5.6

1. Jun 23, 2011
    We rented this game from gamefly and we ended up keeping it. The IGN review is way closer to our experience with the game than gameinformers. We had a party with some families from church. these families brought their kids and all of the kids at the party were able to play this and it worked for all of them. Im really not sure what kind of set up or room the low score givers had atWe rented this game from gamefly and we ended up keeping it. The IGN review is way closer to our experience with the game than gameinformers. We had a party with some families from church. these families brought their kids and all of the kids at the party were able to play this and it worked for all of them. Im really not sure what kind of set up or room the low score givers had at their disposal but 0/10 and 2/10 are not what we got out of the game at all. its a lot of fun! if you have a kinect, you should at least give this a rent before dismissing it. at least see if this game works in your living room with your set up. it works great for us! Expand
  2. Aug 31, 2011
    This game is silly, extremely goofy, and one of the best Kinect games for playing with a group of people. Alone, it gets really boring quickly, but with someone to laugh at/with, the game become a hit. The graphics are fine, your avatar can be used as your guide on screen, and the commentary is often bland with some gems dispersed. The game gets difficult quickly, and walking throughThis game is silly, extremely goofy, and one of the best Kinect games for playing with a group of people. Alone, it gets really boring quickly, but with someone to laugh at/with, the game become a hit. The graphics are fine, your avatar can be used as your guide on screen, and the commentary is often bland with some gems dispersed. The game gets difficult quickly, and walking through the tutorial is helpful. Knowing there is a way to stop/backup is key. Collapse
  3. Jun 26, 2011
    Saw ads for this game and felt, oh yeah this is the kind of game that Kinect was made for; sp I went out and got it knowing that I was having people over that coming weekend. The first time we played I was disappointed, even pissed off that I spend 50 bucks for it. I will also admit that I never looked at the instruction manual in the DVD case either. Three of us were playing a wereSaw ads for this game and felt, oh yeah this is the kind of game that Kinect was made for; sp I went out and got it knowing that I was having people over that coming weekend. The first time we played I was disappointed, even pissed off that I spend 50 bucks for it. I will also admit that I never looked at the instruction manual in the DVD case either. Three of us were playing a were constantly wiping out, our avatars were virtually uncontrollable. When you stopped running the stupid thing would continue running and get wiped out.

Then I decided to read the manual (duh, who does that ha-ha) and found out the in order to stop your avatar or even make them back track, you needed to hold your hands out in front of you. I also found that you can run or walk. As a matter of fact, to make short jumps you need to be walking.

After reading the instructions the game began to be a lot more fun. The only gripe I have is that you need to exaggerate your jumps, if you only jump slightly it may go undetected and result in you getting wiped out which can be frustrating sometimes when you know you did what you needed to do.

Overall the game if fun, especially with other people (3 to 4). I do feel that they need to release a patch that will make the game detect jumping a bit better. Is this game worth 50 bucks, well to me no; I think 30 to 40 bucks is the sweet spot for this game. Be it is loads of fun and funny as hell watching people get smacked around when they wipe out. Rent it and see if you like it before spending your money.
  4. Feb 26, 2013
    I have played many games, including insanely difficult ones, from the infamous Silver Surfer for the NES to the relatively tame yet still physical Just Dance 4 for the Wii. Yet, no game has ever been more broken and frustrating than this one. If I could, I would force the makers of the game to keep playing this game until they finish it as torture. There has been games that have made meI have played many games, including insanely difficult ones, from the infamous Silver Surfer for the NES to the relatively tame yet still physical Just Dance 4 for the Wii. Yet, no game has ever been more broken and frustrating than this one. If I could, I would force the makers of the game to keep playing this game until they finish it as torture. There has been games that have made me want to throw a controller at the tv, but none that make me want to break the tv, console, and disc. Your avatar will run when still and go forward when leaning backward. This game, if anything is true, deserves an award. An award for most broken controls in Kinect's history. I'd be ashamed of approving this game if I worked for ABC. Whoever you are, sir or ma'am, I hope they at least paid you millions to smear your name for approving such an abhorrent game.

I write this review as despicably as I can in hopes that in future wipeout games, the problem will be either fixed or the games will no longer sell. Now all that's left is to test Wipeout 3, something I do not quite look forward too.
  5. Aug 31, 2011

1. Jul 13, 2011
    It's hard to imagine that anyone could enjoy Wipeout: In The Zone. Perhaps a five year-old child that can't tell the difference between a broken and a functioning game? Maybe a party guest so drunk that any combination of lights and sounds would entertain?
    An entertaining experience in short bursts - assuming you can overlook the occasional misstep.
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    Overall, the game just doesn't work.