5.8

1. Jul 26, 2012
    When I initially purchased the game, I immediately became frustrated when the kinect-controls seemed to do things on their own. I finally discovered that my controller was on and causing some kind of strange interference with the on-screen avatar. Once I got the controls to work properly, I found the game to be an absolute blast. I thought only my son would enjoy it but 2 days later my arms are sore from playing constantly trying to set high scores.

+only 800 ms points
    +kinect controls work very well(post-Issue)
    +does not get boring like angry birds and the games are not really comparable at all anyway

-Trying to see leaderboards is a bit of a task
    -strange controller interference
    -physics could be better

1. Sep 23, 2012
    Kinect actually works. [Issue#89,p.88]
  2. Sep 4, 2012
    Despite too similar settings and a fast rising difficulty level Wreckateer delivers a solid casual gaming experience with a great implementation of the Kinect system.
  3. Sep 3, 2012
    There's a lot to like about The Wreckateer; it's a fun, if slightly lightweight offering, and its Kinect controls are well implemented. But as good as it is, The Wreckateer won't win over anyone who isn't already convinced by Kinect. It looks like players may have to wait for the next generation of consoles before that's even possible.