7.3

1. May 20, 2014
    Wolfenstein is back and better than ever. Combining the cheesiness and fun of past titles with a more serious approach to narrative, The New Order succeeds at what it set out to do, create something with a little more depth while remaining true to what makes Wolfenstein the enjoyable game series it is. A lengthy single player campaign, focused narrative cast cast of characters, fun and accessible combat, stealth, fantastic set pieces, etc., make this a game you cannot miss. Expand
  2. May 20, 2014
    This game is absolute fun in this era of the next gen hype. Classic shooter good story with old school graphics. The story is simple well caughtable. The game mechanisms old school. Only negative is few bugs on some levels.
  3. May 20, 2014
    What a fantastic game. Downloaded it from the marketplace, as i wanted a good single player game. Thats exactly what i got, but not good- extreamly good! What a truly fantastic story, with great voice acting. Not only that, but coupled with lots of collectibles, secret rooms, crazy weapons, and a crazy but effective twist on the ww2 setting- makes for an excellent game everybody should play. This game is one of the best story games iv'e ever played infact. Also, you can go guns blazing or stealthy on most levels! Highly reccomend this game for anyone who wants a truly thrilling experience Expand
  4. May 21, 2014
    Awesome, this game is like Tarantino's film Inglorious bastards. I think that Wolfenstein: the new order might be one of the best games of the year. It has to be GOTY!
  5. May 22, 2014
    Bethesda, thank you for giving us the greatest single player shooter campaign since Adam was a boy. Not perfect, so (just) a 9 but an "EPIC" adventure with a great story, huge environments & excellent old school shooting & stealth sequences. The controls are bang on, I loved the fact I could lean from cover, look down the sights and take out numerous enemies all at once, Brilliant !!!
    Negatives…… platform jumping in to, and out of helicopters was annoying (especially on the bridge sequence…. awful save point) ….. Aaaargghh !!! And enemy A.I. on stealth is a little on the easy side.

Developers take note, not everyone wants a multiplayer/online experience. Short, uninspired single player campaigns don't cut it for me and I refuse to part with my hard earned cash for a 5 to 8 hour yawn-fest.

Finally, I have just loaded the fourth disc and I already want to play through this campaign again…….. and again…….. and again.
    LOVE IT !!!!
  6. Jun 7, 2014
    When was the last time you played a good Wolfenstein game? If you are like me its been a loooong time... so I went into this not expecting much... and WOW was I in for a surprise... because the New Wolfenstein is not just good... its extraordinary!

The first thing to strike me was the amazing visuals, which are amongst the best graphics that I have seen the aging XBOX 360 to date. The
    next thing that struck me was the surprisingly well done narrative. The story is well above what we are use to in FPS games as is the character development. Level design is also very well done as each chapter in the game feels completely different from the others, and the range of environments... well I don't want to spoil anything but the places you get to go are pretty cool!

The only nitpicks I have are few and minor such as textures sometimes take a few seconds to load, some slow downs, and the occasional glitch like killing one natzi gave no death animation so I kept shooting him for a few secs until I realized he was bugged. Other than that I have no gripes.

I am going to say something that is a bit of a surprise to me as I really had low expectation of this game going into it... but this Wolfenstein is not only the best in the series... it is now on my short list for best FPS I have ever played! I put it right up there with Half-Life 2 and Metro: Last Light.

Here I am at the end of the review and I have not even talked of the shooting... not to worry as the weapons have weight, pack a punch and are a blast to play with. No game is flawless but this game comes very close to it and for this reason I give it a 10. Not bad for a rental that I thought was going to suck. Probably going to end up buying it as it does have some replay value based on early choices that you make in the game.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. May 24, 2014
    OK, the stealth gameplay is not working and seems forced. But try Wolfenstein: The New Order as an old-school FPS and you'll have the best, gory, mindless time you've had with a game of this kind for a long time.