011
    Game absolutely blows. Controls are terrible and the novelty of the game wears of in about 30 minutes and becomes very monotonous. While playing expect to die from no fault of your own many times through the game. Also expect an annoying burning movie reel effect every time you die. Game doesn't allow you to skip a lot of the cut scenes to make the game seem longer. I expected better fromGame absolutely blows. Controls are terrible and the novelty of the game wears of in about 30 minutes and becomes very monotonous. While playing expect to die from no fault of your own many times through the game. Also expect an annoying burning movie reel effect every time you die. Game doesn't allow you to skip a lot of the cut scenes to make the game seem longer. I expected better from Bethesda, makers of Fallout 3, the greatest game ever. Expand
  9. Feb 12, 2011
    Over the years, Bullet-time shooters have become a mini genre of their own. On top of the Max Payne series, we've seen The Matrix Games, Total overdose, The True Crime series, Stranglehold. All pretty simple but still fun. Now joining this mini genre, comes WET. The first thing you will hear about this game is that itâ
  10. Aug 21, 2010
    Very good but very repetitive. It's like a cross between Kill Bill and Max Payne, in that you're basically watching a gore film but diving constantly in slow-motion.
    Jan 25, 2010
    F.. the review. Rubi and the Wet Team get 10's. Yeah there are some really inexcusable glitchy stuff, but the story and the feel are incredible.
  12. DaveTea
    Nov 30, 2009
    Very Stylish game, quite repetitive but if you enjoy a strait action game (and who doesn't) its well worth a shot!
  13. JoH
    Oct 19, 2009
    One word : AWESOME ! This game blew me away, WET went nuclear on me ! The gameplay is tough to master, but when you got it ... it never leaves you ! Rubi Malone is the best Anti-Hero EVER !
  14. JamesLuke
    Oct 1, 2009
    Fairly solid game really, reminds me hugely of max payne. Certainly different and refreshing. Feels quite polished and finished which is always a good sign the developer has put some real thought into the game, from Bethseda you'd expect no less than excellence and they deliver, just as they ususally do. Wet is fun to play, and thats why i rate it so highly, the only real drawbacks Fairly solid game really, reminds me hugely of max payne. Certainly different and refreshing. Feels quite polished and finished which is always a good sign the developer has put some real thought into the game, from Bethseda you'd expect no less than excellence and they deliver, just as they ususally do. Wet is fun to play, and thats why i rate it so highly, the only real drawbacks being potential for replay, and possibly gameplay becomming drawn out and samey, those are why i havn't rated 9 or 10. Expand
  15. BobH
    Sep 29, 2009
    This game is visually interesting and is a blast to play. The acrobatic shooting is incredible! However,
  16. kheas
    Sep 25, 2009
    This is a combination Tomb Raider, Stranglehold, Quentin Tarentino and a touch of Buffy. For anyone who likes mindless action with a string-a-long plot this game is for you. LOTS of fire, little filling, GREAT FUN, some frustration.
  17. NickB
    Sep 22, 2009
    Best action-flick grindhouse simulator out there, not that there are many, but this game has done stuff I haven't seen in any other game and has some serious style. Between this and Batman: AA I'm blown away at the great stuff coming out this year. As for the mixed bag of reviews....jaded reviewers? Wt didn't by enough advertising? No idea....
  18. RossM
    Sep 20, 2009
    As said in other reviews, very gratuitously violent and over the top acrobatic shooter. That also makes it highly addictive. A little short but can see it being played through more than once and the achievements will help this along. Reminded me a little of Stranglehold.
  19. JimB.
    Sep 19, 2009
    The controls in this game are awful, and bad controls pretty much ruin an action game like this completely.Good idea, but really bad execution.
  20. WillC
    Sep 19, 2009
    While the gameplay might not be the tightest and it is a bit short at 6/7 hours, you cannot deny that this game has a good sense of style and action thats pretty rare in games. So if your after an action packed game then this is worth a rent. At least.
  21. MadelineV
    Sep 18, 2009
    I have to agree with some of the other people mentioning that the "top" critics claim the game is boring or not fun, but it's the exact opposite. No there's nothing new here exactly, but the game is extremely fun and entertaining. I actually thought it was better than say Killzone 2, which has a worthless developer team and community. That game wasn't ground-breaking at I have to agree with some of the other people mentioning that the "top" critics claim the game is boring or not fun, but it's the exact opposite. No there's nothing new here exactly, but the game is extremely fun and entertaining. I actually thought it was better than say Killzone 2, which has a worthless developer team and community. That game wasn't ground-breaking at all, yet a lot of people liked it. Well Wet is a great game. It's fun from start to finish, and probably will be looked on as more of a cult classic, like games such as Blood 2 and Jericho. Expand
  22. JackK
    Sep 18, 2009
    Quentin Tarantino movie in a game. Brilliant! Gratuitous and copious amounts of blood and violence, intriguing game play, and a decent story line make this game worth a play.
  23. ZerisC
    Sep 15, 2009
    It's kind of surprising how a lot of reviews seem to hint that this game is 'boring' and 'not fun'. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. In the first hour and a half of the game, I've seen more very cool and Tarantino-esque moments then I've seen in most 'blockbuster' games, like let's say, Halo 3. If anything I found Halo 3 boring It's kind of surprising how a lot of reviews seem to hint that this game is 'boring' and 'not fun'. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. In the first hour and a half of the game, I've seen more very cool and Tarantino-esque moments then I've seen in most 'blockbuster' games, like let's say, Halo 3. If anything I found Halo 3 boring and uninspired when compared to something like this. WET takes the third person genre and gives it a much needed shove. While I won't deny that it can get repetitive and frustrating at times, there's quite a bit of variety in the game to keep things from getting stale, and, this game single handedly restored my faith in quick-time events. It's a single-player game, so don't expect a whole lot of replayability, but WET is most definitely worth your time if you like Tarantino style movies and Rockabilly Western style action, flair, and music. Expand

WET isn't really an original game. Several ingredients are taken from other good titles. Nevertheless, WET is amusing for a couple of hours and therefore it's just a good B-title.
  2. Just when you thought the third-person action/shooter genre was running thin on style, Wet has come along and shaken things up for the better.
  3. Wet is a very good game that any fan of shooters will enjoy.