7.6

1. May 7, 2012
    I purchased this game long after it's release date after playing the demo and I must say it is one of my favorite games! There have been a great many WWII FPS games in the past few years and Wolfenstein adds to the genre with a slight scifi/fantastical twist that adds a fresh take to the genre. I consider myself to be a connoisseur of games and can appreciate certain aspects of a game that are done well even if other parts are lacking. Wolfenstein is one such game and the thing it does well is DETAIL. I don't mean graphically superior skin detail but rather details that add to the level of immersion in the game. The thing that really makes this game stand out to me is that almost every single item in the game world is fully movable and often breakable. It's very satisfying to enter any number of indoor environments (office, kitchen, etc) engage in a close-quarters gunfight and be left with a room full of splintered furniture bits, overturned tables, and scattered debris of all kinds. It really adds a level of immersion lacking in many games. Another level of detail I really appreciate it is in the game's more fantastic weapons. One of my favorite weapons, the Tesla gun, has a great level of detail in the specific parts that make up the gun including a small gauge that actually moves as the gun "spins up" for discharge. The game has a couple "hub" areas of the city that are somewhat open world and after learning the sewer shortcuts and rooftop paths one really starts to get the feeling of being a resistance fighter in a Nazi-occupied city. The overall story could definitely be better written and more engaging but overall it's quite a fun right and not as mindless as some would lead you to believe. It is definitely worth the price you'd pay for it at this point in time! Expand
  2. Aug 23, 2013
    An underrated gem. This game is like a WWII Call of Duty with a sci fi twist! The mechanics are great and the game has many destructible objects in the environment, leading to half-destroyed rooms after a big firefight which really pulls you into the game environment. The hub areas of the city are cool and really make you feel like you are sneaking around the back alleyways of a Nazi-occupied town during WWII. The weapon models, especially the sci-fi guns, are very well done and offer tons of cool details to make them feel like they would actually work in the real world and it's cool how they incorporated parts form real german guns into the sci-fi weapons. I've had tons of fun playing this underrated game and would suggest it highly for anyone looking for a great wwii fps with a scifi twist! Expand

You can't help but wish that they developed the kernel of the ideas in this game into something more. As it is, this new Wolfenstein comes off as an engaging, though otherwise forgettable, shooter.
    If you're into WWII shooters -- and judging by the sales of every single Call of Duty title ever, you are -- but you're looking for something with a little twist to it -- which, judging by the sales of twisty straws, you are -- and you don't mind the color green -- and judging by the number of Irish people in the world, you don't -- you should get yourself a copy of Wolfenstein.
  3. Compelling single player with a fresh take on things doesn’t happen every day. It’s just that much better when it comes bundled with a fantastic multiplayer experience to boot.