6.5

1. Jul 14, 2015
    PES 6 is a very slight downgrade from the remarkable PES 4 and PES 5,but it's still an awesome game.Licensing has gotten better with official Ligue 1 teams licensed,but the unlicensed Bundesliga is gone,however Bayern Munich are back and licensed.

Gameplay is as solid as all the previous titles in the series,the game takes a framerate hit an odd time but never really affects gameplay.

Sound is meh,crowd noises just aren't loud enough to make yourself think it's a football match.

Game Modes are identical to PES 5.

Overall,PES 6 still remains superior to FIFA 07.
  2. JimmyS.
    Aug 22, 2007
    This is the best football/soccer video game made to date. It takes up all my video game playing time. Very addictive, realistic game play. Master league is awesome and online play is a blast. This game is by FAR the best and most realistic sports video game, period.
  3. StevenT.
    Apr 25, 2007
    I think this game is about as good as it can be given the limits caused by licensing. The gameplay and matchplay have all improved but it is hard to ignore the lack of edit modes and save replay functions. These issues are all that stop this game from being a 10 in my opinion and (on the pitch at least) it will be hard to make pes 7 much better.
  4. CarlT.
    Feb 12, 2007
    First up Mr. Seabass what a let down! Now I'm a big pro evo fan but what I always thought about pro evo was this; it was never perfect but you allways had the feeling that one day it would be. This I thought was it ....... no.6........But no, it just hasnt come together? in fact it feels like the series is going backwards. the sheer power of the computer players, the BLINDNESS of the First up Mr. Seabass what a let down! Now I'm a big pro evo fan but what I always thought about pro evo was this; it was never perfect but you allways had the feeling that one day it would be. This I thought was it ....... no.6........But no, it just hasnt come together? in fact it feels like the series is going backwards. the sheer power of the computer players, the BLINDNESS of the ref! and no editing ??? what ? I couldn't believeit? Sort it out Seabass......please. Expand
  5. SlavenC.
    Jan 11, 2007
    You sucas all talking some nonsense. The game did not even come out yet. FIFA 07 --> GARBAGE all you have to do is master the FINESSE shot and you can score from anywhere --> bunch of crap and very unrealistic. WE10 a lot more realistic and better.
  6. AdeS.
    Dec 28, 2006
    As said above really, I love pro evo and have played number 5 to death on xbox live, but this just doesn't cut it. Passing has been ruined, it isn't harder, it just doesn't work. The players seem slow and unresponsive as is the speed of the ball, it actually at times feels like you are playing footy on the moon. I keep putting the game on, playing it and trying to make it As said above really, I love pro evo and have played number 5 to death on xbox live, but this just doesn't cut it. Passing has been ruined, it isn't harder, it just doesn't work. The players seem slow and unresponsive as is the speed of the ball, it actually at times feels like you are playing footy on the moon. I keep putting the game on, playing it and trying to make it work, hope that something will click and it will become playable, but alas its not happening, I just want to play pro evo 5 again. Poor. Expand
  7. ChrisS.
    Dec 20, 2006
    OK so no editing and no saving replays. But it looks better than 5 and to me the play does not seem that different. The patch has improved online.
  8. MattW.
    Nov 23, 2006
    I'm afraid this game just got worse. It's not say it's not any good, because it is, it's just Pro Evo 5 was and is so much better. To say that the passing is harder seems an excuse: It's just broken (from the previous version). The AI seems to have been broken also (again comparing to PES5). I can't stress enough just how frustrating this title is to play if I'm afraid this game just got worse. It's not say it's not any good, because it is, it's just Pro Evo 5 was and is so much better. To say that the passing is harder seems an excuse: It's just broken (from the previous version). The AI seems to have been broken also (again comparing to PES5). I can't stress enough just how frustrating this title is to play if you've mastered PES5. I've spent years and years growing up with PES and I'm huge huge fan of the franchise, but my experince with PES6 on the 360 is leaving me a bitter taste in my mouth; everytime I play it! I expected something better, as I've been given in each rendition in the past, but this is by far the tamest and lamet effort Konami have made so far. If you like the Pro Evo franchase, don't kid yourself and pretend this is better than the previous titles - just because it's new. Just go back to PES5 and write this one off as a bad apple. Expand
  9. RichH.
    Nov 6, 2006
    appalling. cut down version of PES that feels like PES1 or 2. slow, unresponsive and lacking all the refinements of the PS2 version. Online is ruined by disconnects. Konami, next time wait until the game is finished before you release it.
  10. MarkP.
    Oct 31, 2006
    Sooo disappointed with the 360 version. Graphics are drab, there is only half (if that) of the options, themenus are not nearly as easy to navigate .. on the up side - the faces look good close up. Poor show Konami - one of your Iss / PES fans for life is upset with you.
  11. PeaceSquid
    Oct 29, 2006
    The worst PES yet. Seabass, your series is dying. The gap between this and Fifa is closing because PES is standing still and has been for 3 or 4 years now. PES6 on the PS2 is a rip off, on the 360 it's practically criminal.
  12. SimonG.
    Oct 22, 2006
    Don't get me wrong this game is great, to me the best in the series, great graphics (on the 360) and i like the new quick freekick. gameplay is a slowed down so makes it feel so much more realistic. man utd and arsenal only proper named treams this time round.. but here is why i dont give it 10/10:: konami i know its it debut on the 360 but why o why did you leave the edit mode out, Don't get me wrong this game is great, to me the best in the series, great graphics (on the 360) and i like the new quick freekick. gameplay is a slowed down so makes it feel so much more realistic. man utd and arsenal only proper named treams this time round.. but here is why i dont give it 10/10:: konami i know its it debut on the 360 but why o why did you leave the edit mode out, this might not anger some of you but it does me, yeah you can edit the players name's but that is it, so i have to put up with chelsea called london fc and liverpool called merseyside red, this will anger some people i guarantee it. it just feels a little bit empty in some departments.. bring on pro evo 7 9/10. Expand

1. Although the tweaks and alterations since the last version are only minor, Pro Evolution Soccer is still a decent footie game. But this year the gap between "FIFA" and PES has grown ever tighter. The overall experience of "FIFA" is certainly better but PES still has the hardcore gameplay.
  2. If all you want to do is play football with friends then PES will still provide you with everything you need. Just don’t go expecting miracles as it is still very much another evolution in the series, we might have to wait until next year for the revolution.
  3. What we have is solid, and refinements could propel it back to glory, but really it's high time we started over from scratch...It's hard not to think that the series has taken a noticeable step backwards at a time when EA's busy taking giant steps with "FIFA."