7.0

1. SteveC.
    Sep 25, 2007
    Very disappointed with this game. I expected a port of the brilliant Worms:Armageddon - but this is more like Worms 1.0 beta lite.
  2. BoggyB.
    Mar 16, 2007
    This isn't the Worms I was expecting. It's like a cheap knockoff.
  3. DrewP.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Unfortunately, while this game can be fun for a little while, it is a huge step backwards in terms of content and won't have nearly the longevity of the older games. Team17 missed the mark here by trying to target "casual gamers" instead of their existing fanbase but instead making the game appeal most to the more hardcore players.
  4. MattP
    Feb 26, 2009
    It is sad to see how far backwards this game has gone from the earlier versions (Armageddon, etc.). I purchased Worms from the Xbox Live Arcade hoping for a new, innovative title from Team 17. However, what I got was a disappointing re-run of a game, that simply didn't seem finished. One of the primary features made the previous worms games so great was the customization, withIt is sad to see how far backwards this game has gone from the earlier versions (Armageddon, etc.). I purchased Worms from the Xbox Live Arcade hoping for a new, innovative title from Team 17. However, what I got was a disappointing re-run of a game, that simply didn't seem finished. One of the primary features made the previous worms games so great was the customization, with changeable worm voices, victory fanfares, and more than 3 map styles. Perhaps Team 17 is running low-budget, because this seems like a quick cash-grab compared to the previous titles. Call me nostalgic for "The good ole days", but there was so much more they could have done with this. Expand

1. At the very least, the 360's first "Worms" game recalls the series' hearty roots--and for that, we're thankful. [Mar 2007, p.79]
  2. It does right by the classic Worms gameplay, and it's probably the best-looking Worms game ever; but a shortness of features makes it feel a little bare-bones, not to mention a little overpriced.
  3. It’s a shame that some of the backgrounds and voice packs seem to have been limited for that trademarked MSP exploitation later on, but even in its most basic form, Worms is still highly recommended.